Another kicker lost a game

BigBill1945

Reaction score
that should have been won. I really hate having to rely on a kicker to win the game. We have seen time and time again how many games are won and lost with kicker. Watching the end of the Bears game made me sick.

Maulbert

Reaction score
BigBill1945":wd75ttbv said:
that should have been won. I really hate having to rely on a kicker to win the game. We have seen time and time again how many games are won and lost with kicker. Watching the end of the Bears game made me sick.

Only highlights that kickers are necessary and you can't just skimp at the position.

SantaClaraHawk

Reaction score
Maulbert":339yhd7l said:
BigBill1945":339yhd7l said:

Only highlights that kickers are necessary and you can't just skimp at the position.

I agree. Kickers are responsible for scoring, or not scoring, more points by themselves individually over games than any other player.

It's not strictly a function of age. Adam Vinatieri is 46 and still producing for the Colts. Phil Dawson was near 40 when he got the 49ers to the NFCCG in 2013 against SEA. The 49ers absolutely would not have gotten to the game without him.

Spending extra on kickers and backups makes football sense.