2014 Summer Transfer Window

Uncle Si

Reaction score
peachesenregalia":15jnjxfz said:
Suarez is going to Barcelona. looks like the sides are meeting today. I'd say anything in the 40-50 mil plus Sanchez range is about right. We get a top-notch forward to replace Suarez, plus a bag of money to further strengthen the squad.

I think even before the bite this was probably inevitable. Your thoughts, Simon?

inevitable there would be discussion, yes. I'm still very surprised its Barca that are interested in him. They're weak in the middle and in the back. age has caught up with them. they rely on the best player in the world to open play up, and hope Neymar (and Sanchez) can expose the compacted defenders on the flanks. Where does Suarez fit in all that? where does his persona fit in a team that belongs to (although very quietly behind closed doors) to Messi? is that Barca's best use of 80-100 million? (especially if they only have one window this season)

I always thought it would be Real. I still think there are twists to this story. I don't think he's spot on to Barca, or that Sanchez is spot on to come the other way. PSG and Monaco may have a say.

Smurf

Reaction score
The first name on the potential long list of Suitors for DeAndre Yedlin is Inter Milan. Reports coming out that they are interested in the Seattle Native..

The price tag for Yedlin will most likely be north of $5 Million.

The first of many I'm sure.

Uncle Si

Reaction score
Smurf":2khm1qa3 said:
The first name on the potential long list of Suitors for DeAndre Yedlin is Inter Milan. Reports coming out that they are interested in the Seattle Native..

His name (as well as Johnsons) popped up on the Liverpool site I visit.

Would love to see it to be honest...an American field player at Liverpool

UK_Seahawk

Reaction score
peachesenregalia":3fun8pkb said:
I'd say anything in the 40-50 mil plus Sanchez range is about right.

Keep dreaming, Suarez is damaged goods. As if anyone is going to pay in the area of 70m.

Smurf

Reaction score
peachesenregalia":56zmslvc said:
Uncle Si":56zmslvc said:
Smurf":56zmslvc said:

His name (as well as Johnsons) popped up on the Liverpool site I visit.

Would love to see it to be honest...an American field player at Liverpool

Yedlin would make some sense, we need FB help for sure, and he fits the mold of what Rodgers likes - young, athletic, likes to get forward.

Would love to see him in Liverpool Red.

I would have to switch allegiances...

Uncle Si

Reaction score
peachesenregalia":389j48fo said:
UK_Seahawk":389j48fo said:
peachesenregalia":389j48fo said:
I'd say anything in the 40-50 mil plus Sanchez range is about right.

Keep dreaming, Suarez is damaged goods. As if anyone is going to pay in the area of 70m.

LOL, are you deliberately trying to come across as naive and stupid? Talks are ongoing with Barca, they are at 60m, we are at 80 and sticking firm. I'd say the area of 70m sounds about right. What will you say when that happens?

why bother with him?

Uncle Si

Reaction score
I wouldn't care too much about it to be honest... he's either being dumb on purpose, or simply because its his nature. either way, he's the loser in that.

I had not realized that after the Bale selling (and Modric the year before) and all the terrible football Spurs played last year they only finished 3 points off their pace from the pre-Bale year, a year in which they finished 4th.

I'm resigned to losing Suarez, and cant make up my mind if its good or bad (which means its both). I guess the positive is we will be free of the constant speculation regarding him and will have a handful of new players in. Whether that all works out to be better than an actual Suarez scoring actual goals will be the question of the season.

OP
OP
Gatehawk

Gatehawk

Reaction score
Uncle Si":11rkjfa0 said:
peachesenregalia":11rkjfa0 said:
Suarez is going to Barcelona. looks like the sides are meeting today. I'd say anything in the 40-50 mil plus Sanchez range is about right. We get a top-notch forward to replace Suarez, plus a bag of money to further strengthen the squad.

I think even before the bite this was probably inevitable. Your thoughts, Simon?

inevitable there would be discussion, yes. I'm still very surprised its Barca that are interested in him. They're weak in the middle and in the back. age has caught up with them. they rely on the best player in the world to open play up, and hope Neymar (and Sanchez) can expose the compacted defenders on the flanks. Where does Suarez fit in all that? where does his persona fit in a team that belongs to (although very quietly behind closed doors) to Messi? is that Barca's best use of 80-100 million? (especially if they only have one window this season)

I always thought it would be Real. I still think there are twists to this story. I don't think he's spot on to Barca, or that Sanchez is spot on to come the other way. PSG and Monaco may have a say.

If Suarez is indeed going to Barca, the only roadblock in that deal would be Sancez, there's been rumors that Liverpool isn't his preferred choice and if they're true, Suarez might not be off to Catalonia.

Uncle Si

Reaction score
I believe Suarez is going... It will either be a massive massive sum or a massive sum + Sanchez

Rumours are derived to get clicks. No one knows nothing at this point

No deal has been agreed...that I can tell you

Uncle Si

Reaction score
It won't be 90 and I'd be shocked if Sanchez ends up at Arsenal... Media speculation has been quite "special" around this one..

I've a feeling it'll be done soon with some shocks. BBC noe reporting 60 with intimations Sanchez is included.

Where Alexis wants to go is London media aiming for read

Nog

Reaction score
Not sure that Barça is making a good deal. Suarez will not play before November.

Uncle Si

Reaction score
Nog":31cybykg said:
Not sure that Barça is making a good deal. Suarez will not play before November.

That suspension will be reduced for sure on appeal

Nog

Reaction score
Uncle Si":2pefjq0n said:
Nog":2pefjq0n said:

I don't think they will reduce his suspension enough to make the preparation. In fact, he wouldn't have accessed of Barça's training center. That's the biggest issue!

Uncle Si

Reaction score
Nog":thwodts3 said:
Uncle Si":thwodts3 said:
Nog":thwodts3 said:

I don't think they will reduce his suspension enough to make the preparation. In fact, he wouldn't have accessed of Barça's training center. That's the biggest issue!

The training ban has already been lifted. He can train with Liverpool if he felt up to it

My thought is it will be halved in terms of length..which is just a couple games with barca given their later start...

All to be seen

Smurf

Reaction score
Liverpool better make barca pay over what he's worth...they only get one chance to get him this year. Barca have to sieze it.

OP
OP
Gatehawk

Gatehawk

Reaction score
Uncle Si":ncemjjoa said:
I believe Suarez is going... It will either be a massive massive sum or a massive sum + Sanchez

Rumours are derived to get clicks. No one knows nothing at this point

No deal has been agreed...that I can tell you

Why do I get the feelin that everyone just skips over the part where I say "if it's true". Besides, all rumors are based on some fact, regardless of whether or not they come to fruition.