Ranking the 32 starting QBs

SonicHawk

Reaction score
Marvin49":15d8vrhx said:
13thMan":15d8vrhx said:
RichNhansom":15d8vrhx said:
They went further on an easier path. Credit where credit is due.

The nfccg was a fluke. I would normally never buy into the team just had a bad game. It is almost always caused by the opponent but that game is the best example of a poor defensive game plan I have ever seen. The only thing even close was the poor execution of said game plan.

Any time a team gashes you repeatedly with the same exact play, it is more a reflection of the defense than the offense. Unless you think Kaep will repeatedly put up 181 yards on the ground. That was a fluke and will never be repeated.

I think this is a pretty shallow view IMO..... to each his own. I think what Kap/Niners did in the playoffs wasn't any less respectable than what we did... I don't think it was any "easier" either.... Plus, if you consider that Kaepernick almost led his team to the biggest comeback in Super Bowl history, well, as you say... Give credit where credit is due.

To clarify, I'm not anointing Kaepernick as the greatest thing since sliced bread either, but all you have to do is open your eyes, look at it with an unbiased perspective and...... well, whatever......

Back on point..... when was the last time you could honestly say that many rookies/1st year starters would be lumped in the top half of the league as far as QB rankings? Fun time to be a football fan I'd say...

Completely agree. Every view of Kaep on this site is biased in some way. Kaep has record setting performance against Packers? Packers simply stupid. Comeback against Atlanta? Fluke. Nearly coming all the way back to win the Super Bowl? It was the power outage.

Its all wishful thinking.

Very little "give credit where credit is due" here. That's OK...we'll find out soon enough. :D

Kaep has some very exciting and some decidedly average performances. He's only played in a few games and done well in most of them. I don't see anything wrong with him being anywhere from like #8-12. I don't think it's a negative at all either.

Marvin49

Reaction score
RichNhansom":2avcdnqc said:
If you believe the paths were equal then you are not being honest with yourself. To get that #2 seed over us they only beat one opponent ( the Jets, not fair calling them an opponent) at 10:00am. If they couldn't beat the Rams or Vikings early, do you really believe they could have beaten NE or GB early? How about Atlanta?

Bi week, home game and away afternoon game is not equal to home game, east coast game and then another east coast game. Add to that the second game was early and after losing or injuring Clemins , Lynch and Hauscka on the worst surface in the NFL.

Not calling Kaep crap but from what I watched Gore was more instrumental in those wins than Kaep. If Gore sprains an ankle non of those happen.

Right...because going to NE IN DECEMBER was SOOOO much easier. SMH.

Are you really trying to make the point that the 10AM start times made Seattle schedule so much harder? The 49ers opened AT Green Bay. They had to play in NE in December where they hadn't lost in like a decade. They had do come back from that trip on a short week to play AT Seattle. Seattle played GB and NE AT HOME.

Are you really complaining about playing those powerhouse Panthers, Lions, Dolphins, Bears, and Bills on the road? Seriously?

Of course Gore was instrumental in the win...but so was Kaep. He was 16-21 for 233 yards (that's over 11 yards per attempt BTW) and a TD. Gore ran 21 times for 90 yards and 2 TDs and James ran for another 34 yards on 5 carries and a TD. ALL of those TDs were off the read option...and as you know the QB is a big part of the execution of those plays.

I also get the not so subtle comment there about the sprained ankle. We'll never know because he didn't sprain it. Perhaps they call more passing plays if Gore is hurt or perhaps LaMichael James continues to play well as he average over 6 yards a carry in that game. Who knows. What we DO know if that they were down by 17 on the road and a QB in his 9th NFL start didn't panic, put up a 127.7 QB rating, and won the game.

13thMan

Reaction score
@Marvin49, while your knowledge is respected and appreciated, I can tell you from experience that some fans around here are simply not worth arguing with, particularly given your allegiance.... You may as well bang your head against the wall with this one. That said, there are a few fans here who do choose to view the world of football through clear lenses, and frankly, those are the ones who not only won't argue with you... they probably won't say anything at all...

Point being, resistance is futile..... lol

Ok, now back to reality..... here's to hopefully meeting up some time in January and an injury free season.....

Marvin49

Reaction score
13thMan":1xclo01x said:
@Marvin49, while your knowledge is respected and appreciated, I can tell you from experience that some fans around here are simply not worth arguing with, particularly given your allegiance.... You may as well bang your head against the wall with this one. That said, there are a few fans here who do choose to view the world of football through clear lenses, and frankly, those are the ones who not only won't argue with you... they probably won't say anything at all...

Point being, resistance is futile..... lol

Ok, now back to reality..... here's to hopefully meeting up some time in January and an injury free season.....

LOL> Yeah, I know...I just cant help myself. :)

RichNhansom

Reaction score
Marvin my post was a response to the fake Seahawks fan (should change name to 13th fake Seahawk fan) regarding they went further as some sort of validation.

I am not saying Kaep performed poorly, only stating Gore deserves at least as much credit and the schedule is fact. Only beating the jets early makes a good argument against NE, GB or even Atlanta if any of those games were early.

rlkats

Reaction score
Gore deserves a ton of credit thats why I feel like the team failed him for 5 damn yards

13thMan

Reaction score
You are so right, Rich!! I'm sorry for not towing the line more to your liking..... where did I set down my (rose-colored) glasses?

This is dumb.

(And you wonder why our fanbase gets such a bad rap? Maybe it's because we are even as quick to kick each other out of the club unless we follow suit with fanatical vigor and keep the blinders on tight!)

Wow...

joeseahawks

Reaction score
I don't understand the hate for Colin Kaepernick. The guy took his team to the SB.
Yea ... Gore, same could be said for RW and Beast Mode.
Ranking Newton ahead of Kapaernick? Seriously?

Joe

Throwdown

Reaction score
I still don't get why people under rate Newton... But hey do you guys.

Kaepernick is not a bad QB, he's actually quite friggin' good. But our QB is better :)

HawkWow

Reaction score
NINEster":2yagymlf said:
The underrating of Luck is pretty comical (as is the idea that Wilson is head and shoulders above the young QB class).

In Luck's situation, he was asked to throw the ball downfield the most of all starting QBs (not just the young pups). He did not benefit from an elite OL, running game and/or defense like Kaepernick, Wilson, or Griffin. People like to downplay Alex Smith's passer rating for being short passing game and very little risks downfield.....well, same principle here basically as compared to Luck, all of these QBs kept the ball "safe and efficient".

While Luck did not have the best rookie season statistically, he did have the most wins ever, shattering his predecessor's record of 7 or 8 wins with 11. I get that Indy had a last place schedule, but regardless teams with last place schedules very rarely win 11 games (let alone with a rookie QB).

His mobility is excellent for a guy not named Wilson, Griffin, Kaepernick, and
Vick. He's a little faster than Aaron Rodgers and Alex Smith, two pocket passer QBs that can move pretty well.

As for Wilson, he's a great QB. But it's too early to tell how he ranks against the rest.

I think Wilson is going to have more success than Luck, Griffin or Kaep..but I also feel Luck is the best of the bunch. I have no idea why he gets dissed so much and believe he'll take the Colts post season year after year after year.

davidonmi

Reaction score
32. Gabbert
31. Locker
30. Sanchez
29. Flynn
28. Ponder
27. Manuel
26. Weeden
25. Vick
24. Palmer
23. Freeman