Reaction score
TraderGary":tv65k1x1 said:
chris98251":tv65k1x1 said:
FresnoHawk68":tv65k1x1 said:
Maelstrom787":tv65k1x1 said:
Got a link?

Not saying this dickishly, just wondering the source

Google it!

Courtesy when you post a rumor or something you state as fact is to also post the link.

In the past Mods would give you a chance to correct it, if you didn't they would just delete it since you didn't have the courtesy to post the link indicating it as hyperbole or just your opinion.

If you don't understand what I am saying, GOOGLE IT !
:lol: :lol:

Post a link!

OP
OP
F

FresnoHawk52

Reaction score
KitsapGuy":32tn6elo said:
https://seahawks.net/viewtopic.php?f=13&t=1069

Ok right off the bat what if there is no link posted on the article?

Maelstrom787

Reaction score
FresnoHawk68":2d7kksrh said:
KitsapGuy":2d7kksrh said:

Thank you I’ll give it a try.

Forum etiquette:
• Refrain for posting dual Topics: Scan the front page and confirm there is not already a topic on the subject
• Bait and Switch Posts: Bait and Switch means stating something in the subject line that is a joke only to you or to get as many folks to click on your post as possible
• Posting Complete Articles or Videos:
Seahawks.NET does NOT allow posting of complete articles from outside sources
You can post a short paragraph and cite your source with a link to the rest of the article
You may NOT post video containing a game or movie in its entirety, no exceptions
• Thread Hijacking:
Please make an effort to stay on topic in every thread, regardless of forum
• Post Topics in the correct forum:
Scan all forums and Post your topic in most accurate forum
Discussing players for other teams should be done is the NFL forum
• Approval is required to post links back to your own site:
Prior to posting you must contact Seahawks.NET owner Wenhawk for approval. Please include the link you'd like to use for us to review
• Signature Lines/Photos/Avatars:
Signature pictures to be within 50 pixels of 468 X 100
MAXIMUM width of signature is 518 pixels
MAXIMUM height is 150 pixels
Signatures are limited to one picture only
Discriminatory, Racial, Political, War, Religion, and Sexually explicit signatures and avatars are not allowed*
• Use of PM's:
Private Messages are subject to the guidelines of the non-shack forums
Report offensive or threatening PM. Copy and send the offensive PM to the Mods
• Use of the Report Feature:

Let’s go over the rules show me what I’m doing wrong? If I make a statement why do I always have to cite my source? If someone ask me where I got the information and I tell them but don’t post the link what’s wrong with that? What’s wrong with googling it?

It's just a courtesy thing. It's been the norm for years.

News topics like this should have a link posted for validity. It's a lot harder to foster a good, open conversation when you're requiring people to go off and verify the information you've brought up for discussion. A good thread starts with a source so that we can discuss the news itself and how it impacts the Seahawks right off the bat. Creating a barrier to informed conversation at the start of the thread just makes it harder on everyone and discourages participation, however insignificantly it may be.

Wasn't trying to confront you or anything, just a simple suggestion to improve both your posts and the quality/number of replies you receive on the topic.

OP
OP
F

FresnoHawk52

Reaction score
Maelstrom787":1vwqi1tw said:
FresnoHawk68":1vwqi1tw said:
KitsapGuy":1vwqi1tw said:

Forum etiquette:
• Refrain for posting dual Topics: Scan the front page and confirm there is not already a topic on the subject
• Bait and Switch Posts: Bait and Switch means stating something in the subject line that is a joke only to you or to get as many folks to click on your post as possible
You can post a short paragraph and cite your source with a link to the rest of the article
You may NOT post video containing a game or movie in its entirety, no exceptions
• Thread Hijacking:
Prior to posting you must contact Seahawks.NET owner Wenhawk for approval. Please include the link you'd like to use for us to review
Discriminatory, Racial, Political, War, Religion, and Sexually explicit signatures and avatars are not allowed*
• Use of PM's:

Let’s go over the rules show me what I’m doing wrong? If I make a statement why do I always have to cite my source? If someone ask me where I got the information and I tell them but don’t post the link what’s wrong with that? What’s wrong with googling it?

News topics like this should have a link posted for validity. It's a lot harder to foster a good, open conversation when you're requiring people to go off and verify the information you've brought up for discussion. A good thread starts with a source so that we can discuss the news itself and how it impacts the Seahawks right off the bat. Creating a barrier to informed conversation at the start of the thread just makes it harder on everyone and discourages participation, however insignificantly it may be.

Wasn't trying to confront you or anything, just a simple suggestion to improve both your posts and the quality/number of replies you receive on the topic.

Wasn’t I doing a service to the guy for telling him where I the information? I cut & pasted Pete’s words and stated where he could find it. He seemed insulted by my actions?

KitsapGuy

Reaction score

OP
OP
F

FresnoHawk52

Reaction score
OP
OP
F

FresnoHawk52

Reaction score
Maelstrom787":2tpn41qn said:
FresnoHawk68":2tpn41qn said:
Maelstrom787":2tpn41qn said:
FresnoHawk68":2tpn41qn said:
Google it!

Alright. Original source Albert Breer of SI: https://www.si.com/nfl/2021/03/08/mmqb- ... candidates

Try to source it next time, just makes everything easier so the information doesn't have to be questioned for validity

Everything I say comes from a source unless stated otherwise! That’s the truth I don’t Mickey Mouse around!

Alright.

Just sayin' maybe consider the link next time. Works better for everyone.

I can post links now!

KinesProf

Reaction score
Maelstrom787":25t1izsa said:
FresnoHawk68":25t1izsa said:
KitsapGuy":25t1izsa said:

Forum etiquette:
• Thread Hijacking:
• Use of PM's:

Kudos on the kind and patient reply and explanation. :irishdrinkers:

OP
OP
F

FresnoHawk52

Reaction score
KitsapGuy":30kvmiyw said:

Is posting complete articles the same thing as posting links to articles?

KitsapGuy

Reaction score
No. At least post something that what it's about. People aren't going to click on a link if they don't know what it's about. And some Mods will simply delete it.

You can post a link to a quote from an article. But DO NOT post a complete article. Even with a link it can violate copyright laws. And we have been contacted by lawyers in the past for it. That's why the rule was put in place.

OP
OP
F

FresnoHawk52

Reaction score
KinesProf":22yoo8s9 said:
Maelstrom787":22yoo8s9 said:
FresnoHawk68":22yoo8s9 said:
KitsapGuy":22yoo8s9 said:

Forum etiquette:
• Thread Hijacking:
• Use of PM's:

Isn’t attacking the poster against the rules?

OP
OP
F

FresnoHawk52

Reaction score
KitsapGuy":2gq41xrj said:
No. At least post something that what it's about. People aren't going to click on a link if they don't know what it's about. And some Mods will simply delete it.

Ok got it! But it won’t get me banned right? Sometimes this IPAD post my posts before I’m finished typing.

OP
OP
F

FresnoHawk52

Reaction score
KitsapGuy":1plb8zug said:

You can post a link to a quote from an article. But DO NOT post a complete article. Even with a link it can violate copyright laws. And we have been contacted by lawyers in the past for it. That's why the rule was put in place.

Kitsap help me with another issue.

As I cannot be sure, but the usage of explanation points, grammar, spelling, difficulty in grasping the idea of citation, and hyper focus on a topic ( Sam Darnold) suggests that there may be a developmental disability involved here.

Is that guy insulting me? I know I’ll get banned if I hit him back real good!

KitsapGuy

Reaction score
Technically, no. He didn't directly call you a name. But I did edit the post.

And yes, not responding back is the right thing to do. If we don't catch it, use the report button at the bottom of the post. We can't catch everything.

OP
OP
F

FresnoHawk52

Reaction score
KitsapGuy":1wzhp4nz said:
Technically, no. He didn't directly call you a name. But I did edit the post.

And yes, not responding back is the right thing to do. If we don't catch it, use the report button at the bottom of the post. We can't catch everything.

Ok got it! Several guys here have been not technically harassing me and I punched back! Can I not technically punch back?
These guys no your limits I don’t!

chris98251

Reaction score
KitsapGuy":1m84zdtk said:
We look at both sides. But the best thing is don't go there in the first place.

Who is this guy anyway, The sheriff opting for diplomacy?

You bring him back, I know your holding him hostage.