Eddie Lacy vs. Marshawn Lynch

jake206

Reaction score
Any guesses whose going to fare better tomorrow?

OrFan

Reaction score
Lynch. Lacy is good, but does not have the moves Lynch does. He is more of a fat boy who runs straight. I think this will be better for our run defense than a shifty type of back.

HawkWow

Reaction score
Typically, this would be a tough choice. But even though we let a few backs get to the next level in pre-season, the loss of Raji will doom the Pack when trying to stop the very fresh Lynch...especially with Harvin (and RW) commanding the bulk of GB's attention. As always, and like every other team, they will first try to stop the run, but my guess is they will lose focus on Lynch when RW to Harvin is beating them for 10-15 yards a crack consistently. The Pack will have to score a lot of points to beat our Hawks. I don't see it.

31-21 in a very entertaining contest is my prediction.

HawkWow

Reaction score
This has to be a huge deal for Lacy and the moment perhaps too big. You know he has studied a zillion hours of Marshawn Lynch. Let's hope he tries too hard to be the best back on the field, show up his mentor.

I so miss Keith Jackson's cry of "Fummmmmmble".

McG

Reaction score
On a side note who would you have rather had in the 2013 NFL Draft, Christine Micheal at 62 or Eddie Lacy at 61? I have no idea if we would have picked him if he had been there, but you have to figure that they would have. In PC's presser I watched yesterday he had nothing but good things to say about Lacy and he looked visibly annoyed when talking about him. Personally, I think he would have been the perfect replacement for Lynch. With that said, I still think Lynch tears up GB for around 120 YDs and 2 TDs.

irocdave

Reaction score
You know the Pack is going to be dedicated to the run in the 1st half. Hawks LB's need to buckle up. Got a feeling this could be a soft spot in the D again, hope I'm wrong. At the end of the night Lynch has the yards a TD advantage and the our Hawks walk out with a win.

dusktreader

Reaction score
McG":fi04uldv said:
On a side note who would you have rather had in the 2013 NFL Draft, Christine Micheal at 62 or Eddie Lacy at 61? I have no idea if we would have picked him if he had been there, but you have to figure that they would have. In PC's presser I watched yesterday he had nothing but good things to say about Lacy and he looked visibly annoyed when talking about him. Personally, I think he would have been the perfect replacement for Lynch. With that said, I still think Lynch tears up GB for around 120 YDs and 2 TDs.

I love CMike's potential, but I would take Lacy all day long. He plays a lot like Marshawn, and I think he would fit into our offense very nicely

HawkWow

Reaction score
I'm glad Lynch got his money, but he probably doesn't hold out if Lacy is on the roster. As soon as Lynch committed to his hold out, my fear was realized.... Michael sux.

Missing_Clink

Reaction score
McG":2cyd493e said:

Keep in in mind that the Hawks actually picked BEFORE the Packers (pick 58 or so) but traded back with the Ravens with Lacy on the board. In hindsight if I was in charge, hell yes I'd stay there and pick Lacy.

I like CMike but I cannot even imagine a 1-2 punch of Lynch and Lacy. That would be the most punishing backfield in NFL history.

McG

Reaction score
Missing_Clink":3l0p613e said:
McG":3l0p613e said:

Keep in in mind that the Hawks actually picked BEFORE the Packers (pick 58 or so) but traded back with the Ravens with Lacy on the board. In hindsight if I was in charge, hell yes I'd stay there and pick Lacy.

I like CMike but I cannot even imagine a 1-2 punch of Lynch and Lacy. That would be the most punishing backfield in NFL history.

Imagine a backfield with Beast as the HB and Lacy as the FB and they both take turns playing the other position. You would be able to constantly have an advantage out there, the other team not knowing who the FB was an who the HB was. I'm sure that's just crazy talk and I'm guessing Lynch wouldn't enjoy lead blocking, but I like to think x's and o's outside the box. Typical play calling is why so many talented teams in the NFL and NCAA end up losing games they should win. This why having a healthy Harvin all year will be amazing for the overall impact of our offense. I just hope that Micheal can figure it out and become a dynamic player for us, he has a ton of potential but I'm not sure he has enough above the neck to say out of trouble and be a "smart" football player.

hawk45

Reaction score
FWIW was listening to 950 this morning and Dick Fain mentioned that Lacy tore up bottom-third NFL rush defenses last year for like 5.0 ypc and 106 yards a game but in games played against top-10 rush Ds he averaged only 3.3 ypc and 61 yards.

A) Green Bay isn't a top-10 heck probably not a top-20 rush D without Raji so Lynch is going wild
B) Remains to be seen how our rush D is without Red and Clem, but seems reasonable we hold Lacy under 100 easily
C) Especially because with the Havin factor out there Wilson is going to be tearing the crappy Green Bay secondary into huge steaming chunks of bloody meat and Green Bay will need to be throwing. Wheeeeeeee!

hawk45

Reaction score
Almost forgot:

D) This is before the annual Okung injury, Carpenter hits the conditioning wall, and a grab bag of 2 other starting linemen pull up lame, so Lynch - fresh himself from an entire offseason - will have actual blocking out there. I don't trust pass pro until I see it with this line, but run blocking we know they can do.

Sarlacc83

Reaction score
HawkWow":376j7v9y said:
I'm glad Lynch got his money, but he probably doesn't hold out if Lacy is on the roster. As soon as Lynch committed to his hold out, my fear was realized.... Michael sux.

Lolwut? Lynch held out for the exact opposite reason. He knows they're high on Turbin and Michael, and he's a prime candidate for being cut. Seriously.

As for the OP, going with Lynch. I can see him having a 3 TD day, 2 rush, 1 pass. (I was semi-tempted to go with Lacy, though, just because Turbin will probably see quite a few carries tonight but if that's the case, it means Lynch still had a great day.)

HansGruber

Reaction score
HawkWow":3ikzlf61 said:

Lynch held out because he knew this is his last season. And he wanted to get paid while he could.

That's it.

Latest posts