2020 Seahawks Depth Chart and roster moves

OP
OP
J

jammerhawk

Reaction score
The team’s cap took a hit with these ‘‘performance” bonuses. Now down to $50,775,222 according to OTC.

Hawkstorian

Reaction score
Additionally, Jason has updated the contracts for Duane Brown, Tyler Lockett and K.J. Wright to presumably include performance incentives that would otherwise by NLTBE but are all considered "likely" because it is the last year of the CBA.

After RFA tenders, the Seahawks will be under $45M in cap even after cutting Ed Dickson.

I now think K.J. Wright's contract is one to watch -- he may be a cap casualty after all. $7.5m savings in cutting him.

OP
OP
J

jammerhawk

Reaction score
Appy, Don't believe Ifedi is factored in at all as he is a UFA this offseason and will be on the market to get a new deal.

Suspect he will want more than the team is prepared to pay, like all things price will be a factor in keeping him. Believe the team might be better off acquiring a RT in the draft. Continuity on the OLine is important but Ifedi hasn't grown in step with his draft position or expectation for improvement, he does stay healthy though and that is a limited positive, but he still has killed more drives than any other player on the OLine.

Hawkstorian

Reaction score
Appyhawk":zw14e6ad said:
What Ifedi factor are you using to get at that $45M #?

I really enjoy and recommend the posts you and Jammer put up. Great stuff.

None of the UFA guys are factored into available cap. I am factoring the RFA guys I think will received tenders.

OP
OP
J

jammerhawk

Reaction score
These bonuses are exactly what Hawkstorian was talking about, they will chip away at the available cap number which i suspect is truly closer to $40-45 mil. before cap cuts.

OP
OP
J

jammerhawk

Reaction score
At present http://www.draftech.com is mocking 3 compensatory picks to the Seahawks:
* these pick numbers may change *

3rd rd.- pick 100 Thomas
4th rd.- pick 143 Coleman
6th rd.- pick 214 Stephen

I'm going to post these.

The number of comp. picks is confirmed by www.OTC.com

OP
OP
J

jammerhawk

Reaction score
For me no, but he was another early draft pick that for whatever reason flashed then disappeared out off the league and could be a guy that has slipped through the cracks. Time will tell.

He could however be a cheap but utilitarian journeyman addition with potential upside, or not.

OP
OP
J

jammerhawk

Reaction score
Thanks Kitsap!

Finally some news!!! :2thumbs:

I am hopeful this player has something left in the tank, a year will tell. It could be a good signing and his cost will be partially offset by the cut of TE- Dickson. Sure hope he spends less time injured than Dickson did.

Updated.

Don't believe this player is considered a UFA as he was cut by the Panthers and is a street FA until the new season starts. as a result he doesn't count in potential comp pick calculations.

Hawkstorian

Reaction score
Sounds like new CBA is being voted on --- this could definitely change cap space and also might impact roster rules with the 17 game season down the road. Stay tuned!

OP
OP
J

jammerhawk

Reaction score
Thanks Jville!!!

Interesting indeed, wonder how much the Players Assn. will chafe over?

Surprised at the one only active player increase and it being restricted to OLine.