Seahawks.NET AMAZON STOREFRONT

Congrats Drew Brees...

Discuss any and all NFL-related topics and matters of interest here. LANGUAGE RATING: PG-13
Congrats Drew Brees...
Mon Oct 08, 2018 5:53 pm
  • Surpasses Peyton Manning's all-time passing yards record in style... with a 62-yard touchdown pass. Congrats man. Sheesh, time flies. I remember when he was a rook, and it seems like yesterday. Congrats Drew, you deserve it!
    Image
    "Tackling is an attitude. You have to want to." Kam Chancellor

    RIP Les
    :les:
    User avatar
    BlueThunder
    *Net Enemy Forum Guy*
     
    Posts: 3547
    Joined: Fri May 01, 2009 4:39 am
    Location: Arlington, Washington


Re: Congrats Drew Brees...
Mon Oct 08, 2018 6:04 pm
  • Well deserved. Best thing about Brees is his humility. Congrats Drew.
    User avatar
    hawkfan68
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 7292
    Joined: Sat Mar 03, 2007 11:10 am
    Location: Sammamish, WA


Re: Congrats Drew Brees...
Mon Oct 08, 2018 6:08 pm


  • There’s plenty of reaction around the league as you might expect, including from Seattle Seahawks QB Russell Wilson, who has looked at Brees as an inspirational figure for his own career.

    Drew... you have inspired me. Grateful for you for doing it for the "Short Guys." @DrewBrees

    — Russell Wilson (@DangeRussWilson) October 9, 2018
    Image
    In 180 games, Walter Jones was called for 9 holding penalties in the course of 5,703 pass plays.
    First Round Inductee To Hall Of Fame 2014
    ESPN #1 Rated Seahawks Player of All Time
    User avatar
    KitsapGuy
    * NET Staff *
     
    Posts: 5094
    Joined: Fri Feb 23, 2007 12:09 pm
    Location: Kitsap County


Re: Congrats Drew Brees...
Mon Oct 08, 2018 6:54 pm
  • KitsapGuy wrote:

    There’s plenty of reaction around the league as you might expect, including from Seattle Seahawks QB Russell Wilson, who has looked at Brees as an inspirational figure for his own career.

    Drew... you have inspired me. Grateful for you for doing it for the "Short Guys." @DrewBrees

    — Russell Wilson (@DangeRussWilson) October 9, 2018


    Loving what Russ said! Hoping that one day both Drew and Russ will sit in HOF.

    ++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++
    ++ You can call me a homer, but I am not the only one ++
    ++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++
    toffee
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 1200
    Joined: Sun Oct 09, 2016 7:44 pm


Re: Congrats Drew Brees...
Mon Oct 08, 2018 11:33 pm
  • Too short. He'll never make it.
    User avatar
    GeekHawk
    US Navy ET Nuc
     
    Posts: 6449
    Joined: Thu Apr 30, 2009 6:29 pm
    Location: Orting WA, Great Northwet


Re: Congrats Drew Brees...
Wed Oct 10, 2018 9:42 am
  • Underrated GOAT. Put him on teams that had the same defenses Manning or Brady had and he’d have multiple rings.
    User avatar
    5_Golden_Rings
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 1348
    Joined: Fri Sep 10, 2010 7:38 am


Re: Congrats Drew Brees...
Sat Oct 13, 2018 3:49 pm
  • 5_Golden_Rings wrote:Underrated GOAT. Put him on teams that had the same defenses Manning or Brady had and he’d have multiple rings.


    Yup... The same story for many QB's. Dan Marino anyone?
    Image
    "Tackling is an attitude. You have to want to." Kam Chancellor

    RIP Les
    :les:
    User avatar
    BlueThunder
    *Net Enemy Forum Guy*
     
    Posts: 3547
    Joined: Fri May 01, 2009 4:39 am
    Location: Arlington, Washington


Re: Congrats Drew Brees...
Sun Oct 14, 2018 2:53 pm
  • His next milestone is 500 TDs. He currently sits at 499. He will be in Baltimore next week to reach that 500th TD. I will be at that game.
    ~ HOLY CATFISH ~
    User avatar
    MD5eahawks
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 785
    Joined: Thu Nov 21, 2013 5:10 pm
    Location: Baltimore, Maryland


Re: Congrats Drew Brees...
Sun Oct 14, 2018 4:08 pm
  • BlueThunder wrote:
    5_Golden_Rings wrote:Underrated GOAT. Put him on teams that had the same defenses Manning or Brady had and he’d have multiple rings.


    Yup... The same story for many QB's. Dan Marino anyone?

    Bill Walsh once said something like "Joe Montana is a system QB. Dan Marino is a system." Marino's 5,000 yard 48 TD season would be like a 6,000 yard, 60 TD season today. The next highest guy that year had 28 TDs.
    User avatar
    5_Golden_Rings
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 1348
    Joined: Fri Sep 10, 2010 7:38 am


Re: Congrats Drew Brees...
Mon Oct 15, 2018 7:33 pm
  • 5_Golden_Rings wrote:
    BlueThunder wrote:
    5_Golden_Rings wrote:Underrated GOAT. Put him on teams that had the same defenses Manning or Brady had and he’d have multiple rings.


    Yup... The same story for many QB's. Dan Marino anyone?

    Bill Walsh once said something like "Joe Montana is a system QB. Dan Marino is a system." Marino's 5,000 yard 48 TD season would be like a 6,000 yard, 60 TD season today. The next highest guy that year had 28 TDs.

    Marino’s problem wasn’t a lack of defense, it was the lack of a run game. It was comical, they never got Dan a running back and so he had to pass like it was going out of style. That is what killed him (and the Dolphins).
    El Caliente
    NET Rookie
     
    Posts: 203
    Joined: Thu Sep 04, 2014 12:45 pm


Re: Congrats Drew Brees...
Mon Oct 15, 2018 9:40 pm
  • It's a damned travesty that Marino never got a ring.

    Also, pending congratulations for Mr. Brees. :) I wonder if Peyton will release another video, lol.
    Image
    "VICTORYYYYYYY!" -Johnny Drama
    User avatar
    RolandDeschain
    * Spelling High Lord *
     
    Posts: 30011
    Joined: Fri May 01, 2009 8:39 am
    Location: Phoenix, AZ




It is currently Mon Nov 12, 2018 2:18 pm

Please REGISTER to become a member

Return to [ NFL NATION ]




Information
  • Who is online
  • Users browsing this forum: mrt144 and 60 guests