Loyal Lynch will stay and play all season

tom sawyer

Reaction score
I'm sick of reading hyberbole comments regarding media specs about Lynch.

I stand firm on my belief. Lynch is in to the end of 2014 season.

Done

SoulfishHawk

Reaction score
No matter how hard I try, I can't even get 1 percent worried about Lynch this season. All he does is bring it every time he steps on the field. He isn't going to be traded, and I look forward to the deadline going by tomorrow. Then we can hear some new story that isn't true.

OP
OP
tom sawyer

tom sawyer

Reaction score
If you give him no blocks he will usually pick up a couple, if you give him a hole he is gone, then you need 2 to 3 guys to stop him!!

Chawks1

Reaction score
tom sawyer":3bnhvpa3 said:

Done

Yes! Ignore the noise. None of it is coming from anyone that covers the locker room.....it is just the national media creating headlines to keep their relevance. Lynch isn't going anywhere!!!

pugs1

Reaction score
I had resigned myself in the offseason that this was most likely going to be Marshawn's last year in Seattle. Now with all this media noise I would really love to see the Beast finish his career in Seattle.

Msfann

Reaction score
I agree with you all, I feel like the media is picking on Seattle right now. I don't really believe most of this crap that they are saying. if its true and they trade him then so be it but I hope he is happy here and stays.

HawkWow

Reaction score
Chawks1":1rdgnpmm said:
tom sawyer":1rdgnpmm said:

Done

Yes! Ignore the noise. None of it is coming from anyone that covers the locker room.....it is just the national media creating headlines to keep their relevance. Lynch isn't going anywhere!!!

Awesome post. Now click your heels together 3 times while saying "there's no place like home, there's no place like home".

The media doesn't play near the games you people seem to think they do. Do you think guys like Mort and Rappaport are not held to a higher standard than some tabloid scribes writing about the sighting of the baby Jesus in a grilled cheese sandwich? Inventing, then reporting fictitious bullshit will certainly not "keep them relevant".

AVL

Reaction score
Watching Lynch break tackles for your team has addictive qualities producing unrealistic side effects.

Wizofwest

Reaction score
Winning cures all. When we are 6-3 every side show story will fade away. By then they'll be picking on the Cowboys or Cardinals.

had2bhawk

Reaction score
tom sawyer":ek5eiaq4 said:

Done
You can bet yur a$$ he will!

djb28

Reaction score
If the Refs can't get the job done helping the team lose on a Sunday The Media must throw their wrench in on Monday to get i their heads so they can not perform. I have watched a little news but for the most part this season. I turn on the Hawks game when they are on and I am done for the rest of the day with a couple exceptions. I have never seen so much negative press from a Super Bowl winning team in all my years. Even the losing Bills got better reviews!

ivotuk

Reaction score
HawkWow":2p8asyc3 said:
Chawks1":2p8asyc3 said:
tom sawyer":2p8asyc3 said:

Done

Awesome post. Now click your heels together 3 times while saying "there's no place like home, there's no place like home".

The media doesn't play near the games you people seem to think they do. Do you think guys like Mort and Rappaport are not held to a higher standard than some tabloid scribes writing about the sighting of the baby Jesus in a grilled cheese sandwich? Inventing, then reporting fictitious bullshit will certainly not "keep them relevant".

You are way off base. Those guys smell blood in the water and are jumping on the "click my site" bandwagon. They would be fools to do otherwise. Even if they are just repeating what Freeman said, they are going to get involved, that's how they make bank.

It's not a game, no one here thinks it's a game, it's a business that runs off of speculation and hyperbole. If Marshawn Lynch were to fart, there would be tweets that he's "Questionable for Sunday." It's part of being the SuperB Owl champions.

Lynch knew last spring that he was unlikely to see the last year of his contract. Every player knows that. I'm sure he knew that when he signed his contract, hence the guaranteed money. Last Spring John Schneider gave him a bump in pay and took some of the 2015 money and paid it out this year.

I agree with the OP, Lynch lives to play football and he will play somewhere in 2015, so this is basically a contract year. The reason he held out during training camp is because he wanted a contract extension. Marshawn wants to play out his career here, but he realizes that no one, (except for Russell Wilson) is safe.

It's obvious he was upset when Percy got traded, why shouldn't he? Harvin was his friend and he helped Marshawn's game. But he's probably over that by now and a win really helps.

But all this aside, don't be surprised if he is still a Seahawk come 2015. He might even get that contract extension. I believe Lynch is one of those people who physically defies that odds and much like Frank Gore, will be productive at 30 and 31.

MizzouHawkGal

Reaction score
Wizofwest":1bc5a8bt said:
Winning cures all. When we are 6-3 every side show story will fade away. By then they'll be picking on the Cowboys or Cardinals.
Or whoever else may be losing like the Jets or Pittsburgh is always good for a million unimportant rumors/stories or drama. It's what happens when your team is relevant in some way be it through years long ineptitude while being in the biggest media market in the nation or being an old guard franchise with serious Superbowl/playoff history or the current Superbowl champion.

The NFL is as much entertainment and business as it is a sport. Because of that it needs stories/storylines and narratives to keep people interested and talking about it.

Sgt. Largent

Reaction score
Not sure bout the "Loyal" part of your statement, but Pete sure made it clear at yesterday's presser that Lynch wasn't going anywhere.

My guess is if Lynch had the chance to be traded elsewhere with a fat new long term deal, he wouldn't think twice.

OP
OP
tom sawyer

tom sawyer

Reaction score
He works VERY hard EVERY CARRY, EVERY GAME! He is LOYAL!!

Sports Hernia

Reaction score
Rocket":1cmh5sht said:
Me, I love the dude.
Go 'Shawn !!!
Me too. I love the way the guy runs over people. Plus he flipped off Bevell during a game, so that's extra credit in my book! 8)

Cartire

Reaction score
HawkWow":292bb63h said:
Chawks1":292bb63h said:
tom sawyer":292bb63h said:

Done

But theyve been wrong several times before with not a single hit to their rep. So no, I dont think they would lose any relevance. This is an entertainment industry. No one is held accountable. Best people understand that fact.

StoneCold

Reaction score
HawkWow":21hcigm4 said:
Chawks1":21hcigm4 said:
tom sawyer":21hcigm4 said:

Done

Reporters have the same pressure from a boss to produce as anyone else. Do you really think they won't spin a small story into a bigger one? Anonymous quote: "That Lynch can make people nutty with his eccentric ways (shakes head and chuckles). This is likely his last season in Seattle." HEADLINE: MGT UNHAPPY, LYNCH ON TRADING BLOCK. Clicks and eyeballs is what makes the bosses day.

SC