Seahawks.NET AMAZON STOREFRONT

Sonics/NHL/New arena thread

Discuss any and all sports-related topics. From the College Sports to Baseball and everything in between. LANGUAGE RATING: PG-13
Re: Sonics/NHL/New arena thread
Tue Sep 19, 2017 2:05 pm
  • sammyc521 wrote:
    This timeline is all about the NHL's 2020 season


    I really really want the NHL here, but just can't get over how crappy they treated Hansen through all this. Just really sours any excitement I have in potentially getting a hockey team. I mean I'll roll with this if we get a hockey team, that's the silver lining here. But wow this has been some dirty slimy politics.

    And maybe this will change, but I can't ever see the NBA coming back. No way a potential NBA owner is going to want to drop billions on a team, then have to play in an arena where they're like 3rd on the list of tenants, and don't even own it, and get no revenue from it? Bonderman and Bruckheimer are in bed with OVG and getting in on the ground floor, they're gonna be fine.

    But an NBA owner? I just can't see it. :?
    Long you live and high you fly, and smiles you’ll give and tears you’ll cry, and all you touch and all you see Is all your life will ever be
    User avatar
    twisted_steel2
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 6573
    Joined: Sun Mar 04, 2007 9:41 am
    Location: Ballard


Re: Sonics/NHL/New arena thread
Tue Sep 19, 2017 5:39 pm
  • CH Has gotten the shaft the whole way. He has been too honest in the process.
    "Honest brokers" scare politicians of all political hues. Politicans want their kickbacks while looking all powerful and in control.

    If we get an NHL and NBA team it will be because he had the "man marbles" to get the ball rolling.
    SEATTLE SEAHAWKS SUPERBOWL XLVIII CHAMPIONS!

    May the spirit of our friend The Radish live on forever!

    I SO do not care about your fantasy team and who's on it!
    Sports Hernia
    NET Ring Of Honor
     
    Posts: 23257
    Joined: Thu Apr 30, 2009 4:36 pm
    Location: The pit


Re: Sonics/NHL/New arena thread
Wed Sep 20, 2017 7:59 am
  • twisted_steel2 wrote:
    sammyc521 wrote:
    This timeline is all about the NHL's 2020 season


    I really really want the NHL here, but just can't get over how crappy they treated Hansen through all this. Just really sours any excitement I have in potentially getting a hockey team. I mean I'll roll with this if we get a hockey team, that's the silver lining here. But wow this has been some dirty slimy politics.

    And maybe this will change, but I can't ever see the NBA coming back. No way a potential NBA owner is going to want to drop billions on a team, then have to play in an arena where they're like 3rd on the list of tenants, and don't even own it, and get no revenue from it? Bonderman and Bruckheimer are in bed with OVG and getting in on the ground floor, they're gonna be fine.

    But an NBA owner? I just can't see it. :?


    Balmer doesn't own Staples, and there are other examples, as well as at least 10 NHL owners don't own their arenas.

    So it's not a unique thing that would stop an owner from going after an NBA or NHL team in Seattle.

    Ideally I think owners like to have that revenue stream and control, but billionaires aren't stupid. If they see an opportunity to own a financial asset with the growth potential of a pro sports franchise? In the 8th largest market with tremendous affluency like Seattle?

    They'll be lining up my friend.
    If there is no Seahawk football in heaven, then we will never die.
    User avatar
    Sgt. Largent
    NET Pro Bowler
     
    Posts: 12441
    Joined: Mon Oct 01, 2012 10:10 am


Re: Sonics/NHL/New arena thread
Wed Sep 20, 2017 9:01 am
  • I would be happy with NHL only at this point. I miss the Sonics as much as the rest of you but when they took the Sonics from us it soiled the entire sport for me.

    Also if I was Hanson I would tell the city of seattle to piss off and go find a city that really wants a team.
    The LOLs of the many outweigh the shame of the few
    User avatar
    Msfann
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 1873
    Joined: Mon Mar 05, 2007 3:37 am


Re: Sonics/NHL/New arena thread
Thu Sep 21, 2017 11:50 pm
  • Sgt. Largent wrote:
    twisted_steel2 wrote:
    sammyc521 wrote:
    This timeline is all about the NHL's 2020 season


    I really really want the NHL here, but just can't get over how crappy they treated Hansen through all this. Just really sours any excitement I have in potentially getting a hockey team. I mean I'll roll with this if we get a hockey team, that's the silver lining here. But wow this has been some dirty slimy politics.

    And maybe this will change, but I can't ever see the NBA coming back. No way a potential NBA owner is going to want to drop billions on a team, then have to play in an arena where they're like 3rd on the list of tenants, and don't even own it, and get no revenue from it? Bonderman and Bruckheimer are in bed with OVG and getting in on the ground floor, they're gonna be fine.

    But an NBA owner? I just can't see it. :?


    Balmer doesn't own Staples, and there are other examples, as well as at least 10 NHL owners don't own their arenas.

    So it's not a unique thing that would stop an owner from going after an NBA or NHL team in Seattle.

    Ideally I think owners like to have that revenue stream and control, but billionaires aren't stupid. If they see an opportunity to own a financial asset with the growth potential of a pro sports franchise? In the 8th largest market with tremendous affluency like Seattle?

    They'll be lining up my friend.
    Seattle is the 8th largest market? Since when did we become top 10? Lol


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    User avatar
    dopeboy206
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 978
    Joined: Tue May 07, 2013 9:47 am


Re: Sonics/NHL/New arena thread
Thu Sep 21, 2017 11:53 pm
  • Sgt. Largent wrote:
    twisted_steel2 wrote:
    sammyc521 wrote:
    This timeline is all about the NHL's 2020 season


    I really really want the NHL here, but just can't get over how crappy they treated Hansen through all this. Just really sours any excitement I have in potentially getting a hockey team. I mean I'll roll with this if we get a hockey team, that's the silver lining here. But wow this has been some dirty slimy politics.

    And maybe this will change, but I can't ever see the NBA coming back. No way a potential NBA owner is going to want to drop billions on a team, then have to play in an arena where they're like 3rd on the list of tenants, and don't even own it, and get no revenue from it? Bonderman and Bruckheimer are in bed with OVG and getting in on the ground floor, they're gonna be fine.

    But an NBA owner? I just can't see it. :?


    Balmer doesn't own Staples, and there are other examples, as well as at least 10 NHL owners don't own their arenas.

    So it's not a unique thing that would stop an owner from going after an NBA or NHL team in Seattle.

    Ideally I think owners like to have that revenue stream and control, but billionaires aren't stupid. If they see an opportunity to own a financial asset with the growth potential of a pro sports franchise? In the 8th largest market with tremendous affluency like Seattle?

    They'll be lining up my friend.
    Seattle is the 8th largest market? Since when did we become top 10? Lol


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    User avatar
    dopeboy206
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 978
    Joined: Tue May 07, 2013 9:47 am


Re: Sonics/NHL/New arena thread
Fri Sep 22, 2017 9:25 am
  • dopeboy206 wrote:
    Sgt. Largent wrote:
    twisted_steel2 wrote:
    sammyc521 wrote:
    This timeline is all about the NHL's 2020 season


    I really really want the NHL here, but just can't get over how crappy they treated Hansen through all this. Just really sours any excitement I have in potentially getting a hockey team. I mean I'll roll with this if we get a hockey team, that's the silver lining here. But wow this has been some dirty slimy politics.

    And maybe this will change, but I can't ever see the NBA coming back. No way a potential NBA owner is going to want to drop billions on a team, then have to play in an arena where they're like 3rd on the list of tenants, and don't even own it, and get no revenue from it? Bonderman and Bruckheimer are in bed with OVG and getting in on the ground floor, they're gonna be fine.

    But an NBA owner? I just can't see it. :?


    Balmer doesn't own Staples, and there are other examples, as well as at least 10 NHL owners don't own their arenas.

    So it's not a unique thing that would stop an owner from going after an NBA or NHL team in Seattle.

    Ideally I think owners like to have that revenue stream and control, but billionaires aren't stupid. If they see an opportunity to own a financial asset with the growth potential of a pro sports franchise? In the 8th largest market with tremendous affluency like Seattle?

    They'll be lining up my friend.
    Seattle is the 8th largest market? Since when did we become top 10? Lol


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk


    Sorry, 14th. Doesn't change the narrative...............and it's probably top 5 for affluency, which is even more important when leagues and owners are deciding where to expand and move franchises.
    If there is no Seahawk football in heaven, then we will never die.
    User avatar
    Sgt. Largent
    NET Pro Bowler
     
    Posts: 12441
    Joined: Mon Oct 01, 2012 10:10 am


Re: Sonics/NHL/New arena thread
Sat Sep 23, 2017 6:09 pm
  • Msfann wrote:I would be happy with NHL only at this point. I miss the Sonics as much as the rest of you but when they took the Sonics from us it soiled the entire sport for me.

    Also if I was Hanson I would tell the city of seattle to piss off and go find a city that really wants a team.


    spot on

    Hansen needs to say "eff you" to the city of the Seattle. Force the people (us) to change who governs our city. It's the only way. THE ONLY WAY. If we don't change who we vote for, nothing will change. WAKE UP FOLKS
    ImageImageImageImageImage
    WhyDidntWeRun.jpg
    User avatar
    Crizilla
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 2325
    Joined: Mon Apr 02, 2012 6:52 pm
    Location: Kirkland


Re: Sonics/NHL/New arena thread
Sat Sep 23, 2017 7:34 pm
  • Crizilla wrote:
    Msfann wrote:I would be happy with NHL only at this point. I miss the Sonics as much as the rest of you but when they took the Sonics from us it soiled the entire sport for me.

    Also if I was Hanson I would tell the city of seattle to piss off and go find a city that really wants a team.


    spot on

    Hansen needs to say "eff you" to the city of the Seattle. Force the people (us) to change who governs our city. It's the only way. THE ONLY WAY. If we don't change who we vote for, nothing will change. WAKE UP FOLKS

    I agree. Only part is I can't change it because I don't live in Seattle.
    SEATTLE SEAHAWKS SUPERBOWL XLVIII CHAMPIONS!

    May the spirit of our friend The Radish live on forever!

    I SO do not care about your fantasy team and who's on it!
    Sports Hernia
    NET Ring Of Honor
     
    Posts: 23257
    Joined: Thu Apr 30, 2009 4:36 pm
    Location: The pit


Re: Sonics/NHL/New arena thread
Sun Sep 24, 2017 12:29 pm
  • Sgt. Largent wrote:
    twisted_steel2 wrote:
    sammyc521 wrote:
    This timeline is all about the NHL's 2020 season


    I really really want the NHL here, but just can't get over how crappy they treated Hansen through all this. Just really sours any excitement I have in potentially getting a hockey team. I mean I'll roll with this if we get a hockey team, that's the silver lining here. But wow this has been some dirty slimy politics.

    And maybe this will change, but I can't ever see the NBA coming back. No way a potential NBA owner is going to want to drop billions on a team, then have to play in an arena where they're like 3rd on the list of tenants, and don't even own it, and get no revenue from it? Bonderman and Bruckheimer are in bed with OVG and getting in on the ground floor, they're gonna be fine.

    But an NBA owner? I just can't see it. :?


    Balmer doesn't own Staples, and there are other examples, as well as at least 10 NHL owners don't own their arenas.

    So it's not a unique thing that would stop an owner from going after an NBA or NHL team in Seattle.

    Ideally I think owners like to have that revenue stream and control, but billionaires aren't stupid. If they see an opportunity to own a financial asset with the growth potential of a pro sports franchise? In the 8th largest market with tremendous affluency like Seattle?

    They'll be lining up my friend.


    Ballmer is creating his own stadium precisely because he isn't getting the money from owning it. A lot of NBA teams apparently lost money last year. No billionaire is going to want to deal with a structure tied in with dealing with the SCC.
    randomation
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 1122
    Joined: Sat Jan 11, 2014 2:35 pm


Re: Sonics/NHL/New arena thread
Sun Sep 24, 2017 3:36 pm
  • randomation wrote:
    Sgt. Largent wrote:
    twisted_steel2 wrote:
    sammyc521 wrote:
    This timeline is all about the NHL's 2020 season


    I really really want the NHL here, but just can't get over how crappy they treated Hansen through all this. Just really sours any excitement I have in potentially getting a hockey team. I mean I'll roll with this if we get a hockey team, that's the silver lining here. But wow this has been some dirty slimy politics.

    And maybe this will change, but I can't ever see the NBA coming back. No way a potential NBA owner is going to want to drop billions on a team, then have to play in an arena where they're like 3rd on the list of tenants, and don't even own it, and get no revenue from it? Bonderman and Bruckheimer are in bed with OVG and getting in on the ground floor, they're gonna be fine.

    But an NBA owner? I just can't see it. :?


    Balmer doesn't own Staples, and there are other examples, as well as at least 10 NHL owners don't own their arenas.

    So it's not a unique thing that would stop an owner from going after an NBA or NHL team in Seattle.

    Ideally I think owners like to have that revenue stream and control, but billionaires aren't stupid. If they see an opportunity to own a financial asset with the growth potential of a pro sports franchise? In the 8th largest market with tremendous affluency like Seattle?

    They'll be lining up my friend.


    Ballmer is creating his own stadium precisely because he isn't getting the money from owning it. A lot of NBA teams apparently lost money last year. No billionaire is going to want to deal with a structure tied in with dealing with the SCC.

    This


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    User avatar
    dopeboy206
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 978
    Joined: Tue May 07, 2013 9:47 am


Re: Sonics/NHL/New arena thread
Mon Sep 25, 2017 7:51 am
  • randomation wrote:
    Sgt. Largent wrote:
    twisted_steel2 wrote:
    sammyc521 wrote:
    This timeline is all about the NHL's 2020 season


    I really really want the NHL here, but just can't get over how crappy they treated Hansen through all this. Just really sours any excitement I have in potentially getting a hockey team. I mean I'll roll with this if we get a hockey team, that's the silver lining here. But wow this has been some dirty slimy politics.

    And maybe this will change, but I can't ever see the NBA coming back. No way a potential NBA owner is going to want to drop billions on a team, then have to play in an arena where they're like 3rd on the list of tenants, and don't even own it, and get no revenue from it? Bonderman and Bruckheimer are in bed with OVG and getting in on the ground floor, they're gonna be fine.

    But an NBA owner? I just can't see it. :?


    Balmer doesn't own Staples, and there are other examples, as well as at least 10 NHL owners don't own their arenas.

    So it's not a unique thing that would stop an owner from going after an NBA or NHL team in Seattle.

    Ideally I think owners like to have that revenue stream and control, but billionaires aren't stupid. If they see an opportunity to own a financial asset with the growth potential of a pro sports franchise? In the 8th largest market with tremendous affluency like Seattle?

    They'll be lining up my friend.


    Ballmer is creating his own stadium precisely because he isn't getting the money from owning it. A lot of NBA teams apparently lost money last year. No billionaire is going to want to deal with a structure tied in with dealing with the SCC.


    I get it, it's not ideal for an owner not to at least have partial ownership of the stadium/arena they're playing in.

    I was just pointing out that it does happen, so IMO it still wouldn't preclude an ownership group from trying to re-locate to Seattle.
    If there is no Seahawk football in heaven, then we will never die.
    User avatar
    Sgt. Largent
    NET Pro Bowler
     
    Posts: 12441
    Joined: Mon Oct 01, 2012 10:10 am


Re: Sonics/NHL/New arena thread
Thu Sep 28, 2017 12:45 pm
  • Sgt. Largent wrote:
    DJrmb wrote:That's exactly how you get business done, especially dealing with public interest groups like mayors, states and councils.

    You propose, then you react accordingly.

    From the very beginning all Hansen heard from the mayor's and council offices was "yeah sounds awesome, but what about Key Arena?" Yet Hansen continued down the SODO road.

    We all knew that the mayor and council wanted Key renovated, and really had no interest in SODO AT LEAST 3-4 years ago. Again, Hansen continued to push SODO.

    I love the dude, I would have bailed long before he did. But his fatal mistake was continuing to try and get SODO done, even thought he temperature of the mayor and council for a good 3-4 years was Key Arena, Key Arena, and more Key Arena.

    Now Oakview comes around and Hansen sees what he should have seen a long time ago, he's out in the cold with no whale and no development group.


    Yeah...for several years there was no other proposal in sight and no leverage against Hansen to push him to the Key Arena proposal. Dealing with Seattle I don't think it's outlandish to let them marinate in the offer for years and keep incrementally upping the ante to avoid negotiating with yourself.

    Oakview came around and he knew that was a risk but that doesn't make his approach wrong, or more wrong than moving in small increments to find the spot that would satisfy Seattle but maximize his profits.

    I do think it's possible the city didn't shaft Hansen, they simply prioritized Key Arena much more highly than getting basketball or any team. Given the long(er) shot the OVG proposal is to land a basketball team, this explanation stays upright so far to me.

    I'm not entirely certain it was the wrong approach by the city either. Wrong for basketball fans perhaps - we'll see - but renovate their asset without adding another potential albatross in 10 years in SODO and alienating the port? Winner winner.

    I feel for Queen Anne residents and basketball fans though.
    hawk45
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 8217
    Joined: Sun Sep 27, 2009 1:08 pm


Re: Sonics/NHL/New arena thread
Fri Sep 29, 2017 10:56 pm
  • hawk45 wrote:
    Sgt. Largent wrote:
    DJrmb wrote:That's exactly how you get business done, especially dealing with public interest groups like mayors, states and councils.

    You propose, then you react accordingly.

    From the very beginning all Hansen heard from the mayor's and council offices was "yeah sounds awesome, but what about Key Arena?" Yet Hansen continued down the SODO road.

    We all knew that the mayor and council wanted Key renovated, and really had no interest in SODO AT LEAST 3-4 years ago. Again, Hansen continued to push SODO.

    I love the dude, I would have bailed long before he did. But his fatal mistake was continuing to try and get SODO done, even thought he temperature of the mayor and council for a good 3-4 years was Key Arena, Key Arena, and more Key Arena.

    Now Oakview comes around and Hansen sees what he should have seen a long time ago, he's out in the cold with no whale and no development group.


    Yeah...for several years there was no other proposal in sight and no leverage against Hansen to push him to the Key Arena proposal. Dealing with Seattle I don't think it's outlandish to let them marinate in the offer for years and keep incrementally upping the ante to avoid negotiating with yourself.

    Oakview came around and he knew that was a risk but that doesn't make his approach wrong, or more wrong than moving in small increments to find the spot that would satisfy Seattle but maximize his profits.

    I do think it's possible the city didn't shaft Hansen, they simply prioritized Key Arena much more highly than getting basketball or any team. Given the long(er) shot the OVG proposal is to land a basketball team, this explanation stays upright so far to me.

    I'm not entirely certain it was the wrong approach by the city either. Wrong for basketball fans perhaps - we'll see - but renovate their asset without adding another potential albatross in 10 years in SODO and alienating the port? Winner winner.

    I feel for Queen Anne residents and basketball fans though.


    They shafted him. Any other city would be on all fours in front of Hansen after his last offer they probably would have been down there are his first offer of a fully private funded stadium and overpass. Unfortunately the port owns the city council.
    randomation
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 1122
    Joined: Sat Jan 11, 2014 2:35 pm


Re: Sonics/NHL/New arena thread
Tue Oct 10, 2017 8:22 pm

Re: Sonics/NHL/New arena thread
Wed Oct 11, 2017 7:17 am




  • Some context, a kid spoke in front of the council, he said he's been going to Portland watching the Trailblazers to get his basketball fix. He wished he had that experience in Seattle.

    And that's how Juarez responded to him. :roll:
    Long you live and high you fly, and smiles you’ll give and tears you’ll cry, and all you touch and all you see Is all your life will ever be
    User avatar
    twisted_steel2
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 6573
    Joined: Sun Mar 04, 2007 9:41 am
    Location: Ballard


Re: Sonics/NHL/New arena thread
Wed Oct 11, 2017 6:33 pm
  • Again it also shows that these idiots have no clue about the fan perspective, WNBA and NBA being compared to each other is something a person who isn't a fan of Basketball in general would say. Both leagues represented on a different level in this City and even a vacated Sonics team is much more widely talked about then the existing Storm Team in general.
    Image

    To Be P/C or Not P/C That is the Question..........Seahawks kick Ass !!!!
    Check your PM's, Thank you for everything Radish RIP My Friend. :les:
    Member of the 38 club.
    User avatar
    chris98251
    .NET Hijacker
     
    Posts: 22463
    Joined: Tue Feb 27, 2007 10:52 pm
    Location: Renton Wa.


Re: Sonics/NHL/New arena thread
Mon Dec 04, 2017 10:59 am
  • Did I hear Mike Salk right this morning that once the MOU for Seattle Center gets confirmed today that the NHL are likely to announce a 2020 Seattle team later this week at league meetings?

    Though that would take months to do.

    My biggest fear has been that OVG do a Kansas City and build an arena that doesn't get a team and both them and the city are happy doing concerts only.
    Glasgow Seahawk
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 1101
    Joined: Tue Feb 05, 2013 3:57 pm


Re: Sonics/NHL/New arena thread
Mon Dec 04, 2017 2:59 pm
  • Glasgow Seahawk wrote:Did I hear Mike Salk right this morning that once the MOU for Seattle Center gets confirmed today that the NHL are likely to announce a 2020 Seattle team later this week at league meetings?

    Though that would take months to do.

    My biggest fear has been that OVG do a Kansas City and build an arena that doesn't get a team and both them and the city are happy doing concerts only.


    Every report I've read said that the NHL has been waiting on this for a year now holding onto their 32nd franchise because they wanted to give Seattle every shot at it.

    As cynical as I am towards our bodies of government, I can't see how even they screw this up. It's a slam dunk for the NHL and city to trust the OVG group and their NHL ties to bring a team here once the MOU is approved...........which it is suppose to be 8-1 today.
    If there is no Seahawk football in heaven, then we will never die.
    User avatar
    Sgt. Largent
    NET Pro Bowler
     
    Posts: 12441
    Joined: Mon Oct 01, 2012 10:10 am


Re: Sonics/NHL/New arena thread
Mon Dec 04, 2017 4:02 pm
  • I think it's a no brainer for the NHL with all the tech money here and the proximity to Vancouver. If for some reason people in Seattle don't 'get' hockey I think there will always be interest up north due to a geographical rivalry with the Canucks. Pretty sure it would be easier and possibly cheaper to get tickets than Canucks games too with the Canucks being the only real show in town.

    Surprised the NBA are reluctant and would rather go to smaller areas.
    Glasgow Seahawk
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 1101
    Joined: Tue Feb 05, 2013 3:57 pm


Re: Sonics/NHL/New arena thread
Mon Dec 04, 2017 4:18 pm
  • I'd love to see a hockey team here..NBA can go take a leap as far as I'm concerned.
    User avatar
    Bobblehead
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 1985
    Joined: Mon Dec 10, 2012 11:52 am


Re: Sonics/NHL/New arena thread
Tue Dec 05, 2017 8:43 am
  • Anyone read this?

    http://www.king5.com/news/local/arena/h ... /496836039

    Boy they sure showed all those big meanie sports fans didnt they? :roll:
    Long you live and high you fly, and smiles you’ll give and tears you’ll cry, and all you touch and all you see Is all your life will ever be
    User avatar
    twisted_steel2
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 6573
    Joined: Sun Mar 04, 2007 9:41 am
    Location: Ballard


Re: Sonics/NHL/New arena thread
Tue Dec 05, 2017 9:15 am
  • twisted_steel2 wrote:Anyone read this?

    http://www.king5.com/news/local/arena/h ... /496836039

    Boy they sure showed all those big meanie sports fans didnt they? :roll:


    Holy moly, that's some of the most self righteous sanctimonious crap I've ever read.

    I have no doubt the female council members were harassed, but make no mistake this arena deal got done for one reason and one reason only, because the OVG group is renovating the money pit that is Key Arena, and doing it all on their dime.
    If there is no Seahawk football in heaven, then we will never die.
    User avatar
    Sgt. Largent
    NET Pro Bowler
     
    Posts: 12441
    Joined: Mon Oct 01, 2012 10:10 am


Re: Sonics/NHL/New arena thread
Tue Dec 05, 2017 9:16 am
  • I get that the Port and council completely mismanaged the Sodo issue and everything is fishy. I also get that Seattle Center is a poor site for an arena.

    At this point though, i'm past getting pissed about it and will be delighted if/when an NHL team is announced and will count down the days.

    Not sure what this means for the Sonics. If the NHL team is a huge success then you can point to that. The NBA can't point to no facility as i'm guessing it will be 'good enough' when rebuilt and better than other arenas in the league (although SODO may have been far better).

    If i'm Hanson I stick the finger up to the city, sell the land to anyone but the port, buy land in Tukwila/Seatac to try and appeal to south Seattle/Tacoma and build my own arena/get an MOU in place designed for NBA. Then try and take as many gigs off the Seattle Center. I doubt the city of Seattle could do much to stop him if he's in Tukwila.
    Glasgow Seahawk
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 1101
    Joined: Tue Feb 05, 2013 3:57 pm


Re: Sonics/NHL/New arena thread
Tue Dec 05, 2017 9:21 am
  • Sgt. Largent wrote:
    twisted_steel2 wrote:Anyone read this?

    http://www.king5.com/news/local/arena/h ... /496836039

    Boy they sure showed all those big meanie sports fans didnt they? :roll:


    Holy moly, that's some of the most self righteous sanctimonious crap I've ever read.

    I have no doubt the female council members were harassed, but make no mistake this arena deal got done for one reason and one reason only, because the OVG group is renovating the money pit that is Key Arena, and doing it all on their dime.


    From what i've read, the tax breaks they get will earn them a fortune. So it's own dime but in a round about way still public money. I still don't get how they improve the infrastructure around Key Arena especially the monorail argument.

    Maybe some sort of shuttle would work? Park somewhere with lightrail/park and ride access, like husky stadiums car park and have a shuttle service to the arena, maybe keeping a dedicated lane of traffic between the stadium and mercer st?
    Glasgow Seahawk
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 1101
    Joined: Tue Feb 05, 2013 3:57 pm


Re: Sonics/NHL/New arena thread
Tue Dec 05, 2017 9:27 am
  • Glasgow Seahawk wrote:
    Sgt. Largent wrote:
    twisted_steel2 wrote:Anyone read this?

    http://www.king5.com/news/local/arena/h ... /496836039

    Boy they sure showed all those big meanie sports fans didnt they? :roll:


    Holy moly, that's some of the most self righteous sanctimonious crap I've ever read.

    I have no doubt the female council members were harassed, but make no mistake this arena deal got done for one reason and one reason only, because the OVG group is renovating the money pit that is Key Arena, and doing it all on their dime.


    From what i've read, the tax breaks they get will earn them a fortune. So it's own dime but in a round about way still public money. I still don't get how they improve the infrastructure around Key Arena especially the monorail argument.

    Maybe some sort of shuttle would work? Park somewhere with lightrail/park and ride access, like husky stadiums car park and have a shuttle service to the arena, maybe keeping a dedicated lane of traffic between the stadium and mercer st?


    That's how business works. you rub my back, I'll rub yours.

    I'd much rather the arena be in SODO and built by Hansen. It's a better choice all the way around with what you're talking about logistically.

    But he grossly miscalculated the temperature of the city and county government, and allowed another group to come in and give our bodies of government what they wanted all along, for the Key site to get renovated.

    But enough's enough, we've gone long enough with this nonsense. If it's Key? Then let's go, let's get it done and get hockey and hopefully basketball back. I'm not going to crap all over this because it's not what I wanted. What I want is hockey and basketball, and if the OVG deal is how that gets done? Then I'm in with both feet.
    If there is no Seahawk football in heaven, then we will never die.
    User avatar
    Sgt. Largent
    NET Pro Bowler
     
    Posts: 12441
    Joined: Mon Oct 01, 2012 10:10 am


Re: Sonics/NHL/New arena thread
Tue Dec 05, 2017 10:13 am
  • Sgt. Largent wrote:
    Glasgow Seahawk wrote:
    Sgt. Largent wrote:
    twisted_steel2 wrote:Anyone read this?

    http://www.king5.com/news/local/arena/h ... /496836039

    Boy they sure showed all those big meanie sports fans didnt they? :roll:


    Holy moly, that's some of the most self righteous sanctimonious crap I've ever read.

    I have no doubt the female council members were harassed, but make no mistake this arena deal got done for one reason and one reason only, because the OVG group is renovating the money pit that is Key Arena, and doing it all on their dime.


    From what i've read, the tax breaks they get will earn them a fortune. So it's own dime but in a round about way still public money. I still don't get how they improve the infrastructure around Key Arena especially the monorail argument.

    Maybe some sort of shuttle would work? Park somewhere with lightrail/park and ride access, like husky stadiums car park and have a shuttle service to the arena, maybe keeping a dedicated lane of traffic between the stadium and mercer st?


    That's how business works. you rub my back, I'll rub yours.

    I'd much rather the arena be in SODO and built by Hansen. It's a better choice all the way around with what you're talking about logistically.

    But he grossly miscalculated the temperature of the city and county government, and allowed another group to come in and give our bodies of government what they wanted all along, for the Key site to get renovated.

    But enough's enough, we've gone long enough with this nonsense. If it's Key? Then let's go, let's get it done and get hockey and hopefully basketball back. I'm not going to crap all over this because it's not what I wanted. What I want is hockey and basketball, and if the OVG deal is how that gets done? Then I'm in with both feet.



    Agreed on this. If hockey is confirmed this week i'll be counting down the days till the team plays. I don't know shit about hockey but i'll be a fan and learn it. Most likely would watch the games on tv but would try go to a game or 2 a season. I think the sport will do great. There's a winter sport gap in this city, lots of money, lots on incomers and close enough to Canada for people there to take a day trip. If the team starts off playing well...even better. We really only have the Seahawks and Mariners as our pro American sports teams and the Mariners have sucked for so long. I feel hockey will be like the Sounders, appeal to a specific segment of the city but have a passionate and well attended support.
    Glasgow Seahawk
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 1101
    Joined: Tue Feb 05, 2013 3:57 pm


Re: Sonics/NHL/New arena thread
Tue Dec 05, 2017 1:10 pm
  • Bunch of pissed off women that took it and ran with making sure Hansen did not get a deal, Kudos for finding a way to get the Key done, notice it happens coincidently when we have a newly elected female mayor also. I am Woman hear me roar statement and a vendetta really. Reading the Article she is no Lady, more like a Vindictive Ex Wife that want's to ruin their ex husbands life at all costs.
    Image

    To Be P/C or Not P/C That is the Question..........Seahawks kick Ass !!!!
    Check your PM's, Thank you for everything Radish RIP My Friend. :les:
    Member of the 38 club.
    User avatar
    chris98251
    .NET Hijacker
     
    Posts: 22463
    Joined: Tue Feb 27, 2007 10:52 pm
    Location: Renton Wa.


Re: Sonics/NHL/New arena thread
Tue Dec 05, 2017 1:33 pm
  • I cannot wait for the NHL..I never had a hockey jersey before but I will.
    User avatar
    IndyHawk
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 3277
    Joined: Thu Dec 19, 2013 1:42 pm


Re: Sonics/NHL/New arena thread
Tue Dec 05, 2017 1:35 pm
  • IndyHawk wrote:I cannot wait for the NHL..I never had a hockey jersey before but I will.


    You gotta call it a hockey "sweater" so you can sound like a legit fan..............and yes I'm super excited. I loved my Sonics, but I'm a bigger hockey fan.

    And if you've never been to a hockey match, there's no better sport to see in person than hockey. It's incredible.
    If there is no Seahawk football in heaven, then we will never die.
    User avatar
    Sgt. Largent
    NET Pro Bowler
     
    Posts: 12441
    Joined: Mon Oct 01, 2012 10:10 am


Re: Sonics/NHL/New arena thread
Tue Dec 05, 2017 1:35 pm
  • Juraez says Hansen was given a free pass by the press through it all.
    “The media created this fiction (about him),” she said, “There was no team. There was no arena. They were not shovel ready.
    Juarez says it didn’t help because Hansen was always missing a vital part of the equation.
    “A deal was a deal. Mr. Hansen did not come up with a team. Nobody wants to hold Mr. Hansen to what he was supposed to deliver,” Juarez said “Had Mr. Hansen come forward with a basketball team, that would have been a completely different -– pardon the pun –- ballgame. But he didn’t. It was a failed MOU, and the city did not fail. Mr. Hansen did.”


    Ok....

    But now she's talking about her precious Key Arena MOU....

    They voted 7-1 to approve the MOU on Monday.
    Juarez says she’s not going to promise an NHL team or NBA team will play in the building because, “It would be hypocritical of me to say that is true,” with a “pretend team in a pretend arena.”


    Uuummmm, am I missing something here?

    Double standard?

    Still to this day it's like she doesnt understand the SodoArena MOU was just to be shovel ready when a team was acquired. She held them to a higher standard than the KeyArena. Which she admits they might never get a team.

    It failed b/c they refused to give up a 1 block dead end alley. God she's infuriating.
    Long you live and high you fly, and smiles you’ll give and tears you’ll cry, and all you touch and all you see Is all your life will ever be
    User avatar
    twisted_steel2
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 6573
    Joined: Sun Mar 04, 2007 9:41 am
    Location: Ballard


Re: Sonics/NHL/New arena thread
Tue Dec 05, 2017 6:23 pm
  • This whole arena issue is politics at its worst!

    IMHO Hanson (who should be hailed as a hero) played it too nice, and the Seattle City Council walked all over him because of it. Plus the Port is in the Seattle City Councils pockets and wants the land down there that Hanson now owns.

    I’ll be very happy to get the NHL here. ....though I don’t like how it when down and the Key arena is in a horrible location traffic and parking wise.
    SEATTLE SEAHAWKS SUPERBOWL XLVIII CHAMPIONS!

    May the spirit of our friend The Radish live on forever!

    I SO do not care about your fantasy team and who's on it!
    Sports Hernia
    NET Ring Of Honor
     
    Posts: 23257
    Joined: Thu Apr 30, 2009 4:36 pm
    Location: The pit


Re: Sonics/NHL/New arena thread
Tue Dec 05, 2017 6:26 pm
  • twisted_steel2 wrote:
    Juraez says Hansen was given a free pass by the press through it all.
    “The media created this fiction (about him),” she said, “There was no team. There was no arena. They were not shovel ready.
    Juarez says it didn’t help because Hansen was always missing a vital part of the equation.
    “A deal was a deal. Mr. Hansen did not come up with a team. Nobody wants to hold Mr. Hansen to what he was supposed to deliver,” Juarez said “Had Mr. Hansen come forward with a basketball team, that would have been a completely different -– pardon the pun –- ballgame. But he didn’t. It was a failed MOU, and the city did not fail. Mr. Hansen did.”


    Ok....

    But now she's talking about her precious Key Arena MOU....

    They voted 7-1 to approve the MOU on Monday.
    Juarez says she’s not going to promise an NHL team or NBA team will play in the building because, “It would be hypocritical of me to say that is true,” with a “pretend team in a pretend arena.”


    Uuummmm, am I missing something here?

    Double standard?

    Still to this day it's like she doesnt understand the SodoArena MOU was just to be shovel ready when a team was acquired. She held them to a higher standard than the KeyArena. Which she admits they might never get a team.

    It failed b/c they refused to give up a 1 block dead end alley. God she's infuriating.

    The problem with most of the SCC is they didn’t want to know the facts because it went against their agenda to revive the money pit known as key arena. Plus they are being “compensated” by the Port.
    SEATTLE SEAHAWKS SUPERBOWL XLVIII CHAMPIONS!

    May the spirit of our friend The Radish live on forever!

    I SO do not care about your fantasy team and who's on it!
    Sports Hernia
    NET Ring Of Honor
     
    Posts: 23257
    Joined: Thu Apr 30, 2009 4:36 pm
    Location: The pit


Re: Sonics/NHL/New arena thread
Tue Dec 05, 2017 7:41 pm
  • The thing that cracks me up is her interview, she's a real lady and looks to be easily offended by some of the peoples remarks, Not Hansen's but held him accountable for them.

    When a public figure in a interview talks like this it sounds more like she should be in a Bar having a few drinks and speaking to a bunch of the cast of Sons of Anarchy.

    "I’m about delivering and getting shit done," Juarez said.


    “You don’t even know, motherfucker, what I’ve done,” Juarez said, talking indirectly about the fans who criticized her vote last year, who hadn’t see the research she did before the SoDo arena street vacation vote.


    “It shoulda been called a hate crime,” Juarez said, “It was, 'You’re a cunt. You’re a whore. You’re a dumb bitch,'” She says, in detail, there were calls to her office saying they knew where she lived and, according to Juarez, there were social media threats to her children and Seattle Police were forced to come to her house.
    “It wasn’t backlash,” she said, “It was violent.”


    “I was slapped upside the head for being a woman, and having an opinion about a sport,” Juarez said.


    Juarez says it didn’t help because Hansen was always missing a vital part of the equation.
    “A deal was a deal. Mr. Hansen did not come up with a team. Nobody wants to hold Mr. Hansen to what he was supposed to deliver,” Juarez said “Had Mr. Hansen come forward with a basketball team, that would have been a completely different -– pardon the pun –- ballgame. But he didn’t. It was a failed MOU, and the city did not fail. Mr. Hansen did.”


    She went after him and did a work around, they took the approach of being counter Hansen and Leiweke being savvy himself took advantage, pretty sure if anything viable was presented they would approve this out of spite and to posture themselves politically going forward.
    Image

    To Be P/C or Not P/C That is the Question..........Seahawks kick Ass !!!!
    Check your PM's, Thank you for everything Radish RIP My Friend. :les:
    Member of the 38 club.
    User avatar
    chris98251
    .NET Hijacker
     
    Posts: 22463
    Joined: Tue Feb 27, 2007 10:52 pm
    Location: Renton Wa.


Re: Sonics/NHL/New arena thread
Wed Dec 06, 2017 9:14 am
  • chris98251 wrote:
    She went after him and did a work around, they took the approach of being counter Hansen and Leiweke being savvy himself took advantage, pretty sure if anything viable was presented they would approve this out of spite and to posture themselves politically going forward.


    Hansen knew what he had to do, Juarez is right about that part.

    That's why he went so hard after the Kings, he knew that the temperament of the councils was "get a team first, then we'll discuss the SODO project more seriously."

    The problem was the NBA was the opposite "get the arena, then we'll discuss a team."

    Having said all this, doesn't excuse Juarez's comments. She's just like every other politician, taking this as an opportunity to create some narrative where she looks like a victim, then a hero.
    If there is no Seahawk football in heaven, then we will never die.
    User avatar
    Sgt. Largent
    NET Pro Bowler
     
    Posts: 12441
    Joined: Mon Oct 01, 2012 10:10 am


Re: Sonics/NHL/New arena thread
Wed Dec 06, 2017 12:01 pm
  • chris98251 wrote:The thing that cracks me up is her interview, she's a real lady and looks to be easily offended by some of the peoples remarks, Not Hansen's but held him accountable for them.

    When a public figure in a interview talks like this it sounds more like she should be in a Bar having a few drinks and speaking to a bunch of the cast of Sons of Anarchy.

    "I’m about delivering and getting shit done," Juarez said.


    “You don’t even know, motherfucker, what I’ve done,” Juarez said, talking indirectly about the fans who criticized her vote last year, who hadn’t see the research she did before the SoDo arena street vacation vote.


    “It shoulda been called a hate crime,” Juarez said, “It was, 'You’re a cunt. You’re a whore. You’re a dumb bitch,'” She says, in detail, there were calls to her office saying they knew where she lived and, according to Juarez, there were social media threats to her children and Seattle Police were forced to come to her house.
    “It wasn’t backlash,” she said, “It was violent.”


    “I was slapped upside the head for being a woman, and having an opinion about a sport,” Juarez said.


    Juarez says it didn’t help because Hansen was always missing a vital part of the equation.
    “A deal was a deal. Mr. Hansen did not come up with a team. Nobody wants to hold Mr. Hansen to what he was supposed to deliver,” Juarez said “Had Mr. Hansen come forward with a basketball team, that would have been a completely different -– pardon the pun –- ballgame. But he didn’t. It was a failed MOU, and the city did not fail. Mr. Hansen did.”


    She went after him and did a work around, they took the approach of being counter Hansen and Leiweke being savvy himself took advantage, pretty sure if anything viable was presented they would approve this out of spite and to posture themselves politically going forward.

    Looks like she proved her critics right.
    SEATTLE SEAHAWKS SUPERBOWL XLVIII CHAMPIONS!

    May the spirit of our friend The Radish live on forever!

    I SO do not care about your fantasy team and who's on it!
    Sports Hernia
    NET Ring Of Honor
     
    Posts: 23257
    Joined: Thu Apr 30, 2009 4:36 pm
    Location: The pit


Re: Sonics/NHL/New arena thread
Wed Dec 06, 2017 1:45 pm
  • Jenny Durkan had to throw in "give me millions more for non profit organizations and I'll sign". Lol oh Seattle
    ImageImageImageImageImage
    WhyDidntWeRun.jpg
    User avatar
    Crizilla
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 2325
    Joined: Mon Apr 02, 2012 6:52 pm
    Location: Kirkland


Re: Sonics/NHL/New arena thread
Wed Dec 06, 2017 2:31 pm
  • Sgt. Largent wrote:
    IndyHawk wrote:I cannot wait for the NHL..I never had a hockey jersey before but I will.


    You gotta call it a hockey "sweater" so you can sound like a legit fan..............and yes I'm super excited. I loved my Sonics, but I'm a bigger hockey fan.

    And if you've never been to a hockey match, there's no better sport to see in person than hockey. It's incredible.

    Whatever it is -I will get one..I have been to hockey games (not pro)they are fun to watch live.
    On tv is another story..Same with soccer and car racing
    User avatar
    IndyHawk
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 3277
    Joined: Thu Dec 19, 2013 1:42 pm


Re: Sonics/NHL/New arena thread
Wed Dec 06, 2017 3:11 pm
  • IndyHawk wrote:
    Sgt. Largent wrote:
    IndyHawk wrote:I cannot wait for the NHL..I never had a hockey jersey before but I will.


    You gotta call it a hockey "sweater" so you can sound like a legit fan..............and yes I'm super excited. I loved my Sonics, but I'm a bigger hockey fan.

    And if you've never been to a hockey match, there's no better sport to see in person than hockey. It's incredible.

    Whatever it is -I will get one..I have been to hockey games (not pro)they are fun to watch live.
    On tv is another story..Same with soccer and car racing


    ...and baseball! Ask pretty much anyone in the UK that and then ask them once they've been to an actual baseball game.

    Football barring seahawks games is usually better on tv imo.
    Glasgow Seahawk
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 1101
    Joined: Tue Feb 05, 2013 3:57 pm


Re: Sonics/NHL/New arena thread
Thu Dec 07, 2017 10:52 am
  • IndyHawk wrote:
    Sgt. Largent wrote:
    IndyHawk wrote:I cannot wait for the NHL..I never had a hockey jersey before but I will.


    You gotta call it a hockey "sweater" so you can sound like a legit fan..............and yes I'm super excited. I loved my Sonics, but I'm a bigger hockey fan.

    And if you've never been to a hockey match, there's no better sport to see in person than hockey. It's incredible.

    Whatever it is -I will get one..I have been to hockey games (not pro)they are fun to watch live.
    On tv is another story..Same with soccer and car racing



    It's much easier to get into a sport when you're emotionally invested.

    So watching a home hockey team will be easy on TV once you're emotionally invested because it's our team, as opposed to just watching some Hockey Night in Canada weekday match.

    I'm a Sounders season ticket holder, and I've converted many a non-soccer fan by taking them to a couple matches. Like hockey, once you see it in person, you're usually hooked.
    If there is no Seahawk football in heaven, then we will never die.
    User avatar
    Sgt. Largent
    NET Pro Bowler
     
    Posts: 12441
    Joined: Mon Oct 01, 2012 10:10 am


Re: Sonics/NHL/New arena thread
Thu Dec 07, 2017 3:10 pm
  • OMG ITS HAPPENING!!!



    Long you live and high you fly, and smiles you’ll give and tears you’ll cry, and all you touch and all you see Is all your life will ever be
    User avatar
    twisted_steel2
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 6573
    Joined: Sun Mar 04, 2007 9:41 am
    Location: Ballard


Re: Sonics/NHL/New arena thread
Thu Dec 07, 2017 3:15 pm
  • twisted_steel2 wrote:OMG ITS HAPPENING!!!





    This is awesome news. The Canucks need a rival so close to home for guys roadtrips.
    "Smoke me a kipper, I'll be back for breakfast!"
    User avatar
    Ace_Rimmer
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 708
    Joined: Fri Nov 28, 2014 7:59 am
    Location: Vancouver, BC


Re: Sonics/NHL/New arena thread
Thu Dec 07, 2017 4:24 pm
  • Ace_Rimmer wrote:
    twisted_steel2 wrote:OMG ITS HAPPENING!!!





    This is awesome news. The Canucks need a rival so close to home for guys roadtrips.

    Me likely!!!!! :2thumbs:
    SEATTLE SEAHAWKS SUPERBOWL XLVIII CHAMPIONS!

    May the spirit of our friend The Radish live on forever!

    I SO do not care about your fantasy team and who's on it!
    Sports Hernia
    NET Ring Of Honor
     
    Posts: 23257
    Joined: Thu Apr 30, 2009 4:36 pm
    Location: The pit


Re: Sonics/NHL/New arena thread
Thu Dec 07, 2017 5:08 pm
  • Curious to see if all said and done, if it happens what they do for the name, ie something new, or a return of the 1st US team to win the stanely cup, Metropolitans.
    Conference Championship: NFC: 2005, 2013, 2014
    Division Campionship: AFC West: 1988, 1999 NFC West: 2004, 2005, 2006, 2007, 2010, 2013, 2014
    Superbowl Championship: 2013 XLVIII Final Score: Sea 43 Den 8

    The Radish
    Thu Sep 11, 2014 1:10 pm: Please don't offend The Fonz like that. :roll:
    :les:
    User avatar
    Exittium
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 2894
    Joined: Thu Dec 27, 2012 9:53 am
    Location: Spokane, WA


Re: Sonics/NHL/New arena thread
Thu Dec 07, 2017 6:40 pm
  • We could be called the Mets?
    User avatar
    Bobblehead
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 1985
    Joined: Mon Dec 10, 2012 11:52 am


Re: Sonics/NHL/New arena thread
Thu Dec 07, 2017 6:44 pm
  • Bobblehead wrote:We could be called the Mets?


    Nah, I like Seattle Sockeye.
    "Soon, the super karate monkey death car would park in my space. But Jimmy has fancy plans, and pants to match."

    - Excerpt from Jimmy James: Macho Business Donkey Wrestler
    User avatar
    Maulbert
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 3613
    Joined: Tue Apr 08, 2014 6:44 pm


Re: Sonics/NHL/New arena thread
Thu Dec 07, 2017 7:02 pm
  • Maulbert wrote:
    Bobblehead wrote:We could be called the Mets?


    Nah, I like Seattle Sockeye.

    Seattle Steelhead
    Image

    2014 Adopt-A-Rookie: Kiero Small
    2015 Adopt-A-Rookie: Tyler Lockett
    2016 Adopt-A-Rookie: Joey Hunt
    User avatar
    SeatownJay
    * NET Staff Alumni *
     
    Posts: 9650
    Joined: Sun Mar 04, 2007 5:38 pm
    Location: Hagerstown, MD


Re: Sonics/NHL/New arena thread
Thu Dec 07, 2017 7:08 pm
  • Kings if were good
    Sockeye if were ok
    Chums if were bad.
    Pinks if were soft
    Steelheads if we're tough.
    User avatar
    Bobblehead
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 1985
    Joined: Mon Dec 10, 2012 11:52 am


Re: Sonics/NHL/New arena thread
Thu Dec 07, 2017 8:10 pm
  • Seattle City Council, will strike fear into all who come here.

    I liked the name SeattleTotems from the old days though.
    Image

    To Be P/C or Not P/C That is the Question..........Seahawks kick Ass !!!!
    Check your PM's, Thank you for everything Radish RIP My Friend. :les:
    Member of the 38 club.
    User avatar
    chris98251
    .NET Hijacker
     
    Posts: 22463
    Joined: Tue Feb 27, 2007 10:52 pm
    Location: Renton Wa.


Re: Sonics/NHL/New arena thread
Thu Dec 07, 2017 8:40 pm
  • chris98251 wrote:Seattle City Council, will strike fear into all who come here.

    I liked the name SeattleTotems from the old days though.


    Yeah, I actually like it too, it's classic old school as opposed to something that sounds gimmicky and trendy.
    User avatar
    Bobblehead
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 1985
    Joined: Mon Dec 10, 2012 11:52 am


PreviousNext


It is currently Sun Dec 10, 2017 4:32 pm

Please REGISTER to become a member

Return to [ THE SPORTS BAR ]




Information
  • Who is online
  • Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 24 guests