NFC west week 2

ringless

Reaction score
Good first week for our division. It seems like the Seahawks came out the best with the fewest injuries. Very fortunate offseason and start to week one for you guys. Not to mention 1-0 as expected.

Next week you guys play San Diego and I think this should be a decent road win for the hawks. Just too much talent, better coaching. I think it will be tough however because the Chargers are still a good team. But since you have a better defense and offense than we have I expect you to be 2-0.

For Arizona, I think we have an easier week 2 game. The Giants look confused, they don have the right personal for the offense they are trying to put in place. The players have a severe lack of discipline. Their confidence is low,the depth is poor. I think we out coach them, have a better defense and a better offense. The only things that make this harder is early east coast game but I don't think it will be a big deal. If we are a good team like we think we are we will win the games we are suppose to and this is one of them. 2-0

SF plays at home against Chicago. Chicago is the Cowboys twin this year. I would defintely expect a 49ers win. Their first regular season home game will have some crazy good energy. I don't think SF is as good as they were last year. Dallas certainly made it easy on them. Romo may have given them some false sense of security but I guess we will learn a lot ably out divison in week 3. 2-0

The Rams play the Bucs, and I think the Bucs take it. The Rams are not a good road team, it is going to be hot, humjd, and sticky in Tampa. Third string QB. I don't think there is much to explain. 0-2

I think Sf Sea, and Az are all 2-0 after this week. The 49ers and Cardinals both had some key injuries to look into as the week develops.

AZ if course lost 5 starters on Defense from last year. Now John Abraham has gone down, as well as Darnell Dockettd replacement Frostee Rucker.

SF lost two starting corners but the extent of the injuries is unknown to me.

Seahawk Sailor

Reaction score
California via Negros Occidental, Philippines
Agree with a lot of that post. I think you're right that AZ, SF, and SEA should all be 2-0 quite comfortably after next weekend.

We should handle San Diego well, and even if it's on the road we should pull out a win. We were 6-2 last year on the road, and this year we're a better team by most accounts. Philip Rivers is a good quarterback, but he's going to have to play a lot better than he did against you guys to hope to win against the Legion of Boom. And his receivers dropping passes and creating situations where picks are possible will absolutely backfire on them against us.

As much as it pains me, SF should absolutely roll at home against the Bears. They've looked awful, and a road trip to the west coast against a very solid 49ers team is not the cure-all for ineptitude. Quite the opposite. They get cream puffs two weeks in a row to start the season. How wonderful.

You should beat the Giants, but it is an east coast game, and road games are always a lot tougher than home games. Still, the Giants look as bad as the worst teams in the league. I'll be interested in this one, particularly to see if either team (or both teams) regress or advance to a mean. I wouldn't say it's a win as easily as you, though, because of that reason.

And the Rams on the road in Florida against the Bucs? That looks like a loss to me too, but you never know. I can't think their defense is nearly as bad as it was the first game. They may well have a rebound and pull this one out. Tampa Bay was not really that great a team last year, and unless they've worked some sort of swamp voodoo down there, they won't be good this year either.

So as I see it, the NFC West could look like this:

SEA 2-0
SF 2-0
ARI 2-0
STL 0-2

But it could just as easily look like this:

SEA 2-0
SF 2-0
ARI 1-1
STL 1-1

Largent80

Reaction score
I agree 100% on the OP.

But, this is the NFL. People get beat, even in elevators.

hawker84

Reaction score
I think SF loses in a shoot out. i still am not convinced their secondary is good enough to stop that passing game especially with a currently demenished pass rush?

Could be very wrong though. Hope not.

Laloosh

Reaction score
hawker84":1cejo87v said:
I think SF loses in a shoot out. i still am not convinced their secondary is good enough to stop that passing game especially with a currently demenished pass rush?

SF lost two corners to injury during the game. What's the status on those guys?

Paging Marvin. Opportunity to talk about your team. Paging, Marvin...

OP
OP
R

ringless

Reaction score
Laloosh":2k298crg said:
hawker84":2k298crg said:

I think they both will play. Brock ended up returning at the end of the game with no noticeable limp. Cully had a concussion and I assume he will play this week.

I am interested to see what is the status on our two newest defensive starters to go down. Abraham and Docketts replacement Rucker.

Melencause

Reaction score
Never know what will happen in the NFL. Week 1 is an example of freak injuries.

I think the 49ers should beat the Bears, the Cardinals should be the Giants, the Seahawks should beat the Chargers, and I even think the Rams could beat the Bucs. The Rams game could easily go either way though.

Injuries this season just seem ridiculous. Will the Rams have a 2nd backup QB? Tampa's O-line is weak and the Rams D-Line is still awesome. I sense alot of sacks this game.

Sherminator

Reaction score
Laloosh":1f7nogs8 said:

Brock has some toe issues, sounds like it could be a mild case of turf toe (if there is such a thing)
He did however play in the 4th but turf toe is always a scary injury that seems to take forever to recover from

Culliver sustained a concussion
This is all we know

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2014-09-09 at 3.10.11 PM.png
    Screen Shot 2014-09-09 at 3.10.11 PM.png
    42.7 KB · Views: 506