Aaron Rodgers for Russel Wilson Straight Up

hawksfansince90

Reaction score
John63":vzkoj1bv said:
What is interesting here is Rodgers has had huge family issues, got coaches fired and is now trying to force his way out and some yoy are good with it anyway. But when the media made a much bigger deal what Wilson said u wanted to castrate him.

Unlike Wilson who should be have gotten Pete fired for all his short comings and failures. If you gonna say Rodgers is a drama queen don't sit there and tell me Wilson isn't one himself with the current Hawks drama along with the attention Wilson & Ciara are constantly seeking.

Tusc2000

Reaction score
So you have two stars who are both unhappy with their team's management -- and you're going to trade them for each other?????

Seymour

Reaction score
Welshers":glwvn9ar said:
scutterhawk":glwvn9ar said:
How the hell can you expect anyone to take you serious after this? :roll:
I'm not for the trade. It's just with all the insane stuff I've seen on here, I'm not going to be surprised when this comes up

Well congrats, it came up and you started it.

ducks41468

Reaction score
Yeah that's an easy yes, even as a fan of Wilson. Even at his age Rodgers could still get you a SB or two with this roster.

HawkRiderFan

Reaction score
lol in what world doesn't Rodgers come with a circus of his own? Sure there are reasons where that trade can be made but to say Rodgers doesn't come with drama is ridiculous

A_Biased_Fan

Reaction score
I would honestly say no. Rodgers is going to be 38 this year and he's always played with dominant offensive lines. There is no guarantee he would be as good with our offensive line. He's not nearly as nimble as he was 10 years ago.

Sgt. Largent

Reaction score
hawksfansince90":11nepfq1 said:
John63":11nepfq1 said:
What is interesting here is Rodgers has had huge family issues, got coaches fired and is now trying to force his way out and some yoy are good with it anyway. But when the media made a much bigger deal what Wilson said u wanted to castrate him.

Unlike Wilson who should be have gotten Pete fired for all his short comings and failures. If you gonna say Rodgers is a drama queen don't sit there and tell me Wilson isn't one himself with the current Hawks drama along with the attention Wilson & Ciara are constantly seeking.

The only difference is McCarthy didn't have as much power as Pete does to stop his QB from leveraging him out. That's the only reason Russell hasn't been able to dictate and control more of what he sees wrong with the Hawk's staff and organization.

You guys are kidding yourselves if you don't think Russell wants the kind of control over his coaches and career that Rodgers and Brady now has.

This is the new dawn of entitled sports stars. Lebron, Rodgers, Brady, Harden, Davis......now Russell.

So strap yourselves in, we're in for a bumpy ride the next 2-3 years with Russell.

John63

Reaction score
hawksfansince90":1c6dw7ev said:
John63":1c6dw7ev said:
knownone":1c6dw7ev said:
I don’t think there is any debate that Rodgers is better than Wilson. Rodgers has carried some average teams to the NFC championship game several times. Russ has yet to prove he can do that without help.

Hmm and whe did Rodgers do that. He has been to nfc champion ship game 6 times. Every time.he had either a top 10 defense and or top 10 run game. Not so avg huh. And in half he had both. Interesting thing the only time.he won an SB he has top 5 defense and run game.

Hmm all we need to make your statement id.for Rodgers to do it with an avg team has not happened yet.

When is the last time Wilson made the NFC Championship game? Hawks haven't gotten past the Divisional round since the SB Int embarrassment which this team hasn't recovered from. How many consecutive divisional playoff losses in a row coupled with missing the playoffs and going out in the wild card this past season.

Not the point but I understand the need to change the subject the statement was Rodgers got to NFC Champ with mediocre teams, that is false.

John63

Reaction score
hawksfansince90":1j1dz7ca said:
John63":1j1dz7ca said:

again the point was said that Rodgers does not have the baggage that some think Wilson does., This again is false.

But again I understand your need to deflect.

John63

Reaction score
ducks41468":2lyz6700 said:
Yeah that's an easy yes, even as a fan of Wilson. Even at his age Rodgers could still get you a SB or two with this roster.

really he has had several rosters as good or better and still no SB plus he would be in PCs system

John63

Reaction score
A_Biased_Fan":324jfnro said:
I would honestly say no. Rodgers is going to be 38 this year and he's always played with dominant offensive lines. There is no guarantee he would be as good with our offensive line. He's not nearly as nimble as he was 10 years ago.

exactly but keep in mind there is some here who would take the #3 Qb form a high school team over Wilson, This has little to do with football and more to do with dislike

flv

Reaction score
Pete Carroll and Aaron Rodgers? Oh boy! Good luck to the OC stuck between those two.

jammerhawk

Reaction score
Oi Vey!!!

Such a thread, such complete rubbish. It’d be a trade which would financially screw the cap for both teams.

The league collectively would be rolling on the floor laughing their asses off at the collective stupidity of both teams.

My answer is absolutely not.

toffee

Reaction score
Pete Carroll might just be the perfect coach for Rodgers right now, if Pete could put together a functional running in Carson , penny plus a Robinson like full back, running could take a lot of pressure off an aging Rodgers. And Pete seems to get along with head cases.

But Russ is younger so no to straight swap. It would have to be with picks.

Sent from my IN2017 using Tapatalk

misfit

Reaction score
Rodgers about to retire and go play Jeopardy so this dont really matter ;)

John63

Reaction score
Thjis thread just shows the hypocrisy and hat eont thisboard for Wilson

argument 1 Rodgers wen tot NFC Champ with avg teams. Guess what False
Argument 2 Rodgers has less baggage again FALSE
Argument 3 Ciara and Wilson got to much going on. yeah getting people to get the vaccine, giving money for kids for food, to keep schools open etc its called giving back to the community. Guess what there is nothing showing Rodgers doing any of that. Add in Rodgers does more commercials than Wilson oh and he is now with Shaleen whatever do you think she wants to live in GB? NOT
Argument for against Wilson cap hit. Guess what kids Wilson cap hit is 5 mill less than Rodgers in 2021

Lost of out-and-out false statements and hypocritical statements

Sgt. Largent

Reaction score
John63":2ypgo5nj said:
Thjis thread just shows the hypocrisy and hat eont thisboard for Wilson

argument 1 Rodgers wen tot NFC Champ with avg teams. Guess what False
Argument 2 Rodgers has less baggage again FALSE
Argument 3 Ciara and Wilson got to much going on. yeah getting people to get the vaccine, giving money for kids for food, to keep schools open etc its called giving back to the community. Guess what there is nothing showing Rodgers doing any of that. Add in Rodgers does more commercials than Wilson oh and he is now with Shaleen whatever do you think she wants to live in GB? NOT
Argument for against Wilson cap hit. Guess what kids Wilson cap hit is 5 mill less than Rodgers in 2021

Lost of out-and-out false statements and hypocritical statements

I don't believe any of this, I just think Rodgers is a more complete QB than Russell.

So all things being equal if they were the same age and contracts were the same? I'd take Rodgers over Russell. But they're not, so I wouldn't make this trade.

4-5 years is WAY too much age to give up on that many years more with an elite QB.