Seahawks.NET AMAZON STOREFRONT

Seahawks "interested" in Gus Bradley [Signed w/ SD]

Discuss any and all NFL-related topics and matters of interest here. LANGUAGE RATING: PG-13
  • I don't think there's a tremendous amount of difference between Gus Bradley and Kris Richard. And it's Pete's defense anyway. It's going to be basically the same no matter who is coordinating.

I would gladly sacrifice Richard to get rid of Cable.
    Mojambo
    NET Veteran

• Shanegotyou11 wrote:Richards is Gus 2.0

And the sequel is not better than the original. I'd much rather have Gus back. His one real weakness was end of games. Richard has that same weakness, only he has other ones that cost us games too.
    Radish and Cheinhill — Gone, but not forgotten
    HawkFan72
    * NET Moderator *

• UK_Seahawk wrote:Just spitballing here but if Richard is to get replaced rather than get a HC job elsewhere then might it be because of a perceived fracturing of relationships with defensive players? Could be a cultural thing rather than play calling per se?

I was thinking something similar too. Maybe Gus could help with some of the relations between the guys. He seemed to really be respected and trusted by a lot of the "core" and leaders. Also, maybe bringing him in could partially be a move to try and get a guy or two to want to come back (Maybe a Kam or Cliff decide to play again under Gus or it helps with resigning Earl or something)? IDK, just spitballing a bit too on that.
    DJrmb
    NET Veteran

• Mojambo wrote:I don't think there's a tremendous amount of difference between Gus Bradley and Kris Richard. And it's Pete's defense anyway. It's going to be basically the same no matter who is coordinating.

I would gladly sacrifice Richard to get rid of Cable.

So would I, and even more than that.

My problem is why should we have to and why does this not even make any sense?

Does Cable have his claws that deep into the org. that they need to displace coordinators on the D side of the ball as well?
    Seymour
    NET Veteran

• Reads that Bradley could replace Richard

Yeah this seems pointless. Lateral move. Why even bother...

Reads that Cable would also be fired

DO IT PETE DO IT
    Vpk0718
    NET Veteran

• What am I missing here? Why would Cable be fired if we got a new DC? He's still the O-line coach, no?
    WindCityHawk
    NET Veteran

• Quite a few more defensive miscommunications under Richard than there was with Bradley.
    R.I.P. THE EDGAR, YOU WILL BE MISSED......
    SoulfishHawk
    NET Veteran

• Vpk0718 wrote:Reads that Bradley could replace Richard

Yeah this seems pointless. Lateral move. Why even bother...

Reads that Cable would also be fired

DO IT PETE DO IT

Maybe X's and O's wise it's a lateral move...............but go back to the Bradley days and you can't deny that the players responded to him better than they do Richard.

I'd love for Bradley to come back, I think he's a hell of a motivator and the players love playing for him. Not so sure you can say that about Richard.
    If there is no Seahawk football in heaven, then we will never die.
    Sgt. Largent
    NET Pro Bowler

• WindCityHawk wrote:What am I missing here? Why would Cable be fired if we got a new DC? He's still the O-line coach, no?

They'd probably let Cable go to find a new opportunity rather than keeping him around after a demotion. Better for everyone. Cable's name, right or wrong, carries weight - he's getting HC looks.
    2016/2017 Adopt-A-Rookie: CJ Prosise, Quill Griffin
    2016/2017 Adopt-A-UDFA: Lene Maiava, Jordan Roos
    Maelstrom787
    NET Veteran

• I think Pete is doing Gus a favor.

Chargers want to bring him back, but if another team is "interested" in him, he has more leverage in contract negotiatins.
    "God Bless the Seattle Seahawks" Cortez Kennedy

http://ivotuk.com/
    ivotuk
    * NET Moderator *

• Ok, it’s been a couple days now since this story broke. Why hasn’t Bradley been hired and Cable been canned yet??!! ;)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    James in PA
    NET Starter

• James in PA wrote:Ok, it’s been a couple days now since this story broke. Why hasn’t Bradley been hired and Cable been canned yet??!! ;)

YEAH!
    Hawkfish
    NET Veteran

• Well, people are acting like we are the Browns front office at this point, so..........
    R.I.P. THE EDGAR, YOU WILL BE MISSED......
    SoulfishHawk
    NET Veteran

In 180 games, Walter Jones was called for 9 holding penalties in the course of 5,703 pass plays.
    First Round Inductee To Hall Of Fame 2014
    ESPN #1 Rated Seahawks Player of All Time
    KitsapGuy
    * NET Staff *

• Well that certainly makes things more interesting.

If Pete's firing Richard and hiring Bradley, then we probably get him. But if Pete just wants him in some quasi advisory role to help Richard?...........then not sure Bradley takes that job over a real D-Coordinator job elsewhere.
    If there is no Seahawk football in heaven, then we will never die.
    Sgt. Largent
    NET Pro Bowler

• Now is the time to fire Cable, fire Richard, and hire Gus to be DC/Assistant HC.

Tick tock.
    "Practice without improvement is meaningless" - Chuck Knox
    2_0_6
    NET Veteran

• Maelstrom787 wrote:
    WindCityHawk wrote:What am I missing here? Why would Cable be fired if we got a new DC? He's still the O-line coach, no?

They'd probably let Cable go to find a new opportunity rather than keeping him around after a demotion. Better for everyone. Cable's name, right or wrong, carries weight - he's getting HC looks.

I don't see any proof that his name carries weight, teams aren't beating down the door to interview him. Do you have any information that he's interviewed for any of the available jobs (or even that teams have asked permission)? It was rumored awhile back that the Colts were interested, but I never saw it reported that he interviewed, only that KR did.

The more time passes the more my hopes are dashed that TC or DB will be fired. If Peter was going to fire them it seems he would have done it sooner to give them a chance to pursue other open positions that are now being filled.
    LolaRox
    NET Veteran

• James in PA wrote:Ok, it’s been a couple days now since the season ended. Why hasn’t Bradley been hired and Cable, Bevell been canned yet??!! ;)

FIFY
    mikeak
    NET Veteran

• Breaking news: Bradley is returning to the Chargers. :(

James in PA
    NET Starter

• Not a disaster. Our defense has been underrated with Richard considering all the injuries.
    GO HAWKS!!!

Visit my Seahawks blog at 17power.blogspot.com!
    MontanaHawk05
    * 17Power Blogger *

• Welp that kinda sucks. More from the perspective of Gus potentially replacing Cable as AHC and Cable moving on than from a defensive perspective IMO
    adeltaY
    NET Veteran

• James in PA wrote:Breaking news: Bradley is returning to the Chargers. :(

Shouldn't even friggen matter. Fire Cable, make Richard assistant head coach put Bevell on 1 year notice with the run game now and find the best oline coach available. Also fire any scout involved in the last few oline drafts and move on GD it!! :x
    Seymour
    NET Veteran

• Heck at this point I’d be interested at Gus Bradley at OL coach, running game coordinator or OC!
    brimsalabim
    NET Veteran

• Seymour wrote:
    James in PA wrote:Breaking news: Bradley is returning to the Chargers. :(

Shouldn't even friggen matter. Fire Cable, make Richard assistant head coach put Bevell on 1 year notice with the run game now and find the best oline coach available. Also fire any scout involved in the last few oline drafts and move on GD it!! :x

This. So much this.
    adeltaY
    NET Veteran

• No body commented on my hilarious stat about Gus Bradley's record... :cry:

I'd like to have DCs who specialize in skills outside of what they learned under PC... Dan Quinn for example.

Richard is a fine DC, and we would be lucky to have him as DC if we ever lost PC, but it's a little redundant to have your DC be a secondary expert when PC is that expert. The best DC for our team is someone who can get the most out of the DLINE. We had WAYYY more talent at DLINE than we've ever had, yet they played average.

Look at the DLINE play under Quinn; he got so much more out of them.

"We all we got, we all we need"
    lukerguy
    NET Veteran

• As long as we keep those corner blitzes that kept working later in the season I’ll be happy!

They were absolutely marvellous to watch.
    Richard Sherman wrote:People look forward to writing us off. Our demise was greatly overstated.
    original poster
    * NET Moderator *

• original poster wrote:As long as we keep those corner blitzes that kept working later in the season I’ll be happy!

They were absolutely marvellous to watch.

I loved seeing that as well.
    I was shocked when I saw that in fact.
    With a healthy/exp D I think KR may be a pretty good DC.
    IndyHawk
    NET Veteran

• IrishNW wrote:
    Seanhawk wrote:Ugh. Not a fan of this. Bradley's defenses had the same deficiencies as Richard's. Lateral move at best. Then the possibility of grooming him as the next head coach? Double ugh.

Gus Bradley had the least amount of talent out of all of our coordinators. When Dan Quinn took over we added Mike Bennett and Cliff Avril. I think you could make the case that Gus Bradley actually got the most bang for your buck.

This is true. I like the move. I am wondering who else on the coaching staff is going to change. I do not think the blood letting is done.
    BigBill1945
    NET Veteran

• As he resigned with San Diego I'm going to move this to NFL Nation :2thumbs:
    Richard Sherman wrote:People look forward to writing us off. Our demise was greatly overstated.
    original poster
    * NET Moderator *

Previous

It is currently Thu Jan 18, 2018 11:49 am

Please REGISTER to become a member

Return to [ NFL NATION ]

Information