Hawks didn't take this one seriously

dontbelikethat

Reaction score
Give credit where it's due, they did this team in how the Hawks usually do other teams in blowouts. Well played on their part and still was really a close game throughout. Hawks will be fine and I hope this loss teaches a lot of lessons. Need to be focused and disciplined.

nanomoz

Reaction score
hawker84":58trx8at said:
Yep, Zero excuses. We got beat simple as that. They made the plays on both sides of the ball, we did not. moving on...

Touché. And we even got the benefit of the doubt of some awful officiating.

hawkstrap

Reaction score
ringless":37xn2knu said:
I dont know where posters are getting all this 120 degree heat, it was 94 for most of the game... And weather is an excuse, we had to come beat you guys in the rain last year, and we are a horrible team in those conditions. SD came to play today, they executed, they kept your defense on the field. The defense gave up way to many big plays on third down, and honestly it looks like they let their own frustrations beat them. They are a very excitable bunch, and you could see it was different ball game from their body language playing a tough game from behind like that because they just arent use to it anymore.

Fart

bmorepunk

Reaction score
The Chargers played better and it's not like the Seahawks gave them a lot of freebies. Some people on this forum seemed to underestimate Rivers, maybe because they didn't watch him last season.

The Seahawks didn't give up and still had a shot to win at the end. A loss is still a loss but it's not like they were demolished and gave up.

MB12

Reaction score
Erebus":287eprsd said:
I think it's more about the Chargers. They played great.
I think it is a bit of both, we certainly helped them out but they executed a very solid gameplan and deserve a lot of credit

vonstout

Reaction score
Even though SD played a great game, we killed our D with the kickoff fumble and we had way too many stupid penalties. With all of that, we still had a chance to win. The person that had a big slice of humble pie was Sherman. These games are the ones that could cost us HFA. It makes next weeks game more important, that's for sure.

OP
OP
Reaneypark

Reaneypark

Reaction score
I saw a real lack of intensity and urgency from this team in the first quarter. But you all might have seen things differently.

Mjolnir

Reaction score
I think SD did a bang up job exposing our pass coverage weaknesses (LB) and were impressively clutch when they had to be. Hats off to the Chargers.

Every SB winner will get the absolute best and most focused play against them.

Offensively, I think we went away from our formula of ground attack to wear down the defense and eat clock. We needed to keep a hot QB off the field and we started getting a little too pass happy I think. It's tough not to want to be pass happy, with the weapons we have.

I also agree with those who are saying this is good for us; I personally think the team truly started to believe in their invulnerability a tad and a loss like this is a wonderful reminder that nothing is a given. I think this will really make the team that much better in the long run.

If we're gonna lose, I'd rather have it early on.

Russ Willstrong

Reaction score
Got to say Rivers, Gates and Chargers Defense played like giant killers. They came in to the game with a good plan and great execution. We took them seriously alright and we still got our ass handed to us.

dbsn2420

Reaction score
Reaneypark":13k83mgs said:
This team needed a big dose of humble pie.

Bunch of big-talking dudes who thought they were gonna get crowned and instead they got clowned.

They'll be all right as long as they learn their damn lesson.

First point - The only thing this team deserves is their opponents best shots, I think they received SD's best effort today and failed to respond. Not sure what any Seahawk has done to deserve "Humble Pie", do you have an example?

Second point - Again, who? example? When have you ever heard anyone on this team say or act like they were simply going to be handed another Lombardi this year. I think everyone on this team knows they will have to earn everything, Pete has assured it.

Third point - Obviously in your mind this team has done something to deserve to be taught a lesson. I am interested to hear what that was?

Or, perhaps you meant to use these: :sarcasm_on: :sarcasm_off:

MizzouHawkGal

Reaction score
Erebus":1f632k6q said:
I think it's more about the Chargers. They played great.
This. They played exactly like they did against Denver last year uninfortunately they'll screw it up when it means something as usual. Say like when they play Denver at Denver or even Buffalo next week.

ivotuk

Reaction score
ringless":8wqbuula said:
I dont know where posters are getting all this 120 degree heat, it was 94 for most of the game... And weather is an excuse, we had to come beat you guys in the rain last year, and we are a horrible team in those conditions. SD came to play today, they executed, they kept your defense on the field. The defense gave up way to many big plays on third down, and honestly it looks like they let their own frustrations beat them. They are a very excitable bunch, and you could see it was different ball game from their body language playing a tough game from behind like that because they just arent use to it anymore.

That's just silly. You can't compare heat and humidity with 120 degree heat on the field to rain. Every team has to play in rain, some just have to do it on the road. Does rain cause cramps and require IVs? Can rain kill people with heat stroke? No, they are not the same, and heat does effect how a team plays.

But 120 degree field heat? In DARK UNIFORMS? The temperature on the field is not the same as the temperature outside of the stadium.

MizzouHawkGal

Reaction score
ivotuk":3j00avig said:
ringless":3j00avig said:

That's just silly. You can't compare heat and humidity with 120 degree heat on the field to rain. Every team has to play in rain, some just have to do it on the road. Does rain cause cramps and require IVs? Can rain kill people with heat stroke? No, they are not the same, and heat does effect how a team plays.

But 120 degree field heat? In DARK UNIFORMS? The temperature on the field is not the same as the temperature outside of the stadium.
What a load of excuses we got outplayed pure and simple. It was a bad effort on special teams and on defense, especially defense. It happens and they'll will learn from it. Letting a team keep the ball for 40 minutes? Ridiculous.

Hawks46

Reaction score
I agree with the OP completely.

The Hawks didn't seem to take the Chargers seriously. They weren't focused and had stupid mental mistakes.

We could've gotten outplayed, and if we erased the few stupid penalties we had, we win this one by 1 point.

OP
OP
Reaneypark

Reaneypark

Reaction score
dbsn2420":13mikblw said:
Reaneypark":13mikblw said:
This team needed a big dose of humble pie.

Bunch of big-talking dudes who thought they were gonna get crowned and instead they got clowned.

They'll be all right as long as they learn their damn lesson.

First point - The only thing this team deserves is their opponents best shots, I think they received SD's best effort today and failed to respond. Not sure what any Seahawk has done to deserve "Humble Pie", do you have an example?

Second point - Again, who? example? When have you ever heard anyone on this team say or act like they were simply going to be handed another Lombardi this year. I think everyone on this team knows they will have to earn everything, Pete has assured it.

Third point - Obviously in your mind this team has done something to deserve to be taught a lesson. I am interested to hear what that was?

Or, perhaps you meant to use these: :sarcasm_on: :sarcasm_off:

A hint of sarcasm, but yeah, they need to bring it better than they did against San Diego.

papagallo

Reaction score
SalishHawkFan":2uiukb9w said:
Steve2222":2uiukb9w said:
I'm still puzzled why everyone though this would be a cake walk.
Mainly because San Diego had the worst defense in the NFL. Their defense is still crap. But now we see just how bad our two tackles really are. Wilson finished with a 123 rating because that's what Wilson does, but that oline couldn't protect him.

But what killed us was the fumble of the kickoff in the first half. Our defense couldn't get off the field and then they went right back on the field. And San Diego drives went like this: 1st and 10. 1st and 15, 1st and 25. 2nd and 20. 3rd and 12. First down.

Rinse, repeat.

With drives like that, in 120 degree heat, the fumbled kickoff was fatal.

SD's defensive stats (from last year) are a bit misleading. Yes, overall for the year, they were at the bottom of the list. Absolutely horrible COLLECTIVELY for the entire year. However, over SD's last 6 games last year they were in the top 5 in defense. They definitely improved. They aren't quite the horseshit that the stats suggest. They held the Cards to 18 at home last week, and those guys have some serious firepower. The addition of Verrett and Attachou (as well as improved play from Te'o and Ingram coming into his own) has made this a pretty decent defensive team. We just need a NT and another corner.

San Diego can beat anyone when they are firing on all cylinders. I don't care who they are playing. Now, with that being said, I expect them to come out flat and get manhandled by the Bills next week. It's what the Chargers do. They win games that most people think they have no business winning. And they lose games that they have no business losing.

Seahwkgal

Reaction score
hawkstrap":155ubgkl said:
ringless":155ubgkl said:

Fart

Pew...I smell a dead non-predatory Red Bird. Get rid of it.

Seanhawk

Reaction score
ringless":y39t7lhn said:

If you had watched the game you would have seen them show the on field temperature between 115 and 120 degrees at least three times during the broadcast.

MizzouHawkGal

Reaction score
papagallo":1tc41gx7 said:
SalishHawkFan":1tc41gx7 said:
Steve2222":1tc41gx7 said:
I'm still puzzled why everyone though this would be a cake walk.
Mainly because San Diego had the worst defense in the NFL. Their defense is still crap. But now we see just how bad our two tackles really are. Wilson finished with a 123 rating because that's what Wilson does, but that oline couldn't protect him.

But what killed us was the fumble of the kickoff in the first half. Our defense couldn't get off the field and then they went right back on the field. And San Diego drives went like this: 1st and 10. 1st and 15, 1st and 25. 2nd and 20. 3rd and 12. First down.

Rinse, repeat.

With drives like that, in 120 degree heat, the fumbled kickoff was fatal.

SD's defensive stats (from last year) are a bit misleading. Yes, overall for the year, they were at the bottom of the list. Absolutely horrible COLLECTIVELY for the entire year. However, over SD's last 6 games last year they were in the top 5 in defense. They definitely improved. They aren't quite the horseshit that the stats suggest. They held the Cards to 18 at home last week, and those guys have some serious firepower. The addition of Verrett and Attachou (as well as improved play from Te'o and Ingram coming into his own) has made this a pretty decent defensive team. We just need a NT and another corner.

San Diego can beat anyone when they are firing on all cylinders. I don't care who they are playing. Now, with that being said, I expect them to come out flat and get manhandled by the Bills next week. It's what the Chargers do. They win games that most people think they have no business winning. And they lose games that they have no business losing.
You speak the truth I said much the same thing in one of these threads. Basically San Diego is a bad matchup for Denver but they lose against crap teams like clockwork so it doesn't matter to Denver. It's like Kansas City will bend over for any team not in the AFC West. It's how it works.