Aaron Rodgers has Covid.

cymatica

Reaction score
SoulfishHawk":2ckzepwa said:
Again, the league has a right to set their rules for the vaxed and unvaxxed players. Rodgers decided that he gets to do things HIS way.

His way was based on how his body would react to the vaccines. The league and the team knew about his treatment.

cymatica

Reaction score
hgwellz12":r5vq62nn said:
SantaClaraHawk":r5vq62nn said:
[youtube]K3jM13A7OEw[/youtube]

He's playing to a "base". Cute. :roll:

It doesn't get more twattier than Erin Rodgers. And Cam Newton is still alive so that's saying something. :34853_doh:

If that is your take after listening to the interview, then you are a sad pathetic human being. His reason for not taking the jab is very logical and the only ones who are not using their brains are the mindless twats who are joining the group think mob and shaming him for his personal medical choice. This crap is out of countrol with some of you

cymatica

Reaction score
SoulfishHawk":2rwqd62o said:
Yeah right. Whatever you need to tell yourself.

Lol, are you serious? Take a look in the mirror. His interview explains it clearly. The only ones needing to tell themselves anything are the people disregarding the facts in place of their cult narrative

SoulfishHawk

Reaction score
The league has a right to set rules for Unvaxxed players. He flat out chose to break them.
What part of that don't you understand?

cymatica

Reaction score
SoulfishHawk":1tltb9ce said:
The league has a right to set rules for Unvaxxed players. He flat out chose to break them.

Different rules for people who decide not to take a leaky vaccine is ridiculous. Makes zero sense. It's more of a therapeutic than a vaccine, since it only apparently lessens the severity of infection. Vaccinated can still spread it and contract it, while natural immunity offers more long term protection.

Having different rules makes zero sense except for trying to make examples of people and force compliance. Why anyone would even trust a company like Pfizer, with their history, is perplexing in itself

Maybe you should try using your brain instead of blindly following the herd. Instead you would rather ridicule someone who actually put some thought and research into this nonsense. You're such a hero.

VA49er

Reaction score
SoulfishHawk":5pxn81hi said:

Vaxed, unvaxed, same viral load same spread rate.

Testing is the key. Unvaxed NFL players tested daily.
Vaxed test every two weeks. So a Vaxed player could conceivable go weeks spreading covid before they test positive.

This really has become a pandemic of the vaxed. Vaxed people are basically allowed to come and go as they please. Why? They spread at the same rate, just not checked.

Science right?

You have to wear a mask on the plane but you can take it off to eat. Science right?

cymatica

Reaction score
VA49er":gku7p7ll said:
SoulfishHawk":gku7p7ll said:

Vaxed, unvaxed, same viral load same spread rate.

Testing is the key. Unvaxed NFL players tested daily.
Vaxed test every two weeks. So a Vaxed player could conceivable go weeks spreading covid before they test positive.

This really has become a pandemic of the vaxed. Vaxed people are basically allowed to come and go as they please. Why? They spread at the same rate, just not checked.

Science right?

You have to wear a mask on the plane but you can take it off to eat. Science right?

It's about shaming people into compliance, science be damned. People who question mass vaccination or don't get jabbed for valid reasons are ridiculed, called anti-vaxxers and anti-science, and now being forced out of society.

Saw this coming as soon as the first lockdowns started in 2020. I even remember telling people to get ready for vaccine mandates while being laughed at. Not hard to predict if you pay any attention to reality.

RiverDog

Reaction score
cymatica":1q12ul0m said:
I even remember telling people to get ready for vaccine mandates while being laughed at. Not hard to predict if you pay any attention to reality.

It's not too hard to predict if you paid attention to anything. Vaccine mandates have been with us for over a century, and the Supreme Court long ago has ruled that they are Constitutional. Hell, the military mandated an anthrax vaccine that hadn't even been approved by the FDA.

But it's only been in the last year that people started arguing that it was within their rights to refuse one.

PackerNation

Reaction score
Vaxxed - You can still carry the virus and pass it on to others.
UnVaxxed - You can still carry the virus and pass it on to others.

cymatica

Reaction score
RiverDog":2yxxsica said:
cymatica":2yxxsica said:
I even remember telling people to get ready for vaccine mandates while being laughed at. Not hard to predict if you pay any attention to reality.

It's not too hard to predict if you paid attention to anything. Vaccine mandates have been with us for over a century, and the Supreme Court long ago has ruled that they are Constitutional. Hell, the military mandated an anthrax vaccine that hadn't even been approved by the FDA.

But it's only been in the last year that people started arguing that it was within their rights to refuse one.

No they have not. Please tell me when we had mandates on citizens going to work. Please tell me when a vaccine passport was required to enter a business. If you are comparing anthrax to covid, then you really are clueless.

In 1877 the supreme court ruled in favor of segregation. The supreme court is 1 branch of government and often gets it wrong regarding the constitution, often they interpret it how it benefits them politically at the time

RiverDog

Reaction score
cymatica":etavgqe2 said:
RiverDog":etavgqe2 said:
cymatica":etavgqe2 said:

No they have not. Please tell me when we had mandates on citizens going to work. Please tell me when a vaccine passport was required to enter a business. If you are comparing anthrax to covid, then you really are clueless.

In 1877 the supreme court ruled in favor of segregation. The supreme court is 1 branch of government and often gets it wrong regarding the constitution, often they interpret it how it benefits them politically at the time

Here ya go!

In Jacobson v. Massachusetts (1905), the Supreme Court upheld a state’s mandatory compulsory smallpox vaccination law over the challenge of a pastor who alleged that it violated his religious liberty rights.

Pastor Henning Jacobson contended that he had a right under the Free Exercise Clause of the First Amendment to avoid the mandatory vaccination law.

The U.S. Supreme Court, in an opinion by Justice John Marshall Harlan I, ruled that the state of Massachusetts acted constitutionally within its police powers to pass a law to protect the health and safety of the public.

“According to settled principles, the police power of a State must be held to embrace, at least, such reasonable regulations established directly by legislative enactment as will protect the public health and the public safety,” Harlan wrote.

Jacobson argued that the smallpox vaccination law not only infringed on his religious liberty but also was arbitrary and capricious. The Court disagreed, writing that Jacobson’s individual right must give way to the “common good.”

Harlan explained: “But the liberty secured by the Constitution of the United States to every person within its jurisdiction does not import an absolute right in each person to be, at all times and in all circumstances, wholly freed from restraint. There are manifold restraints to which every person is necessarily subject for the common good.”

The Court emphasized that government officials were acting out of necessity as smallpox was “prevalent and increasing at Cambridge.” This emergency situation justified the government official’s action in making the smallpox vaccination mandatory.

https://mtsu.edu/first-amendment/articl ... sachusetts

Marvin49

Reaction score
PackerNation":3tcv2h44 said:

Well that's rather disingenuous.

True: Recent research shows that Vaccinated and Unvaccinated people can carry similar viral loads.

Also True: The study is among THE INFECTED, both symptomatic and asymptomatic. IE, the vaccine prevents a large % of people getting infected to begin with, thereby decreasing the risk of spread.

IE, if you have 100 Vaccinated vs 100 Unvaccinated who are all subjected to the virus and 90% of Unvaccinated get it vs 10% of Vaccinated getting it...

Vaccinated: 10 People with the passable virus.
Unvaccinated: 90 people with the passable virus.

They would all have the same viral load, but far fewer of them came from the vaccinated group. IE, a pandemic of the unvaccinated.

I really don't understand why this is political or why people try so hard to make the vaccine a bad thing. This should be a no brainer.

Our children have had to get vaccinated against all sorts of things for decades.

RiverDog

Reaction score
In addition, this current Supreme Court has let stand vaccine mandates for colleges and universities with exceptions made for genuinely held religious beliefs:

The US Supreme Court on Thursday denied an application for an emergency writ of injunction against Indiana University’s COVID-19 vaccine mandate, upholding the rulings of the two lower courts.

Justice Amy Coney Barrett denied the application without seeking response from the university or the state and without referring it for a vote to the full Court.

The plaintiffs argued that because Indiana University’s vaccination mandate encroaches on constitutional rights to bodily autonomy and integrity, it should be subjected to heightened judicial scrutiny and Indiana University should have to prove that its mandate is justified.

It's not even worth the full court's time to consider it:

The lack of referral to the full court and not seeking a response from the university on the emergency injunction application is seen by legal commentators as a sign that the Court does not consider this a “particularly close case.”

https://www.jurist.org/news/2021/08/sup ... e-mandate/

RiverDog

Reaction score
Marvin49":2hl56iw1 said:
PackerNation":2hl56iw1 said:

True: Recent research shows that Vaccinated and Unvaccinated people can carry similar viral loads.

Also True: The study is among THE INFECTED, both symptomatic and asymptomatic. IE, the virus prevents a large % of people getting infected to begin with, thereby decreasing the risk of spread.

IE, if you have 100 Vaccinated vs 100 Unvaccinated who are all subjected to the virus and 90% of Unvaccinated get it vs 10% of Vaccinated getting it...

They would all have the same viral load, but far fewer of them came from the vaccinated group. IE, a pandemic of the unvaccinated.

I really don't understand why this is political or why people try so hard to make the vaccine a bad thing. This should be a no brainer.

Our children have had to get vaccinated against all sorts of things for decades.

Yup. I was born in 1954 and I had to be vaccinated against polio, measles, and several other diseases if I wanted to attend public schools, and to my knowledge, there were no exceptions made for religious beliefs.

I'm not sure where these anti vaxxers come up with their idea that a vaccine mandate is against their rights. There is nothing in the Constitution that even remotely suggests that we have a right to refuse a valid government mandate. Yet I see more people getting their briefs in a wad over this than I ever saw about seat belt and motorcycle helmet laws where the only person at risk of injury is the individual.

PackerNation

Reaction score
Marvin49":3w0c06x1 said:
PackerNation":3w0c06x1 said:

Also True: The study is among THE INFECTED, both symptomatic and asymptomatic. IE, the vaccine prevents a large % of people getting infected to begin with, thereby decreasing the risk of spread.

I don't think getting vaccinated is a bad thing at all. I happen to be vaccinated. I got vaccinated by my own choice. It's political because one side is jamming it down everyone's throat.

IMO, it should be a personal choice. It seems to me that the vaccination is weaponized depending on who is in office.

Regardless, the fact remain that both the vaccinated and the unvaccinated can carry and pass along the virus. I still cannot believe that we as Americans are not turning on China for releasing this on the world.

RiverDog

Reaction score
PackerNation":x2omw0ce said:
I don't think getting vaccinated is a bad thing at all. I happen to be vaccinated. I got vaccinated by my own choice. It's political because one side is jamming it down everyone's throat.

IMO, it should be a personal choice. It seems to me that the vaccination is weaponized depending on who is in office.

Regardless, the fact remain that both the vaccinated and the unvaccinated can carry and pass along the virus. I still cannot believe that we as Americans are not turning on China for releasing this on the world.

If you feel that strongly about mandating vaccines, then write your Congressman/Senator and ask them to propose an amendment to the Constitution because there's nothing in there that prohibits the government from instituting such mandates or adapting other safety measures like mask wearing.

What I don't understand is why all of a sudden mandatory vaccinations are an issue. We've had them for over a century and except for a tiny minority of Christian scientists it was never a major problem until these past couple of years. There are more safety precautions and more rigorous testing associated with the 3 approved vaccines than there ever has been before. What's different about this one?

Agreed about China. They behaved badly, were not open about it and to this day have not been cooperative. We'll never know how it originated. But there's other villains besides the Chinese. Our own government was slow to react, could have started testing for it weeks ahead of when we did but we had to have our own test vs. the WHO's.

Marvin49

Reaction score
PackerNation":1t0266cu said:
Marvin49":1t0266cu said:
PackerNation":1t0266cu said:

That's just BS.

At no point or at any time did anyone say that the vaccinated couldn't get or pass along the virus. Its a matter of preventing as many people as possible from getting the virus to begin with which the vaccine prevents. If less people are infected then less people can pass on the virus.

As for one "side" jamming it down everyone's throat's...that's some revisionist history there. Vaccines have been with us for a century. They are mandated for school children. This wasn't an issue. The other "side" of this argument simply chooses to ignore science or cherry pick facts (like for example saying both the vaccinated or unvaccinated can get sick and pass it as if they are on equal footing when you KNOW that's not the case).

The left is NOT weaponizing vaccines. That's just ludicrous. They are trying to BEAT the damn thing and the only way to do that is a group effort. The Right has used this as some sort of "I'm a victim" rallying cry to paint common sense as draconian measures.

Personal freedoms extend right to the point where they infringe on others. Do you have the right to murder? Do you have the right to run a red light? The government restricts personal freedoms all the time. People only care NOW because its a big fat red herring for them to salivate over.