Jets to release Harvin

Hasselbeck

Reaction score
Per multiple media outlets. This coming after the Marshall trade.

Means the Seahawks officially get a 6th round pick for him.

kidhawk

Reaction score
Hasselbeck":330nsaep said:
Per multiple media outlets. This coming after the Marshall trade.

Means the Seahawks officially get a 6th round pick for him.

So far, this is just speculation. Although I agree with the speculation, I have heard nothing saying it's a done deal, so the 6th round pick is not official yet. I wouldn't be surprised if it became official soon though

marko358

Reaction score
So I hear this Harvin dude is available. We could use some speed on offense.

Basis4day

Reaction score
marko358":2zw2jqha said:
So I hear this Harvin dude is available. We could use some speed on offense.

Maybe if he demands double coverage.

chawx

Reaction score
I'd take him back... if we put him on the practice squad until the super bowl and paid him $0.

lukerguy

Reaction score
Maybe we can resign Harvin for like 5M per year!! :sarcasm_off:

Hawkfan77

Reaction score
Imagine having Harvin and Marshall in the same locker room :snack:

SomersetHawk

Reaction score
Hawkfish":urxacefk said:
So what are our draft picks this year if now we get Jet's 6th?

1,2,3,4,4,5,5,5,6,6,7 (Assuming Tate gets us the predicted 4th and McDonald nets us a 6th; there's supposedly a possibility he wont, but if not then we'll get a 7th for McQuistan or Maragos).

BadgerVid

Reaction score
lukerguy":26ek0318 said:
Maybe we can resign Harvin for like 5M per year!! :sarcasm_off:

With substantial penalties if he opens his mouth in the locker room... :stirthepot:

MysterMatt

Reaction score
MizzouHawkGal":1m0s1y72 said:
The offseason isn't starting off well for us it seems. What a waste of talent Harvin is.
Yeah, but now hopefully we can turn the final page and close the book. Terrible deal, but sometimes tish happens. I can't help but wonder how we'd look with that extra 1st and 3rd. Sigh.

Jville

Reaction score
MizzouHawkGal":23b3b25m said:
The offseason isn't starting off well for us it seems. What a waste of talent Harvin is.

I look at the 2013 off season as the time period where a number of regrettable choices were made. They got too off track chasing speed, athleticism and potential.

With regards to the 2015 and 2014 off seasons, I think we have continued to see regrettable down stream effects from 2013 off season.

ivotuk

Reaction score
The Jets are idiots. At least with Harvin they can hand it off behind the line of scrimmage. Who's going to throw the ball to Marshall?

Who's going to block for a Jets QB long enough for Marshall to get downfield?

Typical blundbuss move by an idiot organization. They hire a defensive coach, then add an expensive offensive player. That might work if the offensive player were a QB.

Jville

Reaction score
The Jets have a lot of cap space. The balance of Harvins's contract is not guaranteed. The Jets have no urgency to move Harvin. They in fact have a lot of time to work with.

I would think this thread has the potential to live for months.

ihawk

Reaction score
Knuckle-headedness and locker room dysfunction aside, it would be sick having Marshall, Decker, and Harvin lined up. Have to agree with speculation though that Harvin gets dumped. Probably coming as soon as Marshall passes his physical and probably why the Jets made their move before the deadline to drop Harvin.

joeseahawks

Reaction score
Don't know why people keep hampering on our "mistakes". Mistakes are made and mistakes will be made. Our organization is NOT perfect. PC and JS are humans.
The key is we learned, we dealt with it. We fixed it before it got out of hand and we moved on. That's how it should be.
Expecting that our organization makes the right decision every single time ... is just not realistic. Some people here wanted ML cut / traded last year. We didn't. It was a great decision to keep him. Our FO has made some mistakes, but they have also made some great decisions.