Week 10 NFC west the edition without an addition

ringless

Reaction score
As we stand right now, all NFC west teams have played 8 games, with 8 remaining.

Team Overall Division Conference
AZ 7-1 1-0 5-0
SEA 5-3 0-1 3-2
SF 4-4 1-2 3-3
STL 3-5 2-1 3-4

STL @ AZ
NYG @ SEA
SF @ NO

The Rams are a really interesting team. It's so hard to put a finger on them. They are only a few plays away from being 5-3 instead of 3-5, however they could be worse. They make it so difficult to predict because they have been extremely competitive for the most part except for two games. Despite their two wins recently against divisional opponents I am not sure they beat Arizona this week... Although I feel Arizona has some serious weaknesses on offense. Are the Rams going to be able to generate a similar pass rush as last week? I'm not sure... They have had so many extremes to one side and the other that you just dont know.... Arizona however is playing at home, where they have been absolutely stellar, with great coaching and more consistency I am leaning towards an AZ win.... If the receivers can stop dropping the ball! I would have to go with something like 20-13 AZ.

The Giants go to Seattle, and Seattle isn't in a bad position at all at 5-3. The Giants won three games against bad teams. However in their 5 losses in which they played +.500 teams, they lost every single one by 10+ points.... Several blowouts this year, and are in the bottom half of PF and PA..... The Seahawks haven't really been that impressive in the last 5 games since playing the Redskins. However they have still won 3 of 5. But I just expected more against Oakland. I know for a fact the team is deep, well coached, and should be getting some players back from injury over the next few weeks so I expect a surge and much better performances moving forward from this team... A more dominant team that we expect. I think they win this one, and in a strong fashion. 27-13

San Fransisco travels to New Orleans. New Orleans has scored 59 more points than SF this year. I think on Defense the 49ers should be getting Willis and Brock back in action, and Willis has done well against Graham in the past. The Saints are 3-0 at home, SF has to travel and play against a good team. While I think SF puts together a much better performance than last week I still think they come up short. 27-24.

Scottemojo

Reaction score
Austin Davis is a bit of a jellyfish arm when he sees a blitz, which doesn't bode well for the Rams. But...Carson can be pretty bad with pressure. Should be interesting. Ultimately, the Rams secondary is going to make too many mistakes.

Nobody circles the wagons like the Buffalo 49ers. How do they respond to facing a losing record? The superdome is no place for getting your O-line in order. Unless you just run, run, run. I think Kaep runs lot in this one, and I think the Niners get right again.

this Giants team is bad. This Seattle team is depleted. Seattle will stop the run at home, and the Giants have not much else, save a rookie WR to throw at them. It may be another ugly game, but the Hawks should be winning again.

pehawk

Reaction score
The Saints 49ers game is pretty big and kind of a pick em. But, I agree that Harbaugh may go the modern day equivalent of Wing-T and let Kap run.

Rams vs Cards should be the Cards, pretty big. We're analyzing the wrong side of the ball...Arians vs Williams spaz blitzing is a lopsided mismatch. Cards should get enough big plays to remind the Rams, they're the Rams, and wilt.

Giants v Seahawks is going to be close, for awhile. But Hawks win.

Ramfan128

Reaction score
I would guess at a Rams loss, but Arizona just doesn't scare me.

Their wins: Chargers (a game in which AZ got outplayed, but they did get the win), Giants (bad team), Niners in AZ (solid win here), Raiders (very bad team), Redskins (bad team), Eagles (solid win here), Cowboys (Brandon Weeden - bad team).

So that's two solid wins, both relatively close. The Niners don't look so good, and they beat the Eagles with two huge pass plays - otherwise they got outplayed pretty consistently.

The AZ pass defense isn't strong, and their offensive line (personnel wise) is not as good as the Niners. Palmer cant move like Kap.

So if the Rams apply the kind of pressure to Palmer that we did to Kap.....yikes.

I realize Arizona is on top right now, and might even go on to win the NFCW....but I'm not a believer, and I think the Rams have a shot this week.

kearly

Reaction score
Cards Rams feels like a 60-40 proposition.

The Rams are seemingly a better team on the road than at home this year, unless they are playing Seattle. Even with Long out, they probably still have a top five pass rush in terms of talent, and they sacked Kaep 8 times last weekend. Arians likes to go deep and so does Palmer. I never wish injury on anybody especially an old soldier like Palmer, but if I was a Cards fan I would be genuinely nervous about Palmer's health in this game.

The Cards should win and might win in a blowout, but it could also end up a very interesting game. Even if Austin Davis struggles again, I could see the Rams hanging around for three quarters. Davis is a hot and cold QB. I'm not expecting him to play great here, but if he does I think the Cards could be in trouble.

The Saints look as good as ever when playing at home. The 49ers defense is in for a huge test as Mark Ingram has played like an elite RB this season, and parts of last season as well. The Saints run defense has been playing better lately, though it's not like they've been beating good running games. My expectation is that the Saints will have 450 yards of offense, and the 49ers might get to 350. Like the Dallas game in week one, I think the only hope for the 49ers here is to get some absurd turnover luck early and take the crowd out of the game.

Seattle can lose to anybody at any time this season. I won't count the Giants out. That said, I think on paper this should be Seattle's easiest win of the season. Eli folds under adversity, if Seattle can frustrate him even a little, he will check out. Reshad Jennings is the kind of RB who could give Seattle trouble, but he's probably out and his replacement Andre Williams is more of a Lacy/Morris type. Barring an unreal amount of poor tackling, the Giants won't get their run game going. It could be a really ugly game for Giants fans.

seahawk12thman

Reaction score
I am not going to rain on the cards parade but their cushy part of their schedule is over. Now they play us twice, the Lions, Chiefs and the Rams (twice). They play the Niner's at their place for their last game but I have no faith that team isn't going to implode.

Relax Niner fans, jmho. The Niner's defense has played their a** off but their offense stinks for whatever reason (kinda thought it would be the opposite). Their game against NO will decide their season (A must win). If they lose that game, I have a feeling that team may mentally check out.

hawksfansinceday1

Reaction score
Cards and Lambs are close for a while but AZ pulls away towards the end and wins by like 13.

Seahawks control game vs. Vagiants from early on because NY is beat up and tired from Mon. night game followed by 3000 mile cross country trip.

The 'Aints put the knife in the Whiners season and Hardouche's SF career by 6ish.

drdiags

Reaction score
I expect the Cardinals to win but I think the Rams play them tough. The Rams played the 9ers tough for 1.5 games and made the Seahawks scramble to try to win late and were able to hold them off. I don't expect them to be able to run or throw on the Cardinals, so unless Palmer plays the worse game he has in awhile I would pick the Cardinals.

49ers vs Saints looked like a tough game before the season, then looked like a cakewalk when the Saints stumbled early. Now the Saints are turning things around and the 9ers lost at home to a division rival. I expect the 9ers to get that running game going, as I don't think they want to air it out with the Saints. It is a toss-up but I am not writing off the 9ers. I see them pulling this out like they did against the Falcons last year to get them into the playoffs with the Bowman int return.

Seahawks vs NY Giants is a game the Seahawks have to get as they start off the 2nd half of the season. Passing on the Giants would be the way to expose them but that is not the strength of the Seahawks. The Seahawks need to run and also need Wilson to figure out how to get his mojo back. The NY Giants young WRs could be a nice matchup with the Seahawks young DBs unless they have Sherman follow Beckman all over the field. Just don't give up cheap TDs to the Giants and grind out the win. Do not blow this opportunity is all I can say.

Chawks1

Reaction score
Ramfan128":3gq58yb5 said:

Their wins: Chargers (a game in which AZ got outplayed, but they did get the win), Giants (bad team), Niners in AZ (solid win here), Raiders (very bad team), Redskins (bad team), Eagles (solid win here), Cowboys (Brandon Weeden - bad team).

So that's two solid wins, both relatively close. The Niners don't look so good, and they beat the Eagles with two huge pass plays - otherwise they got outplayed pretty consistently.

The AZ pass defense isn't strong, and their offensive line (personnel wise) is not as good as the Niners. Palmer cant move like Kap.

So if the Rams apply the kind of pressure to Palmer that we did to Kap.....yikes.

I realize Arizona is on top right now, and might even go on to win the NFCW....but I'm not a believer, and I think the Rams have a shot this week.

Come on Rams and do us 12's a solid and get another W this week!!!

hoxrox

Reaction score
Chawks1":25kacwpt said:
Ramfan128":25kacwpt said:

Come on Rams and do us 12's a solid and get another W this week!!!

I think the Rams can win, but they're going to need some turnovers. Palmer has only thrown 2 picks this year, compared to 22 last year. If that Rams pass rush can show up again, you never know.

Saints unleash a balanced offense which will be too much for the ailing 49ers to overcome.

Hawks defense continues to play with confidence, stopping Eli and giving RW shorter fields to work with. It's a close win that should really be a blowout.

lvnginhwktwn

Reaction score
As far as AZ, I still think they will find a way to blow their lead and I still think the Hawks have a chance if they can't right the ship and get a few guys back.

49ers, we have guys coming back, that could change things and it could be too little too late.

Been a weird year so far don't see it changing now. Gonna have to wait and see.

rideaducati

Reaction score
Go rams.
Go Aint's.

Seattle is going to win the division by two games.

RedAlice

Reaction score
Hawks. Based on Monday’s game, I see no way the Giants win at C-link, regardless of any issues with the Hawks. Granted, I have not seen any other NYG games this year, but they looked lifeless. Unless there is some super-charge of desire that comes with playing to beat the reigning champs, I don’t think it will even be close.

Niners. I like the Saints this year - probably because I have Graham, Ingram and Cooks on most of my FF teams and also because I picked them to go see for my Bday weekend (looking forward to drinking in their city).

Two 4-4 teams, both of whom thought they would have much better records right now, and both of whom need this game for a momentum upswing. If Saints win, 5-4 keeps them in 1st, whereas for Niners it just keeps them in the division race.

Some of the Saints losses were while Ingram and Graham were out and now both are healthy, plus they have that home Dome advantage. Willis is probably active, but Aldon isn’t back. I think the only way Niners win this one is if they simply want it more to save their season and can fight harder than the Saints. Plus the O-line will have to play. So, I think Saints win a close one that could go either way.

Rams / Cards. I know what I want, not sure what will happen. After feeling reverted back to last year by the KC beat down, am feeling more positive seeing the D-line seem to gel and come to life v the Niners. 8 sacks is cool. The O-line didn’t collapse with all the injuries and rookie GRob did pretty good. Rams are feisty.

I saw this on the AZ site: The Rams didn’t get the memo that they suck. I laughed because it is kinda true – even with our record, they are playing to win.

So I think it's winnable. I look forward to seeing it in person and experiencing this Card fan excitement. The Philly fans were great, let’s see how the Card fans are.

Oh, and Pehawk - I'm a she. :p

pehawk

Reaction score
I ain't falling for it, Red Alice. You're not a woman if you call it "candy" and request me to unwrap it.

Largent80

Reaction score
N.O. will beat SF.

If the Ram-AZ game was a horse race, the handicapper would have to pick the favorite, however, if you saw the Breeders Cup last Saturday, upsets were everywhere.

Sea-NY. NY is pretty bad and banged up more than the Hawks. Hawks get 2 O-Linemen back, plus their nickel CB, and will win that game.

RedAlice

Reaction score
Looks like Willis is still hurt and won't be active for the game. That's good news for Graham, and may make this game not as close as expected.

And, now I have to go move him back off the FF teams I just put him on today.