3rd and 20

Blitzer88

Reaction score
How could a so called "top defense" let a 3rd and 20 be converted? I knew we were destined to lose once that play happened. I mean we actually got pressure on Romo and lay an egg in the secondary.

hawkfannj

Reaction score
I felt that old familiar feeling when that happened . The 3rd and long getting converted routinely is concerning.

SEAHAWKSTER

Reaction score
Thats all i keep repeating to myself "gosh darn 3rd and 20 " so much for # 1 defense this year we will be lucky to make the playoffs .... Gonna come down to our game divison games now start with the rams this week then tards and whiners after that
Lets go hawks!!!! Lets break the superbowl slump shit!!!!!

Hasselbeck

Reaction score
Blitzer88":1ww5kjot said:
How could a so called "top defense" let a 3rd and 20 be converted? I knew we were destined to lose once that play happened. I mean we actually got pressure on Romo and lay an egg in the secondary.

Burley and Terrell were in coverage.. not that it excuses it, because it doesn't, but the secondary injuries are REALLY piling up.

We need Simon and Lane back in the worst way. Especially since Maxwell is likely down for a few games

drdiags

Reaction score
Romo did the same thing against JJ Watt. Bruce couldn't get him to the ground and just like when Wilson breaks contain, the secondary can only hold up so long. Took a great catch by Williams to convert. Dallas made plays, the Seahawks didn't.

If not for special teams play, score would have been much worse. Dallas punched the team in the mouth. Sucks but they get paid to play as well. The mystique is done. Time to get back to putting the effort out on the field.

seabowl

Reaction score
Hasselbeck":2xxte5pk said:
Blitzer88":2xxte5pk said:

Burley and Terrell were in coverage.. not that it excuses it, because it doesn't, but the secondary injuries are REALLY piling up.

We need Simon and Lane back in the worst way. Especially since Maxwell is likely down for a few games

Simon back? Now that's funny.

Tech Worlds

Reaction score
seabowl":1l501548 said:
Hasselbeck":1l501548 said:
Blitzer88":1l501548 said:

Simon back? Now that's funny.
Why? I thought he played well in the preseason.

OP
OP
Blitzer88

Blitzer88

Reaction score
Well Simon did just tweet this after the game:

[tweet]https://twitter.com/lasnoop24/status/521458712469200896[/tweet]

legend38

Reaction score
Hasselbeck":2fmpodx7 said:
Blitzer88":2fmpodx7 said:

This!!!! It is not going to get any better until Lane, Simon, and Maxwell get healthy.

hawksfansinceday1

Reaction score
Blitzer88":2i9dmob9 said:
........I knew we were destined to lose once that play happened.........
Me too., because....
Tech Worlds":2i9dmob9 said:
This play broke our back.

This post by the good Doc sums today up rather succinctly.......
drdiags":2i9dmob9 said:
.....If not for special teams play, score would have been much worse. Dallas punched the team in the mouth. Sucks but they get paid to play as well. The mystique is done. Time to get back to putting the effort out on the field.
Gotta get that chip back or our team will be in danger of not making the playoffs, let alone defending their championship.....IMO.

kearly

Reaction score
Can't really put that play on the secondary. Romo put it where only his receiver could get it and the receiver made a *phenomenal* catch. Really just have to tip your cap to the Cowboys on that play. It was a hell of a play by them and well defensed by Seattle.

Year of The Hawk

Reaction score
It is the same kind of play we usually do to other teams. Russell scrambles around the backfield until the secondary breaks down. Makes a ridiculous throw and bam. It will aways happen.

evergreen

Reaction score
We had two chances on offense to do something and we weren't even close. Same thing in Sandiego. I'd be nice to come back and score on one of those four possessions. I don't know if its drops or bad throws. We had it inside the redzone and couldn't put it away. I also hate it when we take Lynch out of our game. It feels like the Defense loses these but I think our offense is to blame. Only tds come from turn overs? Where is our offense?

northseahawk

Reaction score
THE WORST PART IS I KNEW THEY WERE GOING TO GIVE THAT FIRST DOWN. HECK, EVEN IF ITS A 3 N 30, I DONT EXPECT THESE GUYS TO MAKE A STOP.

Pandion Haliaetus

Reaction score
As much as this was a pivotal moment in the game, I thought the Seahawks Offensive drive prior to the Cowboys drive that took the lead was much more important.

Specifically, the Luke Wilson catch where the defender grabbed his facemask and did nothing to to look for or defend the ball but put a hand in Wilsons facemask and then pulled his head down while he was trying to make the catch.

Missing_Clink

Reaction score
Agreed. Play of the game. A play that showed more clearly than anything else that this D is no longer the same. No longer elite. It was devastating and the worst part was that they played with no heart after that.

nanomoz

Reaction score
kearly":ivkx26b6 said:
Can't really put that play on the secondary. Romo put it where only his receiver could get it and the receiver made a *phenomenal* catch. Really just have to tip your cap to the Cowboys on that play. It was a hell of a play by them and well defensed by Seattle.

I don't think there's another Seahawk fan (i'm not related to) that I respect more than you, but you're rationalizing.

This play wasn't an aberration. SEE: conversion of 3rd and 14 earlier in the game. This team can't (yet) close the deal with big plays in the secondary (how many dropped picks in the last 3 games, 8?) or get to the quarterback often enough (fast enough) to feel confident in any third down situation.

A "well-defensed" play doesn't give Romo 4.5 seconds to throw the ball at home. Full stop.