Jarryd Hayne

jake206

Reaction score
[tweet]https://twitter.com/RapSheet/status/632719031477379072[/tweet]

Marvin49

Reaction score
Huge hole and he ran well in the open field , but, he still runs way, way too upright.

drrew

Reaction score
Really excited for Jarryd Hayne and hope to see him make the 53, sad that it has to be with the 49ers.

SeaToTheHawks

Reaction score
TheRealDTM":1zi5k072 said:
Stop the homerism this guy looked great

One good run through a hole a bus could've fit Through? It was good vision but nothing an average back wouldn't have done.

TheRealDTM

Reaction score
I didn't say he's amazing I said he looked great. He also had a 33 yard Kick Return. Small sample size not necessarily indicative of future success but he looked really good. I'd rather have him than Rawls or Smith

theincrediblesok

Reaction score
That was good awareness by Hayne to hit the hole, I mean you could be Trent Richardson who had a big hole to get 6 but chose to dance around into a pile instead.

peppersjap

Reaction score
I look forward to seeing him replace Aldon Smith and Patrick Willis this year, pretty sure it will be impressive!

Scottemojo

Reaction score
2 things to love
He cuts back inside to make a guy miss, he isn't a sideline seeker like both Rawls and Smith looked Friday, and he can switch the ball from hand to hand with ease.

Fudwamper

Reaction score
Yea, not that impressive of a run. If he made some move, or had to cut back, ot a quick step to move a LB that would be one thing. That run was a perfectly blocked. I am not comenting on the rest of his game I don't know didnt see, but that run was not spectacular at all.

Popeyejones

Reaction score
Fudwamper":1u2fkih3 said:
Yea, not that impressive of a run. If he made some move, or had to cut back, ot a quick step to move a LB that would be one thing.

Not that it really matters, but he made the safety miss at the second level with a cutback. The thing you're asking for is the only impressive thing he did in that play.

I mean, I think it's pre-season and none of it matters, but it's only a big deal because he put on pads for the first time in his life 13 days ago.

Likewise, and why it actually matters, is he made three guys miss on a punt return and broke a few tackles on his kick returner too (had the longest kick and punt returns of the night for both teams).

If he makes the team (a big if) it's unlikely he'll even get a single carry this year as a RB. The question is will he be valuable enough as a KR/PR and on ST coverage to roster.

There's a story here at all because people were expecting absolutely nothing, and somehow, at least for one pres-season game, he looks like he might have a shot of making the 53 through ST play.

netskier

Reaction score
I like him because he is big, strong, pretty fast, and quite slippery, and an underdog. I really wish we had picked him up, because he is a more interesting underdog than most, almost exotic.

London12

Reaction score
I love rugby so I kinda hope that he personally does well, whilst his team fails miserably.

hawkfan68

Reaction score
Once he's released, the Seahawks should waive Rawls, Smith, Michael or whomever wins the 3rd rb and pick him up. If the 49ers try to stash him on PS, pick him up off that.

ringless

Reaction score
I would love to give him a look. Use to watch him play when I lived in Australia. Guy is obviously talented and a competitor. Considering he hasn't played much NFL I think given time he could become a player that can contribute to a team. He has the talent, and with the right coaching (Cardinals/Seahawks) might make an impact.

Marvin49

Reaction score
ringless":20hinech said:
I would love to give him a look. Use to watch him play when I lived in Australia. Guy is obviously talented and a competitor. Considering he hasn't played much NFL I think given time he could become a player that can contribute to a team. He has the talent, and with the right coaching (Cardinals/Seahawks) might make an impact.

....I know...its not like the 49ers have coaches.

Tom Rathman? Who's THAT guy?

rideaducati

Reaction score
Marvin49":24jy9hvv said:
ringless":24jy9hvv said:
I would love to give him a look. Use to watch him play when I lived in Australia Guy is obviosly talented and a competitor. Considering he hasn't played much NFL I think given time he could become a player that can contribute to a team. He has the talent, and with the right coaching (Cardinals/Seahawks) might make an impact.

....I know...its not like the 49ers have coaches.

Tom Rathman? Who's THAT guy?

A fullback? What does he teach, "Just run in to the first guy you see with a different color jersey on."?

It is rather laughable that ringles actually thinks the cards would be a better place for a running back to get coaching. They haven't had a good running game since they were in St. Louis.