Hawks didn't take this one seriously

Reaneypark

Reaction score
This team needed a big dose of humble pie.

Bunch of big-talking dudes who thought they were gonna get crowned and instead they got clowned.

They'll be all right as long as they learn their damn lesson.

bmorepunk

Reaction score
I can't speak for the players. I can speak to what I was reading around here.

This typical overconfidence comes and goes through the season. People have false memories of steamrolling teams last year. Remember the St. Louis, Houston, and Indy road games? They got out of two of those that could have gone either way.

This team is not going 16-0 and it's not going to dominate its way into the playoffs. It's going to need to play good enough through the season and catch the right breaks to make the playoffs, hopefully get HFA, and win in the playoffs.

Steve2222

Reaction score
I'm still puzzled why everyone though this would be a cake walk.

bmorepunk

Reaction score
Steve2222":kv00t8wd said:

I can't remember exactly how many times this happened last year and it was either ridiculously close or a loss.

Tech Worlds

Reaction score
I think they took it seriously. They just got beat.

We simply aren't the world beaters we thought we were.

They beat us on a short week when we had lots of rest.

Year of The Hawk

Reaction score
They made many bonehead defensive plays. Example Irvin's PF on river to keep a drive alive. Sloppy tackling as well. I think the extra time was bad. They got soft. Gotta hand it to the Chargers offensive game plan. They did a great job. Well lets just go 1-0 next week. No need to loose our sh*t over this. A nice home game win over Denver will cure this sickness.

OP
OP
Reaneypark

Reaneypark

Reaction score
Erebus":3im35n6l said:
I think it's more about the Chargers. They played great.

They did and we certainly helped them. Our OLine played like ass today and so did the linebackers.

hawker84

Reaction score
Yep, Zero excuses. We got beat simple as that. They made the plays on both sides of the ball, we did not. moving on...

SeatownJay

Reaction score
San Diego did a great job of exposing Seattle's main weaknesses, pass blocking on offense and pass coverage by the linebackers on defense.

DavidSeven

Reaction score
Rivers played out of his mind and our entire secondary played with heat cramps.

Simple as that. This game goes way different in normal SD temps.

fenderbender123

Reaction score
Our team looks as good as last years team. We struggled on the road early last season. Reminds me of the Colts game last year. Similar to the Texans and Rams games as well. We will be alright. San Diego played an excellent game. Rivers was flawless...I've literally never seen a better game played by a QB in my entire life. They also recovered three of their own fumbles...something that is very improbable.

SalishHawkFan

Reaction score
Steve2222":v77wd8vn said:
Mainly because San Diego had the worst defense in the NFL. Their defense is still crap. But now we see just how bad our two tackles really are. Wilson finished with a 123 rating because that's what Wilson does, but that oline couldn't protect him.

But what killed us was the fumble of the kickoff in the first half. Our defense couldn't get off the field and then they went right back on the field. And San Diego drives went like this: 1st and 10. 1st and 15, 1st and 25. 2nd and 20. 3rd and 12. First down.

Rinse, repeat.

With drives like that, in 120 degree heat, the fumbled kickoff was fatal.

SonicHawk

Reaction score
I would have been totally ok with the Hawks not losing a single game this year and not eating 'humble pie' (which is complete BS).

Stop trying to find silver linings. We were outplayed. Our defense was hot, couldn't tackle and in general just played poorly. The Chargers consistently tried to not score TDs with penalties but we allowed them to. Our offense was one dimensional and our O-Line was an embarrassment.

This was an awful game. Nothing humbling about it.

Doesn't mean we'll play like this again, doesn't mean anything but being 1-1. Let's get 'em next week.

strohmin

Reaction score
Ridiculous. We didn't win because we didn't take this game seriously????!!!!!!!!!! I think the team played extremely hard with a few bone head plays, but I give the San Diego Chargers credit for today's game/

James in PA

Reaction score
I remember the Hawks looking like this a couple years ago down in Miami. This team isn't very good in hot, humid conditions. It was smart of San Diego to make the Hawks wear their dark jerseys. I'm really disappointed with the defense and Zach Miller. I hope this was a big wake up call for next week.

oldhawkfan

Reaction score
I don't see how anyone can put the blame of this loss on any part of the offense. This loss is squarely on the defense. A 42-17 edge in time of possession and only 90 yards more in offense. Don't even attempt to blame the offense! The defense had stupid penalties, poor coverage and bad tackling. 100% on the defense in this one!!!

ringless

Reaction score
I dont know where posters are getting all this 120 degree heat, it was 94 for most of the game... And weather is an excuse, we had to come beat you guys in the rain last year, and we are a horrible team in those conditions. SD came to play today, they executed, they kept your defense on the field. The defense gave up way to many big plays on third down, and honestly it looks like they let their own frustrations beat them. They are a very excitable bunch, and you could see it was different ball game from their body language playing a tough game from behind like that because they just arent use to it anymore.

Latest posts