Whiner defense is getting lit up

Status
Not open for further replies.

WilsonMVP

Reaction score
Ben dropping bombs all day on them. Seems like everytime I looked over at the TV he was going deep

Kaep actually has over 300 yards with 2TD and 0INT and leading the team with 49 rushing yards

Not sure how much of that was after they went down 28-3 though

hawksfansinceday1

Reaction score
Weadoption":5qc04vcp said:
This game is a reality check.
Yes and no. No because the NFL set the Whiners up to lose this game and one of their favored franchises, the Stealers to win by scheduling it at 10:00 AM Pacific time after Santa Clara played late Monday night while Pissburgh played 10 days earlier. Yes because Santa Clara isn't as good as they looked last week and Minny isn't as bad (beating Detroit today).

Sports Hernia

Reaction score
WilsonMVP":bgxslkay said:
Ben dropping bombs all day on them. Seems like everytime I looked over at the TV he was going deep

Kaep actually has over 300 yards with 2TD and 0INT and leading the team with 49 rushing yards

Not sure how much of that was after they went down 28-3 though
Most of it is in garbage time. Stealers playing softzone most of the 4th quarter.
Carlos "All world" Hyde got beat up all game. The stealers D might not be very good, but they can hit.

Weadoption

Reaction score
Niners could have prepared for a month but that isn't going to get them a pass rush or a qb that knows how to qb.

rlkats

Reaction score
hawksfansinceday1":1wtztldb said:
Weadoption":1wtztldb said:
Yes and no. No because the NFL set the Whiners up to lose this game and one of their favored franchises, the Stealers to win by scheduling it at 10:00 AM Pacific time after Santa Clara played late Monday night while Pissburgh played 10 days earlier. Yes because Santa Clara isn't as good as they looked last week and Minny isn't as bad (beating Detroit today).

Dude whats your deal? Yes tough game. Yes bad start time. Yes niner (ya I said niners not whinners) are not as good as some thought after week1. NO ONE IS MAKING EXCUSES. THEY GOT BLOWN UP. Hey captain obvious this loss like this is NOT A SHOCK. damn man.

rlkats

Reaction score
Weadoption":1b80h30x said:
Niners could have prepared for a month but that isn't going to get them a pass rush or a qb that knows how to qb.

I call BS. Dropped balls and one in the endzone did not help. And the defense sucked balls today. Also Kap did well today. Shocking to say.

rlkats

Reaction score
Oh as much as I disline Kap he could do nothing better today. A oline that had him running for his life. Still did 33 / 46 for 335 yard a 2 td. 0 pics.

hawksfansinceday1

Reaction score
rlkats":2dcf3h2j said:
hawksfansinceday1":2dcf3h2j said:
Weadoption":2dcf3h2j said:

Dude whats your deal? Yes tough game. Yes bad start time. Yes niner (ya I said niners not whinners) are not as good as some thought after week1. NO ONE IS MAKING EXCUSES. THEY GOT BLOWN UP. Hey captain obvious this loss like this is NOT A SHOCK. damn man.
Maybe I didn't make myself clear.......my point is the NFL totally stacked the deck against your team man making it very difficult to come away with a win. I didn't mean to infer that anyone was making excuses because you're right, they got lit up. Your team isn't as good as they looked last week but not as bad as they looked his week IMO. That's all I'm saying.

BTW, even though I'm a Hawks fan and even though I don't think scheduling was the bottom line factor in your team's loss today, I continue to be outraged by the NFL's favoritism of east coast teams in general and the Stealers in particular.

Weadoption

Reaction score
dafuq!?
Kap did nothing in the first half except suck and didn't put up numbers until the Steelers D got bored.

SF49r

Reaction score
At least we got the east coast 10 AM short week start excuse :p

rlkats

Reaction score
hawksfansinceday1":2taoknfj said:
rlkats":2taoknfj said:
hawksfansinceday1":2taoknfj said:
Weadoption":2taoknfj said:

Maybe I didn't make myself clear.......my point is the NFL totally stacked the deck against your team man making it very difficult to come away with a win. I didn't mean to infer that anyone was making excuses because you're right, they got lit up. Your team isn't as good as they looked last week but not as bad as they looked his week IMO. That's all I'm saying.

BTW, even though I'm a Hawks fan and even though I don't think scheduling was the bottom line factor in your team's loss today, I continue to be outraged by the NFL's favoritism of east coast teams in general and the Stealers in particular.

Cool agreed on all points.

WilsonMVP

Reaction score
hawksfansinceday1":2jjhqmer said:
Weadoption":2jjhqmer said:

Vikings whipped Staffords behind....He took so many shots. Vikings rushed for almost 200 yards today

They are way better than what they showed at SF. That 7:20 Pacific start time was messed up. Thats almost 9:30 Vikings time. That HAS to mess with you. They also had 5 preseason games

bandiger

Reaction score
rlkats":9jk626vv said:
Oh as much as I disline Kap he could do nothing better today. A oline that had him running for his life. Still did 33 / 46 for 335 yard a 2 td. 0 pics.

Stat padding after the game was over by the half is not impressive, its why QBs like Cutler/Stafford/etc still have jobs and make too much money.

RichNhansom

Reaction score
hawksfansinceday1":18mb3rot said:
rlkats":18mb3rot said:
hawksfansinceday1":18mb3rot said:
Weadoption":18mb3rot said:

To be fair the NFL stacked the deck last week for the 9ers. I would think it would be much more difficult to travel and play a game between 9:30pm and 1:00am against a team you have zero ability to game plan against, than it would be to play on a short week in a 10am start. At least the 9ers could formulate a game plan.

The tough part of this scheduling is you still have no real idea if the 9ers are going to be good or not. They looked like a playoff team last week and this week when it mattered they looked like a team that will be picking very high in the draft.

I actually though Kaep looked good even with minimal success early. He seemed to be using more receivers than I remember him doing before but his offense in general really let him down. Not just the O-line. Dropped passes all over the field was huge also. Keap actually looked like he could be good if his team helped him out some.

Marvin49

Reaction score
RichNhansom":2y7risnm said:
hawksfansinceday1":2y7risnm said:
rlkats":2y7risnm said:
hawksfansinceday1":2y7risnm said:

To be fair the NFL stacked the deck last week for the 9ers. I would think it would be much more difficult to travel and play a game between 9:30pm and 1:00am against a team you have zero ability to game plan against, than it would be to play on a short week in a 10am start. At least the 9ers could formulate a game plan.

The tough part of this scheduling is you still have no real idea if the 9ers are going to be good or not. They looked like a playoff team last week and this week when it mattered they looked like a team that will be picking very high in the draft.

I actually though Kaep looked good even with minimal success early. He seemed to be using more receivers than I remember him doing before but his offense in general really let him down. Not just the O-line. Dropped passes all over the field was huge also. Keap actually looked like he could be good if his team helped him out some.

Agreed on Kap. He had zero help today. Free rushers in his face, dropped passes galore including one TD, and untimely penalties. He actually looked much more comfortable than I've ever seen him even when he was getting pressured.

Then the D was just non-existent. No pressure on Ben and they couldn't stop the deep pass to save their lives.

Yes, a lot of Kaps yards came when the game was out of hand, but he played well all game. In particular, he checked down to a RB far more often than I've ever seen and he stayed in a passing posture longer than I've seen.

Hawkspur

Reaction score
Shazier from the Steelers had a great game. Made plays all game long.

Status
Not open for further replies.