2014 Summer Transfer Window

Uncle Si

Reaction score
I do wonder about Origi. Its great to get your perspective. I think the costs being quoted in France are inflated given Liverpool seem willing to loan him back. I wonder if it includes his salary.

Rodgers can't get these wrong given the Borini, Aspas, Alberto deals and loss of Suarez. If Origi is going back on loan I can't imagine his sunk cost is that much.

Liverpool may be bigger than Lille, but we aren't City

Nog

Reaction score
Uncle Si":1cm25wvl said:
I do wonder about Origi. Its great to get your perspective. I think the costs being quoted in France are inflated given Liverpool seem willing to loan him back. I wonder if it includes his salary.

Rodgers can't get these wrong given the Borini, Aspas, Alberto deals and loss of Suarez. If Origi is going back on loan I can't imagine his sunk cost is that much.

His salary? Haven't heard much about this! But you know his salary doesn't excess 30k€/mouth (not sure about this).

Uncle Si

Reaction score
Still pops up on Liverpool board. He will go to a coach who utilizes the wing back approach. Not many do though. Arsenal, Liverpool, Southampton, Everton and Swansea are the most reflective of his strengths in my opinion.

Now, which need him

Nog

Reaction score

Uncle Si

Reaction score
Nog":2gnxt4dg said:
Uncle Si":2gnxt4dg said:

His salary? Haven't heard much about this! But you know his salary doesn't excess 30k€/mouth (not sure about this).

Sometimes the transfer fees come across as the fee itself plus the players annual salary or add ons.

For example, the Adam Lallana transfer was originally believed to be 25 million, but has since been revealed as 16 million plus add ons.

Who knows really. again, for me, youre paying for what he might bring, not what he will. Luke Shaw is not worth 30 million next year, but he has the potential to be one of the best left backs in the world by the time he's 23. So United paid for his potential.

Nog

Reaction score
Uncle Si":sgpl0jvk said:
Sometimes the transfer fees come across as the fee itself plus the players annual salary or add ons.

For example, the Adam Lallana transfer was originally believed to be 25 million, but has since been revealed as 16 million plus add ons.

Who knows really. again, for me, youre paying for what he might bring, not what he will. Luke Shaw is not worth 30 million next year, but he has the potential to be one of the best left backs in the world by the time he's 23. So United paid for his potential.
Hum I see. I've never heard something like this in France, but every country has its own practice when it comes down to transfer.

I agree with you. Luke Shaw can become a prime player, so he is worth every penny :D Lucas Digne was sold 15M€ to PSG just after one complete year with Lille, which could appear a little bit overpaid. In fact, it is really not!

Uncle Si

Reaction score
Not that its a practice Nog, but just a sneaky way for media to blow stories out of proportion....

Nog

Reaction score
Hum ok. Actually it could make sense!!! I remembered that Marseille and Lille had different interpretation concerning the transfer amount of Florian Thauvin. Seydoux (president and owner of Lille) loves to pretend he is a good deal maker.

SeatownJay

Reaction score

Uncle Si

Reaction score
Gatehawk":p27nmqsy said:

his shorts are too high

he is quality though. its a weird fit for me. Hes a true winger, who can tuck in. its still not addressing Arsenal's primary need (another striker) and just adds to a place they are heavy (will he replace the role Podolski fills and play opposite Walcott? ox-cham?). Whats your ideal lineup with him in it Gate?

but he's class (or was at Barca, decent in the World Cup)

OP
OP
Gatehawk

Gatehawk

Reaction score
Uncle Si":2xu7v3w2 said:
Gatehawk":2xu7v3w2 said:

his shorts are too high

he is quality though. its a weird fit for me. Hes a true winger, who can tuck in. its still not addressing Arsenal's primary need (another striker) and just adds to a place they are heavy (will he replace the role Podolski fills and play opposite Walcott? ox-cham?). Whats your ideal lineup with him in it Gate?

but he's class (or was at Barca, decent in the World Cup)

Well, if we go by if Arsenal sign the players rumored to be on the way in the last couple days this would be my XI:

Szczesny
Debuchy - Mertesacker(c) - Koscielny - Gibbs
Ramsey - Ozil - Cazorla
Walcott - Giroud - Sanchez​

Subs: Oxlade-Chamberlain, Podolski, Remy, Vermaelen, Jenkinson, Wilshere, Goalkeeper signing

You could also alternate Arteta and Flamini at any given time. As long as the players stay healthy enough, the rotation in the midfield could be amazing and beneficial to the squad.

Uncle Si

Reaction score
Szczesny
Ramsey - Ozil - Cazorla
Walcott - Giroud - Sanchez

hmmm... that squad lacks quite a bit of defensive integrity, to be honest, but should score. I think Arsenal's biggest concerns will be the health of these players (Walcott, Ox and Ramsey have missed significant time the last few seasons)

and again, no suitable refresher for Giroud.

is 25-30 mil on a winger really where Wenger wants to blow his budget?

ive heard Khedira, which obviously adds the teeth to the middle. that makes for a better rotation of your mids. Can Arsenal actually sanction two big signings?

UK_Seahawk

Reaction score
Uncle Si":1v9vezq3 said:
Szczesny
Ramsey - Ozil - Cazorla

hmmm... that squad lacks quite a bit of defensive integrity, to be honest, but should score. I think Arsenal's biggest concerns will be the health of these players (Walcott, Ox and Ramsey have missed significant time the last few seasons)

ive heard Khedira, which obviously adds the teeth to the middle. that makes for a better rotation of your mids. Can Arsenal actually sanction two big signings?

You're smoking crack if you think Arsenal only has 30m to spend.

Remy is close to signing which is exactly the type of scorer Arsenal need, he's twice the player Sturridge is.

Arsenal's defence will be fine, players like Manolas are likely to come in. Vermaelen I think will go anyway.

I know you copied Gatehawk but there is no way they play that front 6. Look for a more balanced midfield with a holding midfielder (Arteta / Flamini).

Nog

Reaction score
UK_Seahawk":2ctii6bc said:

Remy is close to signing which is exactly the type of scorer Arsenal need, he's twice the player Sturridge is.

Arsenal's defence will be fine, players like Manolas are likely to come in. Vermaelen I think will go anyway.

I know you copied Gatehawk but there is no way they play that front 6. Look for a more balanced midfield with a holding midfielder (Arteta / Flamini).
:lol: :lol:

You know Rémy played for Marseille, so I've seen him a lot. He is talented, and he also has a lack of work ethic which makes him erratic. You can see some flash sometimes yeah. What you just have said it is just hilarious! Sturridge is younger, and he scored 21 goals last year. That's something that Rémy has never done in his entire career.

Uncle Si

Reaction score
UK_Seahawk":6h8z8one said:
Uncle Si":6h8z8one said:
Szczesny
Ramsey - Ozil - Cazorla

Atleast you're consistent

Nog

Reaction score
Uncle Si":2yqpd29f said:
Can Arsenal actually sanction two big signings?
Nope. The financial fair play only allows one big signing ;)

Uncle Si

Reaction score
Nog":2ub192zf said:
Uncle Si":2ub192zf said:
Can Arsenal actually sanction two big signings?
Nope. The financial fair play only allows one big signing ;)

Arsenal's got a track record when it comes to doling out cash. Its not can they but will they. Or...I'm "smoking crack"

Smurf

Reaction score
That Arsenal team sheet would just be begging for a solid counter attacking team (like Liverpool). No defensive integrity in the middle of the park on that one. If they keep the 4-3-3 (and they will) they need to play a holding midfielder. They haven't gotten one to do the job since Song left.

They need someone who can win the ball back, and then spray it to the wide players when needed. Defensive/Possession midfielder.

If I was Arsenal I'd sign Arturo Vidal.