Rams getting a new OC

NorthDallas40oz

Reaction score
St. Louis Rams offensive coordinator Brian Schottenheimer is heading to the U. of Georgia as offensive coordinator / quarterbacks coach. This is kind of scary because the Rams might actually hire a decent OC now to pair with that defense, as Schottenheimer was clearly holding them way back. Maybe someone will sell Fisher on Greg Knapp.

pehawk

Reaction score
Ah, that's sad. I really respected the fact Fisher employed two of the worst coordinators I could think of. Williams having transitioned from good to "all out spaz" in 2014.

Munchek in Pitt, maybe?

Scottemojo

Reaction score
My guess is someone more dedicated to the run.
Greg Roman.

Maulbert

Reaction score
What I want to know is how Brian Schottenheimer keeps getting hired. He's a terrible OC. In 9 seasons, his total yards averaged a league rank of 22.6, his points an average rank of 18, and his giveaways an average rank of 16.7.

pehawk

Reaction score
Maulbert":24xousip said:
What I want to know is how Brian Schottenheimer keeps getting hired. He's a terrible OC. In 9 seasons, his total yards averaged a league rank of 22.6, his points an average rank of 18, and his giveaways an average rank of 16.7.

The "good ol boy" and nepotistic hiring practices are alive and well in the NFL. Hence being the only professional sport with minority interviewing requirements.

The NFL may be #1 in popularity but is dead last in cultural morality.

RedAlice

Reaction score
Scottemojo":12c7fnyr said:
My guess is someone more dedicated to the run.
Greg Roman.

Looks like they are interviewing him.

I thought Niner fans don't like him. Does he suck?

homerun1970

Reaction score
Marvin liked him unless he leaves then he was a traitor and a never was. He tends to go away from what is working pretty easily from what i have seen. He is also forgetful of having both a running and passing game does one or the other sometimes.

ivotuk

Reaction score
NorthDallas40oz":38ll0kd7 said:
St. Louis Rams offensive coordinator Brian Schottenheimer is heading to the U. of Georgia as offensive coordinator / quarterbacks coach. This is kind of scary because the Rams might actually hire a decent OC now to pair with that defense, as Schottenheimer was clearly holding them way back. Maybe JIM MORA will sell Fisher on Greg Knapp.

FIFY

RedAlice

Reaction score
Looks like Rams will announce Cignetti as the new DC and Boras as Assistant HC for Offense.

Per Jim Thomas on twitter.

korboko

Reaction score
Are they also going to get a new city fanbase and location??

pehawk

Reaction score
A really ugly hire. IMO, the hire has a real Clay Bennett, "Major League" feel to it.

Eeekkk....

RedAlice

Reaction score
pehawk":3fzjykst said:
A really ugly hire. IMO, the hire has a real Clay Bennett, "Major League" feel to it.

Eeekkk....

I honestly have no idea what to think, but it doesn't seem good. Our O sucked last year and they promoted two of the guys helping to run it.

Sherman4Prez

Reaction score
They say QB's make coordinators look good. Rams didn't have a starting QB take a snap under center last year. They have some weapons if they can just get the ball to them. Who knows, but I agree its an underwhelming move to say the least.

DavidSeven

Reaction score
Honestly, I think the Rams/49ers/Jaguars OC hires shows you what the OC candidate pool looks like. It also shows that defensive minded coaches don't put much of a premium on O-scheming. The trend is toward development and continuity.

bmorepunk

Reaction score
Now they need a quarterback. If they could figure that mess out they'd be awesome.

So would Arizona.

It's scary to think how good any other team in the NFC West can be. Some teams play in divisions where 2-3 teams are usually complete disasters, like the Patriots and Colts.

Playmaker21

Reaction score
This hiring/promotion went over like a Fart in Church here in Saint Louis. I know the Rams are the Seahawks division rivals. But there is so much apathy for the Rams in Saint Louis, they should just move and take their dysfunction back to Southern California.