Kiero Small to be released

GoHawks

Reaction score
Curtis Crabtree ‏@Curtis_Crabtree 5m
Seahawks are releasing FB Kiero Small, per a source.

Natethegreat

Reaction score
I think he makes the practice squad pretty easy though. At least i hope he does.

Reaction score
WHY??? I'll admit that I'm no scout, but he showed so much...I thought he'd be a lock.

OkieHawk

Reaction score
Chrome_Seahawk":37esh68c said:
WHY??? I'll admit that I'm no scout, but he showed so much...I thought he'd be a lock.

I liked him better than Ware, who will probably stay on unfortunately.

HawkWow

Reaction score
Mixed emotions on this one. The kid was a wrecking ball, though I do believe Ware is the more complete back.

Tech Worlds

Reaction score
When I scouted him I just didn't see the explosive first step. He seamed to lose leverage and wasn't able to turn his hips and run. Not good with his hands either.

To the keen observer, this move comes as no surprise.

kearly

Reaction score
I think this had more to do with our coaches being way too rosy on Coleman than being down on Small.

I'm guessing they also liked Small's chances of clearing waivers and reaching their PS, so that probably factored as well.

Trrrroy

Reaction score
Surprising. For all the talk about wanting to be a hard nosed, running team they sure have a soft fullback for it. Nothing against Coleman, but Small is hands down a better blocker.

hawkfan68

Reaction score
I think Coleman was set. It was between Ware and Small. It just means it's likely that Spencer Ware made the team. Like others have mentioned, Small may get added to PS.

endzorn

Reaction score
I think Wilson wanted him gone so he wouldn't be a fan favorite and hog all the attention.

Reaction score
endzorn":273v9wjg said:
I think Wilson wanted him gone so he wouldn't be a fan favorite and hog all the attention.
Lol, you might be onto something. . perhaps Russ likes being "The Little Guy" on the team. ..couldn't handle being 3 or so inches taller than Small.

TwilightError

Reaction score
Not good. Small would have been a brilliant goal line back and fullback. I liked him more than Coleman.

nanomoz

Reaction score
Awwwww man. Bummer. I hope he clears waivers to the PS.

Largent80

Reaction score
You need to be able to catch the ball as a Hawk FB, and he looked kinda sketchy doing it. Ware has shown me little however.

m0ng0

Reaction score
he caught two passes against the raiders, bummer I hope he makes the practice squad.

sutz

Reaction score
Not sure there's a big market in the NFL for undersized FBs, no matter how hard they hit. I'd be good with him making the PS and working on his skills for a season or two. Coleman can do the job for now.

hawkfan68

Reaction score
sutz":16ryjtuk said:
Not sure there's a big market in the NFL for undersized FBs, no matter how hard they hit. I'd be good with him making the PS and working on his skills for a season or two. Coleman can do the job for now.

It depends on your definition of undersized. He may be short but he weighs 247 pds. Not undersized in the weight dept for a fullback.

Latest posts