Should a team trade a #1 for RG3

Chawks1

Reaction score
I know he is a mess. Deserves to be benched. But I don't think the team in Washington DC will just release him. And there are teams out there with no real solution for a starting QB. Schneider will want to recoup at one of his failed traded picks.

I think it isnt much risk for a team in need.....So with RG3 only costing a team $3.3m and a #1 they can take him back to basic QB school. Try and get his mechanics back and teach him to be a pocket passer. I think more than anything else he needs to heal up his mind and body. And he needs someone willing to start over with him. I think he has more potential than Tebow ever did. At Baylor he wasn't just a running QB.

What do you think? Worth the trade for someone like Jacksonville, Buffalo, Ny Jets, Minnesota, tampa Bay, Oakland????

Throwdown

Reaction score
I think you can take Jacksonville out of that, they're invested in Bortles.

i hope for RGIII's sake he gets dealt from Washington for numerous reasons. I'm not ready yet to say he's a bust either so, you know.

SomersetHawk

Reaction score
I'd be hugely surprised if Oakland and Minny were willing to shell out that for a QB given they've got Carr and Teddy B. If Jax have serious concerns whether Bortles is the QB of the future then they wouldn't give a #1 for Griffin, they'd get Mariota. No QB with an ounce of integrity is going to the Jets, and the Buccaneers could also have a shot at a promising QB in this draft. Meanwhile, Buffalo would have to give up a future first (they traded this year's to move up for Watkins).

It will definitely be interesting to see what happens with him, I'm not ready to label him a bust yet either, but he needs to find himself in a really good situation, like Philly.

TXHawk

Reaction score
RG3 is a hot mess mechanically, mentally, and emotionally and may not be salvageable. I doubt that the Skins would get any more than a conditional fourth for him that might move up to a third or second if he met certain benchmarks.

Ozzy

Reaction score
There is zero chance of anyone giving up a first rounder for him. Zero. His mechanics are terrible and he has lost all confidence. It's going to take him a while to get it back together. Kind of pulling for him at this point.

Trenchbroom

Reaction score
The faux 2012 Rookie of the Year sitting on the bench, learning the ropes of the game (and life) from the REAL 2012 Rookie of the Year. For only a 2nd round pick?

I like it.

A

Anonymous

Those legs/knees/ankles might not pass a trade physical.

pehawk

Reaction score
The Skins will be lucky to get a 2nd for him.

I'm not sure where I stand on him. Its hard to separate his bad play from the eternal cluster that is that Redskins organization. He also has a lot of maturing to do and will never get that opportunity in DC.

What I do know is I'm happy for Colt McCoy, he should've been starting all along. IMO, Colt could end up being an Alex Smith type, but Colt will take a few more chances. Colt's PG mentality matches that Redskins offense, well. He can distribute the ball to that pretty good set of skill players they have there.

byau

Reaction score
I wouldn't trade a # 1 for him. I hope the Redskins don't hold out either. Sometimes addition by subtraction helps to get things right. I know part of the argument of holding on to him is they gave a bucketload for him (what was it? three 1st rounds and a 2nd?), but sometimes if it doesn't work out, to keep the chemistry on your team and have your team move forward you gotta make a tough decision.

I'd like to say similar to the Seahawks and Percy Harvin, however a potential franchise QB is definitely on a bigger scale considering how hard they are to find.

Another question: do you keep Coach Gruden or the QB?

hawkfan68

Reaction score
He hasn't proven he can take a hit in the NFL. That's why he's screwed up. If it was flag football, he'd probably be all-world.

MizzouHawkGal

Reaction score
byau":2r9xp41i said:
I wouldn't trade a # 1 for him. I hope the Redskins don't hold out either. Sometimes addition by subtraction helps to get things right. I know part of the argument of holding on to him is they gave a bucketload for him (what was it? three 1st rounds and a 2nd?), but sometimes if it doesn't work out, to keep the chemistry on your team and have your team move forward you gotta make a tough decision.

I'd like to say similar to the Seahawks and Percy Harvin, however a potential franchise QB is definitely on a bigger scale considering how hard they are to find.

Another question: do you keep Coach Gruden or the QB?
Right now with only the information I have? I'd keep Gruden and get rid of RG3 in a Percy type deal. It seems to me he's poison to the lockerroom and his players don't support him. From what I'm seeing he's incapable of running a NFL level offense and that's big trouble. He's like a better Tebow in that he can win but at some point he will be forced to evolve his game. Even Wilson is going through that currently but is making strides slowly but he is doing it.

getnasty

Reaction score
Hopefully Ariens doesn't trade for him. I think it would be funny if the Rams traded for him, Eagles would also be interesting too.

drdiags

Reaction score
Why? The simple answer is no.

He could do a Jim Plunkett and sit for a couple years to heal completely and then recover his career but right now he is damaged goods.