Come on USC and Seminoles!!!

Discuss your thoughts about anything draft related. Mocks, College and Pro. Knock yourselves out!!! RATING: PG-13
Come on USC and Seminoles!!!
Sat Nov 24, 2012 3:29 pm
  • If those two teams win the Ducks are right back to #2 in the BCS after Alabama and Georgia play next week.
    JSeahawks
    * NET Moderator *

Re: Come on USC and Seminoles!!!
Sat Nov 24, 2012 3:30 pm
  • I hope UCLA wins because I want one more week of Ducks football.
    cesame
    NET Veteran

Sat Nov 24, 2012 3:31 pm
  • cesame wrote:I hope UCLA wins because I want one more week of Ducks football.

Well yea, definatly. I was just thinking national title rather then Rose Bowl. But I definatly am rooting for UCLA too.
    JSeahawks
    * NET Moderator *

Sat Nov 24, 2012 3:43 pm
  • Seminoles are screwed. Backup QB is in the game, and he looks like Charlie Whitehurst. Never trust a hippie looking QB.
    SEAHAWKS.NET. We All We Got, We All We Need
    Scottemojo
    *Scott of Smacksville*
    *Scott of Smacksville*

Sat Nov 24, 2012 3:45 pm
  • Scottemojo wrote:Seminoles are screwed. Backup QB is in the game, and he looks like Charlie Whitehurst. Never trust a hippie looking QB.

Yep. I was thinking that same thing, minus the hippie part.
    JSeahawks
    * NET Moderator *

Sat Nov 24, 2012 3:49 pm
  • JSeahawks wrote:
    Scottemojo wrote:Seminoles are screwed. Backup QB is in the game, and he looks like Charlie Whitehurst. Never trust a hippie looking QB.

Yep. I was thinking that same thing, minus the hippie part.

A buzz cut on the sidelines should be worth at least ten points.
    SEAHAWKS.NET. We All We Got, We All We Need
    Scottemojo
    *Scott of Smacksville*
    *Scott of Smacksville*

Sat Nov 24, 2012 4:47 pm
  • Looks like UCLA is not going to help us out. Its either the Fiesta Bowl or backing our way into the BCS Title game which is still a possibility if Notre Dame loses. We'd just have to jump Florida who was barely ahead of us in the BCS. I'm thinking voters would help us out to avoid another SEC vs SEC matchup.

Otherwise its probably Oregon vs Kansas State in the Fiesta Bowl.
    JSeahawks
    * NET Moderator *

Sat Nov 24, 2012 5:18 pm
  • Lets go Irish! they could be the first of my favorite teams to win the big game!
    Lithium
    NET Veteran

Sat Nov 24, 2012 5:22 pm
  • GoldenIsThyTate wrote:Lets go Irish! they could be the first of my favorite teams to win the big game!

They might not even move the ball across the 50 yard line against Alabama.
    JSeahawks
    * NET Moderator *

Sat Nov 24, 2012 5:31 pm
  • Any team that dresses a grown man in a leprechaun outfit as it's 'mascot' deserves to be collectively kicked in the groin.
    theENGLISHseahawk
    NET Veteran

Sat Nov 24, 2012 5:57 pm
  • JSeahawks wrote:Looks like UCLA is not going to help us out. Its either the Fiesta Bowl or backing our way into the BCS Title game which is still a possibility if Notre Dame loses. We'd just have to jump Florida who was barely ahead of us in the BCS. I'm thinking voters would help us out to avoid another SEC vs SEC matchup.

I'm thinking you're wrong. Florida beat 3 top 10 teams. The Zero's beat just that, zero top 10 teams. Might as well just root for Notre Dame or it will be a guaranteed SEC National Champion.
    SEC FAN
    NET Starter

Sat Nov 24, 2012 6:06 pm
  • JSeahawks wrote:
    GoldenIsThyTate wrote:Lets go Irish! they could be the first of my favorite teams to win the big game!

They might not even move the ball across the 50 yard line against Alabama.

yeah what was i thinking, maybe next year
    Lithium
    NET Veteran

Sat Nov 24, 2012 6:07 pm
  • SEC FAN wrote:
    JSeahawks wrote:Looks like UCLA is not going to help us out. Its either the Fiesta Bowl or backing our way into the BCS Title game which is still a possibility if Notre Dame loses. We'd just have to jump Florida who was barely ahead of us in the BCS. I'm thinking voters would help us out to avoid another SEC vs SEC matchup.

I'm thinking you're wrong. Florida beat 3 top 10 teams. The Zero's beat just that, zero top 10 teams. Might as well just root for Notre Dame or it will be a guaranteed SEC National Champion.

We'll see. Oregon was already ahead in the Human polls. Florida was BARELY ahead in the BCS. If USC beats Notre Dame that strenghtens Oregon's computer score. If Stanford wins today and next week that strenghtens Oregon's computer score. if Georgia loses to Alabama next week that hurts Florida's computer score. Plus, if the human voters put Notre Dame inbetween the Ducks and Gators that is HUGE in the Ducks favor.

It will be very very close. The humans already know that oregon is the better team, it will just depend on the computers. And of course none of this matters if Notre Dame wins.

Personally, i dont think either of them should be there as I dont believe you should be able to play for the national title if you didnt win yoru league, but it is what it is.

Sure would be nice to have a playoff.
    JSeahawks
    * NET Moderator *

Sat Nov 24, 2012 6:38 pm
  • If/when Alabama plays this Notre Dame team, it'll be like the Michigan game all over again from week one.
    theENGLISHseahawk
    NET Veteran

Sat Nov 24, 2012 6:44 pm
  • theENGLISHseahawk wrote:If/when Alabama plays this Notre Dame team, it'll be like the Michigan game all over again from week one.

Except not as close.
    JSeahawks
    * NET Moderator *

Sat Nov 24, 2012 6:47 pm
  • JSeahawks wrote:We'll see. Oregon was already ahead in the Human polls. Florida was BARELY ahead in the BCS. If USC beats Notre Dame that strenghtens Oregon's computer score. If Stanford wins today and next week that strenghtens Oregon's computer score. if Georgia loses to Alabama next week that hurts Florida's computer score. Plus, if the human voters put Notre Dame inbetween the Ducks and Gators that is HUGE in the Ducks favor.

It will be very very close. The humans already know that oregon is the better team, it will just depend on the computers. And of course none of this matters if Notre Dame wins.

Personally, i dont think either of them should be there as I dont believe you should be able to play for the national title if you didnt win yoru league, but it is what it is.

That would be a joke if the Zero's made it in over Florida considering Floridas resume. The SEC welcomes a playoff. That would give us 2 teams instead of 1 to contend for the National Championship.
    SEC FAN
    NET Starter

Sat Nov 24, 2012 6:48 pm
  • SEC FAN wrote:
    JSeahawks wrote:We'll see. Oregon was already ahead in the Human polls. Florida was BARELY ahead in the BCS. If USC beats Notre Dame that strenghtens Oregon's computer score. If Stanford wins today and next week that strenghtens Oregon's computer score. if Georgia loses to Alabama next week that hurts Florida's computer score. Plus, if the human voters put Notre Dame inbetween the Ducks and Gators that is HUGE in the Ducks favor.

That would be a joke if the Zero's made it in over Florida considering Floridas resume. The SEC welcomes a playoff. That would give us 2 teams instead of 1 to contend for the National Championship.

True that. That last second win against Louisiana high school was pretty impressive.
    JSeahawks
    * NET Moderator *

Sat Nov 24, 2012 6:55 pm
  • Change of subject because Oregons non conference is so brutal lol. Spurrier just went for it on 4th and 11 with a 3 point lead. I'm starting to think he's gone old guy crazy. He's lucky he got bailed out with a pass interference.
    SEC FAN
    NET Starter

Sat Nov 24, 2012 6:58 pm
  • SEC FAN wrote:Change of subject because Oregons non conference is so brutal lol. Spurrier just went for it on 4th and 11. I'm starting to think he's gone old guy crazy. He's lucky he got bailed out with a pass interference.

Actually Fresno State and Arkansas State are both 8-3, first place in their respective conferences and going to bowl games. I'm not saying they're Stanford or anything, but they're not exactly cupcakes.

I've always like Spurrier. He's entertaining and a bit crazy for sure.
    JSeahawks
    * NET Moderator *

Sat Nov 24, 2012 7:05 pm
  • Nothing like saline solution and electrolytes baby. Thanks Heather Cox. Any blood doping during halftime?
    SEC FAN
    NET Starter

Sat Nov 24, 2012 7:22 pm
  • Geez. If Notre Dame does win it all they will be the worst National Champions I've ever seen. And the Heisman may be the worst player I've ever seen win it. Just sayin.
    SEC FAN
    NET Starter

Sat Nov 24, 2012 7:27 pm
  • SEC FAN wrote:Geez. If Notre Dame does win it all they will be the worst National Champions I've ever seen. And the Heisman may be the worst player I've ever seen win it. Just sayin.

Agree with you on both counts. Although I dont think there's any way that Notre Dame beats Alabama or Georgia. I dont think they even score on either.

The Heisman is tough this year. To be completely honest I dont think there's anybody that deserves it. I think Manziel will probably win it and its all based off the hype from one game which is kind of ridiculous. (although he has been good all season). If I had a vote i'd probably give it to Marqise Lee. Even though his team kind of sucks I think he's the best player in the country by a wide margin.
    JSeahawks
    * NET Moderator *

Sat Nov 24, 2012 7:33 pm
  • wow Theo Riddick is somethng special. I'd love to see that kid in a Seahawk suit.
    "God Bless the Seattle Seahawks" Cortez Kennedy
    ivotuk
    * NET Nobody *

Sat Nov 24, 2012 7:34 pm
  • Doesn't Notre Dame have the #1 defense?
    ivotuk
    * NET Nobody *

Sat Nov 24, 2012 7:35 pm
  • JSeahawks wrote:To be completely honest I dont think there's anybody that deserves it. I think Manziel will probably win it and its all based off the hype from one game which is kind of ridiculous.

Thats what I think too. Nobody deserves it.
    SEC FAN
    NET Starter

Sat Nov 24, 2012 7:40 pm
  • I feel terrible for Lattimore. But I wouldn't take him in the top 2 rounds. He'll probably prove me wrong though like Willis McGahee and Frank Gore. Lol.

I mean Lattimore is awesome. I seen him make some short yardage runs that nobody in the country would make but as a GM, too much baggage.
    Last edited by SEC FAN on Sat Nov 24, 2012 7:45 pm, edited 1 time in total.
    SEC FAN
    NET Starter

Sat Nov 24, 2012 7:44 pm
  • SEC FAN wrote:I feel terrible for Lattimore. But I wouldn't take him in the top 2 rounds. He'll probably prove me wrong though like Maurice Clarrett and Frank Gore. Lol.

I mean Lattimore is awesome. I seen him make some short yardage runs that nobody in the country would make but as a GM, too much baggage.

Agree'd again. Stop making me agree with you, i feel dirty. I always hate to see college kids get signifigant injuries. From everything i've heard he's a great kid to go along with a great football player too.
    JSeahawks
    * NET Moderator *

Sat Nov 24, 2012 7:53 pm
  • Corrected myself. Said Clarrett, meant McGahee. Lattimore is great. But thats 2 busted knees. I don't even know who to root for after all your scenarios for Oregon vs. Florida vs. Notre Dame. You made some good points. Just sayin. If the AP and Coaches give Oregon the nod it makes sense that will be bad for Florida. I just know strength of schedule has to be in Floridas favor after today.
    SEC FAN
    NET Starter

Sat Nov 24, 2012 7:55 pm
  • JSeahawks wrote:True that. That last second win against Louisiana high school was pretty impressive.

I'm rooting for Oregon to somehow get in, but it's best not to throw bricks from a glass house J. ;)
    kearly
    * Mr Random Thought *

Sat Nov 24, 2012 7:58 pm
  • kearly wrote:
    JSeahawks wrote:True that. That last second win against Louisiana high school was pretty impressive.

I'm rooting for Oregon to somehow get in, but it's best not to throw bricks from a glass house J. ;)

At least the Ducks dominated the teams they were supposed to dominate. Sure would love to have that STanford game back. Although Stanford is very very good with their new QB. I think they'd be the number 1 team in the nation if that kid would have played against UW and ND.
    JSeahawks
    * NET Moderator *

Sat Nov 24, 2012 8:01 pm
  • I have never heard of the Civil War being called the Platypus Trophy. Thats funny. Just heard that on ESPN. And I lived in Tacoma, WA for 30 years.
    SEC FAN
    NET Starter

Sat Nov 24, 2012 8:06 pm
  • JSeahawks wrote:
    SEC FAN wrote:Geez. If Notre Dame does win it all they will be the worst National Champions I've ever seen. And the Heisman may be the worst player I've ever seen win it. Just sayin.

Agree with you on both counts. Although I dont think there's any way that Notre Dame beats Alabama or Georgia. I dont think they even score on either.

The Heisman is tough this year. To be completely honest I dont think there's anybody that deserves it. I think Manziel will probably win it and its all based off the hype from one game which is kind of ridiculous. (although he has been good all season). If I had a vote i'd probably give it to Marqise Lee. Even though his team kind of sucks I think he's the best player in the country by a wide margin.

they showed the stat that Manziel has more yards than tebow and newton did when they won it, don't see how he doesnt deserve it.
    Lee is having a great year he deserves it, what more do you want from these guys. and of course my biased vote would go for Teo.
    Lithium
    NET Veteran

Sat Nov 24, 2012 8:07 pm
  • Wow, calling a timeout to make it a 19 yard field goal vs. a 24 yarder. Seriously lol? God I hope we play Notre Dame. Great decision Kelly.
    SEC FAN
    NET Starter

Sat Nov 24, 2012 8:12 pm
  • GoldenIsThyTate wrote:
    JSeahawks wrote:Agree with you on both counts. Although I dont think there's any way that Notre Dame beats Alabama or Georgia. I dont think they even score on either.

they showed the stat that Manziel has more yards than tebow and newton did when they won it, don't see how he doesnt deserve it.
    Lee is having a great year he deserves it, what more do you want from these guys. and of course my biased vote would go for Teo.

I'm just one of those old grouchy guys that dont think freshman should win it. And to be honest I think Manziels yards are a lot different then Tebow's and Newtons. Watching Manziel play sometimes i think he's running and showboating to the detriment of his team. Taking away yards and plays from his teammates. Watching Newton and Tebow it was all about willing their teams to win. I do expect Manziel to win it, he's just not my personal preference. And like i said, I think Marquise Lee is the best player in the country.
    JSeahawks
    * NET Moderator *

Sat Nov 24, 2012 8:13 pm
  • GoldenIsThyTate wrote:they showed the stat that Manziel has more yards than tebow and newton did when they won it, don't see how he doesnt deserve it.

I like Teo, that would be my vote. I like the freshman, I really do. I was rooting for him against Alabama. The difference between him and Tebow and Newton is wins. Just like I see Marquis Lee(USC) and Clowney(South Carolina). They are all good players but Heisman is ussually for a 1 loss team or less. I'm not saying thats right but thats been the way voters have done it for years.
    SEC FAN
    NET Starter

Sat Nov 24, 2012 8:18 pm
  • Damn. Notre Dame's gonna win.

Notre Dame vs Alabama is going to be boring as hell and probably a big Alabama win. Wouldnt be at all surprised if its a shutout.

Probably Oregon vs K State in the Fiesta Bowl.
    JSeahawks
    * NET Moderator *

Sat Nov 24, 2012 8:19 pm
  • Lane Kiffin should be fired tomorrow. Not just tonight's laughable effort, the whole season has been pathetic for USC.
    theENGLISHseahawk
    NET Veteran

Sat Nov 24, 2012 8:20 pm
  • Well I guess it will be Notre Dame vs. The SEC Champions. Can't wait!
    SEC FAN
    NET Starter

Sat Nov 24, 2012 8:23 pm
  • ok, ok. I also cringe a little at a freshman winning it. anyway, were going to the ship!!!!
    Lithium
    NET Veteran

Sat Nov 24, 2012 8:25 pm
  • GoldenIsThyTate wrote:ok, ok. I also cringe a little at a freshman winning it. anyway, were going to the ship!!!!

Enjoy being spanked by Alabama.
    theENGLISHseahawk
    NET Veteran

Sat Nov 24, 2012 8:27 pm
  • theENGLISHseahawk wrote:
    GoldenIsThyTate wrote:ok, ok. I also cringe a little at a freshman winning it. anyway, were going to the ship!!!!

i know right, no point in even playing the game, just crown em
    Lithium
    NET Veteran

Sat Nov 24, 2012 8:31 pm
  • On paper its an Alabama blow out and probably a shut out. But Notre Dame really does seem to have the Luck of the Irish, as stupid as that sounds, so who knows. Should have lost both STanford and Pittsburgh if not for horrible officiating mistakes that directly changed the outcome of the games. Got USC with their backup QB. And tehy're in the game, so they've got a punchers chance.
    JSeahawks
    * NET Moderator *

Sat Nov 24, 2012 8:33 pm
  • GoldenIsThyTate wrote:
    theENGLISHseahawk wrote:
    GoldenIsThyTate wrote:ok, ok. I also cringe a little at a freshman winning it. anyway, were going to the ship!!!!

i know right, no point in even playing the game, just crown em

Alabama is beatable and against a well coached team like like Notre Dame it will be a tough go. Notre Dame has beat some good teams and I expect them to beat the Tide. Golston and Riddick are the real deal and will be a tough match up.

I disagree that it's even a bad match up on paper, Brian Kelly took a talented team and showed them how to win.

The Irish have earned their trip to the BCS Championship.
    ivotuk
    * NET Nobody *

Sat Nov 24, 2012 8:44 pm
  • Stop counting out Georgia please. Saban is great but Richt is due.
    SEC FAN
    NET Starter

Sat Nov 24, 2012 8:48 pm
  • GoldenIsThyTate wrote:i know right, no point in even playing the game, just crown em

I'm happy to do it now if you are.

They have systematically destroyed every single team they've faced that compares favourably to Notre Dame. Giving Nick Saban over a month to prepare for the game almost makes this unfair. This isn't Pittsburgh or USC, who are going to happily roll over and have their tummies tickled. They don't rely on Landry Jones for an offense. This is the real deal. And you don't have Johnny Manziel playing batshit crazy football.

And while I want to believe a likeable Georgia team can cause the upset, I just can't see it. But even then, I'd expect Georgia to handle Notre Dame.
    theENGLISHseahawk
    NET Veteran

Sat Nov 24, 2012 9:11 pm
  • SEC FAN wrote:Stop counting out Georgia please. Saban is great but Richt is due.

Richt in a big, must-win game?

Please. :34853_doh:

Super Bowl XLVIII Champions
    volsunghawk
    NET Veteran

It is currently Tue Sep 02, 2014 6:13 pm

Please REGISTER to become a member

Return to [ THE NCAA FOOTBALL & PRO DRAFT FORUM ]

Information