Any trades from our roster likely or possible after TC?

jammerhawk

Reaction score
The team has a few quite valuable players who will be FAs after this season and the good fortune to be very deep at a few positional areas especially at LB and at WR, DT, & DB.

Does anyone think there could be some attempt by the FO to trade away a few of the guys who may be otherwise lost to the team assuming the young depth appears to be now ready to play? For sure I'm not advocating a trade at all but am wondering if there are not a few players that could be traded to ensure value is gained from them before they are lost.

If so who? Maybe possibly KJ Wright or even Malcolm Smith or Mike Morgan or O'Bie Schofield could be moved? How about possibly Sidney Rice or even Jermaine Kearse if both the drafted rookies look solid coming out of camp or one of offseason acquisitions like Chris Matthews steps forward and tries to seize a job? What of Lemuel Jeanpierre if one of Steve Schilling or Greg VanRoten look solid. Could the team recover some draft value if perhaps Deshawn Shead or even Phillip Adams, Chandler Fenner, or even Jeron Johnson are seen as trade pieces. Could a trade be possible to provide more quality OLine depth if none of swing tackles looks up to making a difference for the OLine? What if Pryor has the lights come on at last and displays some ability to really play QB along with the genuine physical ability he has? If one of the young players at TE shows some legit ability is Anthony McCoy expendable? Could some of the young talent on the DLine be swapped for another position.

I'm just spitballing here.

drdiags

Reaction score
I would have imagined that Baldwin would have been leveraged if he signed the tender. After working out an extension, that is off the table. I think Rice starts on the PUP, giving the young WRs a chance to show if they can cut it. If Rice comes back sooner than I think, the only guy with any trade value is probably Kearse.

Pryor is a wildcard to me. The team is tweaked about seeing if they can grow his value. I could see him making the team as a 3rd QB, but would be shocked if he won the backup job. I think the team will try to recoup that 7th they took a flier on him with. I just don't see a bunch of buyers but our team thought he wouldn't escape the waiver wire so they think there is a market for him. I am intrigued with Pryor.

TE is another strange competition. I hadn't thought about McCoy not making it but that could be a way some of the young talent makes the 53. I am pulling for McCoy.

Pandion Haliaetus

Reaction score
Its possible, I think more than any, Seahawks are going to have to cut a lot of talent.

Suspension are being handed out like crazy, injuries are going to mount up after PS, some teams that are in the back end of the waiver process might look to shell out some picks to plug up holes rather than allowing others teams to sift all the treasure from trash.

Subzero717

Reaction score
Trades have kind of disappeared in the NFL. At least ones that are noteworthy at the time. Its almost as if FOs figure if a team wants to trade a guy just wait s week and he will be a FA.

Bigpumpkin

Reaction score
CALIHAWK1":36mnk2yf said:
Trades have kind of disappeared in the NFL. At least ones that are noteworthy at the time. Its almost as if FOs figure if a team wants to trade a guy just wait s week and he will be a FA.

As a rule, you are correct. However, the Hawks have some great talent that some teams might find "irresistible".

RiverDog

Reaction score
CALIHAWK1":ru5vojlw said:

You're right, they are pretty rare, especially this time of year. Why trade for a need when you can wait a few weeks and scoop up a decent player when teams make their cuts?

brimsalabim

Reaction score
Does Pryor have trade value? Isn't he on a one year deal? Why are we even developing him for another team to use against us? TJACK is on a one year deal too right? And god forbid we try to move RW but he has only one year left as well.
How could we trade any of them?

v1rotv2

Reaction score
I don't think the OP question can be definitely answered because IMHO we are stacked pretty much at every position. But we all know that with JS/PC the ball is always in the air. So nothing can be ruled out. I also think that repeating is just as high a priority as winning the first Super Bowl so again no stone will be left unturned.

RiverDog

Reaction score
v1rotv2":3n0mb1u8 said:
I don't think the OP question can be definitely answered because IMHO we are stacked pretty much at every position. But we all know that with JS/PC the ball is always in the air. So nothing can be ruled out. I also think that repeating is just as high a priority as winning the first Super Bowl so again no stone will be left unturned.

Yep. As George Allen once said, the future is now. We currently have a window of opportunity, and there's no guarantee as to how long it will stay open in today's environment of parity. I wouldn't be surprised if we make another Harvin-like trade involving future draft choices for an established player.

Largent80

Reaction score
I believe we are sitting pretty well for next years draft with the comp. picks we will get from all the people leaving and going elsewhere. And since we will pick 32nd again.. :twisted: I don't think we will trade anyone.