Arizona Cardinals

Tylerhawk

Reaction score
I hope its not just me but I'm sick of hearing about them winning the super bowl this year they haven't even won the division yet I really would love the Seahawks win this game. I like Bruce Arians I think he's a really good coach but man I don't like how he runs his mouth like they already made it to the super bowl. What do you guys think of it?

Chawks1

Reaction score
I've watched them play 3 times this year, including yesterday's game. I think they have a very legit chance at winning it. They aren't winning by flukey plays. They have as many injuries as we do but their players step up and make plays when they need to. Their defense plays with the intensity we had last year. And Arians has them playing at a high level. They are 16-3 in their last 19 games. 4 of those without their starting QB. Now we have a great opportunity to defend our division title next week. Lets see if we can shut them up!

Largent80

Reaction score
They are playing like we did last year. They just need to sustain that level of play, which as we know isn't that easy.

minormillikin

Reaction score
You've got to admit, it would be a special kind of awesome for them if everything comes together in a year when they host the Super Bowl.

Imagine ending the regular season with home field advantage, and knowing you could win through the playoffs and go the big game without getting on a plane. And for the fans, it's an unbelievable situation. It would be constant pandemonium.

Imagine the 12s showing up at every event during a media week in Seattle, leading up to a Super Bowl in the Clink.

MidwestHawker

Reaction score
minormillikin":3d2m5ypb said:
You've got to admit, it would be a special kind of awesome for them if everything comes together in a year when they host the Super Bowl.

I'd sooner drink an entire bucket of my own puke than have this happen.

MizzouHawkGal

Reaction score
minormillikin":2nbidc5s said:

Imagine ending the regular season with home field advantage, and knowing you could win through the playoffs and go the big game without getting on a plane. And for the fans, it's an unbelievable situation. It would be constant pandemonium.

Imagine the 12s showing up at every event during a media week in Seattle, leading up to a Super Bowl in the Clink.
On one hand it would be awesome in a general NFL fan way but on the otherhand it makes me sick that it could legitimately happen.

minormillikin

Reaction score
If it does happen, you can just be happy for Cards fans. It's not like being a fan of another team makes someone dumb, inferior, wrong, or evil (other than 9er fans, obviously) .

onanygivensunday

Reaction score
MidwestHawker":3lth1s3k said:
minormillikin":3lth1s3k said:

I'd sooner drink an entire bucket of my own puke than have this happen.
It wouldn't bother me anywhere near that much if Arizona were to win the SB.

Otoh, if the Whiners were to do it, then I'd join you.

Greenhell

Reaction score
If it's not us, I'd be ok with it being the Cards over say the Pats, Colts or Donkeys or Santa Clara.

MidwestHawker

Reaction score
I'm guessing that this is just another example of fans going "those guys have sucked for decades, and sucking for decades is somehow noble, therefore I'd like to see them win." I hate that way of thinking myself, but I realize that I'm in something of a minority.

Marvin49

Reaction score
I've doubted them all year...

...but they just keep on rolling. It would be a miracle at this point for either SF or Seattle to catch them.

MidwestHawker

Reaction score
Marvin49":3r5yw6im said:
I've doubted them all year...

...but they just keep on rolling.

Doesn't make your doubt any less correct.

I agree that they probably get away with the division crown now though. Just not enough time to realistically close the gap.

MizzouHawkGal

Reaction score
minormillikin":1yr5grx9 said:
If it does happen, you can just be happy for Cards fans. It's not like being a fan of another team makes someone dumb, inferior, wrong, or evil (other than 9er fans, obviously) .
Of course given I usually have nothing against other team's fans unless they want to start something up. My dislike is focused on the teams themselves in nearly all cases. I just don't like the fact that it could happen because it really is an unfair advantage. I didn't like it when something similar happened for San Francisco when the game was played at Stanford (iirc) and definitely do not like that any team has a legitimate shot at playing the biggest game in the world on their actual homefield. The NFL isn't the CFL.

MidwestHawker

Reaction score
MizzouHawkGal":3pk3loh1 said:
minormillikin":3pk3loh1 said:
Of course given I usually have nothing against other team's fans unless they want to start something up. My dislike is focused on the teams themselves in nearly all cases.

I mean, the solution that minor is suggesting just seems odd to me. Basically, with that mindset you could always be fine with any result in sports, because after all, someone somewhere is happy about it. I guess I can see why someone would advocate for it, but a clear division of good and bad results is a pretty big part of being a big sports fan.

MizzouHawkGal

Reaction score
MidwestHawker":3nqon4ji said:
MizzouHawkGal":3nqon4ji said:
minormillikin":3nqon4ji said:
Of course given I usually have nothing against other team's fans unless they want to start something up. My dislike is focused on the teams themselves in nearly all cases.

I mean, the solution that minor is suggesting just seems odd to me. Basically, with that mindset you could always be fine with any result in sports, because after all, someone somewhere is happy about it. I guess I can see why someone would advocate for it, but a clear division of good and bad results is a pretty big part of being a big sports fan.
I mean to say I hate the fact that it's a legitimate possibility but harbor no actual hatred for a person the is a fan of a different NFL team then myself without being given a reason (like being mistreated in real life by them).

OP
OP
Tylerhawk

Tylerhawk

Reaction score
my problem is not that they are winning its that they are already are crowning themselves the champs when the season is just past midway there is a lot of football left to play

lvnginhwktwn

Reaction score
Tylerhawk":2mbtkmh6 said:
my problem is not that they are winning its that they are already are crowning themselves the champs when the season is just past midway there is a lot of football left to play

This. If they can't go into the Clink and win, I will consider them legit, but I still think Stanton will have a hard time in that environment. Lot of NFCW games left, I really think it's going to be a battle for the division.

ringless

Reaction score
I havent seen the players or Arians crown themselves champs yet. They have said they still havent even clinched a spot yet, and that things happen in the NFL and they could lose the rest of their games, or win the rest. The only thing Arians has said was that since training camp, he has been telling the players to not let another team dress in their locker room at the end of the year.

Anyways, this thread just goes to show how classy Seattle fans are in general..... Compared to fans at the webzone in general. Most fans over their say all of our wins are lucky, that if they got to play us it'd be a cakewalk.... I cant help but to laugh because their team should have lose yesterday if they didnt have Eli throw 5 picks....

Anyways, I'm always pessimistic in nature about sports teams. Especially in football. But I have to say yesterday I was really impressed with the defense. They have been getting better every week, and yes Peterson has been a shut down corner for 3 weeks straight against some good players. They swarm to the ball, they have been suffocating. Even Stafford said yesterday it was the best secondary he's had to play against. I'm really excited, but I think talking Super Bowl is a really long ways away when we have Stanton as our QB. We would have to grab the number 1 seed, or at least I think to have a real shot at that.

In regards to it being a battle for the division..... 6 games remain....
The Cardinals have a head to head tiebreaker over SF, as well as division, conference, and common games. So at this point SF would have to win 4 more games than Arizona.... So if Arizona goes 2-4 SF would have to go 6-0... If Arizona goes 1-5, SF would have to go 5-1... I really dont see any of those happening. Maybe we go 3-3 but that leaves SF out.

In regards to Seattle, I still think we split our games and go 1-1....... Which leaves 4 games to gain 3 on us, and we currently own the tiebreakers in division, conference, and common games again. So we'd have to go 0-4 in the remaining 4 while Seattle went 4-0.... I think WC is where its at for SF or Sea at this point.

minormillikin

Reaction score
MizzouHawkGal":3o3k3bmo said:
MidwestHawker":3o3k3bmo said:
MizzouHawkGal":3o3k3bmo said:
minormillikin":3o3k3bmo said:

No, I just don't have anything against fans of other teams (except 9er fans) . The only difference between them and us is a set of circumstances that led us to be fans of one team or another.

As for this topic, I am simply (academically) putting myself in the position of being a Cards fan, thinking how exciting it would be to host a Super Bowl with my team playing in the game.

Would I rather the Seahawks went to the Super Bowl? F yes, I would. That doesn't mean I'm some narcissist who can't relate to other fanbases.