2019 NFL Draft Thread

Maelstrom787

Reaction score
Rat":1jhkjdkv said:
Well, we have about a hundred picks now. Maybe we'll trade back up for Parris.

I'd hate it so much, but he would add a new wrinkle. It'd be up to Schottenheimer to utilize him correctly.

He was a private visit, so Schotty might be banging the table behind the scenes for him.

MrThortan

Reaction score
Looks like there is a run on WRs. Wonder if we will pick one with our remaining picks.?

chris98251

Reaction score
Smellyman":zg202580 said:
chris98251":zg202580 said:
Don't know if he plays safety, may be our nickel or slot guy to replace Coleman.

No, he is a heat seeking missile at safety

May play FS but screams slot or Nickel. To slight to play SS in our system and the NFL.

Seahawker

Reaction score
JayhawkMike":2z6hqn3w said:
All the waiting for the 103 rated player with the 47th pick. Surely could have waited a round. They think they are smarter than everyone else and haven’t been for a few years.

I have to agree with you, our draft history holds little success over the last several years with their groundhog day trade downs. Search Seahawks draft history by year if you don't believe it, Kam & Sherman in the 5th were a long time ago.
Pete & John are like two guys along the highway picking up aluminum cans but keeping their eyes out for gold, the fuller the garbage bag the more they think CHA-CHING! If they don't hit on 4-5 picks (or 3 bigtime) this draft, then I would think it would be fair to say that their draft methods should come into question & be considered more of a detriment than success.
I'll give JS & PC a pass for drafts that were not deep in overall talent, but 2019 is not one of them. There are a lot of players starting in this league that we traded away from and there are a slew of players that they acquired from trading down that are no longer in the league. Sorry for the rant but we can't improve if PC & JS do not produce.

Rat

Reaction score
Damn, Chargers have the safety duo of Derwin James - Nassir Adderley for the upcoming future.

MrThortan

Reaction score
Looks like Arizona found a trade partner with the Dolphins for Josh Rosen. I was kind of hoping they couldn't ship him for the locker room drama :rumble:

Uncle Si

Reaction score
Seahawker76":1ns65bo8 said:
JayhawkMike":1ns65bo8 said:
All the waiting for the 103 rated player with the 47th pick. Surely could have waited a round. They think they are smarter than everyone else and haven’t been for a few years.

I have to agree with you, our draft history holds little success over the last several years with their groundhog day trade downs. Search Seahawks draft history by year if you don't believe it, Kam & Sherman in the 5th were a long time ago.
Pete & John are like two guys along the highway picking up aluminum cans but keeping their eyes out for gold, the fuller the garbage bag the more they think CHA-CHING! If they don't hit on 4-5 picks (or 3 bigtime) this draft, then I would think it would be fair to say that their draft methods should come into question & be considered more of a detriment than success.
I'll give JS & PC a pass for drafts that were not deep in overall talent, but 2019 is not one of them. There are a lot of players starting in this league that we traded away from and there are a slew of players that they acquired from trading down that are no longer in the league. Sorry for the rant but we can't improve if PC & JS do not produce.

Theyve also acquired a great deal of starters and consistent talent.

Maelstrom787

Reaction score
THERE'S THE TRADE UP! LET'S SEE IT!

I had a feeling. When I saw the Patriots trade pick message, for some reason I just knew. It makes too much sense.

Justin Layne and Chauncey Gardner-Johnson are on the board - both were private visits.

MrThortan

Reaction score
Looks like We get: Pick 64 (R2), they get: 77 (R3), 118 (R4)

Maelstrom787

Reaction score
I hated the prospect of taking Metcalf, but at pick 64? I can get over it. Let's hope he unlocks some of that potential.

Wow.

sc85sis

Reaction score
We gave up a third and a fourth for Metcalf. We still have another third and three fourth round picks.

We had five picks coming into yesterday. Five. John is doing exactly what he needs to do.

sc85sis

Reaction score
We gave up a third and a fourth for Metcalf. We still have another third and three fourth round picks.

We had five picks coming into yesterday. Five. John is doing exactly what he needs to do.

Latest posts