2017 Seattle Mariners regular season thread

Seahaaaawks

Reaction score
A nice 2-0 lead for Felix just to be farted away. Too bad Zunino didn't do his normal thing and strike out, but instead he hits into a DP. Bravo. Hope we can put some more runs on the board, gonna need it

Bobblehead

Reaction score
Doubtful the M's win until Haniger gets back.. This is just awful..Han and the game.

Thepeelsessions

Reaction score
Wow, this is embarrassing. 11-4 in the 5th. Felix gets roughed up (is this common occurrence surprising to anyone?), Haniger gets knocked out for what sounds like a while, and Marshall just gave up a bases loaded walk. #marinerslife

Regarding Felix, I've been anti Felix for a long time now. The ugly tattoos, the dorky badly bleached hair from last year, the overly blousy uniforms, and most of all, the piss poor product he's put out on the field. Call me a picky bastard, but I call it like I see it. And all I see when he's out there is a washed up slob. A has been. I'd rather this team have Nathan Karns over Felix.

Seahaaaawks

Reaction score
MY GOODNESS!!!!! This was suppose to be a Tigers team that was decimated by injury. There was no better time to play the Tigers than now. And they have more hits/runs so far at the end of the 5th than any game all year??!!? What a joke.

Crizilla

Reaction score
Felix is done. I love the guy but he's past his prime and worn out from all these years. Haniger will be out for awhile....strained oblique?! that's a pitchers injury with at least 6-8 weeks for it to heal.

hawkfan68

Reaction score
I think Gallardo may have mugged Felix and they switched starts. Hernandez is looking bad so far this season. Usually he pitches these type of games toward the end of the season. He's gotten off to an early start this season.

OP
OP
Sports Hernia

Sports Hernia

Reaction score
Thepeelsessions":248uar3y said:
Wow, this is embarrassing. 11-4 in the 5th. Felix gets roughed up (is this common occurrence surprising to anyone?), Haniger gets knocked out for what sounds like a while, and Marshall just gave up a bases loaded walk. #marinerslife

Regarding Felix, I've been anti Felix for a long time now. The ugly tattoos, the dorky badly bleached hair from last year, the overly blousy uniforms, and most of all, the piss poor product he's put out on the field. Call me a picky bastard, but I call it like I see it. And all I see when he's out there is a washed up slob. A has been. I'd rather this team have Nathan Karns over Felix.
I don't care if the guy chooses to look like a circus freak. He could have all of the neck and face tattoos and have all the face piecings he wants, as long as he produces. Felix said before the season he wanted to prove the doubters wrong that he is still an Ace and is still the KING.... well Felix you've done nothing to prove the doubters wrong.

If he doesn't turn out injured, 2 IP, and 4 ER is UNACCEPTABLE from an ACE!

Hitters are sitting on his mediocre at best fastball, and until he starts throwing his secondary pitches more often and keeping hitters off balance, he will continue to get lit up like a pinball machine.

IndyHawk

Reaction score
Paxton is the ACE of the M's..Felix arm just has so many miles on it..It happens to the best of them unless your Nolan Ryan..

Thepeelsessions

Reaction score
Sports Hernia":259mm9zx said:
Thepeelsessions":259mm9zx said:

I don't care if the guy chooses to look like a circus freak. He could have all of the neck and face tattoos and have all the face piecings he wants, as long as he produces. Felix said before the season he wanted to prove the doubters wrong that he is still an Ace and is still the KING.... well Felix you've done nothing to prove the doubters wrong.

If he doesn't turn out injured, 2 IP, and 4 ER is UNACCEPTABLE from an ACE!

Hitters are sitting on his mediocre at best fastball, and until he starts throwing his secondary pitches more often and keeping hitters off balance, he will continue to get lit up like a pinball machine.
I told you I'm being picky. But I hear you, it's unacceptable and something needs to be done. DiPoto needs to shed dead weight of this roster. He already started with Martin. Felix needs to be held accountable.

I think back to 2014 when the team was eliminated in the middle of game 162. One more win would've gotten that team out of post season purgatory. A multitude of things could've happened. But what I remember most about that season was how poorly Felix pitched down the stretch. Two games that easily come to mind in September were against Texas and Toronto. He got rocked early and hard in both and got yanked after 3 or 4 innings in both. Yeah, the final game of the season, he was lights out, but after Oakland won during the middle of the Ms game, nothing mattered anymore.

West TX Hawk

Reaction score
I was pretty optimistic earlier today thinking with Segura back things could turn around. Well he had an awesome day and wouldn't you know it Haniger gets hurt badly. Huge blow...and then the pitching:

8 innings pitched today, 24 hits given up...24. The bullpen is a disaster and Felix is just done. "Arm fatigue" cited for his early exit.

I don't know if Felix has any value anymore considering his contract but Dipoto needs an exit strategy with him. Iwakuma too.

Bobblehead

Reaction score
West TX Hawk":2w0nk5f9 said:
I was pretty optimistic earlier today thinking with Segura back things could turn around. Well he had an awesome day and wouldn't you know it Haniger gets hurt badly. Huge blow...and then the pitching:

8 innings pitched today, 24 hits given up...24. The bullpen is a disaster and Felix is just done. "Arm fatigue" cited for his early exit.

I don't know if Felix has any value anymore considering his contract but Dipoto needs an exit strategy with him. Iwakuma too.

Loss of Felix's pitching will be devastating, he was a integral part of our plans. At best, I think he might work well as a long reliever or middle reliever. Damn, we need some SP's.

19 runs given up and not one homer.. that's a lot of base hits.

IndyHawk

Reaction score
He has a shoulder issue so it's not looking good for him.I wonder how Cliff Lee's arm is feeling today?We are going to have to lift up every stone to find any kind of good pitching,if only we could take that staff of 3-4 years ago and put it on this years team.

getnasty

Reaction score
Thepeelsessions":3lngmmke said:

How do you expect anyone to take you serious when you finish with "I'd rather this team have Nathan Karns over Felix." Sure Felix isn't the same guy he was but he is still a solid number 2 guy in the rotation.

Thepeelsessions

Reaction score
getnasty":14x98k1e said:
Thepeelsessions":14x98k1e said:

How do you expect anyone to take you serious when you finish with "I'd rather this team have Nathan Karns over Felix." Sure Felix isn't the same guy he was but he is still a solid number 2 guy in the rotation.
How do YOU expect anyone to take YOU seriously when you finish with "he (Felix) is still a solid number 2 guy in the rotation"?

really-really-dude-thumb.jpg

Tical21

Reaction score
Thepeelsessions":ht007d8r said:
getnasty":ht007d8r said:
Thepeelsessions":ht007d8r said:

How do YOU expect anyone to take YOU seriously when you finish with "he (Felix) is still a solid number 2 guy in the rotation"?

really-really-dude-thumb.jpg
You do realize that in Felix's awful year last year, he was in the top-20 in AL starter ERA right? I think any team in baseball would take that out of their #2 starter.

A washed up slob. A has been. I hope you're 12.

Chapow

Reaction score
Thepeelsessions":2x58v4d0 said:
getnasty":2x58v4d0 said:
Thepeelsessions":2x58v4d0 said:

I'll take a stab at this one.

Maybe it's because what he said is pretty reasonable and level headed while what you said is pretty ridiculous and over the top.

At least, that's why I can take getnasty seriously, but you, well, not so much.

Uncle Si

Reaction score
There is an interesting conversation in here without all the sniping

Thepeelsessions

Reaction score
If some people want to think Felix is still a starting pitcher in this league, that's fine. That's their opinion. I get it. I'm done with this topic.

Go M's.