OP
OP
SNDavidson

SNDavidson

Reaction score
JayhawkMike":2vpjam8z said:
SNDavidson":2vpjam8z said:
seabowl":2vpjam8z said:
When CK is 80 will people still be suggesting he play QB? Absolutely absurd.

I guess maybe all I'm saying is I would definitely not use the word "absurd". It's not "absolutely absurd" unless you're biased.

Here's a more recent article:

https://www.cbsnews.com/news/colin-kaep ... -training/

"I am still up at 5 a.m. training five, six days a week making sure I'm prepared to take a team to a Super Bowl again," Kaepernick told the publication. "That's not something I will ever let go of, regardless of the actions of 32 teams and their partners to deny me employment. The same way I was persistent in high school is the same way I'm gonna be persistent here."

Kaepernick, 33, hasn't played in a professional football game since 2016 after leading the kneeling protests during the national anthem to bring attention to police brutality and racial injustice.

I don’t respond to these threads because they are just a trap. If you disagree for any reason you are a racist. See bolded part by OP. Kaep is a d*ck that skipped a special treatment NFL sponsored workout for the idiot. He didn’t show up. Once and always a loser at both in the NFL and in Life.

I would not mind bringing in Cam though he is certainly not a long term solution.

I didn't mean racially biased

Sports Hernia

Reaction score
Strictly speaking football wise why would you bring in a 35 year old that hasn’t played NFL football in over half a decade?
The most dangerous part of his game were his legs, and the legs are the first thing to go. I could see it if he played in the league last year, but now, no thanks.

Maelstrom787

Reaction score
JayhawkMike":3q2k62u9 said:
SNDavidson":3q2k62u9 said:
seabowl":3q2k62u9 said:
When CK is 80 will people still be suggesting he play QB? Absolutely absurd.

I guess maybe all I'm saying is I would definitely not use the word "absurd". It's not "absolutely absurd" unless you're biased.

Here's a more recent article:

https://www.cbsnews.com/news/colin-kaep ... -training/

"I am still up at 5 a.m. training five, six days a week making sure I'm prepared to take a team to a Super Bowl again," Kaepernick told the publication. "That's not something I will ever let go of, regardless of the actions of 32 teams and their partners to deny me employment. The same way I was persistent in high school is the same way I'm gonna be persistent here."

Kaepernick, 33, hasn't played in a professional football game since 2016 after leading the kneeling protests during the national anthem to bring attention to police brutality and racial injustice.

I don’t respond to these threads because they are just a trap. If you disagree for any reason you are a racist. See bolded part by OP. Kaep is a Dick that skipped a special treatment NFL sponsored workout for the idiot. He didn’t show up. Once and always a loser at both in the NFL and in Life.

I would not mind bringing in Cam though he is certainly not a long term solution.

But you're responding now, and also, I don't think he meant racially biased there. The absurdity of the proposition is certainly overblown.

Ambrose83

Reaction score
Maybe we should consider the manager here at the local tire shop, he played a year of varsity ball... Are we just trying to come up with the most absurd posts for fun ?

MesquiteHawk

Reaction score
toffee":10fimrsi said:
no reason why not, even just to kick the tire as vet minimum backup .

If he would play for anything close to the vet minimum (or even good backup money) he would have had a job years ago. He wanted starter money so he could play the martyr when he didn’t get it.

OP
OP
SNDavidson

SNDavidson

Reaction score
I'm strictly looking at the athlete.

I would bet money he still has his speed, who would be a good comp running wise, Josh Allen?

I look at the body type and wear on the athlete. He's a lean, athletic strider with a strong arm. He's an athletic talent with minimal wear on his body.

That's it. He's cheap. Has a chip. Not a bum. Or, wow, a "pos".

wow.

Sgt. Largent

Reaction score
It's gonna be 2035 and someone's gonna ask if we need to sign Kaepernick.

oldhawkfan

Reaction score
No thank you. He’s been out of the league too damn long. Rust from not playing is a real thing. BTW, Russ ain’t going anywhere!!! Tune out the noise.

toffee

Reaction score
Lots of reasons not to sign him, few reason why not to kick the tires on him, the worst is time wasted in kicking the tires.

cymatica

Reaction score
No thanks on an activist QB who promotes racial division who's greatest asset was a running threat at a younger age

Spohawks

Reaction score
SNDavidson":1r5ntvfn said:
Shanegotyou11":1r5ntvfn said:
Yea lets replace russ with a 35yr old.

Who else you got?

All resources to the trenches I think this works for 2-3 years which allows for a 1st round rookie to develop.
If we are playing in the way back machine, I got Tebow. Dude completed 75% of his passes the last year he played and has winning playoff experience.

Neither is going to happen.

CalgaryFan05

Reaction score
No.

Just No.

Kap is not the answer to your problem. These are not the droids your looking for. Move along.

'Maybe' 2 years ago. Maybe. But just no.

chris98251

Reaction score
Bring in this guy, he had a great deep ball.

Ing camp for the new york jets picture id515185504

Looks like this now but hell if we are going former.

090819_jetsbills026cs-1024x683.jpg

ZagHawk

Reaction score
I've read in a few places people have offered CK positions but he wants to be a starter and get paid starter money or he's not playing which no team wants to do given his recent production before he stopped playing. It also really helps his narrative that the NFL and Team Owners have a secret agenda against him not playing in the NFL vs just showing the facts that he's no longer a starting caliber QB and it's his refusal to accept that (and its contract).

CK was figured out. You all remember how the Hawks would demolish CK because they'd force him to stay in the pocket and make bad throws. Yeah that's exactly what opposing offenses would do to the Hawks if CK was under center (even as a back up).

MD5eahawks

Reaction score
When in the actual F are people going to understand that this guy sucks? For crying out loud, move on.

Spohawks

Reaction score
He never kneeled and created drama when he was starting. So start him, give him some short passes and trade him. Easy money.

Maelstrom787

Reaction score
Spohawks":3dcs3vlp said:
SNDavidson":3dcs3vlp said:
Shanegotyou11":3dcs3vlp said:

Who else you got?

All resources to the trenches I think this works for 2-3 years which allows for a 1st round rookie to develop.
If we are playing in the way back machine, I got Tebow. Dude completed 75% of his passes the last year he played and has winning playoff experience.

Tebow was always legitimately awful, though.

Terrible. Not an NFL quality player.

Spohawks

Reaction score
Maelstrom787":1lpxmkba said:
Spohawks":1lpxmkba said:
SNDavidson":1lpxmkba said:
Shanegotyou11":1lpxmkba said:

Who else you got?

Tebow was always legitimately awful, though.

Terrible. Not an NFL quality player.
"Always"??? There is not a head coach in 2021 that would pull their starting QB when he is completing 75% of his passes. Rex Ryan was let go for a reason.

But prove me wrong. Which coach would drop their 75% completion QB right now?