NFL Schedule Bitching...

pehawk

Reaction score
Post whatever you want about the schedule. Here's a a few tidbits I've read so far;

Raiders play 5 10 AM games

Panthers play the most games off extended rest. 5 games with at least 8 days.

That Chiefs fan dude can speak to them playing 15 out of 16 Sundays.

I still haven't found which team plays most off the bye. I'm going to assume that's the Raiders, Jags, or Bills as they usually lead the way there. The Raiders always get screwed man, in every possible way.

OP
OP
P

pehawk

Reaction score
peachesenregalia":2rqtx5a2 said:
pehawk":2rqtx5a2 said:
Post whatever you want about the schedule. Here's a a few tidbits I've read so far;

Raiders play 5 10 AM games

Panthers play the most games off extended rest. 5 games with at least 8 days.

That Chiefs fan dude can speak to them playing 15 out of 16 Sundays.

I still haven't found which team plays most off the bye. I'm going to assume that's the Raiders, Jags, or Bills as they usually lead the way there. The Raiders always get screwed man, in every possible way.

I really wish the NFL would learn. That's shitty as hell for the Raiders, no team on the West Coast should have to play at 10am more than a couple of times. Shouldn't be that difficult to arrange the schedule that way.

The NFL doesn't even try to hide their screwing of the Raiders. It's just gross. If you hate Rog and the NFL status quo, you should really, really be a Raiders fan.

rlkats

Reaction score
Agree on the schedule. How they put it together it a question that needs to be asked. The niners ( not that they have a chance at anything) play the Rams in LA on Monday night then play at Carolina 10am Sunday am. Tough schedule

Edit. Then return and play the Hawks at 1pm on Sunday the next week. Damn Here goes 0-3.

Sgt. Largent

Reaction score
peachesenregalia":2hedt4rm said:
I really wish the NFL would learn. That's shitty as hell for the Raiders, no team on the West Coast should have to play at 10am more than a couple of times. Shouldn't be that difficult to arrange the schedule that way.

Maybe if the Raiders ever stopped playing in a baseball stadium on dirt, they wouldn't have to go on the road for three of the first four weeks with 10:00am starts.

SchadyHawk

Reaction score
The worst is the Panthers had the easiest schedule last year and are bestowed with another cake walk of a schedule so Cam Newton can dab his way to another MVP

ctrcat

Reaction score
SchadyHawk":1lc7uh6e said:
The worst is the Panthers had the easiest schedule last year and are bestowed with another cake walk of a schedule so Cam Newton can dab his way to another MVP

I truly don't understand this. 5 prime time games but 3 on the road despite being NFC Champs. @New Orleans after MNF and they're coming off their bye, and Arizona at 1 PM PT since I know west coast teams go ape over 10 AM PT (even though the NFCCG was late afternoon/evening). Most importantly for the Hawks the game head to head is the second of back to back west coast games (@Oakland).

This is NOT bitching by the way. Just conversation. After winning in San Fran and against New England in 2013 with both coming off their byes while the Panthers at the time were winless after byes under Rivera, what little I cared about times/byes/etc. became zero.

I DO think the schedule is easier than last year but only time will tell. It has nothing to do with times/dates however, and everything to do with playing a worse slate of opponent QBs. Not saying they'll win 15 in the regular season again, just IMO and fwiw.

chris98251

Reaction score
ctrcat":ufn0ydi0 said:
SchadyHawk":ufn0ydi0 said:

I truly don't understand this. 5 prime time games but 3 on the road despite being NFC Champs. @New Orleans after MNF and they're coming off their bye, and Arizona at 1 PM PT since I know west coast teams go ape over 10 AM PT (even though the NFCCG was late afternoon/evening). Most importantly for the Hawks the game head to head is the second of back to back west coast games (@Oakland).

This is NOT bitching by the way. Just conversation. After winning in San Fran and against New England in 2013 with both coming off their byes while the Panthers at the time were winless after byes under Rivera, what little I cared about times/byes/etc. became zero.

I DO think the schedule is easier than last year but only time will tell. It has nothing to do with times/dates however, and everything to do with playing a worse slate of opponent QBs. Not saying they'll win 15 in the regular season again, just IMO and fwiw.

Welcome to success and equalization, they made us play weird schedule and not wanting primetime games at Centurylink also, said rating's were to low due to blow outs lol.

Scottemojo

Reaction score
ctrcat":35ap1mtf said:
SchadyHawk":35ap1mtf said:

What is the SOS rating? 12th? get over it.

hawksfansinceday1

Reaction score
rlkats":240jkjya said:
Agree on the schedule. How they put it together it a question that needs to be asked. The niners ( not that they have a chance at anything) play the Rams in LA on Monday night then play at Carolina 10am Sunday am. Tough schedule

Edit. Then return and play the Hawks at 1pm on Sunday the next week. Damn Here goes 0-3.
They did the same thing to your team last year. Niners played the late Mon night game opening weekend then 10AM game in Pissburgh the next Sunday. Total screw job. And as pe said, they don't even try to hide their screwing of the Raiders and they've been getting it since Al beat 'em in court. League is so pissed they're taking it out on his kid 30 years later.

rlkats

Reaction score
hawksfansinceday1":ry74nlu4 said:
rlkats":ry74nlu4 said:

They did the same thing to your team last year. Niners played the late Mon night game opening weekend then 10AM game in Pissburgh the next Sunday. Total screw job. And as pe said, they don't even try to hide their screwing of the Raiders and they've been getting it since Al beat 'em in court. League is so pissed they're taking it out on his kid 30 years later.

Ya sad. On both counts. Raiders have potential to get to the playoffs this year.

ctrcat

Reaction score
Scottemojo":3kwxx8sh said:
ctrcat":3kwxx8sh said:
SchadyHawk":3kwxx8sh said:

What is the SOS rating? 12th? get over it.

Yeah no complaints at all. There is a lot of good and bad in every schedule, Any Given Sunday, etc., I was only focusing on the one side since the poster made it sound like it was nothing but potpourri and roses.

Ramfan128

Reaction score
The Raiders?? Check out the Rams schedule..

4 10am PT starts, and 1 6:30am PT start in London.

5 trips out East (TB, NO, DET, NYJ, NE), 1 to London (NYG).

On top of that, we drew Seattle on a shorter than normal week after playing the late MNF game, and then @Seattle on Thursday Night Football.......another short week. Seahawks also have a shortened week for the Thursday game obviously, but are at home, which is always a huge advantage. We were due to be on the road....but having to play Seattle twice with built in disadvantages?

Also, at New England the week after going at New Orleans??

I heard that USC had some requests/demands for our schedule...so that could be the reason for a lot of this..

Wasn't expecting much this year anyway with the move/hard knocks/rookie QB....but yikes.

Ramfan128

Reaction score
Just to piggy back onto that, 5 of our first 7 games are played away from LA. Although we only play two playoff teams from last year in the first 7.

hawksfansinceday1

Reaction score
Ramfan128":9p14rwqt said:
Just to piggy back onto that, 5 of our first 7 games are played away from LA. Although we only play two playoff teams from last year in the first 7.
A LOT of your team's schedule screwing has to with USC from what I've read. I believe 5 of your first 7 on the road is because of this. Unfortunately that's what happens when you don't have your own stadium, but that doesn't make it right.

I do think the Seahawks had five 10 AM games a couple of years ago as well and this year is Seattle's first home Thurs game in five years. SF is getting shafted some this year too. And we've discussed the jobbing Oakland is getting (haven't looked at Chargers yet).

NFL treats west coast teams like red headed step children far too often IMO.

AgentDib

Reaction score
I'm in the camp that there shouldn't be any 10 am games. Selfishly, I kind of like that the Raiders and Rams are getting screwed here because it makes the issue more visible. The media influence in California is much larger and if we have another year of uninspired 10 am games that may be enough pressure to get it into the '17 owner's meetings.

chris98251

Reaction score
AgentDib":zodtbu0n said:
I'm in the camp that there shouldn't be any 10 am games. Selfishly, I kind of like that the Raiders and Rams are getting screwed here because it makes the issue more visible. The media influence in California is much larger and if we have another year of uninspired 10 am games that may be enough pressure to get it into the '17 owner's meetings.

We have one issue, all the real influential owners are East coast guys, it is why they limited the west coast trips by East coast teams a few years ago. Rams forced a move to LA, Raiders have their contemptuous history with the league. They are not getting any sympathy, If the 49ers had their old Front Office and ownership then maybe you would have some weight in the talks, not now. San Diego, Seattle, Arizona don't have the clout to make things happen.

OP
OP
P

pehawk

Reaction score
Anyone know which team faces the most opponents coming off bye (bi)? I can't find it anywhere. I'll take my answer off the air.

XOXO

Chris Weinke