Fitz leaving Cards?

pehawk

Reaction score
Fitz and Andre Johnson are the Seahawks best hope to get one of these type of guys. Dudes that are grinders and want a ring.

This is TOTALLY conceivable, actually. Fitz routinely talks about how cool the Seattle gameday experience is.

OP
OP
Ruminator

Ruminator

Reaction score
pehawk":1c94fx0v said:
Fitz and Andre Johnson are the Seahawks best hope to get one of these type of guys. Dudes that are grinders and want a ring.

This is TOTALLY conceivable, actually. Fitz routinely talks about how cool the Seattle gameday experience is.

Would not surprise me in the least to see Fitz join the Seahawks (and yes, it would be possible only out of his desire to be with a winner, not to make the bucks).

Comparing Fitzgerald vs Percy Harvin is like comparing Morpheus from The Matrix with the Jeff Daniels character from Dumb and Dumber (and the sequels thereof). One is so much cooler than the other.

Maulbert

Reaction score
Ruminator":1cqni9bx said:
pehawk":1cqni9bx said:

Would not surprise me in the least to see Fitz join the Seahawks (and yes, it would be possible only out of his desire to be with a winner, not to make the bucks).

Comparing Fitzgerald vs Percy Harvin is like comparing Morpheus from The Matrix with the Jeff Daniels character from Dumb and Dumber (and the sequels thereof). One is so much cooler than the other.

Again, I'd love it...... but I'll believe it when I see it.

NINEster

Reaction score
Many have wanted to see Fitzgerald out of AZ after Warner retired for his sake not so much anti-Cards.

Should be interesting to see how this plays out!

raisethe3

Reaction score
I would love for the Hawks to have Fitzgerald. He's a very classy guy too.

Seahawk Sailor

Reaction score
California via Negros Occidental, Philippines
pehawk":2zh1h676 said:

Yep. Before when his contract was up, he stated emphatically he'd remain a Cardinal. I don't think he has those same adamant feelings anymore. I'd love to see him as a Seahawk for a year or two on a decent contract. Give us a viable weapon at wide receiver and him a good chance at a Super Bowl.

And sure, he has that chance this year, but really, if he's hoping for another chance at the big dance, he knows it's better with us than almost anyone.

Our Man in Chicago

Reaction score
Larry Fitzgerald on Seattle would be Sidney Rice - the tail end of his career, holding on, and role-playing for a Championship. We could do a lot worse than him, and he'd be a good mentor for Paul Richardson and Kevin Norwood.

Scottemojo

Reaction score
The Cards tried like hell to limit Fitz early in the year, they wanted Floyd to take his numbers. A week ago, Steve Keim said they want him back, but them made some talk about the numbers needing to be right.

Which means he is gone. Fitz bled for them, they were using him as a g'dam down blocker at times, and they will use his diminished numbers to say he is diminished. He would catch 120 balls in New England and he knows it. No way he is taking a huge cut for those guys.

He is a red zone dream for a team like ours.

Maulbert

Reaction score
Our Man in Chicago":2817cbbw said:
Larry Fitzgerald on Seattle would be Sidney Rice - the tail end of his career, holding on, and role-playing for a Championship. We could do a lot worse than him, and he'd be a good mentor for Paul Richardson and Kevin Norwood.

Except Fitzgerald has never had the injury history that Rice had, and has been consistent throughout his career. If he came here, at least he'd draw coverage off Baldwin, Kearse and Richardson.

SomersetHawk

Reaction score
Not too many guys I can think of more deserving of a ring. I'd have thought he wants one too. Unfortunately I could definitely see him going somewhere like the Patriots, and being brilliant.

Would love him here though, he's younger than Vincent Jackson and I don't imagine he'd cost much more. Sure he's slowed down a little but that was never a huge part of his game, he still runs great routes, goes hard every play and catches almost everything thrown near him.

I'd be happy with him or Jackson, go from about 50 seconds and take your pick...

[youtube]NHVuZ_G9aW4[/youtube]

I think Larry and Russ got pretty close during that Pro Bowl too, wouldn't be surprised if they'd already discussed the possibility.

hawksfansinceday1

Reaction score
I love Larry. He's truly one of all-time favorite NFL players, a helluva person and a helluva football player with perhaps the best pair of hand I've ever seen (and I've been watching football since 1964). Probably doesn't matter though because with the contracts the Hawks have coming up (Russ, Bobby and Bruce) not likely we'll see our team dropping the necessary coin on a FA WR.

sutz

Reaction score
There's a pretty short list of FA WR out there I wouldn't mind the Hawks taking a flyer on. Fitz kind of tops the list. And I'm one of those guys that doesn't really think we need to sign a big name WR this offseason.

;)

hawk35fan

Reaction score
Knows the division, great hands, and is not a me first type of guy. Can the Hawks release a few spare receivers to open up the necessary cap space?

ringless

Reaction score
It would be a little out of character for Fitz to say something like this, let alone right before a playoff game. In his career he has always been one to put his team first, and winning before personal stats and records. He has never been one to speak out, or show frustration. He is a true professional, he doesn't even celebrate touchdowns, he just runs over to the ref and hands him the ball. I just highly doubt that something like that would come from Fitz mouth right before a playoff game