Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Niners are going to the Super Bowl

Discuss any and all NFL-related topics. Ex-Seahawks fall into NFL topics. LANGUAGE: PG-13
Re: Niners are going to the Super Bowl
Mon Jan 20, 2020 6:45 pm
  • MD5eahawks wrote:Congrats to the 49ers faithful here at .Net!
    Best of luck to you. I won't be rooting for either team. I will just be enjoying it as a good game. Both teams deserve to be there.

Thanks. That is classy of you.
    SanDiego49er
    NET Veteran

Mon Jan 20, 2020 6:51 pm
  • I really think the 49ers will win, and that's not a bad thing tossing our rivalry aside, who played them tougher twice that just about anyone in the NFC, we had the horses if we had health to be right there.

Tip of the hat to them as a football team, besides it time for Reid to Choke again in the big game of the season.
    chris98251
    .NET Hijacker

Mon Jan 20, 2020 7:48 pm
  • chris98251 wrote:I really think the 49ers will win, and that's not a bad thing tossing our rivalry aside, who played them tougher twice that just about anyone in the NFC, we had the horses if we had health to be right there.

Tip of the hat to them as a football team, besides it time for Reid to Choke again in the big game of the season.

I think our defense can hold them down enough to be in this game to possibly win. The people that are counting us out are wrong in the media and on message boards too. Mahomes has not seen a defense like ours this year. Especially now more healthy than the regular season. We are more full strength on defense now. Also our offense scores a lot too. We have some pretty decent weapons in Emmanuel Sanders, Deebo Samuel, George Kittle and Mostert. We can and will score too and KC is not that great on defense. They especially lack on run defense which is bad for them. Because our offensive line is big and loves to run block.

Sure Mahomes is great and can win. But I just think honestly if you look at the total overall team I think ours is slightly better than theirs. Anything could happen. Either one could win. But I don't think we are out of it like some people are predicting by any means.

Yeah your team is really good. You got hit pretty hard by injuries this year. It happens to everybody. You just got to reset for next year, get healthy, draft well, add a few free agents and give it another go. IMO you always have a chance with Russell Wilson and Pete Carroll. The thing with your team is you play us like it's the Super Bowl every game. They must be very motivated in the division and specifically against the 49ers. Because I don't see them playing like this against the Packers. They play like it's the last snap of their life against the 49ers. Which is frustrating as a 49ers fan. But you really can't fault a rival for giving their best. In sportsmanship I guess you just have to admire it.

:D
    SanDiego49er
    NET Veteran

Mon Jan 20, 2020 8:48 pm
  • I was glad to see the rivalry heat up, but man, I didn't think it'd happen so fast when it did.

The parity thing? It won't happen for some years yet. Armstead won't be available for real.

Maybe they'll be amenable on Solomon Thomas. And we might just take it Solly, whose only a bust relative to the 9ers front four. He's still done more than most of ours.
    SantaClaraHawk
    NET Veteran

Mon Jan 20, 2020 8:55 pm
  • SantaClaraHawk wrote:I was glad to see the rivalry heat up, but man, I didn't think it'd happen so fast when it did.

The parity thing? It won't happen for some years yet. Armstead won't be available for real.

Maybe they'll be amenable on Solomon Thomas. And we might just take it Solly, whose only a bust relative to the 9ers front four. He's still done more than most of ours.

Armstead will likely get the Franchise Tag for at least 1 year to prove he can do it multiple years in a row. I'm not sure if we sign him long term or not. But I would be shocked if they don't Franchise Tag him after this year. Solomon Thomas you can have. And depending on your system or front he may or may not be good for you. IMO in our scheme he is a little out of position or in the wrong scheme for his talents. That doesn't mean he can't be good somewhere else depending on their scheme and what exactly they want him to do. For us he plays a little out of position in a role that is not ideal for him.
    SanDiego49er
    NET Veteran

Mon Jan 20, 2020 10:11 pm
  • I think the tide has turned for the Seahawks vs the Niners. Seattle dominance is over. Team has better front office, coaches, with faster, bigger, younger players. I think Pete Carroll now days does more damage than good,
    Last 3 games vs SF:

Nick Mullens lead Niners over Seahawks
    Beat the Niners in OT. Their new kicker gave Seahawk a chance by missing GW fg
    Lost to Niners giving Niners NFC West and bye week

Only position the Seahawks are superior at is QB and he can't do it himself.
    BITTER ROOT
    NET Bench Warmer

Mon Jan 20, 2020 10:13 pm
  • BITTER ROOT wrote:I think the tide has turned for the Seahawks vs the Niners. Seattle dominance is over. Team has better front office, coaches, with faster, bigger, younger players. I think Pete Carroll now days does more damage than good,
    Last 3 games vs SF:

I've been hearing eulogies for the Hawks for almost 5 years now. Hasn't happened yet.
    Maulbert
    NET Veteran

Mon Jan 20, 2020 11:31 pm
  • BITTER ROOT wrote:I think the tide has turned for the Seahawks vs the Niners. Seattle dominance is over. Team has better front office, coaches, with faster, bigger, younger players. I think Pete Carroll now days does more damage than good,
    Last 3 games vs SF:

Been ignoring your debut of negativity, but echo the sentiment that you can go ahead and write us off everyone seems to every year since 2015, since you only have the 4 posts it won't be hard to find a new board / team since you have invested so little to date.
    chris98251
    .NET Hijacker

Tue Jan 21, 2020 3:53 am
  • chris98251 wrote:I really think the 49ers will win, and that's not a bad thing tossing our rivalry aside, who played them tougher twice that just about anyone in the NFC, we had the horses if we had health to be right there.

That's got to be anti-Mahomes bias. Mahomes is Football Jesus. Even if Garoppolo plays the best game of his life and the 49ers score 48 again, the Kansas City Mahomes will score 50. And odds are Garoppolo will hand the ball to the Mahomes one too many times anyway. This game was over the moment the Titans forgot to tackle Mahomes on that touchdown run.

Now I'm gonna go hibernate for few months to recuperate from the season ending on a loss.
    5_Golden_Rings
    NET Veteran

Tue Jan 21, 2020 6:29 am
  • MD5eahawks wrote:Congrats to the 49ers faithful here at .Net!
    Best of luck to you. I won't be rooting for either team. I will just be enjoying it as a good game. Both teams deserve to be there.

No home field advantage favors SF .
    xray
    NET Veteran

Tue Jan 21, 2020 9:12 am
  • 5_Golden_Rings wrote:
    chris98251 wrote:I really think the 49ers will win, and that's not a bad thing tossing our rivalry aside, who played them tougher twice that just about anyone in the NFC, we had the horses if we had health to be right there.

That's got to be anti-Mahomes bias. Mahomes is Football Jesus. Even if Garoppolo plays the best game of his life and the 49ers score 48 again, the Kansas City Mahomes will score 50. And odds are Garoppolo will hand the ball to the Mahomes one too many times anyway. This game was over the moment the Titans forgot to tackle Mahomes on that touchdown run.

Now I'm gonna go hibernate for few months to recuperate from the season ending on a loss.

Negative Nancy strikes again. Are you ever positive?
    Washington49er
    NET Veteran

Tue Jan 21, 2020 9:19 am
  • Congrats to your Niners. They earned it and were the best team in the NFC. I don't think the gap is nearly as big as many think, but they got extremely healthy at the right time and played their asses off. Flat out dominated the Pack.

Go Chiefs :lol:
    SoulfishHawk
    NET Pro Bowler

Tue Jan 21, 2020 10:48 am
  • The Joe Montana Bowl! Should be a good one!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    James in PA
    NET Veteran

Tue Jan 21, 2020 11:38 am

I honestly think they'll lose.

Mahomes man...he scares me. Its not that he's so good as a passer. Its that he can escape. That's been the Pass D's achilles heel all year. Thats why despite what I said outwardly, I was pretty sure the Niners were going to beat the brakes off the Packers.

This ain't that.

This game is strength vs strength....Niners Pass D vs Chiefs Pass O. Problem is Chiefs can contain that pass rush when Mahomes escapes and will have FAST WRs running deep. I have a feeling tho that people are really overlooking the Niner O vs the Chiefs D. I'm pretty sure the Chiefs will move the ball and score. The question is will the Niners be able to keep up.

I would LOVE to be wrong, but I just dunno if the Niners can slow down Mahomes enough to keep them in the game.
    Marvin49
    NET Veteran

Tue Jan 21, 2020 11:44 am
  • KC 30-27
    SoulfishHawk
    NET Pro Bowler

Tue Jan 21, 2020 12:04 pm
  • Marvin49 wrote:
    chris98251 wrote:I really think the 49ers will win, and that's not a bad thing tossing our rivalry aside, who played them tougher twice that just about anyone in the NFC, we had the horses if we had health to be right there.

I honestly think they'll lose.

Mahomes man...he scares me. Its not that he's so good as a passer. Its that he can escape. That's been the Pass D's achilles heel all year. Thats why despite what I said outwardly, I was pretty sure the Niners were going to beat the brakes off the Packers.

This ain't that.

This game is strength vs strength....Niners Pass D vs Chiefs Pass O. Problem is Chiefs can contain that pass rush when Mahomes escapes and will have FAST WRs running deep. I have a feeling tho that people are really overlooking the Niner O vs the Chiefs D. I'm pretty sure the Chiefs will move the ball and score. The question is will the Niners be able to keep up.

I would LOVE to be wrong, but I just dunno if the Niners can slow down Mahomes enough to keep them in the game.

Sad to say man, I wish I could say you are incorrect but I cant. This game can be close, but there is a possibility that it can get ugly. We have to contain Mahomes. I expect a Niners loss. If the niners win, man oh man
    rlkats
    NET Veteran

Tue Jan 21, 2020 5:02 pm
  • Mahomes can be really good, but at the same time he looks mortal against the very best defenses:

Patriots 3 times now (yes, even their win)
    Ravens twice
    Seahawks last year in Seattle

The mobile QB issue has diminished in each game, IMO.

Very curious to see how Saleh game plans for this one. Meaning, if things get hairy in the 4th quarter, will he have some surprise pressure packages?

Niners don't blitz a lot, but occasionally their blitzes can be sensational.

No lead feels safe.
    NINEster
    NET Veteran

Tue Jan 21, 2020 5:40 pm
  • Niners are a better team than Kansas City, top-to-bottom. K.C. isn't going to score seven straight TDs on the Niners defense.

I don't really see any reason that the Niners can't do a bunch of what they did to Green Bay to K.C.

That said, Mahomes isn't half-the-player on the road that he is at home, unlike Aaron Rodgers.

It should be a good game. The uglier it is, the more it benefits the Niners.

It wouldn't suck for Andy Reid to finally win one.
    nanomoz
    NET Veteran

Tue Jan 21, 2020 5:47 pm
  • 49ers can bring inside and outside pressure, Sherman is going to bait Mahomes just watch, what the 49ers can't do is allow their receivers to get to zone gaps and have space.
    chris98251
    .NET Hijacker

Wed Jan 22, 2020 2:06 am
  • KC has the 29th ranked run defense and the 6th ranked pass defense. If they can't stop the run then they'll need Mahomes to play lights out to have a chance.

This is where it gets dicey for the Niners. Jimmy G has 5 TDs and 6 Ints in 7 games against top 10 pass defenses. So If the Niners can't stop Mahomes and this turns into a track meet where they have to pass, then they'll be in the exact same situation as the Titans last week.

If the Niners can't control the clock with the running game and / or take Mahomes out of the game, I have a hard time seeing how they can win this.
    knownone
    NET Veteran

Wed Jan 22, 2020 2:12 am
  • PM/Chiefs can,have and will be beat.
    Same as with Peyton Manning teams..You run the ball with short passes
    mixed in and run the clock down..
    It forces them to be passing only..You have a defense!
    I have no problem saying the Niners win this one..Congrats
    IndyHawk
    NET Veteran

Wed Jan 22, 2020 11:32 am
  • Marvin49 wrote:This game is strength vs strength....Niners Pass D vs Chiefs Pass O. Problem is Chiefs can contain that pass rush when Mahomes escapes and will have FAST WRs running deep. I have a feeling tho that people are really overlooking the Niner O vs the Chiefs D. I'm pretty sure the Chiefs will move the ball and score. The question is will the Niners be able to keep up.

The only thing I'm absolutely 100% certain of is that 60 minutes of play two sundays from now is going to play WAY TOO LARGE OF A STUPIDLY OUTSIZED ROLE on the narrative of who Jimmy Garoppolo is as a QB.

If he has a game like he did against the Saints or the first time against Arizona he's going to magically lock in as one of the best QBs in the NFL.

If the run game is humming at an insane level and he has a game like he did against Vikings and Packers in the playoffs he's going to magically lock in as the modern day Trent Dilfer.

If he has a game like he did against the Seahawks the first time or against the Rams the second time he's going to magically lock in as the achilles heel of the 9ers and a QB you can't win with.

Whatever it is, people are going to draw way way way too much meaning from it.
    Popeyejones
    NET Veteran

Wed Jan 22, 2020 8:12 pm
  • Another thing will be confirmed, as well; the level of annoyance a typical 49ers fan imposes on the rest of the general populace.

;)
    RolandDeschain
    * Spelling High Lord *

Wed Jan 22, 2020 9:36 pm
  • Popeyejones wrote:
    Marvin49 wrote:This game is strength vs strength....Niners Pass D vs Chiefs Pass O. Problem is Chiefs can contain that pass rush when Mahomes escapes and will have FAST WRs running deep. I have a feeling tho that people are really overlooking the Niner O vs the Chiefs D. I'm pretty sure the Chiefs will move the ball and score. The question is will the Niners be able to keep up.

The only thing I'm absolutely 100% certain of is that 60 minutes of play two sundays from now is going to play WAY TOO LARGE OF A STUPIDLY OUTSIZED ROLE on the narrative of who Jimmy Garoppolo is as a QB.

If he has a game like he did against the Saints or the first time against Arizona he's going to magically lock in as one of the best QBs in the NFL.

If the run game is humming at an insane level and he has a game like he did against Vikings and Packers in the playoffs he's going to magically lock in as the modern day Trent Dilfer.

If he has a game like he did against the Seahawks the first time or against the Rams the second time he's going to magically lock in as the achilles heel of the 9ers and a QB you can't win with.

Whatever it is, people are going to draw way way way too much meaning from it.

Jimmy G is not nearly as bad as the hype I see on TV and hear on sports radio. They got him below Alex Smith game manger level. He is light years better than that. In fact the 2nd half of the season he carried us a lot because we had a lot of injuries. Some of those guys are now back for the playoffs and thus the better team that you see. But I've seen him go on the road at Saints and put up 48 points. I've seen him have 400 yards and 4TD's. He's a capable QB. More capable than the media gives him credit for.

We didn't stop running vs Green Bay because they weren't stopping it. Why would we stop running if they can't stop it? They gave us almost 300 yards on the ground. We would be fools not to take it if they will give that too us.

They got to hype something. So yeah Mahomes is great. And true Jimmy G is not as good as that. But most QB's aren't. Mahomes is one of the best QB's in the league. But it's team against team. It's not QB against QB. I think our team is better than them on the whole. Certainly on defense and on offensive line IMO. Jimmy G is capable. Honestly after watching years of Alex Smith and Kaepernick he is light years better than that and more capable than that. I mean back to reality here. He had just a sliver under 4,000 yards, greater than a 2:1 TD:Int ratio and a 102 rating. He also had four 4th quarter comebacks, won at New Orleans, won at Seattle, won many shootouts in the 2nd half of the season when we had injuries on defense. He's really not as bad as claimed. If a team is willing to give us almost 300 yards on the ground we will take it. But that doesn't mean Jimmy G can't play. He can. In New Orleans it was a shootout and he matched score for score with Brees and led a 4th quarter comeback. Nobody is claiming he is Mahomes. But he is good enough with the team we have and light years better than the Alex Smith game manager level to a 49ers fan who has watched for years.

Also as some said Mahomes is not as great away from KC sometimes. So we will see what happens. But I think we have a chance in this game. Maybe even a good chance. Of course KC has a chance too. Mahomes is great and they have a track team for WR corps.
    SanDiego49er
    NET Veteran

Thu Jan 23, 2020 7:37 am
  • Not only a chance, KC is going to win this game.
    SoulfishHawk
    NET Pro Bowler

Thu Jan 23, 2020 8:25 am
  • We've seen this before. An electric offense AFC West team with an MVP caliber QB takes on a tough, mean NFC West team with a great running game and defense. 43-8.

SF is a significant step up in weight class compared to anything KC has faced. Just as Seattle was to Denver.
    kobebryant
    NET Veteran

Thu Jan 23, 2020 8:46 am
  • The Saints put up almost a 50 burger on them.
    SoulfishHawk
    NET Pro Bowler

Thu Jan 23, 2020 10:00 am
  • SoulfishHawk wrote:The Saints put up almost a 50 burger on them.

I think KC wins, but people keep quoting that number. That was in the dome, in the third week of a Packers/Ravens/Saints stretch, last 2 on the road, and the Niners were down Ford, Tartt, and Alexander.
    Marvin49
    NET Veteran

Thu Jan 23, 2020 11:22 am
  • kobebryant wrote:We've seen this before. An electric offense AFC West team with an MVP caliber QB takes on a tough, mean NFC West team with a great running game and defense. 43-8.

SF is a significant step up in weight class compared to anything KC has faced. Just as Seattle was to Denver.

Ya know what I find interesting?

I'm in no way going to try and argue that Garoppolo is in Mahomes class. He's not.

...but what really surprises me is the assumption that KCs offense is so unstoppable and what the Niner D will have to do to have any hope of containing it.

Meanwhile:

KC: #6 ranked offense, 379.2 yards per game, 28.2 points per game.
    SF: #4 ranked offense, 381.1 yards per game, 29.9 points per game.

Now I get that there will be an argument made that KC didn't have Mahomes for a few games and Tyreek as well, but its not like the 49ers weren't down both tackles for stretches of the season, lost both their TE and FB for a stretch and didn't have Emmanuel Sanders for the entire first half of the season. Additionally, in the games Mahomes missed, they still scored 30, 31, and 26 points.

Moreover, the Pass D's of the Texans and Titans were 29th and 24th in the NFL respectively.

How 'bout Defense:
    KC: #17 ranked defense, 349.6 yards per game, 19.2 points per game
    SF: #2 ranked defense, 281.8 yards per game, 19.4 points per game

I also hear that the KC Defense has been playing lights out down the stretch (particularly against the run) and that the 49ers defense has been leaking. Lets leave injuries out of it (tho there is a huge argument to be made RE Ford, Tartt and Alexander) and just look at the teams they played over the final 6 weeks of the regular season.

KC: Chargers, Raiders, Patriots, Broncos, Bears, Chargers (one playoff team with a challenged offense)
    SF: Packers, Ravens, Saints, Falcons, Rams, Seahawks (four playoff teams and defending NFC Champion)

One of these things is not like the other.

Now I still think KC wins, but its been real interesting seeing the national narrative about these two teams and what people decide to assign value to when making an argument.
    Marvin49
    NET Veteran

Thu Jan 23, 2020 1:49 pm
  • The KC offense is very different from the Broncos offense we played against in the Super Bowl, there's really no comparison here for that, IMO.

I think there's zero chance 49ers win comfortably. They may very well win, but it won't be by several scores.
    RolandDeschain
    * Spelling High Lord *

Thu Jan 23, 2020 2:32 pm
  • SoulfishHawk wrote:The Saints put up almost a 50 burger on them.

With injuries all over the field to our starting defense. Obviously you don't know much about the 49ers roster. Because that was the most injured point of our season. And we put 48 on them. They put 46 on us and LOST..... :D

We have a lot of guys back on defense now who were not playing then. Totally different team. Much better defense now more healthy.
    SanDiego49er
    NET Veteran

Thu Jan 23, 2020 2:37 pm
  • kobebryant wrote:We've seen this before. An electric offense AFC West team with an MVP caliber QB takes on a tough, mean NFC West team with a great running game and defense. 43-8.

We play SMASH MOUTH football in the NFC West. It's rough and tumble. As you guys well know. It's not soft finesse style football that they play in the AFC. Everybody has a plan until you punch them in the mouth!

:shoot:
    SanDiego49er
    NET Veteran

Thu Jan 23, 2020 3:27 pm
  • Let's bet a pint. Come on......
    SoulfishHawk
    NET Pro Bowler

Thu Jan 23, 2020 3:55 pm
  • SoulfishHawk wrote:Let's bet a pint. Come on......

OK I bet you a pint. I will buy you a drink next year if I come up there for a Seahawks game. But you have to buy for me if we win.

:)
    SanDiego49er
    NET Veteran

Thu Jan 23, 2020 4:08 pm
  • We have a deal :irishdrinkers:
    SoulfishHawk
    NET Pro Bowler

Fri Jan 24, 2020 12:56 am
  • Niners 27

Kc 20.

Jimmy will throw 2 touchdowns and Kc will have a game changing turnover.
    Shanegotyou11
    NET Veteran

Fri Jan 24, 2020 12:03 pm
  • Nope. Mahomes and co. are gonna' shred that D.
    SoulfishHawk
    NET Pro Bowler

Fri Jan 24, 2020 12:41 pm
  • KC kickin that 9er ass.
    Largent80
    NET Ring Of Honor

Fri Jan 24, 2020 3:55 pm
  • Why does the media keep comparing the Niners defense to the LOB? I get that they have Sherm and run a similar scheme, but the two units are not in the sames stratosphere statistically.
    knownone
    NET Veteran

Fri Jan 24, 2020 4:44 pm
  • knownone wrote:Why does the media keep comparing the Niners defense to the LOB? I get that they have Sherm and run a similar scheme, but the two units are not in the sames stratosphere statistically.

To be clear, I think those Seattle defenses were better, but the Seattle team that won the SB allowed 273.6 YPG, 14.4 PPG, and 172 Passing yards per game.

The 49ers allow 281.8 yards per game, 19.4 PPG, and 169.2 Passing yards per game.

Seahawks beat them by a bit in YPG, by quite a bit in PPG, but the Niners were actually better than ANY TEAM in Pass D since 2009....and thats WITH a midseason stretch where they lost Alexander, Tartt, and Ford....all of whom are back now.

I'm not going to try and sell that SF is better because I think those Seattle D's were some of the best in NFL history, but its not quite as crazy as you think statistically.
    Marvin49
    NET Veteran

Fri Jan 24, 2020 5:47 pm
  • Marvin49 wrote:
    knownone wrote:Why does the media keep comparing the Niners defense to the LOB? I get that they have Sherm and run a similar scheme, but the two units are not in the sames stratosphere statistically.

To be clear, I think those Seattle defenses were better, but the Seattle team that won the SB allowed 273.6 YPG, 14.4 PPG, and 172 Passing yards per game.

The 49ers allow 281.8 yards per game, 19.4 PPG, and 169.2 Passing yards per game.

Seahawks beat them by a bit in YPG, by quite a bit in PPG, but the Niners were actually better than ANY TEAM in Pass D since 2009....and thats WITH a midseason stretch where they lost Alexander, Tartt, and Ford....all of whom are back now.

I'm not going to try and sell that SF is better because I think those Seattle D's were some of the best in NFL history, but its not quite as crazy as you think statistically.

You have to consider the massive amount of injuries we had 2nd half of the year as you said. Some of those very key guys are back now from injuries. This team was much better than how the statistics came about. If those guys had stayed healthy. Also the defense in the playoffs is the real defense. Not the injured defense which is just not the same at all. It's a quality and skilled group.
    SanDiego49er
    NET Veteran

Fri Jan 24, 2020 5:57 pm
  • SanDiego49er wrote:
    Marvin49 wrote:
    knownone wrote:Why does the media keep comparing the Niners defense to the LOB? I get that they have Sherm and run a similar scheme, but the two units are not in the sames stratosphere statistically.

You have to consider the massive amount of injuries we had 2nd half of the year as you said. Some of those very key guys are back now from injuries. This team was much better than how the statistics came about. If those guys had stayed healthy. Also the defense in the playoffs is the real defense. Not the injured defense which is just not the same at all. It's a quality and skilled group.

Yeah...but they haven't really proved anything yet. The 'hawks got the ring. In the end, regardless of what the numbers say or what injuries you had, you are what you are.

IF the Niners get a ring and do it for several years, then maybe its a conversation. Right now though, its not.
    Marvin49
    NET Veteran

Fri Jan 24, 2020 6:01 pm
  • are you guys just using yards as a measuring stick?

Seahawks were 1st in scoring D. 9ers are 8th.
    39 turnovers to 27.

Come on...
    Uncle Si
    * NET Hottie *

Fri Jan 24, 2020 6:53 pm
  • Marvin49 wrote:

I don't know, it still feels kind of crazy statistically. Passing yards might be the only area where the Niners defense is comparable, and the reason the Niners gave up fewer passing yards, might be because they gave up 4.5 YPC on the ground; whereas, Seattle gave up just 3.9 YPC.

The '13 Seahawks pass D gave up a QB rating of 63.4 which was #1 in the league by 10+ points.

TD/Int: 16 / 28

Passing DVOA: -34.2%

Games missed by major contributors: 28

The '19 Niners pass D gave up a QB rating of 84 which is #7 in the league.

TD/Int: 23 / 12

Passing DVOA: -26.3%

Games missed by major contributors: 35

The Niners are obviously one of the 5 or so best defenses to make the Superbowl this decade, but the comparison between the two teams seems forced.
    knownone
    NET Veteran

Sat Jan 25, 2020 5:45 pm
    RolandDeschain
    * Spelling High Lord *

Sat Jan 25, 2020 7:14 pm
  • Marvin49 wrote:
    SanDiego49er wrote:
    Marvin49 wrote:

Yeah...but they haven't really proved anything yet. The 'hawks got the ring. In the end, regardless of what the numbers say or what injuries you had, you are what you are.

IF the Niners get a ring and do it for several years, then maybe its a conversation. Right now though, its not.

Who cares about this defense vs that defense? This statistic vs that statistic? None of it matters. That stuff is massively over analyzed. You just want to win. Period. That's all that matters.
    SanDiego49er
    NET Veteran

Sat Jan 25, 2020 7:38 pm
  • I don’t think the Niners are all that great. Hell, they don’t even have 1 guy playing in the Pro Bowl!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    James in PA
    NET Veteran

Sat Jan 25, 2020 7:39 pm
  • SanDiego49er wrote:
    Marvin49 wrote:
    SanDiego49er wrote:
    Marvin49 wrote:

Who cares about this defense vs that defense? This statistic vs that statistic? None of it matters. That stuff is massively over analyzed. You just want to win. Period. That's all that matters.

This^
    Washington49er
    NET Veteran

Sun Jan 26, 2020 2:16 pm
  • SanDiego49er wrote:
    Marvin49 wrote:
    SanDiego49er wrote:
    Marvin49 wrote:

I understand why 49ers fans would feel that way, but statistical breakdowns do matter when looking back at each team from a historical perspective.
    knownone
    NET Veteran

Sun Jan 26, 2020 2:56 pm
  • knownone wrote:
    SanDiego49er wrote:
    Marvin49 wrote:
    SanDiego49er wrote:

I understand why 49ers fans would feel that way, but statistical breakdowns do matter when looking back at each team from a historical perspective.

It doesn't matter at all. In the end people just remember if you win or not. 99% of people could not care about those statistics. This team was badly injured for large portions of the year. If you think it was our starters on defense for most of the season you would be wrong. We were playing with huge amounts of backups for large portions of the season especially in the 2nd half of the year. Now some of those guys are back and healthy. Thus a much better defense. But playing with backups large portions of the year certainly effected our statistics or what it could have been.

But in the end like I said it doesn't matter. You just want to win. That's the bottom line. It's why you play the game.
    SanDiego49er
    NET Veteran

PreviousNext

It is currently Mon Feb 17, 2020 12:27 am

Please REGISTER to become a member

Return to [ NFL NATION ]

Information