NBA returning to Seattle?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Blitzer88

Reaction score
Throwdown":b12qnvft said:
Blitzer88":b12qnvft said:
Throwdown":b12qnvft said:
Anyone remember that Right Of First Refusal stuff? consider that avenue blocked, Hansen just agreed to purchase it.

ALL HAIL HANSEN!

Yup, he just spent another 15 mil to obtain that 7% ownership in bankruptcy court.

lol @ KJ, boy he's a clown

He's saying now (that its late) those 20 local guys who pledged $1 million each are gonna bid for that 7% as if the deal didn't just get closed.

Sac, get your boy, he's drunk out here.

Well know KJ is saying that he knew this was gonna happen and now has 15 days to match the offer by Hansen and Co.? I don't get this at all.

JOz56

Reaction score
Blitzer88":128752o2 said:
Well know KJ is saying that he knew this was gonna happen and now has 15 days to match the offer by Hansen and Co.? I don't get this at all.

Except he can't. The only people who can match, are the current minority owners.

Blitzer88

Reaction score
"Not to change the subject, but did anyone hear the Sac reporter on 1090 a little bit ago? I only caught part of it, but he hinted that there are more than eight owners planning on voting against Hansen. He said he didn’t want to discuss it on the record, but has been told by some insiders from other teams in the league that they have the necessary votes to block a sale to Hansen/Balmer. Ugh."

Just found this on Sonics Rising........man this better not be true.

EDIT: Here is the link to the podcasts that I think this poster was referring too: http://seattle.cbslocal.com/2013/03/27/ ... arch-27th/

JOz56

Reaction score
Blitzer88":39jvqfek said:
"Not to change the subject, but did anyone hear the Sac reporter on 1090 a little bit ago? I only caught part of it, but he hinted that there are more than eight owners planning on voting against Hansen. He said he didn’t want to discuss it on the record, but has been told by some insiders from other teams in the league that they have the necessary votes to block a sale to Hansen/Balmer. Ugh."

Just found this on Sonics Rising........man this better not be true.

EDIT: Here is the link to the podcasts that I think this poster was referring too: http://seattle.cbslocal.com/2013/03/27/ ... arch-27th/

Well if it is true (which I don't believe for a second. No owner would be stupid enough to speak when a gag order is in place) then they are just opening themselves up for a lawsuit and future problems, like other owners turning down their sale and potential move. Good thing its not true.

pinksheets

Reaction score
Dude is a Sac local news reporter, I question his contacts deep throughout the NBA power structure just a bit.

pinksheets

Reaction score
Based on what? I'd love to see examples of this reporter breaking NBA stories that more distinguished national writers whiffed on. I find it peculiar that NBA owners under a gag order enforced by heavy fines are leaking their perspectives to some guy from the Sacto 11 o'clock news. The Sacramento media has puppeted the KJ and ownership talking points all along, including the "gateway to India" nonsense, which Monacelli referenced verbatim in the same interview. They're staying on message, that's all.

Blitzer88

Reaction score
Listening to the Sandmeyer interview, it seems that no matter what the 7% stake will belong Sacramento as when they put in their matching bid that theirs would supersede Hansen and Ballmer's bid. And the reporter who stated that he had inside info on votes seemed very confident when he brought up that point. I no longer feel confident about this..............stupid NBA.

TestMo1337

Reaction score
The fact that Hansen's group can stay so silent is music to my ears.

Let Sacramento keep up the good work. Its great to see them fight for their team. Every city should be so lucky to have a mayor that looks out for all of a city's interests.

Owners do not want to be told what they can do with their franchises... Even if that means moving to less desirable cities. They will not vote against each so they can continue to leverage the best possible deals. If the NBA only did what was right for the cities no team would ever move.

Many of us thought the league would never turn its back on 41 years of history and a large market like Seattle for another city. The BOG proved that they care about their fellow owners.

pinksheets

Reaction score
Blitzer88":hpm5d1mm said:
Listening to the Sandmeyer interview, it seems that no matter what the 7% stake will belong Sacramento as when they put in their matching bid that theirs would supersede Hansen and Ballmer's bid. And the reporter who stated that he had inside info on votes seemed very confident when he brought up that point. I no longer feel confident about this..............stupid NBA.
Only standing minority owners can submit a bid to match. The only one who is saying he's going to do that is Bob Cook, the bankrupt guy whose share was just sold. Where is this money coming from? Why isn't it being used to pay the massive debt to his creditors? Why are so many broke entities finding magical amounts of mystery money to try to throw off Chris Hanen's business dealings? :lol:

JSeahawks

Reaction score
Can you guys just hurry up and get this shit done already? I'm tired of reading about speculation, politics and money. I want to get down to talking about how my Blazers are gonna whoop dat Sonics ass.

Throwdown

Reaction score
They probably would, the whole kings team is trash. When Hansen hires me as GM, imma gut that bitch 800 ways to sunday.

AbsolutNET

Reaction score
JSeahawks":1s87jeyc said:
Can you guys just hurry up and get this shit done already? I'm tired of reading about speculation, politics and money. I want to get down to talking about how my Blazers are gonna whoop dat Sonics ass.

Portland Trail Blazers 33-37

Because they're so good at winning, right?

Blitzer88

Reaction score
Throwdown":1moeyeg9 said:
That's it, blitzer! You're outta the heard!

You can't make me! On a more srious note, I mean I feel the way I do because of the gag order on the Hansen/Ballmer group so everyday I keep hearing about how quickly things are coming together for sac-Town in a short period of time. If there was some Seattle news every now and then on this subject maybe my hopes would be a little higher than they are right now.

Throwdown

Reaction score
We could just block your information north korea style, just to save you from yourself.

Status
Not open for further replies.