Percy: 6 touches, -1 yard

brimsalabim

Reaction score
FlyingGreg":ji9sx06l said:
I think we need to change how we are using him. Defenses are all over it.
yep. Time to send him down the field.

TwistedHusky

Reaction score
Clearly worth the 73.4 Million he costs us, or the 2-3 other WRs we could have had without him.

But don't worry because this team is FLUSH with WRs.

The problem is the word FLUSH.

Blitzer88

Reaction score
Heck after the first game I knew how we were gonna use Percy, not really surprised teams have figured it out as they are a bit smarter then I am. I mean bubble screen and terrible handoff crap are the only plays we use him on.

Crizilla

Reaction score
we were trying to go deep a lot today. Were you guys watching the game? Russ has NO TIME to make those throws happen. He's not scrambling around because he wants to, he has to.

Sgt. Largent

Reaction score
To maximize Harvin's effectiveness you need one or two other WR's that keep the defense honest.

So this IMO is Pete and Bevell's fault for not integrating P-Rich into the offense more. All defenses are doing is packing the box with 9-10 players because we literally have NO ONE that can stretch the D, nor do we have a O-Coordinator that seems to want to risk longer than 3 yard passes.

It's not hard for defenses to stop Harvin when they literally do not care about the other personnel on the field. It worked for the first couple of games, but now they're not falling for the gimmicky misdirection, they're just blasting Harvin and getting him frustrated, which is obviously working.

King Dog

Reaction score
I love when we terrorize the defense with our 4 udfa WR set of Kearse, Baldwin, Walters and Lockette. No wonder Wilson drops back, sees no one open and scrambles around. Yes, I know our offensive line is bad too.

Apparently we whiffed on our 2 wr picks again this year as they aren't even good enough to be active for the game.

We could easily put Baldwin back to return punts and have Norwood or Richardson active if they were any good.

Seahaaaawks

Reaction score
Sgt. Largent":mw6pwuhn said:
To maximize Harvin's effectiveness you need one or two other WR's that keep the defense honest.

So this IMO is Pete and Bevell's fault for not integrating P-Rich into the offense more. All defenses are doing is packing the box with 9-10 players because we literally have NO ONE that can stretch the D, nor do we have a O-Coordinator that seems to want to risk longer than 3 yard passes.

It's not hard for defenses to stop Harvin when they literally do not care about the other personnel on the field. It worked for the first couple of games, but now they're not falling for the gimmicky misdirection, they're just blasting Harvin and getting him frustrated, which is obviously working.
:13: THIS!!!

The only person on this team faster than Harvin is Richardson. I get that he is a rookie, but he was our first pick and you gotta use him. Line him and Harvin up on each side of the field and Lynch in the back, and let's go! I mean run some go routes, slants... We have one of the most dynamic offenses in football, let's start running plays that work. Look at the Eagles tonight. Do they have a better offense than us? I don't think so. But they use what they have well. They throw the ball down field... Their speed and good play calling destroyed NY tonight. No reason we can't do the same

cesame

Reaction score
The way Bevell is using him so far is criminal

We're talking about a guy who Adrian Peterson called the best player he's ever played with. As we all know Percy Harvin is a phenomenal player.

Time to figure it out, Bevell.

Natethegreat

Reaction score
I remember everyone here screaming about Harvins very presence opening up the passing game. Ummm yeah not so much. Overpaid gimmick, and yes I do understand he will make some outstanding plays this season that will bring out a thousand I told you so's and I really don't care. Our offense is better without him especially considering what we paid for him.

Seahaaaawks

Reaction score
Well when our offensive coordinator is using the FASTEST guy on the team as a running back... Yah it's gonna hurt our offense. Harvin with a go route would out run any DB, but we refuse to throw the ball 10+ yards

Grahamhawker

Reaction score
posted this in another thread, fwiw here:

To be fair, IIRC, in his very limited games last year Harvin seemed to have more down-field targets than in the 5 games this season. And he caught the ball (couple great catches!) and had some YAC.

Harvin is obviously one of the more dangerous players in space, and I see plays designed to be low risk ways to get the ball in his hands, which should be a good thing. Bad thing is defenses are easily keying on those plays. Jet sweeps in particular, and bubbles also are easy to diagnose. They also have to be blocked properly to be effective, and that ain't happening.
He can't be effective when the D smells bubble screen presnap, and an LB, safety and CB come up unmolested. Our lack of other receiving threats are clearly adding to this. Heck, the Eagles ran a couple bubbles for 1st downs against the Giants tonight in the 5 minutes I could stand to watch. The receivers sold it way better than the Hawks have been, and the lead receivers actually got blocks in. Bevell needs to watch some Ducks film, maybe...

They've got to be more creative, and Harvin can be very effective. But if you only use him on jets sweeps, handoffs, and bubbles, I would expect more of the same results.

Seahaaaawks

Reaction score
Agreed. When you have Wilson in a shotgun formation and no one in the backfield.... Everyone in America knows what they are gonna do. Sooooooo Harvin becomes ineffective

WilsonMVP

Reaction score
cesame":1r1qoqiv said:
The way Bevell is using him so far is criminal

We're talking about a guy who Adrian Peterson called the best player he's ever played with. As we all know Percy Harvin is a phenomenal player.

Time to figure it out, Bevell.

AND Bevell has had him before which is even more sad....

minormillikin

Reaction score
Does Percy have tiny little feet? He almost looks like a pirate with two fast little peg legs.

Why is he always slipping and nearly falling over? Is it the little feet? How does his torso move ahead faster than his legs?

Anyway... I predict he'll have a good game against the Rams, but these questions will still remain.

TwilightError

Reaction score
I dont want to see a fly sweep to Percy ever again. Well, maybe once after week 14 if it has not been done in between.