2020 Seahawks Depth Chart and roster moves

OP
OP
J

jammerhawk

Reaction score
Thanks Kitsap!

He's already added to the roster on the strength of reliable source information.

OP
OP
J

jammerhawk

Reaction score
As things sit presently after watching a combine where it appeared there isn't a great deal of quality defensive depth of talent available it certainly looks as if the team could be focusing upon O in the draft and being forced to pay for defensive talent in FA.

I cannot recall an offseason in many many years where I have as many concerns about the quality of the depth on the roster and where there are as many critical roster spots needing to be filled.

Free agency is approaching quickly and if we look at the roster under contract for 2020 there are certainly some very huge areas of need.

Upon reflection the Clark/Clowney situation may not turn out as well as we were crowing last offseason. Time will tell with this all but I have real concern about the depth of the D generally but especially the DLine. I certainly hope JS is able to work his magic to acquire some young solid DLine talent. Stay tuned.

Appyhawk

Reaction score
Ranch in Flint Hills of Kansas, formerly NW Montan
Curtis Crabtree
@Curtis_Crabtree
·

1h
Seahawks announce Steve Hutchinson has joined the front office as a football consultant.

Brennan Carroll promoted to run game coordinator. Aaron Curry promoted to a full-time role as defensive assistant.

Damione Lewis (defense) and Keli'i Kekuewa (offense) added to staff.

Not exactly roster but I thought it was interesting addition to our staff.

OP
OP
J

jammerhawk

Reaction score
This player is a high character player and has shown he can play NCB at a high level and if nothing if added could bring an increased level of competition to the position. He's stout against the run as well and not shy to square up against RBs.

Wonder what kind money he'll want? As well like Olsen he won't count against the comp pick formula.

OP
OP
J

jammerhawk

Reaction score
Just heard on Sirius XM NFL radio that the Seahawks are having TE- Jordan Reed in for visit today.

At some point perhaps soon visits for free agents and draft picks may get suspended with all the precautions on the COVID situation.

Hawkstorian

Reaction score
CBA approved narrowly! And now cap set at $198.2M which is a little lower than expected.

Now to see if free agency is delayed. It seems sensible to put it off a couple weeks.

KitsapGuy

Reaction score
[tweet]https://twitter.com/JohnPGilbertNFL/status/1239640606311358464[/tweet]

[tweet]https://twitter.com/BradyHenderson/status/1239642252965580800[/tweet]

OP
OP
J

jammerhawk

Reaction score
Thanks Kitsap, wonder if he will engender any interest from others teams?

chris98251

Reaction score
jammerhawk":2v99o9n4 said:
Thanks Kitsap, wonder if he will engender any interest from others teams?
For a seventh he might, but it's not a good year to be a WR and low man either with the slobber fest of this years WR's in the draft.

AgentDib

Reaction score
In my book it would be great if another team wanted to give us a 7th round pick for David Moore.

We are set at our top two receiver positions and this is a historically deep draft for WRs, so even the original round tender for Moore seems like an overpay to me. My guess is there must be some personal reasons to keep him around, ie. Russ likes him.

OP
OP
J

jammerhawk

Reaction score
We don't see how this player practices and thus only have a partial picture. However, I'm not sure he's worth $2.133 mil to keep around for the season. So all in all I don't disagree.

OP
OP
J

jammerhawk

Reaction score
George Fant reached agreement with the Jets on a three-year, $30 million deal that includes $13.7 million guaranteed according to Adam Schefter