What role did PH want?

Abach

Reaction score
Some of the speculation involved P'S unhappiness with his role on the team... I'm curious - what was he looking for? He was given plenty of touches, and many opportunities to make plays. If this is true, then what role does .net think he wanted?

hawknation2014

Reaction score
Maybe he preferred his role last season, sitting out the games until the Super Bowl, while the Seahawks cut him a check for $14.5 million.

SalishHawkFan

Reaction score
hawknation2014":3s171b7r said:
Maybe he preferred his role last season, sitting out the games until the Super Bowl, while the Seahawks cut him a check for $14.5 million.
That's pretty much how I called it last year. The signs were there that Percy could have played a lot more, but was milking his injury.

hawknation2014

Reaction score
Honestly, I don't think he knew what role he wanted but was probably very frustrated by his numbers so far. -1 total yards from scrimmage against Dallas and pedestrian numbers as a kick returner. When that happens, prima donnas look for others to blame-- maybe Wilson for giving the ball to him so much around the line of scrimmage or maybe Bevell, who made him the focal point of the offense and drew up all those plays for him around the line of scrimmage.

HawkWow

Reaction score
In a nutshell, Harvin is psychotic and a loser. The excuse for him at Minnesota was "Percy is just competitive, he only wants to win".

Bull****. Minnesota WAS winning and a play away from the SB. They had also positioned him for MVP honors.

At Florida Harvin also had problems...and that was on a National champion.

In Seattle Harvin's problems continued despite a world championship.

3 VERY good teams, 2 of them champs, but Harvin still has issues, yet "Harvin only wants to win"?

Good riddance Percy Harvin. You've embarrassed the man, and team, that gave you yet another chance and made you filthy rich. Good luck with the NY media. Those people know how to investigate and write without fear of losing their all access status, unlike the yes-men that cover our Hawks. I am stunned so few knew of Percy's issues prior to his arrival here. That speaks volumes about our media and their fear of critiquing this team and / or org. That's not journalism, that's butt kissing.

hoxrox

Reaction score
It was mentioned that he didn't like playing the role of a decoy.

His ego's too big for that.

A

Anonymous

SalishHawkFan":vc5ubp2f said:
hawknation2014":vc5ubp2f said:
That's pretty much how I called it last year. The signs were there that Percy could have played a lot more, but was milking his injury.

Yeah seems plausible seeing as how he was pretty close to being put on IR towards the end of the season (well was the rumor here at the time) then all of a sudden he was fully healed and ready to play for the playoffs? That one had me scratching my head for sure.

Hawknballs

Reaction score
I honestly think that Harvin is just someone who loves drama at any cost, to himself or a team.

Some people are just attention whores and once they get started they can't help themselves.

Good luck in new york, Percy.

HawkWow

Reaction score
hawknation2014":1ifa1bh3 said:
Honestly, I don't think he knew what role he wanted but was probably very frustrated by his numbers so far. -1 total yards from scrimmage against Dallas and pedestrian numbers as a kick returner. When that happens, prima donnas look for others to blame-- maybe Wilson for giving the ball to him so much around the line of scrimmage or maybe Bevell, who made him the focal point of the offense and drew up all those plays for him around the line of scrimmage.

Percy is not a good route runner. Never has been. He is also incredibly dumb (fact). Harvin has always got the ball at the LOS, so if that's his complaint, he needs to look in the mirror, make necessary adjustments, or find another sport.

The LOS made him a multi-multi millionaire. If he was upset by anything after the Dallas game (in particular), it was likely because he felt the team wasn't selling out for him and he wasn't getting adequate blocking from ADB and co. Hard to argue that, but again, a look in the mirror would be recommended, imo.

Percy's refusal to take the field in the closing minutes vs Dallas, forced Pete / JS to move him even though they obviously wanted him to shine before doing so. Consider Pete's presser after Washington. The first words out of his mouth were (paraphrased) "I think Percy had a really strong game. Those TDs were beautiful and it's just too bad for Percy they were called back". You could tell by Pete's body language the disappointment in that outweighed the joy of winning. He (and Bevell) were doing everything imaginable to showcase Harvin so he could be shipped off for something resembling adequate compensation. All things considered, I guess adequate compensation is exactly what they got.

TwistedHusky

Reaction score
I don't think this has anything to do with Harvin's production on the field.

And I think that if Harvin was scoring 2 TDs per game, we would still have been tempted to trade him (unless we were winning because of it).

It sounds like Harvin was creating a faction. You get reports of the the pro-Wilson guys, and the guys that were sick of it. And the guys that already won the SB and were dialing it down a bit this year. Harvin is clearly a path of least resistance player. I mentioned that several times when they got him. And it sounds like he was starting to get followers, who might have been sick of the bullsh*t.

Wilson is a driven guy. The extent of which might be an act but it might be borderline OCD. Either way, it sounds like his work habits are stellar and he is a perfectionist. Perfectionists are great when you reap the reward from their work, but they are a pain in the tail to work with. I can see how people might start griping about Wilson being demanding, not accepting "good enough", etc. I can also see people using his lack of production this year against him, pointing out he has no standing to hold people as accountable when he is not producing himself.

Either way, based on what is being reported, it sounds like Harvin was stoking resentment of Wilson in an attempt to get more control of the locker room. OR all the reports are part of a whisper campaign to influence perception of Harvin because they don't want to upset the fans with the trade. Maybe a bit of both.

But what floors me is that a guy that had problems everywhere he went, was seen as a surprise when he started causing problems here.

HawkWow

Reaction score
bmorepunk":20v577sq said:
HawkWow":20v577sq said:
In a nutshell, Harvin is psychotic and a loser.

Escalated

LOL. Not that quickly, though. Anyone that's ever played team sports (meaning Harvin) understands rule #1 is you never lay your hands on a coach. Not for any reason.

Harvin had been with 3 teams and assaulted 3 coaches; 2 on the field of play ( in front of media and cameras / national TV) and 1 in the weight room in front of teammates. That says he is not in control. Who knows...Pete may have even got some of that himself, making it 4 coaches on 3 teams = psychotic +, imo.

IF Goodell really wants to protect the brand, he'd start by protecting teams from themselves, teams like us and the Jets that can't resist the urge to give Harvin yet another try. Multiple offenders like Percy Harvin should be banned from the league, imo.

lsheldon

Reaction score
This is an interesting article: http://www.msn.com/en-us/sports/nfl/per ... ar-BB9R6mX

Shortly after reports of the trade were filed, rumors of altercations involving Harvin followed. Lance Zierlein of Sports Talk 790 reported there was a history of confrontations with Harvin, including him punching former Seahawk wideout Golden Tate in the week leading up to the Super Bowl. Adam Schefter of ESPN confirmed that report, while Mike Florio of Pro Football Talk took it a step further in detailing what occurred between Tate and Harvin.

According to Florio, Harvin reportedly "body slammed" Tate at the team hotel, and that the other players "initially feared Harvin broke Tate's neck." The report also goes on to say that Harvin might have been in danger of "being on the wrong end of a Code Red from teammates who had enough of his angry, moody, erratic ways."

It doesn't end there. Harvin and Seattle teammate Doug Baldwin had an altercation during the preseason that resulted in Baldwin getting a cut on his chin and both players excused from practice, according to Bob Condotta and Jayson Jenks of the Seattle Times. The "final straw" reportedly came in Sunday's loss to the Dallas Cowboys, when Harvin "apparently balked at going back into the game in the fourth quarter," and did not play 11 of the final 17 snaps.

Our Man in Chicago

Reaction score
Part-Time Wide Receiver.

Can you imagine the NY media tearing into him after the losses continue to pile up and the attitude continues? The Post is going to have to put a new punner on their payroll.

ivotuk

Reaction score
He wanted to be QB, OC & HC, and paid the wages of all three. Rex Ryan said "Sounds good to me." And so the trade was made. :snack:

Anthony!

Reaction score
TwistedHusky":1txv7otg said:
I don't think this has anything to do with Harvin's production on the field.

And I think that if Harvin was scoring 2 TDs per game, we would still have been tempted to trade him (unless we were winning because of it).

It sounds like Harvin was creating a faction. You get reports of the the pro-Wilson guys, and the guys that were sick of it. And the guys that already won the SB and were dialing it down a bit this year. Harvin is clearly a path of least resistance player. I mentioned that several times when they got him. And it sounds like he was starting to get followers, who might have been sick of the bullsh*t.

Wilson is a driven guy. The extent of which might be an act but it might be borderline OCD. Either way, it sounds like his work habits are stellar and he is a perfectionist. Perfectionists are great when you reap the reward from their work, but they are a pain in the tail to work with. I can see how people might start griping about Wilson being demanding, not accepting "good enough", etc. I can also see people using his lack of production this year against him, pointing out he has no standing to hold people as accountable when he is not producing himself.

Either way, based on what is being reported, it sounds like Harvin was stoking resentment of Wilson in an attempt to get more control of the locker room. OR all the reports are part of a whisper campaign to influence perception of Harvin because they don't want to upset the fans with the trade. Maybe a bit of both.

But what floors me is that a guy that had problems everywhere he went, was seen as a surprise when he started causing problems here.

were to start first Rw up until this last game was top 3 in QB rating, top 10 in tds, top 10 td/int, top 5 in complt%,and top in YPA so how exactly is that not performing and lack of production. Even now he is top o10 in many categories and that despite playing 1 fewer game then most of the others QBs. All the rest I have no clue what you are saying it sounds like you are making excuses for Harvin or blaming Wilson.

LickMyNuts

Reaction score
He is a piece of $hit and he wanted to be treated like one. JS finally figured this out and treated him like such.

The team got a sb win and he got a ticket to the dump. Good luck Mercy Harvin.

Tokadub

Reaction score
HawkWow":3u63gwi2 said:
In a nutshell, Harvin is psychotic and a loser.

I am stunned so few knew of Percy's issues prior to his arrival here. That speaks volumes about our media and their fear of critiquing this team and / or org. That's not journalism, that's butt kissing.

Yeah I'm pretty pissed that our media didn't even mention Harvin's violent history even one time that I've heard. What kind of journalism/reporting is that? If I knew Harvin was violent towards coaches/team mates in the past I would of been ranting this whole time about how we never should of acquired him. You can't fix that kind of personality, he is in fact psychotic in my opinion if he is starting fights with his own team OFF THE FIELD and while sober...

ESPN Seattle does an OK job... enough for me to listen but I find myself disagreeing with their pansy "butt kissing" analysis a lot.

They a lot of times will cut off callers who bring the truth, and mock them like they are loonies. They make any kind of realistic factual criticism seem absurd and avoid and make fun of those ideas at all costs.

That Mike Salk guy especially really needs a slap to the face, he is so annoying, arrogant, and salty on the air. He is the definition of a terrible Seahawks media guy, thinks he knows everything even when he sounds like a total idiot and won't let anyone else speak their opinion.

It's no coincedence he has an epic buttchin linked to his mouth with all the poop he says:

Mike salk sq