RAMs take a hit.

rlkats

Reaction score
Man the injuries around the nfl are crazy. The healthiest team will win it all.

uncle fester

Reaction score
They're going to struggle without his leadership on the field.

As already said above, I can't believe the amount of players getting injured at the moment. But wasn't there a spate of injuries at the start of last season too? Is this a conditioning thing?

Scottemojo

Reaction score
Long has never missed a game til now. Shit happens.

The lack of discipline on that squad is astounding, though.

A

Anonymous

How long will Long be out? 4-6 weeks? That's a long time.

I long for the day that long absences by long-time NFL players no longer have long-term effects on how long it takes to get back to the long green grass of the field.

Scottemojo

Reaction score
HoustonHawk82":2mxjefgu said:

I long for the day that long absences by long-time NFL players no longer have long-term effects on how long it takes to get back to the long green grass of the field.
8-10 weeks.

A

Anonymous

Scottemojo":qmb626k0 said:
HoustonHawk82":qmb626k0 said:

8-10 weeks.

That didn't take long.

An even longer absence for Long than what I had indicated not long ago.

hawksfansinceday1

Reaction score
HoustonHawk82":bkwt8tps said:
Scottemojo":bkwt8tps said:
HoustonHawk82":bkwt8tps said:

8-10 weeks.

That didn't take long.

An even longer absence for Long than what I had indicated not long ago.
Your post is awfully long. Maybe you're just long in the tooth and just prone to long winded ramblings.

A

Anonymous

I am long in the tooth.

Tell you what, I'm not going to finish this long list of repairs unless I get away from this computer and help out the folks that have been waiting so long for me to take away their long-time auto woes. I just can't make them wait any longer, as they long for my help.

So long.

Wagon12

Reaction score
Trenchbroom":qo3ixwqi said:
Hawks and Niners roll, rest of the NFC West is hurting.

Pretty much...

I actually almost feel bad for the Rams... man did they get hit by the Bad Luck Truck early this season!

jlwaters1

Reaction score
Trenchbroom":dfz2lc31 said:
I don't know the 49ers offense is still suspect. Only scoring 14 points against a weak cowboys defense. (the 3rd td was a gift from the defense with the ball inside the DAL 3 yard line). It will be interesting to see how they progress throughout the year

RolandDeschain

Reaction score
jlwaters1":3w19qkxd said:
Trenchbroom":3w19qkxd said:
I don't know the 49ers offense is still suspect. Only scoring 14 points against a weak cowboys defense. (the 3rd td was a gift from the defense with the ball inside the DAL 3 yard line). It will be interesting to see how they progress throughout the year
Don't worry, all the 49ers posters around here are telling us there's nothing to worry about with their offense.

Wagon12

Reaction score
It's still too early to really get a read on the Niner offense but from what I saw Sunday, they scored pretty much at will when they were actually trying to... That said, the Dallas D is ummmm... bad. So in my estimation, the jury is still out, but they obviously mailed it in for the second half...

RedAlice

Reaction score
Scottemojo":2jth3g8w said:
Long has never missed a game til now. Shit happens.

The lack of discipline on that squad is astounding, though.

I have to agree w the second comment. I feel less bothered by the injuries, and moreso by the penalties and lack of discipline. Rams need to figure that out regardless of who is healthy or not.

Sports Hernia

Reaction score
RolandDeschain":20u5kk71 said:
jlwaters1":20u5kk71 said:
Trenchbroom":20u5kk71 said:
Don't worry, all the 49ers posters around here are telling us there's nothing to worry about with their offense.
True dat!

A

Anonymous

Question:

When you guys look for stats that are slightly outside the main stuff, which source(s) do you look to?

Like specific penalties, YAC on catches outside the numbers, et. al.

RolandDeschain

Reaction score
HoustonHawk82":1jazh31h said:
Question:

When you guys look for stats that are slightly outside the main stuff, which source(s) do you look to?

Like specific penalties, YAC on catches outside the numbers, et. al.
For fact-based stats, (i.e., not ratings/rankings) Pro Football Focus ($27/year subscription required) is a great source. Their ratings really aren't worth much since some are wildly off and their criteria for ranking certain positions is asinine, but they have a lot of fact-based information that has no bias in it which is quite useful. Football Outsiders has a fair bit of that as well, ($40ish/year) but they are the ONE and only source that has an actual ranking/rating system (DVOA) that is damned accurate, overall. I've loved it for years, as has Kearly. (Hope you don't mind me using your name to lend some extra credibility to DVOA, Kip.)