Seahawks.NET AMAZON STOREFRONT

Sonics/NHL/New arena thread

Discuss any and all sports-related topics. From the College Sports to Baseball and everything in between. LANGUAGE RATING: PG-13
Re: Sonics/NHL/New arena thread
Tue May 09, 2017 10:13 am
  • chris98251 wrote:Equity, how much do they have to split with the Lakers there? Nobody in LA as a basketball team is going to supplant the Lakers as the darling, they may not be good at the moment but the legacy there indicates they will make a move to secure a league franchise player to build around, Chamberlin, Jabbar, O Neil, Divac, if they can't draft one they will trade for one and sell the farm short term, have always done it.

In Seattle Ballmer would be two things, the savior that brought the NBA back to Seattle, if he changes the name back to the Sonics it will be a double bonus. After all the Clippers started off as the Buffalo .

Many may not remember this.

In 1978, Braves owner John Y. Brown, Jr. swapped franchises with then-Boston Celtics owner Irv Levin, who then moved the team to San Diego, where it was renamed the San Diego Clippers. The franchise moved to Los Angeles in 1984, and is now known as the Los Angeles Clippers.

The Clippers are currently the #6 most valuable team in the NBA, and it ain't from being awesome. It's SOLELY due to being in the LA market with that huge TV and merchandise revenue.

https://www.forbes.com/pictures/mli45fh ... 07148113a6

Now maybe Ballmer doesn't care, and is tired of being the red headed step child to the Lakers year after year, and would love to bring a team to Seattle.

But if we're just purely talking numbers and overall team valuation? Then moving a team out of LA to Seattle would mean a drop in value.
    If there is no Seahawk football in heaven, then we will never die.
    Sgt. Largent
    NET Pro Bowler

Tue May 09, 2017 10:59 am
  • Yeah, even if ballmer wanted to move to Seattle the oeague would block it for commercial reasons. Only way i could see around that is if they awarded an LA expansion team.
    Glasgow Seahawk
    NET Veteran

Tue May 09, 2017 1:25 pm
  • L.A. didn't want the Clippers, they forced their way in if memory is correct, Lakers sure didn't want them there, NBA well before the Sonics were stolen maybe, now with a open wound in Seattle and a growing market and a new arena coming in one way shape or form they may not balk at it, they really want the Seattle issue to go away.

To Be P/C or Not P/C That is the Question..........Seahawks kick Ass !!!!
    Check your PM's, Thank you for everything Radish RIP My Friend. :les:
    Member of the 38 club.
    chris98251
    .NET Hijacker

Thu May 11, 2017 7:41 am

Fri May 12, 2017 8:54 am
  • Why do arena proponents talk about the NHL?
    The Seattle Thunderbirds are in the WHL FINALS, and they didn't sell out game 4 at home.
    Where will you find 20k fans once we get a team?
    ZorntoLargent
    NET Veteran

Fri May 12, 2017 9:42 am
  • ZorntoLargent wrote:Why do arena proponents talk about the NHL?
    The Seattle Thunderbirds are in the WHL FINALS, and they didn't sell out game 4 at home.

That's not a fair comparison. Major league pro sports are a much different draw. That's like saying Seattle doesn't have enough NBA fans to support a team because the Storm has never sold out the Key Arena.They have won 2 championships and been one of the best teams for many years and don't sell out their venue either...

If a Pro hockey team came here they would do just fine, especially if they win.
    DJrmb
    NET Veteran

Fri May 12, 2017 9:56 am
  • DJrmb wrote:
    ZorntoLargent wrote:Why do arena proponents talk about the NHL?

That's not a fair comparison. Major league pro sports are a much different draw. That's like saying Seattle doesn't have enough NBA fans to support a team because the Storm has never sold out the Key Arena.They have won 2 championships and been one of the best teams for many years and don't sell out their venue either...

The best amateur hockey players in the country vs. women's basketball???
    YOU made the bad comparison.
    ZorntoLargent
    NET Veteran

Fri May 12, 2017 10:36 am

Why don't the Rainers sell more than 2k tickets a game? Why don't the S2 Sounders club sell more than 500 tickets a match?

Terrible example, the NHL in Seattle would explode with interest.......especially in a brand new arena. Seattle is one of the biggest metropolitan markets in the country with transplants from Canada, the midwest and backeast that'd go nuts for pro hockey. Along with thousands of corporations and businesses looking to buy suites and seats for a pro winter sport.

No top 20 market should have ZERO pro teams in the winter, either/or the NBA or NHL would fill that interest void.
    Sgt. Largent
    NET Pro Bowler

Fri May 12, 2017 10:43 am
  • Sgt. Largent wrote:

Why don't the Rainers sell more than 2k tickets a game? Why don't the S2 Sounders club sell more than 500 tickets a match?

Terrible example, the NHL in Seattle would explode with interest.......especially in a brand new arena. Seattle is one of the biggest metropolitan markets in the country with transplants from Canada, the midwest and backeast that'd go nuts for pro hockey. Along with thousands of corporations and businesses looking to buy suites and seats for a pro winter sport.

No top 20 market should have ZERO pro teams in the winter, either/or the NBA or NHL would fill that interest void.

The Rainiers never played for a championship. When were the Rainiers playing in the World Series of minor league baseball?
    The Thunderbirds have made it to the Finals 2 years in a row.
    You either like hockey or don't. No fans means Seattle doesn't love hockey.
    ZorntoLargent
    NET Veteran

Fri May 12, 2017 10:49 am
  • ZorntoLargent wrote:
    DJrmb wrote:

The best amateur hockey players in the country vs. women's basketball???
    YOU made the bad comparison.

That's YOUR opinion that you're certainly welcome to but I doubt it's the popular one. I would go to a Storm game well before I ever attended a Thunderbirds game... And, I would attend a Pro hockey game before either of the two.
    DJrmb
    NET Veteran

Fri May 12, 2017 10:55 am
  • ZorntoLargent wrote:
    Sgt. Largent wrote:

The Rainiers never played for a championship. When were the Rainiers playing in the World Series of minor league baseball?
    The Thunderbirds have made it to the Finals 2 years in a row.
    You either like hockey or don't. No fans means Seattle doesn't love hockey.

Rainers won the league championship in 2001 and 2010, conference champs 2010 and league champs as recently as last year. Still dead last in attendance in 2010.

http://www.milb.com/milb/stats/stats.js ... 2&sid=l112

Your example is flat out ridiculous. Seattle would be a great hockey town.
    Sgt. Largent
    NET Pro Bowler

Mon May 15, 2017 8:49 am

Sorry ZorntoLargent, have to disagree. The NHL would kill here, it would be big time. :2thumbs:
    Long you live and high you fly, and smiles you’ll give and tears you’ll cry, and all you touch and all you see Is all your life will ever be
    twisted_steel2
    NET Veteran

Mon May 15, 2017 8:57 am

• Really Murray? LOL
    Long you live and high you fly, and smiles you’ll give and tears you’ll cry, and all you touch and all you see Is all your life will ever be
    twisted_steel2
    NET Veteran

Mon May 15, 2017 12:02 pm
  • twisted_steel2 wrote:

Really Murray? LOL

Politician be politician'ing.

McGinn and a couple of the council members aside, if we've learned one thing from this entire arena saga, it's that our elected officials don't watch sports, don't care about sports..........and certainly don't give a rat's ass about a minor league hockey cup.
    Sgt. Largent
    NET Pro Bowler

Fri Jun 02, 2017 1:12 am
  • Any news, updates, timetables?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    dopeboy206
    NET Veteran

Fri Jun 02, 2017 1:27 am
  • The Oak View Group has changed its pitch for a KeyArena renovation at Seattle Center.

On Wednesday, it officially offered to build a 400 stall subterranean garage as part of it's $564 million arena renovation, which it is calling the "New Arena at Seattle Center." As part of it's original proposal, filed with the city, it was suggesting an above ground, 850 stall, garage would be built by another public entity.

“In our proposal we provided the garage as an option to the City of Seattle," Lance Lopes of OVG said in a prepared statement. "In our dialogue with the City and the surrounding neighbors - we have listened and learned – it is crucial that we make the NASC part of an open environment for all visitors to the Seattle Center campus. With great partnership and participation from local voices, OVG has decided to remove the above-grade parking structure located to the south of the NASC."

Lopes added, "The cost of the garage is already included in our overall project budget that we proposed to the City and does not adjust the size or scope of the below-grade loading dock and event level storage."

The change of heart comes as Seattle leaders are close to making a final determination on which KeyArena proposal to send to the city council. OVG and AEG have both made bids, although there have been multiple questions about just how much public financing is included. Both AEG and Chris Hansen's SoDo Arena group have accused OVG of hiding public subsidies within their bid.

It's unclear how absorbing the cost of the garage affects to the initial bid. AEG is not offering to build a garage, but is proposing to spend $5 million on traffic mitigation.

http://www.king5.com/news/local/arena/o ... /444486271
    In 180 games, Walter Jones was called for 9 holding penalties in the course of 5,703 pass plays.
    First Round Inductee To Hall Of Fame 2014
    ESPN #1 Rated Seahawks Player of All Time
    KitsapGuy
    * NET Staff *

Sun Jun 04, 2017 3:35 pm

Sun Jun 04, 2017 3:52 pm
  • City of Seattle having a "Hidden Agenda" ?

LOL most here have been saying that since Nichols took the cash out from Bennett.

Member of the 38 club.
    chris98251
    .NET Hijacker

Mon Jun 05, 2017 9:16 am
  • Hey AEG, do you see what we've been dealing with all these years? These people are crazy!

-Chris Hansen

:lol:

PS Not a real quote.
    twisted_steel2
    NET Veteran

Mon Jun 05, 2017 9:19 am
  • Anyone know when is the Sodo vote?

dopeboy206
    NET Veteran

Mon Jun 05, 2017 9:24 am
  • dopeboy206 wrote:Anyone know when is the Sodo vote?

The council and mayor haven't said when the 2nd street vacation vote is happening.........but I can guarantee you it'll be after they award the Oakview Group the Key project on a silver platter later this month or early July.

I'm happy that something's getting done, but i'm bummed for Hansen.
    Sgt. Largent
    NET Pro Bowler

Mon Jun 05, 2017 12:58 pm
  • Sgt. Largent wrote:
    dopeboy206 wrote:Anyone know when is the Sodo vote?

The council and mayor haven't said when the 2nd street vacation vote is happening.........but I can guarantee you it'll be after they award the Oakview Group the Key project on a silver platter later this month or early July.

I'm happy that something's getting done, but i'm bummed for Hansen.

Sadly,
    I think your prediction will be 100% spot on.
    SEATTLE SEAHAWKS SUPERBOWL XLVIII CHAMPIONS!

May the spirit of our friend The Radish live on forever!

I SO do not care about your fantasy team and who's on it!
    Sports Hernia
    NET Ring Of Honor

Wed Jun 07, 2017 3:09 pm
  • I think we all were rooting for Hansen and the SoDo project, but I'm pretty damn impressed by what Oak View laid out today. Some Fo Serious heavy hitters were up on that stage.

http://www.king5.com/news/local/arena/o ... /446404255
    Sgt. Largent
    NET Pro Bowler

Wed Jun 07, 2017 3:36 pm
  • NBA is absolute garbage right now from top to bottom, AND it is unlikely we could even secure a team based on all comments coming out of Silver. So, hockey and concerts/events? :roll:

Why do we need a new arena again?
    Coug_Hawk08
    NET Veteran

Wed Jun 07, 2017 5:13 pm
  • Still don't get how parking will work. King County population has doubled the past 5 years. This is not an early 2000's population anymore. SODO would have been so nice because there's tons of space for the arena, parking, and other entertainment around the area. I don't believe the cities excuse that industrial workers dont want it in their way. The other 2 stadiums are there no problem. As far as teams go, I'm only interested in NHL at the moment. I want the Sonics back of course but hockey right now is more exciting than Super Star Ball and playing the Canucks would be cool. Name them Metropolitans or I'll be pissed!
    ImageImageImageImageImage
    WhyDidntWeRun.jpg
    Crizilla
    NET Veteran

Wed Jun 07, 2017 6:09 pm
  • Coug_Hawk08 wrote:NBA is absolute garbage right now from top to bottom, AND it is unlikely we could even secure a team based on all comments coming out of Silver. So, hockey and concerts/events? :roll:

I'm pretty sure the NBA's popularity and ratings are higher than ever. If the Seahawks left Seattle, the same people would say that the NFL is a garbage product and that they wouldn't watch it. The NBA is doing great despite these lackluster playoffs. When you think about the best athletes in the world, you think of the NBA. I understand there are a lot of bitter NBA fans living in the Northwest, but the league is doing great.
    Hawk-Lock
    NET Veteran

Wed Jun 07, 2017 8:31 pm
  • Hawk-Lock wrote:
    Coug_Hawk08 wrote:NBA is absolute garbage right now from top to bottom, AND it is unlikely we could even secure a team based on all comments coming out of Silver. So, hockey and concerts/events? :roll:

I'm pretty sure the NBA's popularity and ratings are higher than ever. If the Seahawks left Seattle, the same people would say that the NFL is a garbage product and that they wouldn't watch it. The NBA is doing great despite these lackluster playoffs. When you think about the best athletes in the world, you think of the NBA. I understand there are a lot of bitter NBA fans living in the Northwest, but the league is doing great.

This deserves a cmon man. There are 4 teams that are OK. If you aren't one of them, basketball is terrible. It's a bunch of high school kids that are allowed to travel, not play defense, run around and drain threes. There is not enough talent in basketball to create parity across the league. We are seeing the same two teams play in the finals for the third year in a row. . . If you think basketball is better than ever, more power to you.

Also, I have never truly been a 'fan' of basketball, or the sonics. But I have watched enough over the years to know and appreciate quality play. To imply my opinion is based on bitterness about losing the sonics is purely false.

i really don't care if we get a team back, but for practical purposes as it relates to this project, it seems like their needs to be a commitment from both sports for it to make it even remotely worth while. Even then, I'm not at all confidant the arena would sell out past the first year.
    Coug_Hawk08
    NET Veteran

Thu Jun 08, 2017 5:42 am

They are basically unpaid HS kids who are a lot more talented that regular HS kids. But they are far from what you get at the NHL level.
    CPHawk
    NET Veteran

Thu Jun 08, 2017 6:47 am
  • yeah when the shittsburgh penguins come here or if they make the playoffs the arena will be rocking. The amount of support the Sounders get suprised me even. Seattle has a lot more people and over all is just more multi cultural than 15-20 years ago. The fans are here!
    WhyDidntWeRun.jpg
    Crizilla
    NET Veteran

Thu Jun 08, 2017 6:56 am
  • Nhl commish has apparently reviewed the plans for key arena and approved it for hockey.
    Glasgow Seahawk
    NET Veteran

Thu Jun 08, 2017 7:33 am
  • Coug_Hawk08 wrote:NBA is absolute garbage right now from top to bottom, AND it is unlikely we could even secure a team based on all comments coming out of Silver. So, hockey and concerts/events? :roll:

Kinda short sighted don't you think?

You only want basketball if it's now? If it takes 10 years to get out Sonics back, then it takes 10 years. In the mean time we can finally have a winter sport team in the NHL.

btw, anyone who doesn't care about hockey, doesn't like hockey or is apathetic to hockey in Seattle............all I ask is you go watch a game in person, you'll be hooked. Hands down the best spectator sport there is.
    Sgt. Largent
    NET Pro Bowler

Thu Jun 08, 2017 8:38 am
  • Hawk-Lock wrote:
    Coug_Hawk08 wrote:NBA is absolute garbage right now from top to bottom, AND it is unlikely we could even secure a team based on all comments coming out of Silver. So, hockey and concerts/events? :roll:

Bitter really isn't a strong enough word. And all the hate directed at the NBA from here, is WELL deserved and appropriate.
    twisted_steel2
    NET Veteran

Thu Jun 08, 2017 8:41 am
  • Glasgow Seahawk wrote:Nhl commish has apparently reviewed the plans for key arena and approved it for hockey.

Brock and Salk were talking about this, this morning. Apparently Gary Bettman has given the thumbs up, thats huge!

So if the SCC approves this Key arena package, and all the financials look good with Bonderman and Bruckheimer..... does the NHL finally award the last expansion team to them??

SO freakin' excited!!! :240039: :240039: :240039:
    twisted_steel2
    NET Veteran

Thu Jun 08, 2017 8:56 am
  • twisted_steel2 wrote:
    Glasgow Seahawk wrote:Nhl commish has apparently reviewed the plans for key arena and approved it for hockey.

Brock and Salk were talking about this, this morning. Apparently Gary Bettman has given the thumbs up, thats huge!

So if the SCC approves this Key arena package, and all the financials look good with Bonderman and Bruckheimer..... does the NHL finally award the last expansion team to them??

SO freakin' excited!!! :240039: :240039: :240039:

Lieweke this morning just said that if all goes well, MOU gets signed later this year, groundbreaking begins in 2018, or early 2019 and hockey team arrives in 2021.

But yes, I think that's exactly why the NHL has held onto an uneven amount of teams after awarding Vegas, they were waiting to see what happens here in Seattle.
    Sgt. Largent
    NET Pro Bowler

Thu Jun 08, 2017 9:11 am
  • 2021 feels like a hundred years away.
    twisted_steel2
    NET Veteran

Thu Jun 08, 2017 9:22 am
  • I'd like to see NHL here, much more than the NBA, which I don't give a crap about.. Very exciting news.
    Bobblehead
    NET Veteran

Thu Jun 08, 2017 9:54 am
  • The Canucks owner, Francesco Aquilini, seems very positive and gung-ho about all this.

http://www.king5.com/news/local/frances ... /446764380

:2thumbs:
    twisted_steel2
    NET Veteran

Thu Jun 08, 2017 10:49 am
  • twisted_steel2 wrote:The Canucks owner, Francesco Aquilini, seems very positive and gung-ho about all this.

http://www.king5.com/news/local/frances ... /446764380

:2thumbs:

Why wouldn't he be, Vancouver's been dying for a natural rival. What's their closet Pacific Division rival, Calgary? That's like 500 miles.
    Sgt. Largent
    NET Pro Bowler

Thu Jun 08, 2017 10:58 am
  • Bring on the NBA and NHL, whatever it takes to get them here. Sounds like the NHL is more on board with Seattle than the NBA. Once the NBA comes back, people from the Northwest will learn to love the league again.

I'm all for the NHL and NBA. I've grown to love NHL this year, the playoffs have been so much better than the NBA. I watch hockey casually, but I'm so drawn to it because it is so entertaining and easy to watch. Should be a good game 5 in Pittsburgh tonight.
    Hawk-Lock
    NET Veteran

Thu Jun 08, 2017 2:25 pm
  • Who's smart idea was it to put the college tournament at key arena, delaying the process.
    Glasgow Seahawk
    NET Veteran

Thu Jun 08, 2017 4:07 pm
  • NBA ratings now compared to the 90s is much different. Last years game 7 was the most watched finals game, but overall the average viewership is way down. I don't think the NBA would have approved ads on their jerseys if they weren't in a funk. There's no point in watching the NBA until the conference finals. Spurs, Warriors, Cavs...that's really it......

there is NOTHING like overtime in the NHL. I think a lot of Sounders fans would get into Hockey if they already aren't.
    WhyDidntWeRun.jpg
    Crizilla
    NET Veteran

Fri Jun 09, 2017 2:24 pm
  • Sports Press - Art Thiel

As with any park, Seattle Center, which draws more than 10 million visitors annually, has hundreds of constituencies, each believing it should have a voice in changes that may affect usage. Woe to the politician who ignores those voices. So the politician typically seeks to please most of the people most of the time with the smallest drain on public resources.

The path of least resistance is a big reason why we no longer have the Sonics, and are going through agonizing civic backflips to get back the NBA. The NBA knows all about this, and is loath to come back to Seattle’s public park.

OVG brings a world-class concert venue with NHL opportunities more so than an NBA arena.

Silver/Stern has been opposed to KeyArena and this new proposal doesn't change any of the things they have stated previously.
    "Go for Broke" - 442nd Japanese-American Battalion

Shaun Alexander #37 for the HoF - 119 Games 2176 Att 9429 Yards 4.3 YPC 100 TDs (112 TDs total) 2005 MVP

"YOU POST...TO WIN...thethread." JesterHawk
    sammyc521
    NET Veteran

Fri Jun 09, 2017 6:07 pm
  • I've always thought it was kind of a lame "pit" arena. We definitely need a full blown mother effin arena in SODO. It's a shame. It really is. I say this on the topic of sports only but keep in mind during the next Seattle elections if you want to vote for the same agenda as THIS one Seattle puts forth now. It's a disgrace we didn't get that arena deal done immediately with Stern. Bennett and Stern didn't freaking move the team because they felt like being dicks, they moved them because our city leaders didn't give a damn about the team. You aren't going to get fancy arenas with those people. Just imagine being Hansen. You're a bijillionaire and literally begging to make Seattle even more awesome and bring back our damn basketball team... and youre being rejected. It's laughable. I honestly don't know if this would happen anywhere else in the country. Think twice before you vote! I'm not taking a political stance at all just want be clear.
    WhyDidntWeRun.jpg
    Crizilla
    NET Veteran

Fri Jun 09, 2017 7:45 pm
  • Crizilla wrote:I've always thought it was kind of a lame "pit" arena. We definitely need a full blown mother effin arena in SODO. It's a shame. It really is. I say this on the topic of sports only but keep in mind during the next Seattle elections if you want to vote for the same agenda as THIS one Seattle puts forth now. It's a disgrace we didn't get that arena deal done immediately with Stern. Bennett and Stern didn't freaking move the team because they felt like being dicks, they moved them because our city leaders didn't give a damn about the team. You aren't going to get fancy arenas with those people. Just imagine being Hansen. You're a bijillionaire and literally begging to make Seattle even more awesome and bring back our damn basketball team... and youre being rejected. It's laughable. I honestly don't know if this would happen anywhere else in the country. Think twice before you vote! I'm not taking a political stance at all just want be clear.

I don't want to comment too much on the politics because I know it's frowned upon here. I will say this: The minute Hanson agreed to pay for the arena with 0 public money, probably the best arena deal in this country's history, I knew Seattle would figure out a way to eff it up. Never underestimate this city government's ability to do something stupid.
    dadof3
    NET Rookie

Sat Jun 10, 2017 8:59 am
  • dadof3 wrote:
    Crizilla wrote:I've always thought it was kind of a lame "pit" arena. We definitely need a full blown mother effin arena in SODO. It's a shame. It really is. I say this on the topic of sports only but keep in mind during the next Seattle elections if you want to vote for the same agenda as THIS one Seattle puts forth now. It's a disgrace we didn't get that arena deal done immediately with Stern. Bennett and Stern didn't freaking move the team because they felt like being dicks, they moved them because our city leaders didn't give a damn about the team. You aren't going to get fancy arenas with those people. Just imagine being Hansen. You're a bijillionaire and literally begging to make Seattle even more awesome and bring back our damn basketball team... and youre being rejected. It's laughable. I honestly don't know if this would happen anywhere else in the country. Think twice before you vote! I'm not taking a political stance at all just want be clear.

I don't want to comment too much on the politics because I know it's frowned upon here. I will say this: The minute Hanson agreed to pay for the arena with 0 public money, probably the best arena deal in this country's history, I knew Seattle would figure out a way to eff it up. Never underestimate this city government's ability to do something stupid.

I definitely won't be going to the Key arena for any games, etc unless they fix the horrendous traffic mess around that area. Adding a garage with only 850 stalls will do very little toward solving the traffic issues there. Now they removed the 850 stall garage from the plan.
    That's why I believe the SODO plan was much, much better. There's plenty of room in that area plus already having two stadiums established means there is more parking availability and it's easier to access. I live on the eastside, it would be easier for me to get to the SODO arena than it is the Key arena.
    hawkfan68
    NET Veteran

Sat Jun 10, 2017 11:15 am
  • hawkfan68 wrote:
    dadof3 wrote:
    Crizilla wrote:I've always thought it was kind of a lame "pit" arena. We definitely need a full blown mother effin arena in SODO. It's a shame. It really is. I say this on the topic of sports only but keep in mind during the next Seattle elections if you want to vote for the same agenda as THIS one Seattle puts forth now. It's a disgrace we didn't get that arena deal done immediately with Stern. Bennett and Stern didn't freaking move the team because they felt like being dicks, they moved them because our city leaders didn't give a damn about the team. You aren't going to get fancy arenas with those people. Just imagine being Hansen. You're a bijillionaire and literally begging to make Seattle even more awesome and bring back our damn basketball team... and youre being rejected. It's laughable. I honestly don't know if this would happen anywhere else in the country. Think twice before you vote! I'm not taking a political stance at all just want be clear.

I definitely won't be going to the Key arena for any games, etc unless they fix the horrendous traffic mess around that area. Adding a garage with only 850 stalls will do very little toward solving the traffic issues there. Now they removed the 850 stall garage from the plan.
    That's why I believe the SODO plan was much, much better. There's plenty of room in that area plus already having two stadiums established means there is more parking availability and it's easier to access. I live on the eastside, it would be easier for me to get to the SODO arena than it is the Key arena.

The Key Arena plan is a traffic nightmare period. For the SCC and the mayor to flat out ignore this fact is almost criminal.
    Granted, I'll be happy as hell if we get the NHL here regardless of what building they play in, but will go to very few games if I have to deal with a giant clusteryouknowwhat getting to and leaving the arena.

Sports Hernia
    NET Ring Of Honor

Mon Jun 12, 2017 8:15 am
  • Crizilla wrote:I've always thought it was kind of a lame "pit" arena. We definitely need a full blown mother effin arena in SODO. It's a shame. It really is. I say this on the topic of sports only but keep in mind during the next Seattle elections if you want to vote for the same agenda as THIS one Seattle puts forth now. It's a disgrace we didn't get that arena deal done immediately with Stern. Bennett and Stern didn't freaking move the team because they felt like being dicks, they moved them because our city leaders didn't give a damn about the team. You aren't going to get fancy arenas with those people. Just imagine being Hansen. You're a bijillionaire and literally begging to make Seattle even more awesome and bring back our damn basketball team... and youre being rejected. It's laughable. I honestly don't know if this would happen anywhere else in the country. Think twice before you vote! I'm not taking a political stance at all just want be clear.

Watch Sonicsgate when you have some time and educate yourself on exactly what went down.

From day one Bennett and Stern had only one goal in mind, to move the team to OKC. Certainly our local governments were their usual pain in the asses impossible to work selves. But make no mistake, Stern and Bennett never wanted the Sonics to stay in Seattle, and did everything in their powers to poison pill the entire process making it impossible to keep the Sonics here.

Bennett and his billionaire buddies built the Ford Center for one goal, to bring a team to OKC. Once he got into bed with Stern after Hurricane Katrina agreeing to host the Hornets, the deal was made. Stern was going to help him get a team to OKC.

The End

Sgt. Largent
    NET Pro Bowler

Mon Jun 12, 2017 10:54 am
  • Sgt. Largent wrote:

Watch Sonicsgate when you have some time and educate yourself on exactly what went down.

From day one Bennett and Stern had only one goal in mind, to move the team to OKC. Certainly our local governments were their usual pain in the asses impossible to work selves. But make no mistake, Stern and Bennett never wanted the Sonics to stay in Seattle, and did everything in their powers to poison pill the entire process making it impossible to keep the Sonics here.

Bennett and his billionaire buddies built the Ford Center for one goal, to bring a team to OKC. Once he got into bed with Stern after Hurricane Katrina agreeing to host the Hornets, the deal was made. Stern was going to help him get a team to OKC.

The End

Been awhile since I've seen it.
    I need to watch it again to remind myself how much I hate the NBA, and most associated with it.

Sports Hernia
    NET Ring Of Honor

Mon Jun 12, 2017 7:14 pm
  • Don't forget Mayor Nickels and the City Council selling out any dispute for 5 million and a empty promise.

Member of the 38 club.
    chris98251
    .NET Hijacker

Mon Jun 12, 2017 7:50 pm
  • chris98251 wrote:Don't forget Mayor Nickels and the City Council selling out any dispute for 5 million and a empty promise.

Absolutely, never forget those political dirt bags!

Sports Hernia
    NET Ring Of Honor

PreviousNext

It is currently Tue Dec 12, 2017 9:27 pm

Please REGISTER to become a member

Return to [ THE SPORTS BAR ]

Information