18. Josh Freeman

19. Matt Flynn

20. Ryan Tannehill

21. Christian Ponder

22. Carson Palmer

23. Ryan Fitzpatrick

24. Michael Vick

25. Brandon Weeden

Am I fare on RW and Flynn or is this homerism?

SoulfishHawk

Reaction score
I'd put him around 8 or 9, and that's pretty damn good for a guy finishing his rookie season. No way is he as good as Brees, and Matt Ryan has more game winning drives than any QB in the last 5 years (I believe that's what they said, 26?).
Also, Krappernick isn't nearly a top 10 qb. Just my own opinion. But I totally get the love for Wilson, he's damn good.

Sac

Reaction score
Honestly, the only guy I might put above Wilson on this lost is Rodgers. And that's because he has some mobility and some youth.
Even that is a close call.

SoulfishHawk

Reaction score
Brady, Rodgers, Manning, Brees, Eli, Flacco etc. those guys are still the top of the heap. One year doesn't make Wilson one of the best in the league. I love the guy, but it's gonna' take some time to be one of the top 5 QB's in the league. Those guy have done it consistently fpr years.
But, I do think he will end up being by far the best QB in team history. In fact, I may sound like a homer, but I think he already is. Just not ready to crown him top 5 yet.

OP
OP
skater18000

skater18000

Reaction score
SoulfishHawk":sn8wnc95 said:
Brady, Rodgers, Manning, Brees, Eli, Flacco etc. those guys are still the top of the heap. One year doesn't make Wilson one of the best in the league. I love the guy, but it's gonna' take some time to be one of the top 5 QB's in the league. Those guy have done it consistently fpr years.
But, I do think he will end up being by far the best QB in team history. In fact, I may sound like a homer, but I think he already is. Just not ready to crown him top 5 yet.

But top 6 isn't a reach right?

SoulfishHawk

Reaction score
Hard to say, I see both sides. Dude is damn good. As far as potential goes, I honestly think he can be a great quarterback, Elite level at some point.

The Outfield

Reaction score
I think it's very hard to say this early on whether he's better than some of those quarterbacks who have been in the league for years.

If you're going to go by performance based on one year alone, then I think he may be in the top 5, maybe even 3.

OP
OP
skater18000

skater18000

Reaction score
The Outfield":1m8btnqd said:
I think it's very hard to say this early on whether he's better than some of those quarterbacks who have been in the league for years.

If you're going to go by performance based on one year alone, then I think he may be in the top 5, maybe even 3.

Is it safe to say he has the brightest future of any top 10 QB (clearly, he is a top 10, top 5 will take at least a ring for me, but he is on the brink...)

pinksheets

Reaction score
What is the basis of the ranking? Is it the order you'd draft them in some league wide redraft right now? Or just who you'd pick to lead your team in 2013?

I don't think Flynn has a big enough sample size for me to be confident in placing him there, but I do think I'd take him over some of the guys you put him above, right at the same level, and maybe a couple I'd pick above him.

Vetamur

Reaction score
I agree with Pinksheets.. dont have a way to rate Flynn at the moment.

I dont think Brady is #1 anymore. Im not sure there is a clear #1 right now.. Brady, Rodgers and Brees all looked "off" this past season at times, especially Brady and Brees. Think we also need to see how the league adapts over the offseason to the read option offenses.. that will go a long way in determining if RGIII and Wilson are perenial top 5 from here on..or merely good top 10 qbs.

I would take Big Ben over Eli.. well..no.I would RATE him above Eli.. I would NEVER take him on my team if I were an owner or GM.

pocketprotector

Reaction score
Flacco had an 87 passer rating this year which is close to his career passer rating. Same is true for Eli. As of right now Wilson is a better qb than either of these two. Sure they have achieved more, but only because they have been around longer. That doesn't make them better qbs.

Wilson is above Flacco and Eli but below Brees.

LawlessHawk

Reaction score
NFL AM hosts ranked their top 10 QBs this morning. Eric Davis had RW as the number 9 or 10 (if I remember correctly) which I thought was probably close to fair. The knuckle head Mark Kriegel did not have RW on his list but had Krapernick as his #9... I about blew my coffee all over the tv screen. One, a rookie, beat out two NFL veterans in training camp for a starting job, took over the LEADERSHIP roll of the team and then LED his team into the second round of the playoffs... the other couldn't beat out, for 2 seasons, an oft critisized and maligned QB who's team has been looking to replace for years (with the likes of J.T. O'Sullivan and Shaun Hill) until said QB goes down with injury half way through the season leaving him a 6 & 2 record to work with and who obviously did not take over the LEADERSHIP roll on that team. One has an amazing skill set and athleticism for his size along with a truck load of intangibles... the other has the prerequisite size and athleticism and then just a truck load of tatoos...

hawker84

Reaction score
i love it... more fuel for the wilson fire... he could care less where these knuckle heads have him ranked.. he does his talking on the field... oh but didn't you know that, according to all the so called experts, he's too short, and he's a 3rd round rookie so he can't possibly lead this team to a winning record, well he did.. wow that's suprising..

but in his second year, teams are going to have film on him and will know how to game plan to stop him.. so he'll definitely have a sophomore slump... ok, but didn't he play 18 games this season... you'd a thought that they could have figured him out by the eighteenth game? seems like he only got better, only to have his best game against ATL...

my point is, he's a short 3rd round draft pick, playing for Seattle... he came into this league with three strikes against him... he's going to have to earn everything he gets, unlike Luck... he'll have to force them to take notice and give him his props from his play on the field.. just like he did this season... RW will win this debate , mark my words....

MANUNITED23

Reaction score
My top 10:

1) Rodgers
2) Brady
3) P. Manning
4) Ryan
5) Russell Wilson
6) Drew Brees
7) Eli Manning
8) Joe Flacco
9) Big Ben
10) Luck

hawker84

Reaction score
MANUNITED23":1fgv9bv9 said:
My top 10:

1) Rodgers
2) Brady
3) P. Manning
4) Ryan
5) Russell Wilson
6) Drew Brees
7) Eli Manning
8) Joe Flacco
9) Big Ben
10) Luck

you put luck and Ryan before Kaepernick? interesting.. is this bases on careers or this seasons stats?

MrCarey

Reaction score
skater18000":2toghha7 said:
1. Brady

2. Rodgers

3. P. Manning

4. J. Flacco

5. E. Manning

6. RW

7. Big Ben

8. Drew Brees

9. Kaepernick

10. Matt Ryan/ Matt Shaub

11. Mathew Stafford

12. RG3

13. Jay Cutler

14. Andrew Luck

15. Sam Bradford

16. Cam Newton

17. Philip Rivers

18. Josh Freeman

19. Matt Flynn

20. Ryan Tannehill

21. Christian Ponder

22. Carson Palmer

23. Ryan Fitzpatrick

24. Michael Vick

25. Brandon Weeden

Am I fare on RW and Flynn or is this homerism?

I bolded everything that seems wrong.

Matt Flynn shouldn't be on the list at all. 2 actual games means we have no evidence that he deserves to be above the others. They've all had good games, too.
Flacco isn't top 5.
Brees is top 5.
Christian Ponder shouldn't even be ranked.
Mike Vick is better than Ryan Fitzpatrick and Carson Palmer, but I guess his injuries are definitely making him drop. Iffy, so he could stay or move up, and I would probably agree either way.
Matt Ryan has more experience and has proven himself to be a great QB, so he deserves to be where Russell is. I'd rather have Matt than Eli (unless it's the postseason)
Matt Schaub is probably good at 10.
Eli Manning below Matt Ryan
Big Ben could probably move down the list a bit, because he's been average. I think I'd rather have Stafford, but he has Megatron, so who knows?
Kaepernick doesn't have enough time playing to be ranked as high as he is.
Josh Freeman is pretty garbage, but better than Ponder, Fitz and Weeden.
Cam Newton I'd put above the rookies until after next year when we have more from them (Guess that means RG3 will drop, because he ain't playin'). He had another pretty decent year with a horrible team. Rushed like a boss and was postive on TD/INT ratio.

Russell Wilson being anywhere in the top 10 is a reach, although one more season like this one would solidify the fact and then he should be allowed to be ranked that high. I like to think of him as top 5, but I know it's homerism and we don't have enough tape on the guy to actually say that as fact. It's hard to even rank them among the others, but I guess if I had to, I'd put them above Jay Cutler.

RG3 would go directly below Russell, in my opinion, because he doesn't know how to keep himself from taking a huge hit and is a liability to his team, while Russell knows better.

Luck could probably go right above Jay, because he is an interception machine, and until he fixes that, he is basically Jay Cutler with more touchdowns, more yards, and more interceptions.

Basically, what I'm saying, is your list doesn't line up with my views. :thirishdrinkers:

pocketprotector

Reaction score
I do not know how anyone could claim that Cam Newton is a better QB than Russell with a straight face.

Carmon1274

Reaction score
pocketprotector":x2lqyfvn said:
Flacco had an 87 passer rating this year which is close to his career passer rating. Same is true for Eli. As of right now Wilson is a better qb than either of these two. Sure they have achieved more, but only because they have been around longer. That doesn't make them better qbs.

Wilson is above Flacco and Eli but below Brees.

LOL? Look how many playoff games Flacco and Eli have won. Eli has 2 rings and Flacco has many playoff wins.
Isn't Drew Brees winless on the road in the playoffs?

MrCarey

Reaction score
How do you just say that about Wilson, but not the same about RG3? I just don't want to jump the gun and say we have a top 10 QB before he's played more than a season.

Also, you say that like you think Cam Newton isn't a good QB at all, and shouldn't even be on the list. Cam Newton had a great year, and the only thing people had to say about him was that he was mopey and a bad sport when they were losing. Dude almost had 5000 total yards. He isn't as bad as you think he is.

4051 Passing Yards
21 TD/17 INT
706 Rushing Yards
14 TD (Record)

3869 Passing Yards
19 TD/12 INT
741 Rushing Yards
8 TD

I sure as shit wouldn't be disappointed with those stats for 2 years. If he had more than just Steve Smith and Greg Olsen, he'd be way better. His runningbacks don't help, either.

Russ is a beast, and if he has another year like this one, I'll feel better about ranking him higher. I would have done the same with Cam last year.

Latest posts