First hawk to be revealed this week in nfl net top 100 playe

gowazzu02

Reaction score
Just watched the dvr of last weeks show, 80-71 and in their preview of show 70-61 they say and the super bowl champs make their first appearance in the countdown.

Who do you think it is? Im guessing either Kam or Michael Bennett

Then others who i think make it,
Lynch (who was around 25 last year)
Wilson (who was around 50 last year)
ET
Sherman

Hawknballs

Reaction score
what's funny is they said the 49ers have the most players on the list

then they said denver had 9.

so the 49ers have 10 players on the list? really? out of 32 teams, 10% of the best players are on the 49ers?

*cough*bs*cough*

if that were the case they'd have a trophy that didn't pre-date AOL.

onanygivensunday

Reaction score
tooshort":1vhysuo0 said:
It's Unger.
He's on the list so it has to be him right?
Even as an acquaintance of Max and a Hawks homer I thought his name would have been called weeks ago.
I doubt that Max made it this year.

His level of play last year was affected by his injuries.

I'm guessing that it's Cliff Avril.

Kam belongs higher and so does Bennett.

FargoHawk

Reaction score
It's gotta be Kam. They've been showing promos with Kam makin plays.

Blitzer88

Reaction score
Kam or Bennett. Would be nice to see Bobby make it as well, but I doubt he made the list.

MadSweeney

Reaction score
Hawknballs":2tnk5ckh said:

so the 49ers have 10 players on the list? really? out of 32 teams, 10% of the best players are on the 49ers?

*cough*bs*cough*

Having the best talent doesn't gaurantee trophies. Niners have been loaded with talent for years, that's how Harbaugh had success so quickly. They have the best OL as a whole (which means 2-3 top guys), three LBs including Bowman, the Smiths just off the top of my head. Throw in Krap for the obligatory star fluffery and that's 8 just off the top of my head. It's pretty absurd that they didn't win it all with the talent they've had but that's what happens in one and done playoffs when your coach is a crotch sniffer. Teams that are whole packages win championships. Teams loaded with talent send a lot of players to Hawaii. I don't see more than 7 or 8 Hawks on the list (Kam, ET, Sherm, Wagner or Wright, Russ, Beast, Percy, Avril or Bennett) , yet they're champions. Team honors best individual honors every single time but I know here it's all supposed to be rah rah Haeks are better than anyone else ever was and the top 32 players should be Hawks and Niners totally suck and shouldn't be on the list and Carroll/JS do things different than anyone ever was and this team is different than any other team and everyone does things better than anyone rinse ever did and no other team has talent and anyone saying anything otherwise is disrespect and ignorant and not a real fan.

Get a grip, there are teams with elite players, even division rivals.

RedAlice

Reaction score
MadSweeney":1r6n3s63 said:
Hawknballs":1r6n3s63 said:

*cough*bs*cough*

Having the best talent doesn't gaurantee trophies. Niners have been loaded with talent for years, that's how Harbaugh had success so quickly. They have the best OL as a whole (which means 2-3 top guys), three LBs including Bowman, the Smiths just off the top of my head. Throw in Krap for the obligatory star fluffery and that's 8 just off the top of my head. It's pretty absurd that they didn't win it all with the talent they've had but that's what happens in one and done playoffs when your coach is a crotch sniffer. Teams that are whole packages win championships. Teams loaded with talent send a lot of players to Hawaii. I don't see more than 7 or 8 Hawks on the list (Kam, ET, Sherm, Wagner or Wright, Russ, Beast, Percy, Avril or Bennett) , yet they're champions. Team honors best individual honors every single time but I know here it's all supposed to be rah rah Haeks are better than anyone else ever was and the top 32 players should be Hawks and Niners totally suck and shouldn't be on the list and Carroll/JS do things different than anyone ever was and this team is different than any other team and everyone does things better than anyone rinse ever did and no other team has talent and anyone saying anything otherwise is disrespect and ignorant and not a real fan.

Get a grip, there are teams with elite players, even division rivals.

Bad sentence breaks, but yeah.

I myself am just reading and soaking in this Hawk Arrogance. I understand and admire it....yet.....

QuahHawk

Reaction score
I'm guessing Kam. I think Harvin won't make it this year and we he explodes this season he will instantly jump into the top 50 next year.

Tokadub

Reaction score
I find the thought of Bennett being a top 100 player laughable. Still would have rather kept Tate than Bennett.

If it was an even distribution the top 100 players averages out to about 3 players per team (3.125).

I just think it's a hilarious if Bennett makes this list which would place him as a top 3 player on most teams if it was averaged out. Obviously the Seahawks have a ton more guys in the top 100 than 3... but if Bennett was a top 3 player on ANY team I would find that quite comical.

Bennett was tied for 29th in sacks in the NFL...

11 guys on the Seahawks had more tackles than him last season... including Walter Thurmand...

I just don't see how he could ever be a top 100 NFL player just because he hustles... Bennett benefits from sitting smack in the middle of the best defense in the NFL which creates all kinds of opportunities for him to put up those mediocre numbers.

I like Bennett and he fits our system well, but I think he's massively hyped and to a degree over rated. I don't see anything particularly special with him except that he hustles which should be a requirement to begin with.

bigtrain21

Reaction score
Tokadub":178hub7t said:
I find the thought of Bennett being a top 100 player laughable. Still would have rather kept Tate than Bennett.

If it was an even distribution the top 100 players averages out to about 3 players per team (3.125).

I just think it's a hilarious if Bennett makes this list which would place him as a top 3 player on most teams if it was averaged out. Obviously the Seahawks have a ton more guys in the top 100 than 3... but if Bennett was a top 3 player on ANY team I would find that quite comical.

11 guys on the Seahawks had more tackles than him last season... including Walter Thurmand...

I just don't see how he could ever be a top 100 NFL player just because he hustles... Bennett benefits from sitting smack in the middle of the best defense in the NFL which creates all kinds of opportunities for him to put up those mediocre numbers.

I like Bennett and he fits our system well, but I think he's massively hyped and to a degree over rated. I don't see anything particularly special with him except that he hustles which should be a requirement to begin with.

I don't think you realize how hard it is to get sacks from the interior defensive line. Tackles are also a dumb stat to judge defensive lineman by. He made plays all season long and he will get more snaps next year since Pete said in an interview late last season that he Bennett deserves to play more often. The contract he signed is a great deal for us. He can play end and on the interior which is something that is highly valued for this defense.

Hasselbeck

Reaction score
Tokadub":19x7lldo said:

You find the idea that Bennett is a Top 100 player laughable but you wanted to give Golden Tate at least $7M a year?

That's all I needed to read to determine this is lunacy.

Hasselbeck

Reaction score
Hawknballs":3qz862lg said:

*cough*bs*cough*

I hate the Niners but that roster is loaded. I wouldn't have included Kaep on the Top 100.. but I guess I can see how he made it since he's flashy and can run like a gazelle and throw laser passes.

Aside from Kaep though.. you have Gore, Iupati, Staley, Davis, Bowman, Willis, J. Smith and Aldon Smith. Not sure who the 10th guy would be.. probably Boldin, Reid or Whitner.

Nonetheless, the 49ers roster is incredibly deep.

Hawks46

Reaction score
bigtrain21":a77ej40x said:
Tokadub":a77ej40x said:

I don't think you realize how hard it is to get sacks from the interior defensive line. Tackles are also a dumb stat to judge defensive lineman by. He made plays all season long and he will get more snaps next year since Pete said in an interview late last season that he Bennett deserves to play more often. The contract he signed is a great deal for us. He can play end and on the interior which is something that is highly valued for this defense.

Bingo. Plus, take all of Bennett's stats and realize that he's playing roughly 50% of the snaps. That means when he was in there, he was making impact plays. He's definately a top 100 player; not many guys can go inside then slide outside and make an impact both ways. Bennett is every bit as good against the run as Red Bryant, yet rushes the passer from the interior as good as any of the top 10% of 3 tech DT's out there. When he played at Tampa, he was the top rated 4-3 DE against the run. That's not top 100 ?

And if Kam shows up now, it's a travesty. Chancellor is the 3rd or 4th best Safety overall in the league, and the very best SS in the league. He's definately top 50

Pandion Haliaetus

Reaction score
Tokadub":kuo6mdrt said:

Funny, how everyone disagrees with you... not only did Bennett rank in the top 3 in most off-season top free agent lists but he's viewed as one of the most complete 4-3 DL in the NFL.

He's not overrated in the least...considering that if he continues his career progression, he will actually be underrated for the contract he just signed.

And you look at sacks...I say look at the whole picture its called pressure per snap.

You say look at tackles... I say look at impact plays.

You say they should have kept Tate...but the Seahawks didn't want to pay Tate what he got from Detriot and they had the cap to do it. Cap wasn't a problem. They just knew he was REPLACEABLE.

Bennett however is not that replaceable. Very few lineman in the NFL can successfully pass rush outside as well as successfully pass rush inside while being a great run-defender. Very few. Bennett is such an anomaly of sorts, The Seahawks, already have drafted and will try to develop Cassius Marsh as Bennett's replacement in 3-4 years. That's respect for what Bennett brings to the table. And I'm going to low ball it and say if you were a better fan, you'd probably understand how important Bennett is, instead continuing to deny his value like he stole your girlfriend.

Good thing though that you're just a fan because the Seahawks know what they are doing and that's why Bennett was the #1 priority this off-season. And he'll be a starter this season which means more opportunities to make you look stupid while accumulates better tackle and sack numbers while continuing to rank among the elite in pressures per snap and impact plays.