Niners are going to the Super Bowl

Sgt. Largent

Reaction score
hoxrox":2rystjiq said:
I think Mahomes can outscore anyone. But Andy Reid's defenses has choked before in big time games. So yes this game will basically come down to KC's defense being able to stop the 9ers offense.

They certainly need to figure out how to not jump offsides nine times in the first half and make a bunch of mistakes like they've done for seemingly forever under Reid in big games.

Washington49er

Reaction score
Sgt. Largent":2ezneeh3 said:
Washington49er":2ezneeh3 said:
Sgt. Largent":2ezneeh3 said:
Niners D is for real, so I don't think KC is going to be able to hang 40 on the Niners.

But I do think KC's defense is good enough to shut down SF's running attack (as they did Henry and the Titans run attack)..........and make Garropolo beat them.

Everyone's focusing on the Niners D vs KC's offense. But IMO the real matchup that'll determine who wins the SB is KC's defense vs. Niners offense.

Because if KC's defense can slow down or even shut down the Niners run attack, this is a SB they can win 17-10.

The difference is Titans running game is based on Henry aka Beast mode with speed pounding thru the line. The niners run game is based on misdirection and speed. Both Minn and GB knew they were going run and still couldn't stop it.

I think this is the game where Jimmy G has a big game. Not having to throw in the last two playoff games gives KC less film to look at. I think KS may have quite a few plays left in his bag and will putting it all out there for this game.

You're correct, and KC hasn't been good against the run.......but unlike Minny and GB, KC won't be coming into Santa Clara on fumes having just played exhausting playoff games the week prior, making it very difficult for them to get up once again.

KC's defense isn't big, but they are fast and talented. So I can certainly see them giving SF's run attack a good matchup.

We shall see.

Both teams have 2 weeks off and it's on neutral ground. Should be a good game.

Maulbert

Reaction score
LOL.

[tweet]https://twitter.com/JoeMontana/status/1219345360293896195[/tweet]

I hate how much I like Joe Montana. Probably my favorite non-Seahawk football player ever.

Edit - Joe Montana should flip the coin.

knownone

Reaction score
SanDiego49er":6vqajd4q said:
Yeah John Lynch and Kyle Shanahan have done a great job of putting this team together. We have a functional GM and a functional Head Coach for the first time in years. Yeah as others commented about Tomsula no we don't miss him. The Yorks are honestly pretty bad owners. They made mistake after mistake and toiled for years. Finally they hired these 2 and turned it around. But it's much more Lynch and Shanahan. Yorks are still bad owners IMO. They have been bad 90% of 20 years that they owned the team. They just got lucky with the GM and Coach hires. We are glad to have them and now have a real NFL team instead of a joke they were used to fielding.
This might sound crazy given the circumstances, but are we sure Lynch is a good GM? His situation reminds me a bit of Elway's early on. He inherited a fairly talented yet under achieving roster. His draft record prior to this season was mostly misses despite picking high in the draft every year. This season he lucked into a consensus #1 pick in Bosa. He signed / traded for a few injury prone but productive players (Ford, Alexander, Coleman), who've all missed significant time. These are all things that good teams rarely have the luxury of doing, so I'm not sure if his success is sustainable.

The success of this team feels like it's almost entirely Shanahan.

Popeyejones

Reaction score
knownone":10w282ia said:
SanDiego49er":10w282ia said:
Yeah John Lynch and Kyle Shanahan have done a great job of putting this team together. We have a functional GM and a functional Head Coach for the first time in years. Yeah as others commented about Tomsula no we don't miss him. The Yorks are honestly pretty bad owners. They made mistake after mistake and toiled for years. Finally they hired these 2 and turned it around. But it's much more Lynch and Shanahan. Yorks are still bad owners IMO. They have been bad 90% of 20 years that they owned the team. They just got lucky with the GM and Coach hires. We are glad to have them and now have a real NFL team instead of a joke they were used to fielding.
This might sound crazy given the circumstances, but are we sure Lynch is a good GM? His situation reminds me a bit of Elway's early on. He inherited a fairly talented yet under achieving roster. His draft record prior to this season was mostly misses despite picking high in the draft every year. This season he lucked into a consensus #1 pick in Bosa. He signed / traded for a few injury prone but productive players (Ford, Alexander, Coleman), who've all missed significant time. These are all things that good teams rarely have the luxury of doing, so I'm not sure if his success is sustainable.

Fairly talented? LOL. There's only five players still on the roster from before they got there (Staley, Buckner, Armstead Ward, and Tartt) and Staley and Buckner were the only two who had shown anything before they came in).

The 9ers were awful because Lynch and Shanahan did a complete tear down of the team.

I'd give as much or more credit to Peters, Mayhew and Paraag than I would to Lynch, but you're diminishing him for the wrong reasons IMO.

SanDiego49er

Reaction score
knownone":fpqjlivz said:
SanDiego49er":fpqjlivz said:

He hit on a lot of players free agency and draft.

FA:

Dee Ford (excellent when healthy), Kwon Alexander (excellent when health), Coleman (good), Sherman (great), Mostert (great pickup), Brunskill (good). Kyle Juszczyk (great)

Draft:

Kittle (best in the league) Bosa (great), Deebo Samuel (really good), Dre Greenlaw (late round gem), Mcglinchey (good), Fred Warner (great), Richie James (decent special teams guy).

I think it's a little of both. But Shanahan is very innovative and his offensive schemes and motion confuse the hell out of opposing coaches. So of course it is a lot him too. We are happy to have him.

Popeyejones

Reaction score
Forgetting Kittle is simply unacceptable.

Lots of guys you could add to the list but C'mon :lol:

SanDiego49er

Reaction score
Popeyejones":3hei90yu said:
Forgetting Kittle is simply unacceptable.

Lots of guys you could add to the list but C'mon :lol:

Well that's kind of a given. Everybody knows about him. Yes include him too.

MD5eahawks

Reaction score
Congrats to the 49ers faithful here at .Net!
Best of luck to you. I won't be rooting for either team. I will just be enjoying it as a good game. Both teams deserve to be there.

SanDiego49er

Reaction score
MD5eahawks":v7gdnpgy said:
Best of luck to you. I won't be rooting for either team. I will just be enjoying it as a good game. Both teams deserve to be there.

Thanks. That is classy of you.

chris98251

Reaction score
I really think the 49ers will win, and that's not a bad thing tossing our rivalry aside, who played them tougher twice that just about anyone in the NFC, we had the horses if we had health to be right there.

Tip of the hat to them as a football team, besides it time for Reid to Choke again in the big game of the season.

SanDiego49er

Reaction score
chris98251":2o1pob53 said:
I really think the 49ers will win, and that's not a bad thing tossing our rivalry aside, who played them tougher twice that just about anyone in the NFC, we had the horses if we had health to be right there.

Tip of the hat to them as a football team, besides it time for Reid to Choke again in the big game of the season.

I think our defense can hold them down enough to be in this game to possibly win. The people that are counting us out are wrong in the media and on message boards too. Mahomes has not seen a defense like ours this year. Especially now more healthy than the regular season. We are more full strength on defense now. Also our offense scores a lot too. We have some pretty decent weapons in Emmanuel Sanders, Deebo Samuel, George Kittle and Mostert. We can and will score too and KC is not that great on defense. They especially lack on run defense which is bad for them. Because our offensive line is big and loves to run block.

Sure Mahomes is great and can win. But I just think honestly if you look at the total overall team I think ours is slightly better than theirs. Anything could happen. Either one could win. But I don't think we are out of it like some people are predicting by any means.

Yeah your team is really good. You got hit pretty hard by injuries this year. It happens to everybody. You just got to reset for next year, get healthy, draft well, add a few free agents and give it another go. IMO you always have a chance with Russell Wilson and Pete Carroll. The thing with your team is you play us like it's the Super Bowl every game. They must be very motivated in the division and specifically against the 49ers. Because I don't see them playing like this against the Packers. They play like it's the last snap of their life against the 49ers. Which is frustrating as a 49ers fan. But you really can't fault a rival for giving their best. In sportsmanship I guess you just have to admire it.

:D

SantaClaraHawk

Reaction score
I was glad to see the rivalry heat up, but man, I didn't think it'd happen so fast when it did.

The parity thing? It won't happen for some years yet. Armstead won't be available for real.

Maybe they'll be amenable on Solomon Thomas. And we might just take it Solly, whose only a bust relative to the 9ers front four. He's still done more than most of ours.

SanDiego49er

Reaction score
SantaClaraHawk":1hu8boki said:
I was glad to see the rivalry heat up, but man, I didn't think it'd happen so fast when it did.

The parity thing? It won't happen for some years yet. Armstead won't be available for real.

Maybe they'll be amenable on Solomon Thomas. And we might just take it Solly, whose only a bust relative to the 9ers front four. He's still done more than most of ours.

Armstead will likely get the Franchise Tag for at least 1 year to prove he can do it multiple years in a row. I'm not sure if we sign him long term or not. But I would be shocked if they don't Franchise Tag him after this year. Solomon Thomas you can have. And depending on your system or front he may or may not be good for you. IMO in our scheme he is a little out of position or in the wrong scheme for his talents. That doesn't mean he can't be good somewhere else depending on their scheme and what exactly they want him to do. For us he plays a little out of position in a role that is not ideal for him.

BITTER ROOT

Reaction score
I think the tide has turned for the Seahawks vs the Niners. Seattle dominance is over. Team has better front office, coaches, with faster, bigger, younger players. I think Pete Carroll now days does more damage than good,
Last 3 games vs SF:

Nick Mullens lead Niners over Seahawks
Beat the Niners in OT. Their new kicker gave Seahawk a chance by missing GW fg
Lost to Niners giving Niners NFC West and bye week

Only position the Seahawks are superior at is QB and he can't do it himself.

Maulbert

Reaction score
BITTER ROOT":1gp7z3yl said:
I think the tide has turned for the Seahawks vs the Niners. Seattle dominance is over. Team has better front office, coaches, with faster, bigger, younger players. I think Pete Carroll now days does more damage than good,
Last 3 games vs SF:

I've been hearing eulogies for the Hawks for almost 5 years now. Hasn't happened yet.

chris98251

Reaction score
BITTER ROOT":2wqfvha6 said:
Last 3 games vs SF:

Been ignoring your debut of negativity, but echo the sentiment that you can go ahead and write us off everyone seems to every year since 2015, since you only have the 4 posts it won't be hard to find a new board / team since you have invested so little to date.

5_Golden_Rings

Reaction score
chris98251":17b7al7w said:

That's got to be anti-Mahomes bias. Mahomes is Football Jesus. Even if Garoppolo plays the best game of his life and the 49ers score 48 again, the Kansas City Mahomes will score 50. And odds are Garoppolo will hand the ball to the Mahomes one too many times anyway. This game was over the moment the Titans forgot to tackle Mahomes on that touchdown run.

Now I'm gonna go hibernate for few months to recuperate from the season ending on a loss.

xray

Reaction score
MD5eahawks":sg77f2r8 said:
No home field advantage favors SF .

Latest posts