Aaron Rodgers has Covid.

therealjohncarlson

Reaction score
chris98251":1gliw5f4 said:
Threedee":1gliw5f4 said:
Sports Hernia":1gliw5f4 said:
MyrtleHawk":1gliw5f4 said:
Sports Hernia, on a civil level I don't understand why people say things like this.

I didn't watch the video yet and I don't know who Russia Ron is, but to completely alienate anyone's points just because they are a certain person seems like a dismissive copout. When I usually hear things like that, my knee-jerk response is almost always "Okay, but are they wrong on this topic and can you prove them wrong?" if I feel they actually have valid points, regardless of who they are.

To completely dismiss anyone despite their valid points just because of your view on them is one of the bigger reasons why civil conversations for better outcomes seem more and more sparse each day.

Not trying to change your opinion, mindset, or background. Not even trying to attack you personally. Just saying.
He is a scum of the earth politician. A total POS.
Just sayin’! If you choose to be mislead by him or that other scumbag Joe Rogan that’s on you.

If my posts hurt your sensibilities and you don’t like the way I post , or what I post, you can use the “foe” feature, it works well. Have a nice day. :)

It's amazing that you can live your whole life in this country and push so hard against individual liberty.

It's amazing that without a country you have no individual liberty, the Pandemic and Mandates and Vaccines is about something bigger then you, bigger then the Country really it's about the world, then country, then individuals.

But hey make a world problem all about you.

As soon as people start banging the "it's about the collective" drum..and say because of that they deserve to infringe on your rights you should begin to ask about a million questions. For centuries didnt the US stand for individual liberty over the "collective good" Principles shouldnt be dropped because of tough times.. thats how you screw up a country.

chris98251

Reaction score
therealjohncarlson":3ijkd9n6 said:
chris98251":3ijkd9n6 said:
Threedee":3ijkd9n6 said:
Sports Hernia":3ijkd9n6 said:
Just sayin’! If you choose to be mislead by him or that other scumbag Joe Rogan that’s on you.

If my posts hurt your sensibilities and you don’t like the way I post , or what I post, you can use the “foe” feature, it works well. Have a nice day. :)

It's amazing that you can live your whole life in this country and push so hard against individual liberty.

It's amazing that without a country you have no individual liberty, the Pandemic and Mandates and Vaccines is about something bigger then you, bigger then the Country really it's about the world, then country, then individuals.

As soon as people start banging the "it's about the collective" drum..and say because of that they deserve to infringe on your rights you should begin to ask about a million questions. For centuries didnt the US stand for individual liberty over the "collective good" Principles shouldnt be dropped because of tough times.. thats how you screw up a country.

So my wants trump your wants, I can take your home, food and car because I have more firepower, caught you off guard and you were not paying attention, yes there are laws that say I shouldn't but guess what what nobody knows can't hurt me, and trust me nobody would know since everyone around me thinks like I do and we will split the spoils.

That's what we have in essence, but I also want to reserve the right to use the things people that think different have that I can't take, well take yet.

Sports Hernia

Reaction score
Threedee":3oemy64f said:
Sports Hernia":3oemy64f said:
Threedee":3oemy64f said:
Sports Hernia":3oemy64f said:

Oh boy, another “victim”. :roll:

Dealing with petty tyrants is not victimhood, unless you consider John Adams a victim.
Oh brother. :34853_doh:

So did you go to kindergarten? Serious question.
We’re you in the military? I’ll show you what I’m leading to once you answer those questions.

fenderbender123

Reaction score
Sports Hernia":3i7bkgv6 said:
MyrtleHawk":3i7bkgv6 said:
Sports Hernia":3i7bkgv6 said:
VA49er":3i7bkgv6 said:
LOL, a video featuring “Russia Ron”. You can’t be serious? What a hoot!

Sports Hernia, on a civil level I don't understand why people say things like this.

I didn't watch the video yet and I don't know who Russia Ron is, but to completely alienate anyone's points just because they are a certain person seems like a dismissive copout. When I usually hear things like that, my knee-jerk response is almost always "Okay, but are they wrong on this topic and can you prove them wrong?" if I feel they actually have valid points, regardless of who they are.

To completely dismiss anyone despite their valid points just because of your view on them is one of the bigger reasons why civil conversations for better outcomes seem more and more sparse each day.

Not trying to change your opinion, mindset, or background. Not even trying to attack you personally. Just saying.

Since when is Joe Rogan a scumbag? I listen to a lot of his podcasts, and i definitely don't worship him or agree with him on everything, but he's never done anything bad to anyone. And he doesn't lie or spread misinformation either. I've seen the media and "fact-checkers" lie and spread misinformation about him, though.

RiverDog

Reaction score
fenderbender123":lfoxh6wi said:
Since when is Joe Rogan a scumbag? I listen to a lot of his podcasts, and i definitely don't worship him or agree with him on everything, but he's never done anything bad to anyone. And he doesn't lie or spread misinformation either. I've seen the media and "fact-checkers" lie and spread misinformation about him, though.

I agree. Rogan is not a person that I'd call a scumbag, a term I reserve for criminals and other unscrupulous characters.

But he is a true nutcase that thinks he knows more about medicine than doctors that have been studying the subject for a lifetime and I'm truly astounded that Rodgers would dismiss what nearly every MD says about the Covid vaccines in lieu of a recommendation advocated by a stand-up comedian/podcast host.

fenderbender123

Reaction score
RiverDog":1coll975 said:
fenderbender123":1coll975 said:

I agree. Rogan is not a person that I'd call a scumbag, a term I reserve for criminals and other unscrupulous characters.

But he is a true nutcase that thinks he knows more about medicine than doctors that have been studying the subject for a lifetime and I'm truly astounded that Rodgers would dismiss what nearly every MD says about the Covid vaccines in lieu of a recommendation advocated by a stand-up comedian/podcast host.

I feel that he hasn't been dismissing the vaccines. He never criticizes anyone for getting it. He acknowledges that vaccines are helpful. Etc. And I've even heard him encourage people to get vaccinated.

The only reason people are criticizing him is because he himself did not get vaccinated.

RiverDog

Reaction score
fenderbender123":oygx10sw said:
I feel that he hasn't been dismissing the vaccines. He never criticizes anyone for getting it. He acknowledges that vaccines are helpful. Etc. And I've even heard him encourage people to get vaccinated.

The only reason people are criticizing him is because he himself did not get vaccinated.

Yes, he has been dismissing vaccines. He made the statement that young and healthy people should not be concerned about getting vaccinated, which drew the wrath of none other than Dr. Anthony Fauci. To his credit, Rogan walked back his comments. He's also wrapped himself around the drug intermectin, a drug used in de-worming animals of which there is no evidence of it being an effective treatment for Covid. His advocation of it likely contributed to a spike in hospitalization cases of poison incidents related to people using it to self treat themselves. The guy needs to stick with his day job and leave the issue to medical professionals.

So let's stop with the lionization of this man. I agree that he's not a scumbag, but he's a true nutcase.

fenderbender123

Reaction score
Saying a young person shouldn't worry about getting vaccinated is a perfectly fine, subjective, non fact-checkable opinion.

He also isn't advocating for people to take ivermectin, either. He simply stated his experience. He went to a doctor, a doctor prescribed him Ivermectin (for humans, not horses), etc. He isn't saying go out and take ivermectin. And many people, including people who write articles for the media, have flat-out lied or intentionally deceived people into thinking he took horse medication, when that is not what he said at all. He was prescribed a variation of ivermectin that is approved for humans. He simply relayed these facts to his listeners. How dare he?

RiverDog

Reaction score
fenderbender123":bzos9q55 said:
Saying a young person shouldn't worry about getting vaccinated is a perfectly fine, subjective, non fact-checkable opinion.

That should be left to a medical professional or infectious disease expert.

Rogan is not qualified to be speaking out on this subject and issuing recommendations. He's not a doctor, for crying out loud. He's one of a number of self appointed experts that are contributing to misinformation surrounding the vaccines.

fenderbender123

Reaction score
RiverDog":31pxwsnp said:
fenderbender123":31pxwsnp said:

That should be left to a medical professional or infectious disease expert.

Rogan is not qualified to be speaking out on this subject and issuing recommendations. He's not a doctor, for crying out loud. He's one of a number of self appointed experts that are contributing to misinformation surrounding the vaccines

He is only relaying facts as they occurred to him. And whether or not somebody should worry about something is not a medical or scientific thing. It is completely subjective. This is actually a good example of exactly what people are misunderstanding about "science". Science doesn't determine what people value. It doesn't determine what people should or shouldn't do. It is a process to help us understand objective truths. Saying a virus is dangerous and that people should get vaccinated is not objectivity. It's subjective.

RiverDog

Reaction score
fenderbender123":1lag141p said:
He is only relaying facts as they occurred to him. And whether or not somebody should worry about something is not a medical or scientific thing. It is completely subjective. This is actually a good example of exactly what people are misunderstanding about "science". Science doesn't determine what people value. It doesn't determine what people should or shouldn't do. It is a process to help us understand objective truths. Saying a virus is dangerous and that people should get vaccinated is not objectivity. It's subjective.

He most certainly recommended Ivermectin to Aaron Rodgers, so he's doing more than simply relaying facts as they occurred to him. And I disagree with your statement that a virus is dangerous and people should get vaccinated is subjective. It's a provable statement supported by known facts.

People like Rogan that are expressing their unqualified opinions are the root cause of the misinformation that's being spread across the internet and is contributing to vaccine hesitancy. Giving him a microphone is like giving a 5 year old a loaded gun.

Last week, CNN’s medical analyst Dr. Jonathan Reiner warned that what Rogan had done was dangerous.

‘He’s promoting, kind of a crazy jumble of, you know, sort of folk remedies and internet-prescribed drugs,’ Reiner said . ‘He should have more sense.’

Though used in horses and barn animals, people can use Ivermectin to combat parasites and skin diseases, but not COVID-19.

Large doses of this drug, however, can cause serious harm to humans if ingested, doctors warned.

Calls for Ivermectin poisoning saw a 163% increase to a total of 1,143 throughout the U.S. this year, according to the American Association of Poison Control Centers.

At the end of August, there were a total of 459 calls regarding Ivermectin to poison control centers.

The FDA had urged people to stay away from the drug in a tweet last month, writing, ‘You are not a horse. You are not a cow. Seriously, y’all. Stop it.’

https://www.tech-gate.org/usa/2021/09/0 ... -covid-19/

SoulfishHawk

Reaction score
Again, the league has a right to set their rules for the vaxed and unvaxxed players. Rodgers decided that he gets to do things HIS way.

fenderbender123

Reaction score
RiverDog":39lt0j42 said:
fenderbender123":39lt0j42 said:

He most certainly recommended Ivermectin to Aaron Rodgers, so he's doing more than simply relaying facts as they occurred to him. And I disagree with your statement that a virus is dangerous and people should get vaccinated is subjective. It's a provable statement supported by known facts.

People like Rogan that are expressing their unqualified opinions are the root cause of the misinformation that's being spread across the internet and is contributing to vaccine hesitancy. Giving him a microphone is like giving a 5 year old a loaded gun.

Last week, CNN’s medical analyst Dr. Jonathan Reiner warned that what Rogan had done was dangerous.

‘He’s promoting, kind of a crazy jumble of, you know, sort of folk remedies and internet-prescribed drugs,’ Reiner said . ‘He should have more sense.’

Though used in horses and barn animals, people can use Ivermectin to combat parasites and skin diseases, but not COVID-19.

Large doses of this drug, however, can cause serious harm to humans if ingested, doctors warned.

Calls for Ivermectin poisoning saw a 163% increase to a total of 1,143 throughout the U.S. this year, according to the American Association of Poison Control Centers.

At the end of August, there were a total of 459 calls regarding Ivermectin to poison control centers.

The FDA had urged people to stay away from the drug in a tweet last month, writing, ‘You are not a horse. You are not a cow. Seriously, y’all. Stop it.’

https://www.tech-gate.org/usa/2021/09/0 ... -covid-19/

I'm aware of how CNN likes to stir up controversy with cleverly worded articles.

And I guess we will just have to disagree on that being objective or subjective. A doctor can tell me that I have a 1% risk of dying from something if I don't have certain surgery. That's being objective. Telling me I should be worried if I don't get the surgery is up to me. And other people can chime in with their opinions on whether a 1% risk is worth worrying about, too, and their opinions wouldn't be any better or worse than a doctor's opinion of what I should worry about. A doctor should stick to the facts.

Economics is the subject that studies the concept of choice. Medicine is not.

fenderbender123

Reaction score
Also, we would need to know the entirety of Rodgers' conversation with Rogan. I'd bet that "consult your doctor" was said and likely repeated to him. And per Rodgers, he reached out to Joe Rogan personally, and sought his advice. I can't see how we can frame Rodgers as being some dumb, impressionable idiot that doesn't understand that he's seeking medical advice from somebody who isn't a doctor. He knows that. He isn't an idiot. So what can we say we know for sure what Rogan has done wrong?

RiverDog

Reaction score
fenderbender123":kmk8shz8 said:
So what can we say we know for sure what Rogan has done wrong?

We've talked about several. One is when he said that if you're young and healthy you shouldn't worry about getting vaccinated. Even Rogan admitted as much when he walked back those comments. The problem is that a lot of people heard his first statement but didn't hear his correction. He's contributing to vaccine hesitancy.

fenderbender123

Reaction score
A lot of people heard his first statement because the media ran a bunch of articles and "fact checks" (even though it's blatantly not a fact checkable statement, which is hilarious) slamming him for it. And then the media did not run nearly as many articles when he clarified his comments.

People who actually listen to the entirety of his podcasts instead of just soundbyte media know that at worse he is neutral on vaccines. Correlation does not equal causation, either. Rogan likely has listeners *because* there are people who don't want vaccines rammed down their throat. The audience influences the voice, not the other way around.

VA49er

Reaction score
fenderbender123":3mh9rzbx said:
A lot of people heard his first statement because the media ran a bunch of articles and "fact checks" (even though it's blatantly not a fact checkable statement, which is hilarious) slamming him for it. And then the media did not run nearly as many articles when he clarified his comments.

People who actually listen to the entirety of his podcasts instead of just soundbyte media know that at worse he is neutral on vaccines. Correlation does not equal causation, either. Rogan likely has listeners *because* there are people who don't want vaccines rammed down their throat. The audience influences the voice, not the other way around.

Take a look around the the country, there are thousands of people that are vaccinated protesting mandates. It's not about being anti vaccines it's about anti mandate. Even vaxed people realize what is at stake.

therealjohncarlson

Reaction score
chris98251":1iqxt3vq said:
therealjohncarlson":1iqxt3vq said:
chris98251":1iqxt3vq said:
Threedee":1iqxt3vq said:

So my wants trump your wants, I can take your home, food and car because I have more firepower, caught you off guard and you were not paying attention, yes there are laws that say I shouldn't but guess what what nobody knows can't hurt me, and trust me nobody would know since everyone around me thinks like I do and we will split the spoils.

That's what we have in essence, but I also want to reserve the right to use the things people that think different have that I can't take, well take yet.

Using overt force against someone is not the same..cmon you know that. Anyone who argues that it is the same or very similar should worry everyone else.. because if we take the former's logic to the extreme they should be in favor of mass force vaccination of the public. Are you in favor of that?