Seahawks.NET AMAZON STOREFRONT

Vikings got Sheldon

Discuss any and all NFL-related topics and matters of interest here. LANGUAGE RATING: PG-13
Vikings got Sheldon
Wed Mar 14, 2018 12:03 pm

• Title edited by Pmedic920
    To reflect signing.
    Please use this thread for all SR comments.
    Will soon be moved to NFL forum.
    “Well, they’re going to have to stop all of us. You feel me. I’m a piece to it, but we’ve got some dogs.”
    Str8OuttaSkittles
    NET Starter

Re: vikings after sheldon
Wed Mar 14, 2018 12:04 pm
  • not too fussed if he demands big money and we can get suh the same or cheaper factoring in the comp pick too
    “Well, they’re going to have to stop all of us. You feel me. I’m a piece to it, but we’ve got some dogs.”
    Str8OuttaSkittles
    NET Starter

Wed Mar 14, 2018 1:46 pm
  • Who gets more Suh or Richardson?
    I bet both get $12-$14M APY
    Wenhawk
    .NET Owner

Wed Mar 14, 2018 3:10 pm
  • Vikings don't have the money to offer Richardson much without moving a bunch of money around.

They'll have roughly $10m after Cousins and draft picks.
    drrew
    NET Veteran

Thu Mar 15, 2018 12:10 am
  • Wenhawk wrote:Who gets more Suh or Richardson?

Suh will get considerably more.

The fact Sheldon is still on the market with reportedly only two teams interested, I say he ends up under $10M. Suh will be more in the $15M bracket I suspect.
    www.hawk-talk.com

Richard Sherman wrote:People look forward to writing us off. Our demise was greatly overstated.
    original poster
    * NET Moderator *

Thu Mar 15, 2018 8:06 am
  • original poster wrote:
    Wenhawk wrote:Who gets more Suh or Richardson?

The fact Sheldon is still on the market with reportedly only two teams interested, I say he ends up under $10M. Suh will be more in the $15M bracket I suspect.

If we can get Sheldon for under $10 million, I'd love to see him back.
    Radish and Cheinhill — Gone, but not forgotten
    HawkFan72
    * NET Moderator *

Thu Mar 15, 2018 8:29 am
  • HawkFan72 wrote:
    original poster wrote:
    Wenhawk wrote:Who gets more Suh or Richardson?

If we can get Sheldon for under $10 million, I'd love to see him back.

If we can get Suh for under $10M, I would have his baby! And that would be hard to do as I'm a guy! HA! :irishdrinkers:
    kf3339
    NET Veteran

Re: Vikings after Sheldon
Thu Mar 15, 2018 8:31 am
  • I don't even know why I'm asking this question, but is there anyway Suh and Sheldon can both be had? Not really an expert on the NFL cap yet.
    GLio14
    NET Rookie

Thu Mar 15, 2018 8:36 am
  • GLio14 wrote:I don't even know why I'm asking this question, but is there anyway Suh and Sheldon can both be had? Not really an expert on the NFL cap yet.

Probably only if they took deals like Avril and Bennett took in 2013.

In other words, not likely. If they both want over $10 million, there's only room for one.
    Radish and Cheinhill — Gone, but not forgotten
    HawkFan72
    * NET Moderator *

Thu Mar 15, 2018 8:36 am
  • Sheldon wasn't near the player I expected him to be coming over from the Jets. Lack luster pass rush and teams were running the ball all over us. Its Suh or bust for me. I'd rather them do nothing and save the cap space for 2019 then overpay SR.
    RCATES
    NET Starter

Thu Mar 15, 2018 8:55 am
  • I think if Sheldon is in the 10 range and Suh is in the 14 range you go with Suh because he’s better and it nets you a comp pick . If Sheldon has no market and you can get him significantly under value for multiple years you go that way because he’s a few years younger than Suh.
    Kinger95
    NET Practice Squad

Thu Mar 15, 2018 8:56 am
  • Come on Sheldon, go get a massive contract somewhere so we can get a 3rd rd comp pick.
    R.I.P. THE EDGAR, YOU WILL BE MISSED......
    SoulfishHawk
    NET Veteran

Thu Mar 15, 2018 9:24 am
  • SoulfishHawk wrote:Come on Sheldon, go get a massive contract somewhere so we can get a 3rd rd comp pick.

What will it take to get a 3rd? 12 million+
    RCATES
    NET Starter

Thu Mar 15, 2018 9:26 am
  • SoulfishHawk wrote:Come on Sheldon, go get a massive contract somewhere so we can get a 3rd rd comp pick.

710 said this morning that Richardson was offered 11 by Seattle and he wants 15.

Screw that if it is true.
    Seymour
    NET Veteran

Thu Mar 15, 2018 9:26 am
    DJrmb
    NET Veteran

Thu Mar 15, 2018 9:27 am
  • “Well, they’re going to have to stop all of us. You feel me. I’m a piece to it, but we’ve got some dogs.”
    Str8OuttaSkittles
    NET Starter

Thu Mar 15, 2018 9:29 am
  • What if we don't sign Sheldon or Suh lol
    King Dog
    NET Veteran

Thu Mar 15, 2018 9:34 am
  • 11m for Sheldon? What a risk that would be. Doesn’t seem worth that amount of cash to me.
    Coug_Hawk08
    NET Veteran

Thu Mar 15, 2018 9:34 am
  • King Dog wrote:What if we don't sign Sheldon or Suh lol

ima go pay JS a visit :rumble:
    Str8OuttaSkittles
    NET Starter

Thu Mar 15, 2018 9:38 am

Seymour
    NET Veteran

Thu Mar 15, 2018 9:40 am
  • Coug_Hawk08 wrote:11m for Sheldon? What a risk that would be. Doesn’t seem worth that amount of cash to me.

He wants $15 Mil
    dutchcoug
    NET Veteran

Thu Mar 15, 2018 9:40 am
  • Hoping Vikings will take Sheldon, then we sign Suh.

++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++
    ++ You can call me a homer, but I am not the only one ++
    ++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++
    toffee
    NET Veteran

Thu Mar 15, 2018 9:43 am
  • toffee wrote:Hoping Vikings will take Sheldon, then we sign Suh.

If $11 million is all we can do, we're probably not going to be signing Suh, either.

So yeah, Naz Jones, I hope you're up to the task of being the starter.
    GO HAWKS!!!

Visit my Seahawks blog at 17power.blogspot.com!
    MontanaHawk05
    * 17Power Blogger *

Thu Mar 15, 2018 9:44 am
  • DJrmb wrote:

That sucks because I'd like to see Sheldon back, but that's way too much and I really hope the Seahawks don't do that (I don't think they will).
    Chapow
    NET Veteran

Thu Mar 15, 2018 9:45 am
  • If that report is true, he's looking for Fletcher Cox $$$ and is not Fletcher Cox. Give Suh that type of money and get a 3rd round comp for his 1 year of service.
    mistaowen
    NET Veteran

Thu Mar 15, 2018 9:47 am

Malik McDowell would be nice.
    massari
    NET Veteran

Thu Mar 15, 2018 9:47 am
  • 15 lmao, hard pass.

Give me suh at 15 before Sheldon anytime. Ideally Suh cheaper than 15 but no way I'm paying the same for Sheldon that I am Suh
    flmmkrz
    NET Veteran

Thu Mar 15, 2018 9:49 am
  • DJrmb wrote:

If he wants that kind of money, I wish him the best. We don't need to spend that type of cash on a Defensive Tackle. Time to start thinking outside the box on this one, because if Richardson wants $15 million, so does Suh and I wouldn't pay it for either of them.

“You can please some of the people all of the time, you can please all of the people some of the time, but you can’t please all of the people all of the time”

:les: Check your PM's....We miss you :les:
    kidhawk
    * NET Moderator *

Thu Mar 15, 2018 9:51 am
  • Chapow wrote:
    DJrmb wrote:

That sucks because I'd like to see Sheldon back, but that's way too much and I really hope the Seahawks don't do that (I don't think they will).

I'd feel uncomfortable paying him the 11 based off what he provided last year. That was a contract year as well. He had a reputation for taking plays off in NY. 15 is straight up moronic.
    RCATES
    NET Starter

Thu Mar 15, 2018 9:51 am
  • MontanaHawk05 wrote:
    toffee wrote:Hoping Vikings will take Sheldon, then we sign Suh.

If $11 million is all we can do, we're probably not going to be signing Suh, either.

So yeah, Naz Jones, I hope you're up to the task of being the starter.

11 is all we can do for THAT player, and rightfully so. He is 1 strike away from suspension, and showed he will vacate his gap for huge gaines at times. Suh is a way better run stopped, pass rusher and far superior numbers. They will pay him more obviously.

I find it funny people think Suh is the one with character issues.

Jets DL Sheldon Richardson leads police on 143 MPH chase with 12-year-old in car; suspended 3 fewer games than Tom Brady
    Last edited by Seymour on Thu Mar 15, 2018 9:54 am, edited 1 time in total.
    Seymour
    NET Veteran

Thu Mar 15, 2018 9:52 am
  • It kind of makes me sick that GB got Wilkerson for 5M or whatever. What a smoking deal.
    King Dog
    NET Veteran

Thu Mar 15, 2018 9:53 am
  • mistaowen wrote:If that report is true, he's looking for Fletcher Cox $$$ and is not Fletcher Cox. Give Suh that type of money and get a 3rd round comp for his 1 year of service.

Suh will find more money somewhere else.

That 3rd round comp pick (and it could be a 4th rounder given the constant rise in contracts) won't be much consolation for losing Sheldon, McDowell, AND Bennett, along with the possibility of Suh.
    GO HAWKS!!!

Visit my Seahawks blog at 17power.blogspot.com!
    MontanaHawk05
    * 17Power Blogger *

Thu Mar 15, 2018 9:53 am
  • kidhawk wrote:
    DJrmb wrote:

If he wants that kind of money, I wish him the best. We don't need to spend that type of cash on a Defensive Tackle. Time to start thinking outside the box on this one, because if Richardson wants $15 million, so does Suh and I wouldn't pay it for either of them.

One thing to keep in mind is that "15m per year" doesn't really mean 15m per year necessarily in the NFL. They could sign him to a 15m per year contract that only pays him 11m over the first 2-3 years and have it back loaded with the ability to get out of it without too much dead money. If it's structured like that then I'd be fine with 15m APY.
    DJrmb
    NET Veteran

Thu Mar 15, 2018 9:59 am
  • DJrmb wrote:
    kidhawk wrote:
    DJrmb wrote:

One thing to keep in mind is that "15m per year" doesn't really mean 15m per year necessarily in the NFL. They could sign him to a 15m per year contract that only pays him 11m over the first 2-3 years and have it back loaded with the ability to get out of it without too much dead money. If it's structured like that then I'd be fine with 15m APY.

yeah pretty sure Sheldon isn't looking to get a backloaded contract where he isn't paid.
    flmmkrz
    NET Veteran

Thu Mar 15, 2018 10:06 am
  • flmmkrz wrote:
    DJrmb wrote:
    kidhawk wrote:
    DJrmb wrote:

yeah pretty sure Sheldon isn't looking to get a backloaded contract where he isn't paid.

I'm sure he won't prefer that but it happens all the time in the NFL. Kam, Sherman, and Earl were all back-loaded contracts when Seattle extended them originally. Sometimes the players get hung up on how big the APY looks and overlook the structure... It's not really that uncommon if you look.
    DJrmb
    NET Veteran

Thu Mar 15, 2018 10:11 am
  • Take care Sheldon, go get that $. No way can the Hawks afford to pay that. And 11 is a really good offer.
    R.I.P. THE EDGAR, YOU WILL BE MISSED......
    SoulfishHawk
    NET Veteran

Thu Mar 15, 2018 10:12 am
  • DJrmb wrote:
    flmmkrz wrote:
    DJrmb wrote:
    kidhawk wrote:

I'm sure he won't prefer that but it happens all the time in the NFL. Kam, Sherman, and Earl were all back-loaded contracts when Seattle extended them originally. Sometimes the players get hung up on how big the APY looks and overlook the structure... It's not really that uncommon if you look.

Players coming off their rookie deals are more likely to take back loaded contracts because they are still young and can see themselves playing out that contract. Once you start staring 30 in the face, players want more guaranteed money. If Richardson wants $15 million, he's going to want a good chunk up front. I don't see it happening. Of course, what he wants, and what teams will offer him may be two very different things, only time will tell.

“You can please some of the people all of the time, you can please all of the people some of the time, but you can’t please all of the people all of the time”

kidhawk
    * NET Moderator *

Thu Mar 15, 2018 10:21 am
  • If Richardson is firm @ wanting $15 mil he won't likely be signed in Seattle. Any deal here would need to be back end loaded.
    which I suppose is possible but not likely. I'd let him sign elsewhere if that is what he is firm at wanting. Guaranteed money will win the daay.

As you say though time will tell.

Bring on Suh!
    Until we develop a pass rush that will cause opposing teams to be forced to scheme to defend it we will never be able to consistently take the final step. The interior rush needs improvement. The OLine clearly still needs work.

Super Bowl XLVIII Champions at last after 38 seasons. Awesome!!!
    jammerhawk
    NET Veteran

Thu Mar 15, 2018 10:44 am
  • 3.5 sacks = 15 mill ? damn even 11 mill is too high .. we gotta grab suh does 10x more imo
    Str8OuttaSkittles
    NET Starter

Thu Mar 15, 2018 11:01 am
  • MontanaHawk05 wrote:
    mistaowen wrote:If that report is true, he's looking for Fletcher Cox $$$ and is not Fletcher Cox. Give Suh that type of money and get a 3rd round comp for his 1 year of service.

Suh will find more money somewhere else.

That 3rd round comp pick (and it could be a 4th rounder given the constant rise in contracts) won't be much consolation for losing Sheldon, McDowell, AND Bennett, along with the possibility of Suh.

True, my thought on not paying SR is assuming Suh is in the same ballpark and realistic. I would feel more comfortable giving Suh a bit more given he's still playing at a ridiculous level without ever having much of a supporting cast. If he still wants to get around $20 mil for whoever offers then not much anyone can do. Early indications sound like it was a positive conversation with Pete and defensive players, I'm sure he's gonna mull over all possible destinations. He solidifies the middle for a few seasons so is worth the commitment IMO.
    Last edited by mistaowen on Thu Mar 15, 2018 11:04 am, edited 1 time in total.
    mistaowen
    NET Veteran

Thu Mar 15, 2018 11:03 am
  • King Dog wrote:It kind of makes me sick that GB got Wilkerson for 5M or whatever. What a smoking deal.

Me too :x

But don't worry I heard Suh will also only get 7 to 12 mill.
    [youtube]Jzfoyhx26no&t=211s[/youtube]

Why does it not work?
    "It's payback, Russell Wilson falling way back, in the draft, turn nothing into something"
    "Pretty soon DirectTV is going to be using our o-line as an example of what can happen when you cut Cable."
    rossob
    NET Rookie

Thu Mar 15, 2018 11:10 am
  • rossob wrote:
    King Dog wrote:It kind of makes me sick that GB got Wilkerson for 5M or whatever. What a smoking deal.

Me too :x

But don't worry I heard Suh will also only get 7 to 12 mill.
    [youtube]Jzfoyhx26no&t=211s[/youtube]

Why does it not work?

remove variable '&t=211s'

p.s.

$11m for Sheldon is a joke. Dude must be a legend in his own mind because he's only worth $5-7m based on his 2017 performance (average DT or, being generous, slightly above-average).

Suh is worth every penny of $15m based on past performance (top 3 DT every year he has played), and probable future performance for 2-3 more years.
    Last edited by renofox on Thu Mar 15, 2018 11:14 am, edited 1 time in total.
    renofox
    NET Veteran

Thu Mar 15, 2018 11:11 am
  • update **
    Str8OuttaSkittles
    NET Starter

Thu Mar 15, 2018 11:16 am
  • Str8OuttaSkittles wrote:update **

to add to that update he also says....

kidhawk
    * NET Moderator *

Thu Mar 15, 2018 11:20 am
  • kidhawk wrote:
    Str8OuttaSkittles wrote:update **

to add to that update he also says....

This is interesting. His cost could be a lot lower than any of us thought. If they somehow pulled off Suh and Richardson would you move Richardson to mostly DE and play Clark, Reed, Suh, Richardson? Or is he strictly a DT?
    DJrmb
    NET Veteran

Thu Mar 15, 2018 11:21 am
  • And another one gone another one gone another one bites the dust

Adam Schefter

Verified account

@AdamSchefter
    13m13 minutes ago
    More
    Panthers giving former Falcons’ DT Dontari Poe a three-year deal, per source.

39 replies 216 retweets 373 likes
    Reply 39 Retweet 216 Like 373 Direct message
    King Dog
    NET Veteran

Thu Mar 15, 2018 11:22 am

Sign Dontari Poe

or take fliers on one of these guys

Sharrif Floyd
    Nick Fairley
    Beenie Logan
    Dominique Easley
    Phil Taylor
    Wenhawk
    .NET Owner

Thu Mar 15, 2018 11:25 am

Thu Mar 15, 2018 11:25 am
  • if its between him and suh and sheldon is wanting 11mil "crazy imo" id be asking suh what it would take to get him here
    Str8OuttaSkittles
    NET Starter

Thu Mar 15, 2018 11:26 am
  • Wenhawk wrote:
    King Dog wrote:What if we don't sign Sheldon or Suh lol

Sign Dontari Poe

or take fliers on one of these guys

Sharrif Floyd
    Nick Fairley
    Beenie Logan
    Dominique Easley
    Phil Taylor

Poe is signing with the Panthers. I don't think Fairley is even cleared to play with his heart condition. Not sure on that though.
    King Dog
    NET Veteran

Next

It is currently Thu Oct 18, 2018 4:23 pm

Please REGISTER to become a member

Return to [ NFL NATION ]

Information