Ranking the 32 starting QBs

RichNhansom

Reaction score
rideaducati":32ukzi6e said:
SoHo9erFan":32ukzi6e said:
Lol at Cam being ranked higher than Kaep

Just wait, you'll find out soon that Kaep is nowhere near as good as Cam.

Kaep is Cam except with a better running game and O-line. Only difference is Cam is more mature.

Manbearpig99

Reaction score
RichNhansom":1agwyr33 said:
rideaducati":1agwyr33 said:
SoHo9erFan":1agwyr33 said:

Kaep is Cam except with a better running game and O-line. Only difference is Cam is more mature.

LOL. I guess we will see.

Scottemojo

Reaction score
NINEster":3rat6dpx said:
The underrating of Luck is pretty comical (as is the idea that Wilson is head and shoulders above the young QB class).

In Luck's situation, he was asked to throw the ball downfield the most of all starting QBs (not just the young pups). He did not benefit from an elite OL, running game and/or defense like Kaepernick, Wilson, or Griffin. People like to downplay Alex Smith's passer rating for being short passing game and very little risks downfield.....well, same principle here basically as compared to Luck, all of these QBs kept the ball "safe and efficient".

While Luck did not have the best rookie season statistically, he did have the most wins ever, shattering his predecessor's record of 7 or 8 wins with 11. I get that Indy had a last place schedule, but regardless teams with last place schedules very rarely win 11 games (let alone with a rookie QB).

His mobility is excellent for a guy not named Wilson, Griffin, Kaepernick, and
Vick. He's a little faster than Aaron Rodgers and Alex Smith, two pocket passer QBs that can move pretty well.

As for Wilson, he's a great QB. But it's too early to tell how he ranks against the rest.
So, your basic argument is that Luck was thrown to the wolves, had to do more than anyone of his peers, and because he rated out at league average he is elite?
SMH
Miami won 11 games with a last place schedule just a few years back. With noodle armed Chad Pennington.

All that aside, I more than most here like Luck's chances of becoming very good. I personally think his OC/HC Arians did him a huge disservice by giving him the MIke Martz treatment, but time will tell if that really matters. For the time being, it looks to me like he has, and had last year, some elite passing weapons at WR and TE.

For the record, I think Luck was ROY because he was anointed the next Peyton before he ever took a snap. A lot of egos and reps ride on his ascension.

Marvin49

Reaction score
RichNhansom":2hfiwgg8 said:
rideaducati":2hfiwgg8 said:
SoHo9erFan":2hfiwgg8 said:

Woah. LOL. Gotta love it. :D

mikeak

Reaction score
Luck will be elite. Watch him with an unbiased eye and you see it.

Kaep, Wilson will be elite same thing

The list that started this is a joke in so many levels. Better off with a new one. I think it was one of our 49er friends that decided to go with groups instead. Something like elite, upcoming, good but not great and the Sanchez category. I personally think that kind of ranking is all that matters...

Vetamur

Reaction score
Slightly changing focus.. I believe Brady is still top 6, but to my eyes he has lost something. Manning is in his twilight years of QBing obviously but still throws the best of anyone, perhaps ever. To me though Brady is on a downhill path.
It's hard to rattle him, but he can be rattled now.

People keep marking Kaep down as over rated. But are there any objective reasons to do so? I dislike him, but I think that his personality or rep is coloring people's view. Wilson vs. Kaep could be the new Brady vs. Manning.

Fanatics

Reaction score
The one thing that is being discredited as far as Luck is concerned, he took a 1 win team to the playoffs as a rookie.

themunn

Reaction score
NINEster":3tlgyifd said:
The underrating of Luck is pretty comical (as is the idea that Wilson is head and shoulders above the young QB class).

In Luck's situation, he was asked to throw the ball downfield the most of all starting QBs (not just the young pups). He did not benefit from an elite OL, running game and/or defense like Kaepernick, Wilson, or Griffin. People like to downplay Alex Smith's passer rating for being short passing game and very little risks downfield.....well, same principle here basically as compared to Luck, all of these QBs kept the ball "safe and efficient".

While Luck did not have the best rookie season statistically, he did have the most wins ever, shattering his predecessor's record of 7 or 8 wins with 11. I get that Indy had a last place schedule, but regardless teams with last place schedules very rarely win 11 games (let alone with a rookie QB).

His mobility is excellent for a guy not named Wilson, Griffin, Kaepernick, and
Vick. He's a little faster than Aaron Rodgers and Alex Smith, two pocket passer QBs that can move pretty well.

As for Wilson, he's a great QB. But it's too early to tell how he ranks against the rest.

So it's too early to tell for Wilson, who equalled the rookie record for TDs thrown, set a record for TD/INT differential as a rookie, won the most games ever as a rookie (12, not 11) and broke the former record for passer rating as a rookie (but didn't set the record).

But it's not too early to tell for Luck? Who had an easier schedule, threw less TDs, more interceptions, had a passer rating worse than all of the following: Kevin Kolb, Jay Cutler, Christian Ponder, Ryan Fitzpatrick, Nick Foles, and Blaine Gabbert.
In fact, among QBs with more than 100 attempts, Luck ranked 30th in the league, ahead of just 8 players. And that list doesn't make good reading:
Ryan Tannehill, Jake Locker, Chad Henne, Mark Sanchez, Matt Cassel, Brady Quinn, John Skelton and Ryan Lindley.

That's it.

13thMan

Reaction score
Vetamur":1fgw5t4z said:
Slightly changing focus.. I believe Brady is still top 6, but to my eyes he has lost something. Manning is in his twilight years of QBing obviously but still throws the best of anyone, perhaps ever. To me though Brady is on a downhill path.

People keep marking Kaep down as over rated. But are there any objective reasons to do so? I dislike him, but I think that his personality or rep is coloring people's view. Wilson vs. Kaep could be the new Brady vs. Manning.

Good post.... and yes, I do believe Kaep vs. RW is the new school Manning vs. Brady... Here's looking forward to a decade worth of some exciting games. I think we collectively want to "mark down" Kaepernick because we are Hawks fans... I'm not sure there is an objective explanation, so that's all I've got... lol

SoHo9erFan

Reaction score
rideaducati":298az1bh said:
SoHo9erFan":298az1bh said:

yeah, ok. Kaep made throws last season that only a few QBs in this league could make. Yes, Russell Wilson is one of those QBs

13thMan

Reaction score
SoHo9erFan":16r9ob3o said:

This shouldn't surprise anybody... I'm certainly not offended. Vegas posts all of their odds in line with public perception, so basically, all Vegas is doing is posting the props based on who the majority of the public will bet on... Isn't Kaepernick's jersey the highest selling jersey right now? So clearly, the public likes him, right? So Vegas is just following suit. Odds at a horse race are based solely on the number of bets being placed on each horse.... Vegas is just doing the same thing here.

Marvin49

Reaction score
13thMan":8pbrbija said:
Vetamur":8pbrbija said:

Good post.... and yes, I do believe Kaep vs. RW is the new school Manning vs. Brady... Here's looking forward to a decade worth of some exciting games. I think we collectively want to "mark down" Kaepernick because we are Hawks fans... I'm not sure there is an objective explanation, so that's all I've got... lol

In all honesty I think all springs from the HOPE that Kaep crashes back to earth.

Not all of the criticisms of his play are completely bogus, but the assumtion is that he is incapable of becoming a better player the more he plays. Russell Wilson seems to be the only player allowed to improve with experience while Kaepernick is just an elaborate mirage of a player and has fooled everyone but the astute Seattle fan. :D

I've been arguing it for months but I have just given up. It's useless to argue with peeps who don't want to see it any other way. We'll see when the real bullets start flying. :D

13thMan

Reaction score
Marvin49":23o49f1e said:
13thMan":23o49f1e said:
Vetamur":23o49f1e said:

In all honesty I think all springs from the HOPE that Kaep crashes back to earth.

Not all of the criticisms of his play are completely bogus, but the assumtion is that he is incapable of becoming a better player the more he plays. Russell Wilson seems to be the only player allowed to improve with experience while Kaepernick is just an elaborate mirage of a player and has fooled everyone but the astute Seattle fan. :D

I've been arguning it for months but I have just given up. It's useless to argue with peeps who don't want to see it any other way. We'll see when the real bullets start flying. :D

No, I get it..... Makes sense.... every time I say something negative about your QB, it absolutely stems from a hope that the whole thing is a mirage. That said, I'm no idiot and it was only, what Kaep's 12th start or something in the Super Bowl? So while I am an RW homer, I do recognize that you guys have a ridiculously talented QB who will probably only get better and be a thorn in the Hawks side for years to come.... Here's hoping my HOPE somehow comes to fruition! lol

Fanatics

Reaction score
Marvin49":1l91g65e said:
13thMan":1l91g65e said:
Vetamur":1l91g65e said:

I've been arguing it for months but I have just given up. It's useless to argue with peeps who don't want to see it any other way. We'll see when the real bullets start flying. :D
The funny thing is, I personally know a few of the peeps you are talking about and with money on the line they drafted kap in their fantasy drafts. :eek:

Shhh though, you didn't hear it from me.

Marvin49

Reaction score
13thMan":2yfp5sst said:
Marvin49":2yfp5sst said:
13thMan":2yfp5sst said:

I've been arguning it for months but I have just given up. It's useless to argue with peeps who don't want to see it any other way. We'll see when the real bullets start flying. :D

No, I get it..... Makes sense.... every time I say something negative about your QB, it absolutely stems from a hope that the whole thing is a mirage. That said, I'm no idiot and it was only, what Kaep's 12th start or something in the Super Bowl? So while I am an RW homer, I do recognize that you guys have a ridiculously talented QB who will probably only get better and be a thorn in the Hawks side for years to come.... Here's hoping my HOPE somehow comes to fruition! lol

LOL. :D At least you admit it.

The Super Bowl was actually his 10th NFL start.

I'm sure if you looked hard enough at 49ers forums you would find people ripping on Russell Wilson. It works both ways. I tend to think there is more Kaep hate here than Wilson hate there...but the point is that it all stems from the same place.

Marvin49

Reaction score
Fanatics":2muyrlzx said:
Marvin49":2muyrlzx said:
13thMan":2muyrlzx said:

The funny thing is, I personally know a few of the peeps you are talking about and with money on the line they drafted kap in their fantasy drafts. :eek:

Shhh though, you didn't hear it from me.

HAHA!

That IS funny. ;-)

13thMan

Reaction score
:D[/quote]

Shhh though, you didn't hear it from me.[/quote]

Yep, I have seen this too.... lol.....

It's refreshing to see a few posts where homerism/hatred doesn't reign supreme... Wish there was more of that here, but I certainly appreciate it when it happens. Anyway, both are damn good QBs and it's safe to say there are more teams than not who are envious of either/both Niners and Seahawks... When was the last time you could say that???

SonicHawk

Reaction score
Did you know that every five seconds an Andrew Luck throws an interception?

You can put a stop to this by creating a run game in Indianapolis for only $3M a year.

MANUNITED23

Reaction score
1. Tom Brady
2. Aaron Rodgers
3. Peyton Manning
4. Drew Brees
5. Andrew Luck
6. Joe Flacco
7. Russell Wilson
8. Matt Ryan
9. Ben Roethlisberger
10. Eli Manning