Sympathy for Saints Fans

tacomahawk

Reaction score
I used to have a soft spot in my heart for the Saints, but after all the smack talk of their players and fans (Guido not included) regarding their SOFT team, I no longer feel anything for them. I feel bad for Guido, that is all.

Smelly McUgly

Reaction score
God's Country AKA Cascadia AKA The Pacific Northwe
Every team has brutal fans. I saw a couple Seahawk fans taunting Cardinal fans on RotB after the game last night, and I was like, "why?" Makes no sense to me.

I still feel like New Orleans is a franchise that went through a lot of crap before they won a SB, and Drew Brees is a shorter QB that people doubted, so I still feel overall like Saints fans share more with Seattle fans than not.

The difference is that Mickey Loomis put that team in cap hell and they're now screwed for the next few years unless they hit on a QB in the draft.

lsheldon

Reaction score
RunTheBall":pq6jt962 said:
http://saintsreport.com/forums/f2/my-seattle-theory-335734/

Wilson = Bridgewater

http://saintsreport.com/forums/f2/anyon ... VJiKA_8JTQ

Refs gave us the Arizona game somehow

I guess when your team has been dominated in playoff games by NFC West teams it makes you hate the Seahawks/Niners.

I see a lot of props being given to Wilson and the team in both those threads. I'm not sure how that second guy thinks flagging us 9 times and AZ once is making sure we win. Obviously that guy doesn't actually watch the game, he's using his emotions to drive his posts. There is a lot of frustration period on that forum right now.

pehawk

Reaction score
Screw the Saints...they we're an embarrassment yesterday. Graham made business decision after business decision. They got bullied by the Falcons. Think about that for a second; bullied by the Falcons.

If I was a betting man, I'd say Guido isn't even a Saints fan.

Largent80

Reaction score
Bummed only for Guido, who has been absent for a while.

I have zero empathy for ANY nfl team after the years I saw and supported my team.

Nobody felt sorry and even laughed.....They can all SUCK IT now.

-The Glove-

Reaction score
pehawk":2d6l29qv said:
Screw the Saints...they we're an embarrassment yesterday. Graham made business decision after business decision. They got bullied by the Falcons. Think about that for a second; bullied by the Falcons.

If I was a betting man, I'd say Guido isn't even a Saints fan.
"Im Jimmy" is softer than Charmin. How do you get stood up and stripped right before the goal line?

mikeak

Reaction score
I feel sorry for the Saints fan that went to Seattle and his gf got smacked around and then he proceeded to talk smack about Seattle despite everything being a lie.....oh wait I don't feel sorry for him

OrFan

Reaction score
I think it is funny they stink. I will enjoy laughing at them for years to come. Their fans are some of the worst I've met. I honestly put them on the same level as the 9ers.

IndyHawk

Reaction score
Feel sorry?Man we didn't get hugs when the Hawks sucked and failed to live up to expectations..I feel for Guido but the rest of the Saints after that beatfest bounty on Favre..You lost me long ago..Screw the Saints..

Sgt. Largent

Reaction score
I was rooting for the Saints hard after Katrina and all the way up to their awesome SB win in 2009.

But ever since the whole Bountygate, they can lose for the next 50 years and I could care less. I'm all for trying to find advantages to win, but when you're illegally hurting players on purpose for cash? Yeah, sorry, that's just too much for me.

drdiags

Reaction score
I feel for Guido. I am thinking a bunch of his Saints friends are blaming this season on him wearing that Seahawks Championship hat all off-season. He probably wants to send a pipe bomb to you hosers as a Xmas gift.

hawksfansinceday1

Reaction score
Sympathy for Guido and Iron Saint. Otherwise, I'm with Sgt. Largent above......dirty team or has everyone forgot how they headhunted Percy in the divisional round last year?

Smelly McUgly

Reaction score
God's Country AKA Cascadia AKA The Pacific Northwe
hawksfansinceday1":3q05cz3a said:
Sympathy for Guido and Iron Saint. Otherwise, I'm with Sgt. Largent above......dirty team or has everyone forgot how they headhunted Percy in the divisional round last year?

Yeah, but we won and Percy's a jackass, so in one hundred percent hindsight, I'm not condoning it, but you know, I'm not up in arms about it either.

Sgt. Largent

Reaction score
hawksfansinceday1":8f611wf8 said:

Yep. Most football fans are sympathetic to long suffering franchises, hell I'd love to see the Browns or Clippers win it all.

Up until 2009, the Saints fell into that empathetic franchise category, which is why everyone was rooting for them. But that's gone, and so is the sympathy. Now they're just another team in our way.

rideaducati

Reaction score
I feel so bad for them that I will request paper bags every time I go to the grocery store and I will then donate them to the city of New Orleans... WHO'S WITH ME?

HawkMeat

Reaction score
RunTheBall":2gx849ol said:
http://saintsreport.com/forums/f2/my-seattle-theory-335734/

Wilson = Bridgewater

http://saintsreport.com/forums/f2/anyon ... VJiKA_8JTQ

Refs gave us the Arizona game somehow

I guess when your team has been dominated in playoff games by NFC West teams it makes you hate the Seahawks/Niners.
Dang. That water taco dude is just an idiot.
Yeah I liked the saints and rooted for them, but the internet fan base is annoying for all the hate aimed at seattle.

lsheldon

Reaction score
I don't know why anyone would feel sympathy for a fanbase of a franchise that won a Super Bowl already, and on Feb. 7th 2010 none the less. That was just a while ago. If I felt any type of sympathy it would be for a franchise that hasn't ever won it. Not sure why the Saints would qualify in anyone's book much less why anyone would post a thread about feeling sorry for them.

Especially considering that AlaskaSaints users antics from black and gold dot com claiming that a Seahawk fan at the Clink punched his wife last year and that the police did nothing about it.