Steve Smith

HuskerHawk

Reaction score
Probably doesn't deserve it's own thread, but God I love Steve Smith. Probably one of my all time favorite players. Dude plays like I used to, just pissed off at everyone. What a player. Why didn't we sign him?

Basis4day

Reaction score
You're asking why didn't we sign a 35 year old WR who was hobbled a bit last year when we had Harvin, Baldwin, Kearse and Lockette on the roster with a WR heavy draft coming without the benefit of hind-site?

Then we do draft two WR whose combined salaries over 4 guaranteed years of club control is about half of what Smith would make in 3 if he stays on the roster.

Throw in the fact that Smith doesn't really care for Sherman and we had a volatile WR in Harvin and i think you call that a business decision.

ctrcat

Reaction score
He also only wanted to play for a team with a short and easy flight to Charlotte where he still lives so he could fly back after every game for a day or two.

hawkfan68

Reaction score
Steve Smith is doing well with the Ravens. He plays with a chip on his shoulder. Golden Tate was/is a mini version of him. Should have re-signed Tate and it would have been much cheaper.

HawkWow

Reaction score
HuskerHawk":1yoeogfy said:
Probably doesn't deserve it's own thread, but God I love Steve Smith. Probably one of my all time favorite players. Dude plays like I used to, just pissed off at everyone. What a player. Why didn't we sign him?

Because he's a complete asshole?

Have you followed the guy for a while, HH? You may have shared playing styles, but I hope you never sucker punched unknowing, defenseless team mates, putting them on IR, hurting your team.

Ken Lucas was a good guy and a stud corner. Smith blindsided him reportedly because he was tired of hearing Lucas "talk about God". I saw the film and while I consider myself to be quite violent, I've never done anything like that. It made me sick to my stomach.

I would only have wanted Smith because he probably would have beaten Harvin to death. But like Cam said, "we all know hind sight is 50-50".