BRADY/PATS PUNISHMENT OVER TURNED BY JUDGE. (Updated 9/3/15)

TAB420

Reaction score
And they have to play with a regulation football for the first time since 2006. It will be interesting to see if Brady returns to his pre-deflated passer rating (before 2007) of 88, or if he can sustain his 102 passer rating that he magically "inflated" up to beginning in 2007. Oh, and those fumble numbers ought to come back up to the rest of the league rate as well.

Four games and a million bucks for seven years of cheating! Hardly a slap on the wrist. The league is losing me quickly. If I can't count on an even playing field then why am I watching? To see who cheats the best?

Trivia question: Which is the higher QB rating, Tom Brady's six years as a starter prior to 2007 or Alex Smith's career? Ding, ding, ding...Alex Smith by a comfortable margin. Remember, Tom Brady was above average on a really good team until something very profound happened in 2007 which caused him to become stastically great. That year his passer rating jumped from 87 to 117. Hmmm, and the Patriots suddenly stopped fumbling that year as well.

Tom Brady 2001-2007 = 88 rating
Tom Brady 2007-present = 102 rating
Alex Smith Career = 93 rating[/quote]

He had a pretty good passer rating this February!!!! Just Sayin'

I kinda think the Patriots will be fine. They have been the best franchise this league has ever seen.[/quote]

Your "just saying" at the end of your post makes you sound like you've been eating retard sandwiches all day.[/quote]

I can see the subject is still a little tough for you.

Brady is not a cheater and this will all be cleared up once a competent investigation is conducted...it may take him suing the league, but it will happen. Brady is too competitive to roll over and take it.[/quote]

It's like listening to a Jim Jones or Manson follower.

Cyrus12

Reaction score
I have a bad feeling this will be overturned...why?...because its the pats and their pretty white boy qb all American success story bullshit...Another asterisk by another Pats sb win...no HOF for Brady...IMO he should be suspended for the year.

NWPatsFan

Reaction score
RolandDeschain":1r8yv0c5 said:
NWPatsFan":1r8yv0c5 said:
RolandDeschain":1r8yv0c5 said:
The text messages alone nearly guarantee that Brady knew about it. Just stop, NWPatsFan. This is absurd.
Which ones specifically? Let's seriously debate this as mature adults. I am willing to hear you out if you are willing to listen to me.
Alright, and I'm being completely serious when I say this, but it all comes down to how obtuse you want to be.

You think a couple of organizational nobodies by comparison are going to under-inflate the footballs of one of the two or three most important players in the National Football League for years without his knowledge or approval?

Is this what you're telling me? Do you believe that a couple of secretaries orchestrated the Enron scandal, too? Hey, maybe the administrative assistant to the CEO of a company like Coca-Cola or McDonald's is cheating that CEO's taxes without their knowledge, too.

Something like this does not happen without the knowledge of someone that important to an organization. It just doesn't. Rich, important people get everything they want done exactly how they want it. It's one of the perks of being rich and famous. It's pathetically ludicrous to believe that Brady's some unknowing victim about this.

I get it. I understand WHY you think I am not seeing this correctly, but what specific texts are you referring to? I am not sure what texts are so damning in your mind.

NWPatsFan

Reaction score
Cyrus12":255lrn4u said:
I have a bad feeling this will be overturned...why?...because its the pats and their pretty white boy qb all American success story bullshit...Another asterisk by another Pats sb win...no HOF for Brady...IMO he should be suspended for the year.

What is your gripe about specifically?

NWPatsFan

Reaction score
NWPatsFan":6i5w4rlj said:
RolandDeschain":6i5w4rlj said:
NWPatsFan":6i5w4rlj said:
RolandDeschain":6i5w4rlj said:
The text messages alone nearly guarantee that Brady knew about it. Just stop, NWPatsFan. This is absurd.
Which ones specifically? Let's seriously debate this as mature adults. I am willing to hear you out if you are willing to listen to me.
Alright, and I'm being completely serious when I say this, but it all comes down to how obtuse you want to be.

You think a couple of organizational nobodies by comparison are going to under-inflate the footballs of one of the two or three most important players in the National Football League for years without his knowledge or approval?

Is this what you're telling me? Do you believe that a couple of secretaries orchestrated the Enron scandal, too? Hey, maybe the administrative assistant to the CEO of a company like Coca-Cola or McDonald's is cheating that CEO's taxes without their knowledge, too.

Something like this does not happen without the knowledge of someone that important to an organization. It just doesn't. Rich, important people get everything they want done exactly how they want it. It's one of the perks of being rich and famous. It's pathetically ludicrous to believe that Brady's some unknowing victim about this.

I get it. I understand WHY you think I am not seeing this correctly, but what specific texts are you referring to? I am not sure what texts are so damning in your mind.

The problem is that I totally disagree with the logic presented in the report. I don't think the balls were ever deflated below the allowable range.

RolandDeschain

Reaction score
NWPatsFan":250uc7fs said:
Explain to me why it would induce a lot of stress to inflate some footballs within the rules, and why "he" (Brady) would think it to be stressful.

Wells Report":250uc7fs said:
Jastremski: Talked to him last night. He actually brought you up and
said you must have a lot of stress trying to get them done...

pmedic920

Reaction score
NWPatsFan":2ixu9g99 said:
Your hate is delicious. I wish you had a better comeback to my reference to the passer rating comment. The game in the AFCCG was 14-7 at halftime...Patriots won...pretty convincingly once the Refs tampered with the balls. And it just continued into the SB. Brady will be fine and not even miss a game this whole investigation will get exposed by a neutral arbitrator. Life is good in the off season when your team has just won the SB with an amazing interception to seal the deal.
fa6f479c37158608c882fa0ec6c909e3.jpg

Hawkpower

Reaction score
NWPatsFan":2nir78ti said:
Hawkpower":2nir78ti said:
And they have to play with a regulation football for the first time since 2006. It will be interesting to see if Brady returns to his pre-deflated passer rating (before 2007) of 88, or if he can sustain his 102 passer rating that he magically "inflated" up to beginning in 2007. Oh, and those fumble numbers ought to come back up to the rest of the league rate as well.

Four games and a million bucks for seven years of cheating! Hardly a slap on the wrist. The league is losing me quickly. If I can't count on an even playing field then why am I watching? To see who cheats the best?

Trivia question: Which is the higher QB rating, Tom Brady's six years as a starter prior to 2007 or Alex Smith's career? Ding, ding, ding...Alex Smith by a comfortable margin. Remember, Tom Brady was above average on a really good team until something very profound happened in 2007 which caused him to become stastically great. That year his passer rating jumped from 87 to 117. Hmmm, and the Patriots suddenly stopped fumbling that year as well.

Alex Smith Career = 93 rating

I kinda think the Patriots will be fine. They have been the best franchise this league has ever seen.*

FIFY[/quote]

Your hate is delicious. I wish you had a better comeback to my reference to the passer rating comment. The game in the AFCCG was 14-7 at halftime...Patriots won...pretty convincingly once the Refs tampered with the balls. And it just continued into the SB. Brady will be fine and not even miss a game this whole investigation will get exposed by a neutral arbitrator. Life is good in the off season when your team has just won the SB with an amazing interception to seal the deal.[/quote]

So what happened to Brady's fumble rate in 2007 and henceforth?

Must be magic.

delicious hate indeed.[/quote]

Just because he improved doesn't mean he did anything illegal. Have you ever improved from doing something more throughout your life? And yes it coincided with the new rule, that was the intent (stop acting like you don't understand why it would help all QB's. The intent of the rule change was to allow all QB's to have the ball set to the specifications that they liked (within the rule there is a range 12.5-13.5). Brady improved a lot mostly because Belichick went out and got the greatest WR (Moss) I have ever seen in a Patriot uniform and the best slot reciever of all time. Of course his number will increase. He learned how to get rid of the ball quickly and make precise passes (you may have noticed a record setting amount of those during the SB). You are really not being honest with your info. There is still no eveidence of the Pats playing with illegal balls. The ideal gas law is the only reason the balls were low and that is legal according to the report.[/quote]

That's quite a dramatic coincidental improvement you would like us to believe in.

Interesting that no one else benefitted nearly as much as golden boy. Wonder why his "improvement" was so much more dramatic than the rest of the league?

So much to ponder.

You must be tired from running around to every teams message board to defend golden boy. He is being mocked everywhere I can see. Feel free to take a break as needed, you are going to wear yourself out.

Sports Hernia

Reaction score
pmedic920":14eoeqtb said:
NWPatsFan":14eoeqtb said:
Your hate is delicious. I wish you had a better comeback to my reference to the passer rating comment. The game in the AFCCG was 14-7 at halftime...Patriots won...pretty convincingly once the Refs tampered with the balls. And it just continued into the SB. Brady will be fine and not even miss a game this whole investigation will get exposed by a neutral arbitrator. Life is good in the off season when your team has just won the SB with an amazing interception to seal the deal.
fa6f479c37158608c882fa0ec6c909e3.jpg
THIS! :th2thumbs:

sutz

Reaction score
Rule 39- There is no such thing as coincidence

Leroy Jethro Gibbs

See? Proof. :rofl:

Laloosh

Reaction score
RolandDeschain":2l6bzrjm said:
NWPatsFan":2l6bzrjm said:
Explain to me why it would induce a lot of stress to inflate some footballs within the rules, and why "he" (Brady) would think it to be stressful.

Wells Report":2l6bzrjm said:
Jastremski: Talked to him last night. He actually brought you up and
said you must have a lot of stress trying to get them done...
I read that as prepping the balls in general. What stuck out to me were the "deflator" comment and joking about going to espn about what he was being asked to do.

Patriots homers can argue the gray area until they're blue in the face. Common sense won out here and they refuse to acknowledge it, period.

Was a good, competitive SB so I won't say that the cheating had any tangible impact on that game but Brady is forever a Lance Armstrong clone in my mind now. He lied when faced with the opportunity to come clean and in so doing, will be regarded as a really good quarterback who happens to be a shitty human being by many who respected him regardless of fandom.

In NE he's still a hero. Anywhere but NE, he's a punchline now. Enjoy.

chris98251

Reaction score
NWPatsFan

Fact Brady and the Patriots found Guilty by the Wells report, that was supported by the league or they would not have levied the fines and the suspension along with loss of draft picks, also found guilty by the Players union as Vincent was involved as well.

GUILTY !

GUILTY !

GUILTY !

It's done, any appeal doesn't change any of the verdicts, Cheaters, and unsportsmanlike is how the Patriots win, they have been doing it for years, the fans know it, the players know it, former Patriot players also believe that it's the case. You will be always remembered as team that cheats to win, Brady a Liar and a Cheat.

You can run and hide under your blanket, leave the light on and shut the closet door, but you can't hide from the Monster under the bed, Tom Brady!

TwilightError

Reaction score
The severity of the punishment is ridiculous.. Deflated balls... Come on.

And it does nothing for the supposed victims, the Colts.

original poster

Reaction score
NWPatsFan comes across extremely deluded in his posts. It's very amusing.

Quick NWPF, someone replied on the Raiders forum, RUN, RUN! Go and defend your cheating QB.

McG

Reaction score
Every post, tweet, msg, etc. I read from a Pats fan comes across in my head as "drunken Peter Griffin voice" comment.

Sometimes you have to get on their level, and by their level I mean somewhere around a 8th-11th grade education.

It must be "freakin' sweet" to be delusional. :thirishdrinkers: Have another one.

Scottemojo

Reaction score
Brady* was not hit with a 4 game suspension because of cheating, not primarily.

He, and the Patriots, were penalized for failing to cooperate, IMO. They tried to stonewall the investigation. You can bet your bottom dollar that is the explanation that will be given to the other 31 clubs.

So arguments from Pats fans trying to explain away cheating are moot. And there is no good explanation for a lack of cooperation.

vonstout

Reaction score
NWPatsFan":39gz61nm said:
SoCalSeahawk":39gz61nm said:
12thbrah":39gz61nm said:
This doesn't remove the stink off SB49 but so glad the Pats win is tainted. Wish it worked like college and they could make the team vacate the championship.

Deck is stacked against the Pats now repeating as champions. No Revis no Brady for 4 games. Every team in their division improved.

Alex Smith Career = 93 rating

I kinda think the Patriots will be fine. They have been the best franchise this league has ever seen.

He wasn't playing in bad weather in the AFCCG or the super bowl. Let's see how the turnover rates are in bad weather games this year and compare them to the past 7 years. If they go back to league average levels, your legacy is gone.

vonstout

Reaction score
Just because he improved doesn't mean he did anything illegal. Have you ever improved from doing something more throughout your life? And yes it coincided with the new rule, that was the intent (stop acting like you don't understand why it would help all QB's. The intent of the rule change was to allow all QB's to have the ball set to the specifications that they liked (within the rule there is a range 12.5-13.5). Brady improved a lot mostly because Belichick went out and got the greatest WR (Moss) I have ever seen in a Patriot uniform and the best slot reciever of all time. Of course his number will increase. He learned how to get rid of the ball quickly and make precise passes (you may have noticed a record setting amount of those during the SB). You are really not being honest with your info. There is still no eveidence of the Pats playing with illegal balls. The ideal gas law is the only reason the balls were low and that is legal according to the report.[/quote]

No. The ideal gas law didn't correlate to the pressure drop in the Pat's balls. That's the whole point.