ESPN Radio Show Bullet Points going into this weekend

byau

Reaction score
Catching up on some of my ESPN radio show listening as we get into the weekend, much of this is rehashed, still thought you'd might find some of these good listening/reading if you are looking for something to listen to

ESPN Football Today (on ESPN app or link below)
http://espn.go.com/espnradio/podcast/archive?id=2544457

Listened
9/16: Power Rankings
9/19: Week 3 Preview

* Matt Williamson: Still has Seahawks #1. Because if he had to take them off #1, he'd have to put someone else there and he couldn't think of anyone else to put there, even with the Seahawks loss

* Robert Flores: Agrees, but thinks it's closer. Has Seahawks 1a and Broncos 1b and looking forward to the game this weekend.

ESPN First Take (on ESPN app or link below)
http://sports.espn.go.com/espnradio/pod ... id=6247496

Listened to:
9/15: Review Chargers vs Seahawks
9/19: Preview Week 3

Bullet points (don't remember which point was made on which show, it kind of melds together) . I found it interesting because these points were one of the rare times both Skip and Stephen A agreed

* Kerry and Stephen give kudos to Skip for his pre-season picks because he predicted the Seahawks would go 15-1, with the one lone loss to San Diego

* Skip: also predicts San Diego wins the division ahead of Denver, and San Diego shows a lot more than Denver does right now

* Skip: thinks the loss does nothing to Seattle's ranking, and in fact will make them more dangerous the rest of the way, especially in week 3 vs Broncos.

* Stephen: thinks extenuating circumstances with weather and hot field contributed, and these circumstances not likely to happen again

* Stephen/Skip: both think Richard Sherman was not exposed at all, and that Keenan Allen was getting ahead of himself saying this

* Stephen: says Richard should not have dodged the media after the game

* Stephen/Skip both do not think Denver's additions boost their value a lot. The defensive additions are overrated by many. While they may improve them a little, it's not as much as others say

* Stephen/Skip: both think Payton Manning is a man possessed and he will see this regular season game as the most important of his career

* Stephen/Skip: both think the Broncos will go as the offense goes. If the offense is good, the defense picks up, if the offense fails, the defense fails

* Stephen/Skip: both think 5 point spread is a bit of a joke. Stephen picks Seahawks 27-20. Skip picks Seahawks: 35-20

A lot of rehashed stuff here, still interesting to me to hear.

GO HAWKS

OP
OP
byau

byau

Reaction score
I know what you mean ... just like on the other thread about 26 of 28 analysts pick the Hawks to win this weekend

viewtopic.php?f=2&t=96905

And the .Net folks have mixed feelings about this because perhaps being the underdog is what drives this team .

I am on the side that thinks overconfidence was a contribution to our shellacking by San Diego because of inadequate preparation: game prep, weather prep, and situational awareness.

MizzouHawkGal

Reaction score
Overconfidence had nothing to do with it but a bad gameplan and lack of preparation against the weather which was made worse by our defensive gameplan definitely was a big factor. Also being the underdog doesn't motivate the team it's lack of respect wherever, whoever or whatever it comes from.

Smellyman

Reaction score
nobody should ever reference Smith/Bayless.

embarrassing.

OP
OP
byau

byau

Reaction score
Smellyman":1c2rfxqw said:
nobody should ever reference Smith/Bayless.

embarrassing.

What's your reason for saying no one should ever reference them? Just curious. While I know some people do not like Skip and Stephen A, I do.

Sure I disagree with some of their points. I also agree with some of their points.

I also find their arguments interesting whether I agree with them or not. Anyone that at least provokes thought and discussion (even if it's in my own head) is a good thing. Not to mention another thing I like is that even though they have clear "homer" feelings, they still will pick with their heads as well and back up their picks.