Bring in Colin Kaepernick for a look

toffee

Reaction score
ryank24":38krplih said:
There's dozens of unemployed mediocre quarterbacks the hawks could bring in for a visit. There's no reason Kaepernick warrants a look over anybody else. Jay Cutler played as recently as Kaepernick...why not bring him in for a look?

Did Jay played in superbowl? How many conference championships? May be Jay could get a look see too, that does not discount Kaep's chance of a look see.

ryank24

Reaction score
Kaep lost a super bowl 10 years ago in a season where he started less than half the season. I don't know if people realize, but he has a losing career record. In his last 2 seasons, he was 2-6 and 1-10 as a starter. He has less than 60% career completion rate, he's 35 years old and hasn't played in 5 years. The last time the NFL gave him a tryout, he skipped it.

You could say "what's the harm in bringing him in for a look see" about literally every free agent. I don't really care about it because there's zero chance the hawks actually bring him in for a tryout, I just don't understand why anybody would still think there's any upside to it at this point. 3-4 years ago I would have been happy to have him as a back up.

Ad Hawk

Reaction score
toffee":3rahr6v7 said:
For folks do not mix politic and football:
No reason not to bring him in evaluation, most likely he won't make the team, he is old and haven't played for a long time but he could do some of the stuff Russ could, a long time ago.

For folks do mix politic and football:
Oh my God, he is the anti-Christ, if Hawks let him step on team ground, I ain't no 12 no more.

I don't want politics and football mixed, but he does/did. That's his shtick. Thus, I'm not interested in him when I watch football.

CPHawk

Reaction score
Let’s also call Luck, RGIII and Rivers a call. We can have a competition of guys whose games went way down due to injuries.

OP
OP
SNDavidson

SNDavidson

Reaction score
CPHawk":u5x7yfrb said:
Let’s also call Luck, RGIII and Rivers a call. We can have a competition of guys whose games went way down due to injuries.

I mean he's had like 6 years to heal lol

Edit: AND, thank you mods, you have a tough job!

CPHawk

Reaction score
SNDavidson":1mmv0hzf said:
CPHawk":1mmv0hzf said:

He was terrible his last 2 years in the nfl. People have forgotten that fact. He was 3-16 his last 2 years and completed under 60%. You can find 10 backups to do that.

OP
OP
SNDavidson

SNDavidson

Reaction score
CPHawk":1g4yeaip said:
SNDavidson":1g4yeaip said:
CPHawk":1g4yeaip said:

He was terrible his last 2 years in the nfl. People have forgotten that fact. He was 3-16 his last 2 years and completed under 60%. You can find 10 backups to do that.

Yes, every player is exactly the same. Good argument.

OP
OP
SNDavidson

SNDavidson

Reaction score
Getting waaaaay ahead of myself, but, I'd imagine some new young talent might follow a guy like that.